PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fan who fell

1two
07-02-2016, 03:04 PM
Anyone know if he's ok? He fell over the barrier into the exit tunnel. Never seen it personally but they took a while to open it back up again?

Hibee_Craig7062
07-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Hope he's OK. Looked like he was in a bad way. Happened just a min before I came down but didn't see how it happened

Hibby70
07-02-2016, 03:43 PM
Someone who saw it said he'd ran down the steps and went right over the barrier. Hope he's ok.

Danderhall Hibs
07-02-2016, 03:52 PM
I was right next to it - it was a sickening thud.

He was conscious but I suspect he'll have broken something.

sbell1875
07-02-2016, 04:14 PM
I seen a few people slip on the steps at the front section. Granted the conditions weren't the best but the PBS is looking exceptionally run down these days and I've thought for a while that it's only a matter of time before something really serious happens.

I hope the guy is ok.

ruthven_raiders
07-02-2016, 04:15 PM
I seen a few people slip on the steps at the front section. Granted the conditions weren't the best but the PBS is looking exceptionally run down these days and I've thought for a while that it's only a matter of time before something really serious happens.

I hope the guy is ok.

Several fell last week. Granted it was wet last week too but they don't clean the steps or concourse areas, so grime mixed with wet means accident waiting to happen.

simple
07-02-2016, 04:16 PM
I was also right next to it and heard the thud when he hit the concrete, would really like to if anyone knows he's ok?

Hibee_Craig7062
07-02-2016, 04:17 PM
This incident wasn't at the front steps it was at the exit tunnel for section H

07-02-2016, 04:18 PM
Oh god, sounds nasty. Hope he's alright!

Nakedmanoncrack
07-02-2016, 04:18 PM
Worst thing I've ever seen happen to a spectator at a game, happened right in front of us. Dealt with very badly by police and stewards I have to say, was clearly an emergency situation but they reacted so slowly & didn't take control of the situation. Inevitably people who didn't know what had happened weren't happy at not being allowed out via that exit at half time, tempers were frayed & punches thrown. Went down & tried to help, one of stewards was clearly distressed having seen it - hope he makes a full recovery.

Hibernia&Alba
07-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Worst thing I've ever seen happen to a spectator at a game, happened right in front of us. Dealt with very badly by police and stewards I have to say, was clearly an emergency situation but they reacted so slowly & didn't take control of the situation. Inevitably people who didn't know what had happened weren't happy at not being allowed out via that exit at half time, tempers were frayed & punches thrown. Went down & tried to help, one of stewards was clearly distressed having seen it - hope he makes a full recovery.

It sounds bad. Fingers crossed the guy is okay and makes a speedy recovery. Horrible thing to happen.

trev the hat
07-02-2016, 04:22 PM
Was taken away on a spinal board after a lengthy delay, appeared conscious but in a bad way. Hope he is ok.

Scottie
That dosen't sound good. Hope he makes a full recovery.

murray26
Seen it too.. Felt sick.. Would love someone to verify the the guy is ok..

hfc rd
07-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Jeez, this sounds horrific! Hope he's ok and makes a speedy recovery!

'mon the beers
07-02-2016, 04:45 PM
Asked a steward when I left and he had been up and sitting before he was taken away in an ambulance. No idea what happened but I hope he is alright

oconnors_strip
07-02-2016, 04:53 PM
One of his friends has posted on Facebook that he is still in hospital, presume he is getting tests and maybe observation. He is talking but from the look of him when he was getting moved very carefully on to the spinal board he is very lucky if he hasn't done any damage.

If I hear any more I will update on here

Danderhall Hibs
07-02-2016, 04:55 PM
One of his friends has posted on Facebook that he is still in hospital, presume he is getting tests and maybe observation. He is talking but from the look of him when he was getting moved very carefully on to the spinal board he is very lucky if he hasn't done any damage.

If I hear any more I will update on here

Hopefully precautionary. Sounded a sore one and if he's come over the top of the barrier it'll have been a real achievement for him to have escaped serious injury.

