PDA

View Full Version : Bottle

07-02-2016, 03:37 PM
How about that for bottle! Many a time in the past hibs teams would have totally crumbled.

Stubbs has installed a new mentality in this hibs team!

hfc rd
07-02-2016, 04:04 PM
Loved Stubbsy's interview at the end. Can't remember what the exact quote was but it put a big smile on my face!

speedy_gonzales
07-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Loved Stubbsy's interview at the end. Can't remember what the exact quote was but it put a big smile on my face!
I think he said something like that performance would ram it down the throat for any commentators that said Hibs were bottlers,,,,,or words to that effect!

PISTOL1875
07-02-2016, 05:59 PM
All very well singing from the rooftops over this and I do not mean to put a downer on things but for far too long we have bottled it against them because we have no bottle in derbies.. No matter how bad they are , they always seem to get a result by hook or by crook because they believe they are better than us.. That is the main thing that has to change..

hibbysam
07-02-2016, 06:05 PM
All very well singing from the rooftops over this and I do not mean to put a downer on things but for far too long we have bottled it against them because we have no bottle in derbies.. No matter how bad they are , they always seem to get a result by hook or by crook because they believe they are better than us.. That is the main thing that has to change..

Unbeaten in last 4, albeit three draws, however dominated the last 5, daft penalty miss in first last year, flook against us at Easter road, great strike in second game at tynie and then beat them in the return! Again today, 10 minute spell apart, we battered them. Let's not look prior to Stubbs arriving, he's the one that has instilled this mentality in us!

Pretty Boy
07-02-2016, 06:07 PM
In the past at 2 down at HT we would have crumbled and been lucky to avoid losing 3 or 4.

Today we took the game to them, albeit aided by their *****bag tactics, and once we got 1 you always felt we would get another chance. Today we took it. Unbeaten in 4 against them and I'll be disappointed if that's not 5 a week on Tuesday.

Onion
07-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Had my suspicions this Hibs team is made of sterner stuff. Today proved that beyond doubt. A 2-0 deficit at HT against the Lucky yams usually means game over, but someone forgot to tell Hibs.

Stokes, Henderson, Thompson, Cummings, McGinn, MacGregor all have a winning mentality that drags the others along. Very few Hibs teams in the last 7 years have had those types of players. These are changed days.

And Stubbs is the catalyst. We need to get Stubbs onto a 3 or 4 year deal now.

iwasthere1972
07-02-2016, 06:20 PM
To put it in simple terms.

I love you Hibees.