PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomson

gazzag70
07-02-2016, 04:58 PM
First post after many years of viewing so take it easy guys but I thought Thommo was great when he came on.Composed,accurate passing,his experience showed,his passion for Hibs really shone through,well played Kev!

Peevemor
07-02-2016, 04:59 PM
First post after many years of viewing so take it easy guys but I thought Thommo was great when he came on.Composed,accurate passing,his experience showed,his passion for Hibs really shone through,well played Kev!

Hiya Kevin. Hiya pal. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
07-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Took him a bit time to get the pace of the game but the 2nd half he was very good.

He's still an excellent passer of the ball.

Andy74
07-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Thought he was great. Some passes in that second half that we don't play very often. Not since Allan left anyway.

Joe6-2
07-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Hiya Kevin. Hiya pal. :greengrin

That's cruel 😂😂😂

JJP
07-02-2016, 05:02 PM
First half he looked like he was struggling to get around big time. Hugely impressed with him in the second half though.

hibee_girl
07-02-2016, 05:03 PM
I'm not his biggest fan but he was great in the 2nd half.

Not as good as Bartley though :greengrin

ManBearPig
07-02-2016, 05:04 PM
I thought he struggled Especially at first.

Weststandwanab
07-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Thought he was great. Some passes in that second half that we don't play very often. Not since Allan left anyway.

Allan who ?

Golden Bear
07-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Brilliant goal line clearance at the end otherwise it would have been another hard luck story. Well played the Kev.

hfc rd
07-02-2016, 05:06 PM
He was fantastic in the 2nd half. Some of his forward passes were brilliant.

HibeeDaz6270
07-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Thought he was Brilliant in the second half when moved central. He made things happen with some nice passes.

Shrekko
07-02-2016, 05:09 PM

You thought he 'struggled' in the 2nd half?

gazzag70
07-02-2016, 05:16 PM
All credit to Stubbs for bringing him back.He will be a big game player!

worcesterhibby
07-02-2016, 05:20 PM
wasn't keen on him coming back...but played well today and looks like he really cares. Happy to admit Stubbs seems to know more about football than me....who'd have thought! :greengrin

Winston Ingram
07-02-2016, 05:25 PM
He was excellent

Smartie
07-02-2016, 05:29 PM
I thought he was all over the shop when he first went on. Having lost another goal and having had our midfield disrupted and imbalanced I honestly didn't see how we were going to get back into the game and even suggested at the game that we take him off again!

I couldn't have been more wrong - his calmness and ability to get a foot on the ball was essential in our comeback. His clearance off the line and also his ability to mix it when required all added up to a superb afternoon's work for him.

Very strong 2nd half from him, absolutely delighted with his contribution.

TheFamous1875
07-02-2016, 05:31 PM
I thought he was all over the shop when he first went on. Having lost another goal and having had our midfield disrupted and imbalanced I honestly didn't see how we were going to get back into the game and even suggested at the game that we take him off again!

I couldn't have been more wrong - his calmness and ability to get a foot on the ball was essential in our win. His clearance off the line and also his ability to mix it when required all added up to a superb afternoon's work for him.

Very strong 2nd half from him, absolutely delighted with his contribution.

Woah, there! Other than that I agree completely :aok:

7 Up
07-02-2016, 05:37 PM
wasn't keen on him coming back...

Neither was I and really feared he would be an empty shirt when he came on. Fair play though, he did well.

Smartie
Woah, there! Other than that I agree completely :aok:

Oops - got a bit carried away.

It feels like a win.

I've slagged them enough for celebrating draws over the years - I'm going to enjoy this one.

Northernhibee
Swallowing my words - thought he should have been taken off at HT after his unforgivable lack of effort for their second goal but he was excellent with his passing in the second half. Fair play to the lad for bucking up his ideas.

Crammond Hibee
07-02-2016, 05:40 PM
Swallowing my words - thought he should have been taken off at HT after his unforgivable lack of effort for their second goal but he was excellent with his passing in the second half. Fair play to the lad for bucking up his ideas.

I though he was ok
Good back up

Pete
07-02-2016, 05:59 PM
All those who were giving him clogg at half time should do the right thing. Post an apology and admit you were wrong about our marvellous ball playing midfielder.