JJP
07-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Poor guy. Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

CraigHibee
07-02-2016, 05:32 PM
Was sitting in section K next to the exit and never seen anything but hope the guy makes a speedy recovery, I might add I nearly slipped on my arse twice, 1st coming into the stand and 2nd leaving that **** hole, was quite slippy underfoot

Danderhall Hibs
07-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Was sitting in section K next to the exit and never seen anything but hope the guy makes a speedy recovery, I might add I nearly slipped on my arse twice, 1st coming into the stand and 2nd leaving that **** hole, was quite slippy underfoot

I saw a few boys slip today but as far as I know he didn't slip - he done a complete header over the barrier and landed down in the exit. It's a big drop.

CraigHibee
07-02-2016, 05:40 PM
I saw a few boys slip today but as far as I know he didn't slip - he done a complete header over the barrier and landed down in the exit. It's a big drop.

Not good at all bud

Carheenlea
07-02-2016, 05:42 PM
A prime example why players shouldn't celebrate and make inflamitory gestures in front of opposing fans.

Mcpakeisgod
07-02-2016, 05:44 PM
It was a women , she was ok

Kiddo
07-02-2016, 05:46 PM
He's fine, just badly bruised 👍🏻

Silky
07-02-2016, 05:47 PM
A prime example why players shouldn't celebrate and make inflamitory gestures in front of opposing fans.

True, but in that sort of case there is no need for folk to leave there seats and try to run towards said player. Don't understand the point in that. Stay in yer seat ffs.

hibsbollah
07-02-2016, 05:54 PM
True, but in that sort of case there is no need for folk to leave there seats and try to run towards said player. Don't understand the point in that. Stay in yer seat ffs.

Football would be ***** if everyone 'stayed in their seats'.let's keep this as a wellwishing thread and not start criticising the poor guy.

Pretty Boy
07-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Football would be ***** if everyone 'stayed in their seats'.let's keep this as a wellwishing thread and not start criticising the poor guy.

Exactly. Proud to say I didn't use my seat once today.

Hope the poor guy is ok as sounds a bad one.

oconnors_strip
07-02-2016, 05:58 PM
It was a women , she was ok

The person we are talking about is a man who fell over the wall and in to the exit that leads to the concourse

Carheenlea
07-02-2016, 06:00 PM

It works both ways, but while adults should have a responsibility for their own actions, professional footballers have a responsibility to conduct themselves in a responsible mbanner and not inflame opposing fans by making offensive gestures in front of opposition fans.

Dunbar Hibee
08-02-2016, 12:15 AM
Truly disturbing stuff, the guy wasn't moving for ages. Hope he's alright, did not look good at all. :(

oconnors_strip
08-02-2016, 08:40 AM
Truly disturbing stuff, the guy wasn't moving for ages. Hope he's alright, did not look good at all. :(

His mate posted on Facebook that he is ok thankfully

SMAXXA
08-02-2016, 09:02 AM
Then to top it off his mate got lifted 🙈

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Then to top it off his mate got lifted 🙈

TBF if he was the boy with the tshirt and tattoos he was acting like a complete :trumpet:

He was looking for a fight rather than comforting his mate.

erin go bragh
08-02-2016, 09:38 AM
They horrible rusted steps that lead up to the stand are a total joke . Add a bit rain and it's a wonder they are allowed . How they get a health and safety pass for them alone is beyond me . Would concrete stairs cost that much ! Shhhit hole of a stadium .

GGTTH

snedzuk
08-02-2016, 12:12 PM
It works both ways, but while adults should have a responsibility for their own actions, professional footballers have a responsibility to conduct themselves in a responsible mbanner and not inflame opposing fans by making offensive gestures in front of opposition fans.

The club - any club - also has responsibility to ensure as far as reasonably practicable a safe environment. I would be surprised if the hse were not looking at this and hearts should know about it and recognise it as a motifiable incident (to the hse).

