PDA

View Full Version : Fouls: Hearts 22-9 Hibs

Diclonius
07-02-2016, 02:35 PM
Aye, they're a footballing side.

The Harp Awakes
07-02-2016, 02:38 PM
Hertz were very lucky to finish the game with 11.

hfc rd
07-02-2016, 03:06 PM
The yams were out of jail that their beloved Thomson was in charge today. How they finished 11 men is crazy! Bunch of huddies!

AlbertK86
07-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Every time we dribbled past them they brought us down .... ROBUST .... My arse .... Cheating 100% .... Did everything they could to disrupt a FOOTBALL team

Karma in the end ... Absolutely terrific fight back and I thought the hibs end was going to disintegrate when the equaliser went in

ronaldo7
07-02-2016, 03:11 PM
We had more possession, more shots at goal, more shots on target, more corners, but they showed they're a bunch of cheating huddies in the foul count, and in wasting time.

sbell1875
07-02-2016, 03:30 PM
Robbie the caveman knows we are a better footballing team than they are so clearly he asked Uncle Potter in the boardroom for some tactical advice.

The one on Cummings was easily the worst challenge in the match. Could easily have broken his ankle.

givescotlandfreedom
07-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Heart of Midlothian are an insult to the game of football.

Pretty Boy
07-02-2016, 03:34 PM
A team built in the image of their, actual, manager.

Hammer throwers. Think they got a shock when our players stood up to everything they threw at us. McGinn and Bartley especially seemed to relish the battle.

AlbertK86
07-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Every time we dribbled past them they brought us down .... ROBUST .... My arse .... Cheating 100% .... Did everything they could to disrupt a FOOTBALL team

Karma in the end ... Absolutely terrific fight back and I thought the hibs end was going to disintegrate when the equaliser went in

Onion
07-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Bunch of hired thugs playing for a dysfunctional club with obsessed supporters. All healthy stuff :greengrin

Eyrie
07-02-2016, 06:53 PM
A team built in the image of their, actual, manager.

Hammer throwers. Think they got a shock when our players stood up to everything they threw at us. McGinn and Bartley especially seemed to relish the battle.
McGinn was battling, but Bartley looked like he was having a post-lunch stroll every time they tried to mix it with him. Just shrugged them aside as he took control of the ball. He may not be required against most of the teams in this league, but he'll be a key player for us next season.

Lee Marvin
07-02-2016, 06:56 PM
'Not one player would get in the hearts side' aaaaahahahaha

Aye, maybe because we have no thugs ya ****** clueless welts

StevieBoyKdy
07-02-2016, 07:03 PM
Bigger attendance last week than today by 100 odd. Ermm get it ****** up you!

SuperAllyMcleod
07-02-2016, 07:49 PM
I see Ozturk's booking has him suspended for the replay. Rules out the lucky 40 harder I suppose.

high bee
07-02-2016, 07:54 PM
They might as well bulldoze the PBS and move into Murrayfield, it's all that's left to transition them into a rugby team.

monktonharp
07-02-2016, 07:58 PM
I see Ozturk's booking has him suspended for the replay. Rules out the lucky 40 harder I suppose.I thought Ozturk got off lightly. he already had a booking for blootering a hibs man off the park, then 3 or 4 mins later he made a worse foul. he could have walked then. he was subbed about 5 mins into the second half but I think it was more to do with bookings, rather than injury. a sleekit move by a sleekit club

allmodcons
07-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Classic example of a side coming up against a decent Hibs side that looks to pass the ball and play the game on the ground.

If you can't beat them by playing to your own strengths, break up play by constantly fouling the opposition (i.e - 1 foul every 4 minutes).

I hate watching teams try to break up play by constantly fouling the opposition, but today we handled it brilliantly well by continuing to play in the same manner and eventually getting what we deserved out of the game. Sweet :greengrin

capitals_finest
07-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Classic example of a side coming up against a decent Hibs side that looks to pass the ball and play the game on the ground.

If you can't beat them by playing to your own strengths, break up play by constantly fouling the opposition (i.e - 1 foul every 4 minutes).

I hate watching teams try to break up play by constantly fouling the opposition, but today we handled it brilliantly well by continuing to play in the same manner and eventually getting what we deserved out of the game. Sweet :greengrin

Hearts are notorious for employing these tactics in games. Footballing teams deserve more protection.

The end result was a draw but football won today.

Captain Trips
07-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Robbie Neilson leaves his tactics board on show:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-foCBTMwPzP0/UZ5iJwEifcI/AAAAAAAAABw/YAUy8Kw-yfc/s1600/neandethal+fight.jpg

meister
07-02-2016, 11:02 PM
Footballing teams do get protection, hence the foul count between each side. There was not a red card tackle the whole match.

