PDA

View Full Version : A man walks into a bar

Big90inOz
07-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Found a kind Irish bar in Singapore which would show the game , settled down for the 2 hr wait with the missus so ordered some fish and chips plus some beer. 30 mins before the game im approached by 3 young guys who have been looking for the game all day till they stumbled on the bar I'm in. Turns out one is a Jambo and 2 have neither allegiance. First goal goes in and the Jambo is jumping about screaming his head off, one of the guys with no allegiance all of a sudden is a Jambo and joins in shouting his head off. Second goal goes in and the two erupt with many glances in my direction . Second half apparently the game is over and should be stopped, no mention of the Hibs who were over them like a rash. First Hibs goal goes in and Jambo one glances over in my direction where he gets the world sign for your a*se is tweaking. Second goal hits the onion bag and I welcomed them to the reply at Easter Road.
They really are an obnoxious lot regardless where they are in the world

WestEndHibee
07-02-2016, 03:53 PM
Found a kind Irish bar in Singapore which would show the game , settled down for the 2 hr wait with the missus so ordered some fish and chips plus some beer. 30 mins before the game im approached by 3 young guys who have been looking for the game all day till they stumbled on the bar I'm in. Turns out one is a Jambo and 2 have neither allegiance. First goal goes in and the Jambo is jumping about screaming his head off, one of the guys with no allegiance all of a sudden is a Jambo and joins in shouting his head off. Second goal goes in and the two erupt with many glances in my direction . Second half apparently the game is over and should be stopped, no mention of the Hibs who were over them like a rash. First Hibs goal goes in and Jambo one glances over in my direction where he gets the world sign for your a*se is tweaking. Second goal hits the onion bag and I welcomed them to the reply at Easter Road.

Had a very similar experience in West End of Glasgow Craft Beer Bar mainly filled with families out for sunday lunch.

Was told to get the first goal "roond ye" from a delightful roaster who then went on to chat through the second half about who "the famous" might get in the next round. As Paul Hanlon equalised I just looked over with a wee smile. He was swearing and cursing as he left. So satisfying.

iwasthere1972
07-02-2016, 03:58 PM

I was crossing the road and a Jambo was coming towards me. Just gave him the '2-0 and you ****** it up look' while brushing my lambswool Hibs tartan scarf with my hand. Nuff said. Or not even said. Felt sorry for him. Must have been freezing in his 50/50 polyester/dog hair shell suit.

Alex Trager
07-02-2016, 04:03 PM
I applaud all you guys who keep your cool with them.
They are too cocky and up their horrible maroon holes for me to not go absolutely nuts when we equalise.

I know smiling maybe with your arms out gets a much bigger reaction but still

Mr White
07-02-2016, 04:07 PM
I'm on a WhatsApp chat with some jambos. Kept off it during the game as the messages piled up from them. Was pretty satisfying asking them if I'd missed anything at full time :greengrin

Hibeesforever
07-02-2016, 04:26 PM
I let a couple of Jambos walk on after exiting the old Tynecastle school car park before kick off. I then asked if they had paid for the parking....hilarious as I explained to them their bill was still with the council awaiting payment! Shower of tramps, the extrance steps to the away stand are literally rusting away! Let's take them in style during the replay at a proper modern stadium.
Job half done Stubbsy.

SmashinGlass
07-02-2016, 04:42 PM
I was crossing the road and a Jambo was coming towards me. Just gave him the '2-0 and you ****** it up look' while brushing my lambswool Hibs tartan scarf with my hand. Nuff said. Or not even said. Felt sorry for him. Must have been freezing in his 50/50 polyester/dog hair shell suit.

I was walking past a crowd of 3 of them with my wee boy and gave it the "2-0 and you ****ed it up" and continued walking. The three of them turned round, calling me a "psycho *****" and chased me looking for a fight. I just laughed at them. Heartily. Neanderthals.

Silky
07-02-2016, 07:00 PM
I was walking past a crowd of 3 of them with my wee boy and gave it the "2-0 and you ****ed it up" and continued walking. The three of them turned round, calling me a "psycho *****" and chased me looking for a fight. I just laughed at them. Heartily. Neanderthals.

Chased you? That would have been a sight with them trying to run after you, leg dragging along the pavement behind them as they stagger around trying not to fall into the path of an oncoming 35.

SmashinGlass
07-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Chased you? That would have been a sight with them trying to run after you, leg dragging along the pavement behind them as they stagger around trying not to fall into the path of an oncoming 35.

Aye. It was fairly funny to be honest.

Hibrandenburg
08-02-2016, 08:16 AM
When I was working as a paramedic in Berlin I was sat at traffic lights when a tourist wearing a Yam shirt crossed over the road in front of my ambulance. His face was priceless when I shouted over the loudspeaker "seven nil yah ****er". Still makes me chuckle 10 years later.

Just Alf
08-02-2016, 09:12 AM
When I was working as a paramedic in Berlin I was sat at traffic lights when a tourist wearing a Yam shirt crossed over the road in front of my ambulance. His face was priceless when I shouted over the loudspeaker "seven nil yah ****er". Still makes me chuckle 10 years later.

:top marks

Forza Fred
08-02-2016, 10:03 AM

Was the Irish pub just off Orchard Road near The infamous Orchard Towers?

Jones28
08-02-2016, 11:19 AM
I was watching at work at a Linlithgow pub and went mental when the second went in. Then to my delight about an hour after the end of the match low and behold a group of six jambos walk in.

"Alright boys! At the game?! How was it?! Must have been a boaker chucking 2 goals away to the wee team!" 👍🍻

mim
08-02-2016, 11:57 AM

Oh god, I wish I'd seen that :aok: :greengrin

Big90inOz
08-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Was the Irish pub just off Orchard Road near The infamous Orchard Towers?

No Fred, it was at Clarkes Quay on the corner over from Highlanders

Orchard Road tomorrow ..,...