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2016, 12:15 PM
The club - any club - also has responsibility to ensure as far as reasonably practicable a safe environment. I would be surprised if the hse were not looking at this and hearts should know about it and recognise it as a motifiable incident (to the hse).

TBF it would appear the boy caused this himself. There was a barrier on top of the exit and he must've vaulted it. or he was running down the stairs at such a pace it caused him to go flying. Looking at it yesterday it would seem nigh on impossible to do what he done without it being deliberate.

Personal responsibility is something folk need to take more of.

Having said that I hope the boy's ok.

monktonharp
08-02-2016, 12:22 PM
:agree: these modern concrete steps can be a concern when wet. the stairways should have anti-slip edges imho. a few weeks ago the Raith commentator mentioned that was slippy underfoot and to take care, but as soon as we entered the stadium we had been sliding all over the concourse. there was no sign of matting at the entrances.everyone entering, was adding to the wet floors. It's mostly polished concrete and needs looked at seriously by the authorities.

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2016, 12:23 PM
:agree: these modern concrete steps can be a concern when wet. the stairways should have anti-slip edges imho. a few weeks ago the Raith commentator mentioned that was slippy underfoot and to take care, but as soon as we entered the stadium we had been sliding all over the concourse. there was no sign of matting at the entrances.everyone entering, was adding to the wet floors. It's mostly polished concrete and needs looked at seriously by the authorities.

I agree - however I don't think the guy taking the tumble simply slipped on the stairs.

monktonharp
08-02-2016, 12:27 PM
I agree - however I don't think the guy taking the tumble simply slipped on the stairs.
I take your point, but find it strange that he could topple over a barrier. these are usually points where stewards are positioned, are they not? at least at the bottom of stairs.

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2016, 12:28 PM
I take your point, but find it strange that he could topple over a barrier. these are usually points where stewards are positioned, are they not? at least at the bottom of stairs.

They're not there at ER either. If they had been at the bottom of the stairs he'd have landed on top of one!

He fell over the top of the exit to the concourse.

monktonharp
08-02-2016, 12:38 PM
They're not there at ER either. If they had been at the bottom of the stairs he'd have landed on top of one!

He fell over the top of the exit to the concourse.ok , calm doon. I wisnae there and wisnae me what done it:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2016, 12:39 PM
ok , calm doon. I wisnae there and wisnae me what done it:greengrin

Sorry if I appeared to be angry - I was just trying to explain where it was cos it seems some folk are assuming he slipped down the stairs. It was actually much worse than that.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-02-2016, 02:04 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160208/9e9251058b6fbb26117150fb50b3dd13.jpg

This was a seat just along from me. That ridiculous single row of seats that they have in their three more modern stands(use the term loosely). Can honestly say I've never been to another stadium where they have a row of seats for folk to sit on their own. Absolutely bizarre. Look how filthy this seat is, literally dripping in bird *****. Some poor bugger paid £28 for that. Joke of a stadium.

Hibernia&Alba
08-02-2016, 03:50 PM

Well, that's good news.

H18S NX
08-02-2016, 07:13 PM
He is my mates son,he has severe bruising to his shoulder,but he is recovering well

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2016, 07:21 PM
He is my mates son,he has severe bruising to his shoulder,but he is recovering well

Good to hear, very lucky could have been so much worse.

One Day
08-02-2016, 07:46 PM

That's good news, happened just along from where I was sat and I feared it was going to be a lot worse.

Nakedmanoncrack
08-02-2016, 07:54 PM
TBF it would appear the boy caused this himself. There was a barrier on top of the exit and he must've vaulted it. or he was running down the stairs at such a pace it caused him to go flying. Looking at it yesterday it would seem nigh on impossible to do what he done without it being deliberate.

Personal responsibility is something folk need to take more of.

Having said that I hope the boy's ok.

Deliberate ??
That would be a suicide attempt.

Looking at the exit & barrier it does look hard to imagine how it happened, but it happened right in front of me and it certainly wasn't intended!

