PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Tactics and The Ref

Torto7062
07-02-2016, 02:30 PM
Can someone explain how THEY kept 11 in the park..umpteen bad/mistimed challenges by many of the maroon tramps already on yellows...

#shakinmaheed

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
07-02-2016, 02:31 PM
I'll be honest and can't believe I'm saying this.. The cheat had a good game today imo.

007 Mickey Weir
07-02-2016, 02:32 PM
Ref was good.

lyonhibs
07-02-2016, 02:34 PM
I'll be honest and can't believe I'm saying this.. The cheat had a good game today imo.

Yup. We need to ditch the paranoia. CT had a good game today.

Zazu62
07-02-2016, 02:35 PM
Ref was fine for me. They are a dirty mob that's for sure

Peevemor
07-02-2016, 02:35 PM

Ref was good.

He had a very good match IMO, although he could have done more after the handbags episode where they lost the plot but our players kept the head admirably - Stubbs seems to have them well drilled in this respect.

Thecat23
07-02-2016, 02:37 PM
He had a very good match IMO, although he could have done more after the handbags episode where they lost the plot but our players kept the head admirably - Stubbs seems to have them well drilled in this respect.

Yeah that could have went a bit mad but we kept the head. Well done to the boys for doing that!

Booked4Being-Ugly
07-02-2016, 02:38 PM
He had a very good match IMO, although he could have done more after the handbags episode where they lost the plot but our players kept the head admirably - Stubbs seems to have them well drilled in this respect.He does, the discipline has been excellent under Stubbs.

Scottie
07-02-2016, 02:38 PM
Nae chance his performance again today was incompetent again to say the least.
If you think he had a good game today its his first time in his reffing career. He's still a Hearts can't.

green day
07-02-2016, 02:41 PM
If you think he had a good game today its his first time in his reffing career. He's still a Hearts can't.

He was even handed - card happy, but even handed.

We really can't moan about CT today.

Sure he will turn it on for them next time though !

Liam89
07-02-2016, 02:43 PM
The game changed when they had a few players on a yellow and had a few near yellows for persistent fouling. They had to change their game plan at that point.

JJP
07-02-2016, 02:44 PM
Ref had a good game today. Credit where credit is due.

CraigHibee
07-02-2016, 02:48 PM
The only thing I can personally fault Thomson for was not booking enough of that lot but, he had a decent game imo :aok:

Andy74
07-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Ref had a good game today. Credit where credit is due.

Not sure why the Spanish guy that started the fight from nothing got away with it but other than that thought he did alright.

Spike Mandela
07-02-2016, 02:52 PM
Hearts had a few players that could easily have been sent off but never. One particularly bad challenge on Cummings got a yellow but was a potential ankle breaker. Thomson is lenient and 'fair minded' when it suits'

If the replay is 22 fouls Hibs to Hearts 9 rest assured Hibs won't finish with 11.

Don't trust Thomson's integrity and would prefer he was nowhere near this fixture.

Time For Heroes
07-02-2016, 02:53 PM
Cant believe im typing this but the ref actual had a good game...
still a fud though

O'Rourke3
07-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Not sure why the Spanish guy that started the fight from nothing got away with it but other than that thought he did alright.
This could be the retrospective red. McGinn was felled in that huddle and at least one of them then stood on him.

Scott Allan Key
07-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Augustyn perhaps should have had straight red in the melee but overall, not before that game in the past but since, I think Thompson has been okay in our recent games, probably because he has had a word spoken to him about his past performances.

dp00
07-02-2016, 03:02 PM
Watching at home CT had a good game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

norhfc
07-02-2016, 03:03 PM
Ref was ok today. Every time we had the ball and a break was on...bang, brought down with any means possible. Looked like they where taking it in turns with the bookings. Have to say they do work hard when they don't have the ball, we need to match that. Very pleased today tho, great character in this team.

emerald green
07-02-2016, 03:03 PM
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Thomson's past record when in charge of Hibs matches is awful, and speaks for itself. It's got nothing to do with being paranoid as far as I'm concerned. I just don't like him as a referee.

I will never forget the way he screwed Hibs over in that cup final in particular. He should have red carded Black early doors. It was as clear as day that it was serious and dangerous foul play. If he had, who knows how that final would have ended, as poor as Hibs were that day? To make matters worse he later awards them a penalty kick (and sends the Hibs player off) for a foul commited outside the box. Job done.

hibee-boys
07-02-2016, 03:05 PM
Jambo on Facebook claiming Thompson is a hibby and that he denied them a stonewall penalty?? Hilarious!😁

dalkeith stu
07-02-2016, 03:16 PM
McGee should've seen red for that ankle breaker in the first half. Wow we get some free kicks. It's the big decisions he gets wrong!!!

Baader
07-02-2016, 03:19 PM
Cheat Thomson was never going to send one of them off against us and they knew it.

California-Hibs
07-02-2016, 03:22 PM
I was almost gonna give him his own thread today. It has to be said, he had a great game today.

Lago
07-02-2016, 03:24 PM
Nonsense.

Danderhall Hibs
07-02-2016, 03:25 PM
They're very clever in the way they foul. Rarely in a dangerous position and they take turns so there's no persistent fouler.