Golden Bear
07-02-2016, 06:02 PM

Usain Bolt himself wouldn't have got back on time from the same starting position! "Unforgivable lack of effort" is just way over the top.

Northernhibee
07-02-2016, 06:03 PM
All those who were giving him clogg at half time should do the right thing. Post an apology and admit you were wrong about our marvellous ball playing midfielder.

Well, no. Up to HT was about as bad a performance in a Hibs shirt this year and Stubbs would have been fully justified in hooking him at HT.

However his balls forward were very good in the second half and he turned his performance around. Those saying he was awful in the 1st half were right as were those who said his overall performance was good as he did turn it around.

keep the faith
07-02-2016, 06:06 PM

Not sure what you watched. He was exceptional in the second half.

euro Hibby
07-02-2016, 06:07 PM
Did fine second half and saved a last minute goal. Good aquisition. It can't be easy coming on in a derby with a bit of history behind you. Great day for players who support the club. Hanlon goal on assist from Mcgregor header. Happy day.

Jim44
07-02-2016, 06:07 PM
I'm eating my words a bit after an earlier post. He came on to a game and is a handy guy to have around. We'll get value from him ( God, I sound like Warburton ) if Stubbs uses him at the right time in the right matches.

Pete
07-02-2016, 06:08 PM
Well, no. Up to HT was about as bad a performance in a Hibs shirt this year and Stubbs would have been fully justified in hooking him at HT.

However his balls forward were very good in the second half and he turned his performance around. Those saying he was awful in the 1st half were right as were those who said his overall performance was good as he did turn it around.

Apology accepted :thumbsup:

BSEJVT
07-02-2016, 06:08 PM

I think that's a pretty unfair assessment of his first half contribution.

Hasn't played for weeks on end, comes on an we immediately lose a bad goal, then lose a second as he is probably trying to find the pace of the game.

I am not his biggest fan, but the amount of criticism we give our players is way OTT

He was never going to be able to fulfil the role McGeouch was for the team and if anyone deserves criticism, it was Stubbs for not changing the shape when we brought him on.

gazzag70
07-02-2016, 06:09 PM

😎😎😎😎 He won't be able to play every game but when he can be be introduced he will be a quality addition.Fantastic experience added to the squad IMO!!

Golden Bear
07-02-2016, 06:09 PM
His first half performance amounted to all of 14 minutes!

Northernhibee
07-02-2016, 06:10 PM

Hasn't played for weeks on end, comes on an we immediately lose a bad goal, then lose a second as he is probably trying to find the pace of the game.

I am not his biggest fan, but the amount of criticism we give our players is way OTT

He was never going to be able to fulfil the role McGeouch was for the team and if anyone deserves criticism, it was Stubbs for not changing the shape when we brought him on.

There's a difference between a lack of fitness and a lack of effort and the 2nd goal was the latter.

Second half he was very, very good though so as I say, fully deserves a pat on the back in the end.

Mr Grieves
07-02-2016, 06:14 PM
He was a bit slow at getting back on a few occasions but some of his passes were superb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BSEJVT
07-02-2016, 06:16 PM
There's a difference between a lack of fitness and a lack of effort and the 2nd goal was the latter.

Second half he was very, very good though so as I say, fully deserves a pat on the back in the end.

We will need to agree to disagree

I didn't see it as a lack of effort, lack of awareness or sharpness perhaps but lack of effort is a pretty serious assertion to make against any footballer.

Shrekko
07-02-2016, 06:18 PM
We will need to agree to disagree

I didn't see it as a lack of effort, lack of awareness or sharpness perhaps but lack of effort is a pretty serious assertion to make against any footballer.
Agree and whatever anyone thinks of KT, as a player I'm amazed to read these allegations from his own fans.

I can't see any player coming into a game and deciding not to try, especially a committed Hibs fan coming on in a derby. Absolute nonsense.

gazzag70
07-02-2016, 06:26 PM
Agree and whatever anyone thinks of KT, as a player I'm amazed to read these allegations from his own fans.

I can't see any player coming into a game and deciding not to try, especially a committed Hibs fan coming on in a derby. Absolute nonsense.