There were actually two people involved in the incident who, yes were coming down the steps at speed, on reaching the bottom of the aisle the first one slipped & fell on his back on the steps, a nasty enough fall, the other who was right behind/beside him ended up toppling over the barrier.

08-02-2016, 08:21 PM

This was a seat just along from me. That ridiculous single row of seats that they have in their three more modern stands(use the term loosely). Can honestly say I've never been to another stadium where they have a row of seats for folk to sit on their own. Absolutely bizarre. Look how filthy this seat is, literally dripping in bird *****. Some poor bugger paid £28 for that. Joke of a stadium.

Saw that as well. Absolutely disgusting. The stadium is a total disgrace.

08-02-2016, 08:25 PM

Thank god. Not nice for the guy but could have been a hell of a lot worse!

iwasthere1972
08-02-2016, 08:33 PM

How can you be so sure that it wasn't a man?

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Deliberate ??

Looking at the exit & barrier it does look hard to imagine how it happened, but it happened right in front of me and it certainly wasn't intended!

There were actually two people involved in the incident who, yes were coming down the steps at speed, on reaching the bottom of the aisle the first one slipped & fell on his back on the steps, a nasty enough fall, the other who was right behind/beside him ended up toppling over the barrier.

Reading it again it doesn't sound right. However it does seem difficult for him to have leaped over the barrier. Even taking a run down the stairs and slipping wouldn't have caused him to go up and over. Maybe he tried to stand on top of the thing to shout and fell over?

Glad he's ok.

givescotlandfreedom
08-02-2016, 08:43 PM

That's absolutely disgusting. They obviously couldn't give a stuff about away fans.

RoYO!
08-02-2016, 09:26 PM
When were the 3 modern stands built in relation to ours?

The entire place really does feel so run down. One of the best memories of the St J game were peoples reactions to the 'Hearts Hospitality' burger van on the way out. People were taking selfies with it in the background. Priceless stuff. :thumbsup:

greenginger
08-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Deliberate ??

He should get a compensation claim in double quick. They'll settle .They would'nt want a Health and Safety officer giving his opinion on that place in a court.

Dashing Bob S
08-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Brings up one of my main grouses about the modern football supporter - not enough attention given to the type of footwear deployed to ensure that as well as looking stylish, they can actually do a job in the conditions.

Shoes, shoes and shoes again.

greenlad
08-02-2016, 09:40 PM
When were the 3 modern stands built in relation to ours?

Easter Road - North & South 1995,West 2001, East 2010

Tynecastle - Wheatfield 1994, Roseburn 1995, Gorgie 1997 (Main Stand 1914)

Tinribs
08-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Easter Road - North & South 1995,West 2001, East 2010

Tynecastle - Wheatfield 1994, Roseburn 1995, Gorgie 1997 (Main Stand 1914)

Three of their stands are pretty much contemporary with three of ours, yet there is a huge gulf in looks and general standards of safety and cleanliness. A hell of a lot of neglect has gone into that PBS, if it was a kid you would jail the guardians.

Jones28
08-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Three of their stands are pretty much contemporary with three of ours, yet there is a huge gulf in looks and general standards of safety and cleanliness. A hell of a lot of neglect has gone into that PBS, if it was a kid you would jail the guardians.

Compare our oldest stands to their newest and there's still a hell of a difference! Can only be a matter of time before it goes too far

cabbageandribs1875
09-02-2016, 12:29 AM
tell you one thing, it says a lot about jambos..willing to sit in a absolute hovel of a stadium, is the budge seriously proud to be at the top seat of that slagheap ? surely she feels a lot of embarrassment when visiting clubs directors visit and see the run down state of that ground

linlithgowhibbie
09-02-2016, 06:04 AM
tell you one thing, it says a lot about jambos..willing to sit in a absolute hovel of a stadium, is the budge seriously proud to be at the top seat of that slagheap ? surely she feels a lot of embarrassment when visiting clubs directors visit and see the run down state of that ground

I loved the old East, surely a sign that fans will follow their team in any kind of stadium!!:thumbsup:

Still a Sh**hole

Peevemor
09-02-2016, 06:21 AM
I loved the old East, surely a sign that fans will follow their team in any kind of stadium!!:thumbsup:

Still a Sh**hole

The difference is that the East was basic, but never dangerous.