I thought we had the best of the last 20 mins of the first half and the goals were the only two moments of quality in the half.

Not chuffed with our second half at all, Hibs were better and deserved the draw. We will have to be better at ER and I think we will be.

S4uzee
07-02-2016, 11:10 PM
How Pallardo wasn't booked I'll never know. Constantly fouling

matty_f
07-02-2016, 11:18 PM
It's a feature of their play and they do it well, imho. Foul, foul, foul - break up the play and stop the other team getting any momentum. When they get the ball they get it forward very quickly, and as we saw today they have a couple of players capable of scoring from decent ranges.
They don't do too many absolute shocking challenges, but they do a lot of 'low level', niggly fouls.

Taking the free kicks quickly was a good way to counter that tactic, as we kept momentum and didn't give them the chance to re-organise the defence.

majorhibs
07-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Heart of Midlothian are an insult to the game of football.

It's a feature of their play and they do it well, imho. Foul, foul, foul - break up the play and stop the other team getting any momentum. When they get the ball they get it forward very quickly, and as we saw today they have a couple of players capable of scoring from decent ranges.
They don't do too many absolute shocking challenges, but they do a lot of 'low level', niggly fouls.

Taking the free kicks quickly was a good way to counter that tactic, as we kept momentum and didn't give them the chance to re-organise the defence.

Saying it all for me. Spoilers. Anti football Edinburgh style.

pedroorange1875
08-02-2016, 01:01 AM
Footballing teams do get protection, hence the foul count between each side. There was not a red card tackle the whole match.

I thought we had the best of the last 20 mins of the first half and the goals were the only two moments of quality in the half.

Not chuffed with our second half at all, Hibs were better and deserved the draw. We will have to be better at ER and I think we will be.

Utter complete nonsense, the tackle on John McGinn was a straight red and your joke of a footballer 17 could have seen red for the tackle on Cummings, just lucky Thomson was the ref. The rest of your comments are reasonable just dont talk nonsense about cards

Pete
08-02-2016, 06:46 AM

I thought the first half was fairly even with Hearts looking sharper and more energetic. It says a lot for ourselves that we limited you to two chances and we have to take our hats off for the clinical finishing.

I'm trying to figure out what happened in the second half but I very much doubt Neilsen instructed Hearts to sit in to the extent you did and totally invite us on to you. Hearts looked like they were starting to tire due to their first half efforts and I reckon it coincided with our improved efforts and Kevin Thomson growing into the game. Players are only human and even Barcelona have to be smart when playing a high tempo game as they know you can't keep that up for 90 minutes solid. Some of Kevin's passes into spaces and channels that simply weren't there in the first half were sublime.

Can't wait for round two as it's still in the balance.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
08-02-2016, 06:58 AM

I didnt see the game yesterday, but watching the highlights last night, it was noticeable that pretty much every highlight included a tactical foul from Hearts.

Interestingly though, the build up to our first goal had two such fouls, but two very quickly taken freekicks that caught a lot of their players the wrong side of the ball. I wonder if this was just because of the match situation at the time (being 2 down), or if its something that we have been working on as a way to counter it? It seemed quite effective, as the natural reaction of opposition players is to stop, and the fouling player always stands very close to the ball to stop the quick pass forward.

PS, also meant to say from watching the highlights, we caused a lot of problems to them from set-pieces, so i wonder if they might review how many fouls they give away around the box. A long time since we looked so threatening against them from set-pieces.

Hibrandenburg
08-02-2016, 07:30 AM
Think the fouls committed by them played a big part in their downfall. The were probably briefed at half time to lay off a bit in case someone got a red. It let us take control of the game after we started winning balls in midfield.

PPZPOL
08-02-2016, 07:48 AM
How Pallardo wasn't booked I'll never know. Constantly fouling

This was doing my head in, fouled all day long and stopped at least 1 free kick from being taken early, which is normally an automatic yellow in itself, and it was him who commited foul for said free kick!!! Add that to the other handful of niggling breaking up play fouls.

Bill Milne
08-02-2016, 07:51 AM
Only one team trying to play football at the PBS. They were timewasting from the start of the second half, with Paterson the main culprit, and got what they deserved, frankly!!

Geo_1875
08-02-2016, 10:38 AM
They played exactly how they've played every derby for the last 15 years. Keep fouling to break down Hibs attacks and waste time at every opportunity. I'd love to see how long the ball was actually in play yesterday. There was a game at PBS about 3-4 years ago where they reported it was under 60 minutes and a total of 7 minutes was added on by the referee.

Brightside
08-02-2016, 10:42 AM

McGhee tackle on McGinn is a straight red every day of the week. Player was very lucky not be out for the rest of the year. Studs up straight into the side of ankle. Everything else was just constant niggly tackles.