Agree!!

rcarter1
07-02-2016, 06:29 PM
I admit I wasn't too sure about him returning, and the chat in the first half was that he was well off the pace, and posted missing for their second goal. By all accounts he was really effective second half, and the reaction to the equaliser, and a goal line clearance says it all. I trust Stubbs to use him in an effective position for us. Good player to have if he is still spraying those passes. Could be a key part to our promotion push.

hibeeleicester
07-02-2016, 06:37 PM
He played VERY well. Hope he stays fit!

Bleeds green
07-02-2016, 06:51 PM
Last time he came back under butcher he didn't play as much as he should and when he did he was playing with huddys what a difference when u have a passer of his ability with good players around him! Will play a big part in whatever we go on to achieve this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwards
07-02-2016, 07:07 PM

Felt it took him a wee bit to adjust but got there eventually was he getting a regular game at Dundee. I just hope McGeough is ok and Gray. With Fyvie and Fontaine on the injury list that leaves us a bit short hope they will be back quickly. Felt Stokes should have let Henderson have a go at free kicks.

Alex Trager
07-02-2016, 08:37 PM
Thought he was top notch in the second half.

The passes forward are finally in a team that is willing to accept them.

lucky
07-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Great passing and showed good commitment in the second half. He will contribute in the run in

ancient hibee
07-02-2016, 09:25 PM
I wasn't impressed at his returning to ER-thought the money could have been better spent but he played well today.Any Hibs fan who thinks a Hibs supporting player doesn't put in the effort when he comes on in a derby match really knows nothing about football.

keep the faith
07-02-2016, 09:29 PM
A quick look at all these goal celebration pics doing the rounds tonight will tell you how much thommo cares about this club.
He could be massive for us in the weeks ahead.

Risboro Hibby
07-02-2016, 09:56 PM
I think he struggled in the first half as I saw he came straight of the bench without any warm up therefore had to take time to find the pace of the match. Immense second half though.

marinello59
07-02-2016, 09:58 PM
I think he struggled in the first half as I saw he came straight of the bench without any warm up therefore had to take time to find the pace of the match. Immense second half though.

I thought the same. At half time I was questioning his presence, at full time I was singing his praises.

Smartie
07-02-2016, 10:08 PM
I thought the same. At half time I was questioning his presence, at full time I was singing his praises.

At half time I was picturing the conversation he had with Hartley regarding his departure from Dundee - "not able to play top level football any more" - and I would have agreed.

I wonder what Paul Hartley would have made of his second half performance? He looked pretty comfortable against a top level team to me.

Hibeewilly
07-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Two words describe Kevin Thomson for me - class above. Well done today Kevin

Hiber-nation
07-02-2016, 10:18 PM

Me too. I think the game suited him in the 2nd half with them parking the bus and lumping aimless long balls up the park, giving us loads of possession. He made some lovely passes.

truehibernian
07-02-2016, 10:20 PM
KT steadied the ship - have to say Marvin Bartey was utterly superb second half and surprised he's not received plaudits - Hearts stupidly sat off and despite Neilson admitting we were a better team in possession he let his side sit back - our gain and we'll win at Easter Road, absolutely no doubt about it now - today showed Hearts are psychologically weak - dare I say due to the foreign blend and no concept of a derby - our side dig in and don't give a flying one if they score.

Hibs will easily beat them at home.

truehibernian
07-02-2016, 10:20 PM
And I did predict 2-2 and a replay !

J-C
07-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Wasn't up to speed when he came on and got caught for the 1st by not being quick enough to get back but then the whole team were standing off, thought he stood out in the 2nd and his composure and passing was there for all too see.

Billy Whizz
07-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Wasn't up to speed when he came on and got caught for the 1st by not being quick enough to get back but then the whole team were standing off, thought he stood out in the 2nd and his composure and passing was there for all too see.