Keith_M
09-02-2016, 11:25 AM
The difference is that the East was basic, but never dangerous.

It was if you were a Jambo or an OF Supporter

:wink:

iwasthere1972
09-02-2016, 11:28 AM

That's the reason they replaced the 100w lightbulb for a 40w.

snooky
09-02-2016, 04:56 PM

Probably the exact spot were Nade ate everybody's lunch

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-02-2016, 05:20 PM

8 years it's taken me to track down my lunch and that's what I'm left with [emoji35][emoji23]

portycabbage
09-02-2016, 05:30 PM

In a row (or column?) of seats only one seat wide?! Seems unlikely, unless he was sitting in the aisle using a seat either side for love handle over-spill.

silverhibee
09-02-2016, 11:24 PM

Then to top it off his mate got lifted 

Good to hear, very lucky could have been so much worse.

The concern was that he had broke his neck and after a long delay he was finally attended by medics where he was rushed to hospital and had scans/Xray which showed no damage thankfully, a bit sore but okay now, he is a good lad. Lad. :greengrin

Hibby70
10-02-2016, 05:39 AM
Is it true that next years The Jump will feature a round where celebrities attend a tynecastle Derby and have to go for a piss at half time?

Nameless
10-02-2016, 05:42 AM
This has happened before, circa 05/06. A man took a header over the rail and onto the concrete, but I think he was sitting in one of the seats above the exit. I think the fact he was melted saved him from serious injury.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Canon Hannan
10-02-2016, 08:03 AM
Spoke to a medic who was at the game and she says its a dangerous and unsafe venue. People slipping everywhere.

erin go bragh
10-02-2016, 11:43 AM

The Gorgie stand has the same stupid one seat next to stairs . The 07 semi v Saints , I got my son and myself a couple of tickets ( which we assumed would be next to each other ) I gave him the gimp seat . Total joke of a stadium .

GGTTH

hibee-boys
10-02-2016, 11:47 AM
I might be being thick here but when they designed the stands I'm assuming there must've been a reason they didn't just extend the row by 1 and put the stairs against the side of the stand.

lyonhibs
10-02-2016, 12:16 PM
I might be being thick here but when they designed the stands I'm assuming there must've been a reason they didn't just extend the row by 1 and put the stairs against the side of the stand.

I suspect you're giving whichever Del Boy and Rodney cheapskate firm the Jambos hired to "do up" their *****hole of a stadium a bit too much credit there.

Moulin Yarns
10-02-2016, 12:19 PM

I think there is a limit of how many seats from a stairway are allowed for fire or other safety considerations.

Danderhall Hibs
10-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Is there not a row of single chairs in our away end as well?

Nakedmanoncrack
10-02-2016, 06:34 PM
The concern was that he had broke his neck and after a long delay he was finally attended by medics where he was rushed to hospital and had scans/Xray which showed no damage thankfully, a bit sore but okay now, he is a good lad. Lad. :greengrin

Good to hear, he's very lucky.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-02-2016, 09:51 PM
Is there not a row of single chairs in our away end as well?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160210/60283ecf51522e96dcc60196553d72f4.jpg

Nah. We have a long individual row at the front of our top tier so you would still be sitting next to all your mates. They weirdly have a row of single seats from the front row right to the back of the stand, meaning one poor sod sits on their own whilst all their mates sit on the other side of the stairway-in every row, at each side of the stand.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2016, 09:55 PM

Nah. We have a long individual row at the front of our top tier so you would still be sitting next to all your mates. They weirdly have a row of single seats from the front row right to the back of the stand, meaning one poor sod sits on their own whilst all their mates sit on the other side of the stairway-in every row, at each side of the stand.

That is odd, and I would imagine, unique. What could have made them think that's a good idea?

iwasthere1972
10-02-2016, 09:57 PM

Are they the naughty steps for the paedos?