Argylehibby
08-02-2016, 10:59 AM

Have to disagree with that. The tackle by the no.17 (no idea who he is) was a straight red in anybodys language. said it at the time and having watched highlights last night can't believe he only got a yellow.

Boyle89
08-02-2016, 03:39 PM
The tackle on mcginn was an absolute shocker should've been a red. The one on Cummings by their World Cup superstar was also a disgrace.
Now compare those to the one handling was sent off for last season against rangers.

majorhibs
08-02-2016, 11:13 PM
Aye, they're a footballing side.

Levein. Leveins scruffy lapdog. Its a pity that Edinburgh has ended up with one of fifes worst mongrels. 4-6-0. Tell ye what after that how anyone can show their face again? As I said, & fife has a few mongrels kicking around, but we in Edinburgh have ended up with if not top mongrel, well its in the top 3.

basehibby
09-02-2016, 04:55 PM

100% agree - and they have played like this as long as I can remember - dirty basturds and always will be

RyeSloan
09-02-2016, 05:21 PM
I didnt see the game yesterday, but watching the highlights last night, it was noticeable that pretty much every highlight included a tactical foul from Hearts. Interestingly though, the build up to our first goal had two such fouls, but two very quickly taken freekicks that caught a lot of their players the wrong side of the ball. I wonder if this was just because of the match situation at the time (being 2 down), or if its something that we have been working on as a way to counter it? It seemed quite effective, as the natural reaction of opposition players is to stop, and the fouling player always stands very close to the ball to stop the quick pass forward. PS, also meant to say from watching the highlights, we caused a lot of problems to them from set-pieces, so i wonder if they might review how many fouls they give away around the box. A long time since we looked so threatening against them from set-pieces.

The quick free kick thing was a tactic in my opinion...we were doing it first half as well and I'm pretty sure the team had been told to get play restarted as quickly as possible.

It's these small things that I really like about Stubbs...him and his team clearly think about multiple angles on how to win matches and counter the opposition.

Keith_M
09-02-2016, 05:46 PM
What is more significant than the number of fouls is the ratio of fouls to cards

Hibs: 9 fouls 4 cards - 2.25 fouls per card.

Hearts: 22 fouls 5 cards - 4.4 fouls per card.

GreenLake
09-02-2016, 09:49 PM
The foul count would have been higher if Prince Bawbag hadnae been subbed.

givescotlandfreedom
09-02-2016, 10:05 PM
What is more significant than the number of fouls is the ratio of fouls to cards

Hibs: 9 fouls 4 cards - 2.25 fouls per card.

Hearts: 22 fouls 5 cards - 4.4 fouls per card.

It's laughable only one Merrick got booked for the stramash and Hanlon got the same punishment as the Gorgie groper.

Spudster
09-02-2016, 10:32 PM
I said on the game thread on Sunday the last two Hearts games I've watched in full they've given away 47 fouls.
Aberdeen 1-0 Hearts 25 fouls and only 4 bookings. They fouled every single time Aberdeen broke down the wing. The ref should've dished out alot more booking and it destroyed any chance of seeing a resemblance of football.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35014064
Sunday - 22 fouls, 5 bookings. Again they should have had more but the referee was an improvement. I had a bad feeling going into Sunday that one of our players might react if they played in the same manner as Pittodrie. Other than Cummings and Stevenson moaning at officials (both lucky not to get booked) I think we held it together pretty well in the circumstances.

47 fouls in 180 minutes of football is disgusting though. Looks like Nicholson is the only player interested in playing football for them (he was booked in both these games however!)

hibsbollah
10-02-2016, 07:10 AM
I didnt see the game yesterday, but watching the highlights last night, it was noticeable that pretty much every highlight included a tactical foul from Hearts.

Interestingly though, the build up to our first goal had two such fouls, but two very quickly taken freekicks that caught a lot of their players the wrong side of the ball. I wonder if this was just because of the match situation at the time (being 2 down), or if its something that we have been working on as a way to counter it? It seemed quite effective, as the natural reaction of opposition players is to stop, and the fouling player always stands very close to the ball to stop the quick pass forward.

PS, also meant to say from watching the highlights, we caused a lot of problems to them from set-pieces, so i wonder if they might review how many fouls they give away around the box. A long time since we looked so threatening against them from set-pieces.

:agree:
And although Thomson is undoubtedly a shocking ref, I've noticed he does like to allow quickly taken free kicks, where other refs are like 'foul. Whistle. Chat with the victim. Chat with the culprit. Point a bit. Look around for 20 seconds. Check the location of all 20 outfield players. Blow whistle again'. All of which, like Sam Nicholson, plays right into Neilsons hands.