Probably hasn't played for 4/5 weeks, was going to take a bit to get up to speed.
Squad starting to get stretched in the defensive/midfield areas just now

Onion
07-02-2016, 10:30 PM
Had a very dodgy first 15 mins when he was off the pace, but came onto a great game. He, Henderson and McGinn bossed the midfield for the 2nd half.

truehibernian
07-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Probably hasn't played for 4/5 weeks, was going to take a bit to get up to speed.
Squad starting to get stretched in the defensive/midfield areas just now

He was the lynchpin second half - anyone saying otherwise doesn't see a game properly. Not once second half were we dominated midfield, thanks to KT and Bartey.

147lothian
07-02-2016, 11:02 PM
I though KT strolled through the game and showed in the second half with his killer passes he can be a vital player to feed Stokes and Cummings, a great bit of business by Stubbs, IMO we shouldn't really judge KT on his second spell under Butcher because the hoofball tackticks were an anarchic brand and a million miles from what Stubbs is trying to achieve

hibee_girl
07-02-2016, 11:19 PM
Didn't realise it was KT that cleared the ball off the line in the dying seconds :aok:

Alex Trager
07-02-2016, 11:23 PM
His eye for a pass is superb. It will go down well in this team

lyonhibs
07-02-2016, 11:35 PM
His ability to pass the ball isn't in question. His fitness for games of that pace still is for me.

keep the faith
07-02-2016, 11:43 PM
His ability to pass the ball isn't in question. His fitness for games of that pace still is for me.

But he played in a game of that pace today and bossed it!!!

et_hibby
07-02-2016, 11:47 PM
KT steadied the ship - have to say Marvin Bartey was utterly superb second half and surprised he's not received plaudits - Hearts stupidly sat off and despite Neilson admitting we were a better team in possession he let his side sit back - our gain and we'll win at Easter Road, absolutely no doubt about it now - today showed Hearts are psychologically weak - dare I say due to the foreign blend and no concept of a derby - our side dig in and don't give a flying one if they score.

Hibs will easily beat them at home.
Looks like you call it right about Bartley, Nevin has him as MOTM on Sportcene.

Torto7062
07-02-2016, 11:52 PM
We all love a Virgin on here,

Couldn't agree more with your post

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jacomo
08-02-2016, 12:02 AM
That's cruel 😂😂😂

Spot on though.

Nice to have Katie back with us. :wink:

IWasThere2016
08-02-2016, 12:49 AM
Fabulous player. Great today.

Crammond Hibee
08-02-2016, 01:06 AM

I feel the same

.Sean.
08-02-2016, 01:33 AM
I think this photo shows how much the club means to him. I absolutely love him

KWJ
08-02-2016, 03:16 AM
Wasn't at all excited by his resigning or that we had to turn to him in the game. Wow, we showed me up. He got us passing when we'd been panicking. His passes looked so simple but it was only Thomson that was finding Stokes or Cummings at their feet with clever, head up passes. Game changer. And that header off the line, thank you.

Purehibee_MYB
08-02-2016, 04:27 AM
I wouldn't go as far as to say he was amazing or outstanding but for his first game back he did really well. It's especially great to see some very direct passes forward in the final third. I feel we sometimes avoid that pass so to have someone who is willing to take that option is great. That said, when he first came on he played a horrible pass that nearly cost us just in front of our own box but he's no doubt lacking match fixing. An all round good addition to the squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWJ
08-02-2016, 09:19 AM
If we hadn't signed KT who would we have brought on?

Signing's already proved it's worth.

rotherhamrob
08-02-2016, 10:04 AM
His clearance of the line in the last minute was worth whatever we're paying him.
Just think how we'd all be feeling if those @@$ks had scored then.

MB62
08-02-2016, 11:30 AM
If we hadn't signed KT who would we have brought on?

Signing's already proved it's worth.

Keatings, Dagnall or Boyle?

However, as soon as Dylan's groin went again, my first reaction was, K.T. is an ideal replacement and we will now find out how fit and good a signing he really is.

It was a slow start for him, didn't read the situation developing for the 2nd goal and it cost us. However, as most have said, 2nd half he was very good and playing more central suited him. The whole team were different in the 2nd half and Nevin was right about Bartley AND Gunnersson , excellent performances from them both.

Very proud of ALL the lads AGAIN today :thumbsup: :hibees

GGTTH

keep the faith
08-02-2016, 12:58 PM
Scott Bain just tweeted to say thommo changed the game.