Never noticed that before. Whoever approved the drawings should have been sacked.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-02-2016, 09:59 PM
That is odd, and I would imagine, unique. What could have made them think that's a good idea?

What makes a lot of the things they do seem like a good idea? They are certainly unique. Bad enough in the away end but it's the same in the Gorgie stand, imagine if that was your season ticket seat ffs!

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-02-2016, 09:59 PM

That's all the middle ones I think

iwasthere1972
10-02-2016, 10:02 PM
That's all the middle ones I think

:aok: Correct answer.

Eyrie
10-02-2016, 10:11 PM

Seems perfectly sensible to me. Who would want to sit next to a Hearts fan?

The_Horde
10-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Is there a chance the seats weren't there initially and were installed at a later date?

Hannah_hfc
10-02-2016, 11:25 PM
I noticed these single seats at the St Johnstone semi final game, is there not single seats on both sides of the stand? Surely they could have moved everything one place to the right and made it two seats together? Very odd seeing that arrangement in a stadium

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
10-02-2016, 11:31 PM
I noticed these single seats at the St Johnstone semi final game, is there not single seats on both sides of the stand? Surely they could have moved everything one place to the right and made it two seats together? Very odd seeing that arrangement in a stadium

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Noticed that from looking at photos of that scrapheap online. Certainly a strange one which wasn't thought out very well but then we are talking about Hearts. Having single seat rows makes it more uniform than none on one end and two on the other. It really is one of the filthiest stands I've sat in. Well stood in. You just don't know what you might pick up from those flea ridden excuse for seats. Yuck.

iwasthere1972
10-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Is there a chance the seats weren't there initially and were installed at a later date?

Maybe they used to have urinals there. It would explain the whiff.

Smartie
10-02-2016, 11:38 PM
The single seats cater for a niche type of jambo - one who has enough good taste to not want to sit next to any other jambo but lacking the self-awareness that they are themselves still 12-fingered, puddle-drinking, kiddy-fiddling, bacon-faced gonks.

snooky
11-02-2016, 12:12 AM
The single seats cater for a niche type of jambo - one who has enough good taste to not want to sit next to any other jambo but lacking the self-awareness that they are themselves still 12-fingered, puddle-drinking, kiddy-fiddling, bacon-faced gonks.

I think those seats are for people suffering from chronic garboitis.

Hibrandenburg
11-02-2016, 05:29 AM

Never noticed that before. Whoever approved the drawings should have been sacked.

Oddly enough they're the seats that get sold first.

overdrive
11-02-2016, 05:59 AM
There's a small column (2 rows) of single seats against the disabled platform in the Famous Five Upper. Presumably there's the same in the South.

silverhibee
11-02-2016, 10:57 AM
Good to hear, he's very lucky.

He knows that :aok:

GreenCastle
11-02-2016, 11:05 AM

Sitting in the wheat field for the Semi Final - I looked across and saw the single row of seats in the Gorgie End closest to the corner of the main stand.

Looked nearly like a restricted view down the touch line ?:confused:

It's an odd set up in a cheap stadium probably done to maximise ticket sales through the space available.

GreenLake
11-02-2016, 11:11 AM
Oddly enough they're the seats that get sold first.

They could be for Hearts fans who are demonstrably opposed to cheating.

robinp
11-02-2016, 11:23 AM

:top marks

aljo7-0
11-02-2016, 11:40 AM

Hmmm. Would they not always be empty then? :confused:

iwasthere1972
11-02-2016, 12:35 PM

Just been informed that the seats were a recent addition. Before that there were troughs.

CapitalGreen
11-02-2016, 12:39 PM
Sitting in the wheat field for the Semi Final - I looked across and saw the single row of seats in the Gorgie End closest to the corner of the main stand.

Looked nearly like a restricted view down the touch line ?:confused:

It's an odd set up in a cheap stadium probably done to maximise ticket sales through the space available.

They are sold as restricted view.