Breaks up play and slows the momentum effectively.

hfc rd
07-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Cheat Thomson was never going to send one of them off against us and they knew it.

Exactly. Never in a million years a yam will be sent off in a derby with that fud Thomson in charge. He did have a good game today but still a massive welt!

Weststandwanab
07-02-2016, 03:46 PM
In my opinion Thomson had a good day. The ref that is.

KeithTheHibby
07-02-2016, 03:46 PM
Thomson reffed well today. Got the big decisions right and hard to argue with any of the yellow cards.
They are a dirty mob all the same.

givescotlandfreedom
07-02-2016, 03:55 PM
The amount of time wasting he let them away with was pathetic.

Deansy
07-02-2016, 04:03 PM
As 'GloryGlory' pointed out on the match-thread -

Hibs 9 fouls = 4 bookings.

Yams 22 fouls = 5 bookings.

He might've had a 'better game' than what we've become accustomed to from him in games against them, but these stats prove Craig Thomson's hatred of us is still evident - they commited almost 3 times more the number of fouls than we did but collected only ONE more booking ??

CentreLine
07-02-2016, 04:05 PM
The only thing I can personally fault Thomson for was not booking enough of that lot but, he had a decent game imo :aok:

Do you think Cummings was off for the disallowed goal? I know that's the assistant's fault but still went badly against us. Looked level to me and level is on side.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-02-2016, 04:06 PM
Said on another thread that I would take any result today as long as the headlines tomorrow were not about the referee. He was ok.

brog
07-02-2016, 04:07 PM
22 fouls to 9 but only 5 yellows to 4 seems a bit unbalanced. Anyway, congrats to the Yams, the only 2 stats you won today!

Weststandwanab
07-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Do you think Cummings was off for the disallowed goal? I know that's the assistant's fault but still went badly against us. Looked level to me and level is on side.
No

Stevie Reid
07-02-2016, 04:08 PM
Thomson was fine today. Does he get the replay as well?

hfc rd
07-02-2016, 04:12 PM

Doubt it but won't be suprised if he is

brog
07-02-2016, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=Stevie Reid;4576649]Thomson was fine today. Does he get the replay as well?[/QUOT

That always used to be the case but IIRC it changed some time back.

Alfred E Newman
07-02-2016, 04:23 PM
For what it's worth I thought he handled the game well today. Credit where it's due but he is still an arse.

BoltonHibernian
07-02-2016, 04:24 PM
He done ok. Bottled it though with the scrap incident. They should have had a man off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
07-02-2016, 04:35 PM

Think it's usually the same ref for the replay.

Onion
07-02-2016, 04:53 PM
Someone please tell me HE doesn't get the replay too ?

Northernhibee
07-02-2016, 04:55 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/158003-craig-thomson/

"Hibs 12th man". :na na:

matty_f
07-02-2016, 04:58 PM
I thought the ref managed the game relatively well.

gazzag70
07-02-2016, 05:00 PM

It was without doubt the best refereeing performance from THAT man in a Derby.NOT before time!

Leith Mo
07-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Sorry but from where I saw it never a free kick to them for the 1st goal despite a good finish by the gimp. Then in 2nd half free kicks for us on edge of their box he twice took 8 (not 10) and very shortened paces. The man's a cheat and he had the asbestos stand linesman well primed to take away some of the focus from him. Their no.22 assaults McGinn then shortly after takes Bartley out the game no intention of playing the ball. With most other refs I'd say "bottled it" but not with him. CT is a cheat when it comes to Hibs. Dare I say: "FACT"

Sammy7nil
07-02-2016, 06:44 PM

At 2-1 only four mins injury time was my only complaint

Eyrie
07-02-2016, 06:44 PM
By Thomson's standards the cheat had a reasonable game (I feel dirty for admitting that) and my only criticism would be Hanlon being booked for celebrating in front of our fans.

Very tight call, so as a Hibs player he was obviously onside but if it had been at the other end then it would have been clearly offside.

gazzag70
07-02-2016, 06:59 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/158003-craig-thomson/

"Hibs 12th man". :na na:
Regret clicking that link!!........They really have a nerve slating Thomson...The most Yam friendly ref in history..... Absolute bellends!!!

Aldo
07-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Having not watched the game but view brokeback via the link can anyone that did so answer the following for me please.

Did McGregor commit a foul worthy of a Straight red?

Did McGinn and Henderson kick them off the park and get away with murder the whole game??

Are they totally bitter, twisted a full of seethe after they threw away a 2 goal lead against the 'wee team'?

It's funny how a game turns out cos with 10 mins to go there were all at the vinegar stroke yet they seem to be looking for every excuse as to why they flopped.

It's simple you were found out and if we had equalised earlier we would of nailed it.

O'Rourke3
07-02-2016, 07:18 PM
Having not watched the game but view brokeback via the link can anyone that did so answer the following for me please.

Did McGregor commit a foul worthy of a Straight red?

Did McGinn and Henderson kick them off the park and get away with murder the whole game??

Are they totally bitter, twisted a full of seethe after they threw away a 2 goal lead against the 'wee team'?

It's funny how a game turns out cos with 10 mins to go there were all at the vinegar stroke yet they seem to be looking for every excuse as to why they flopped.

It's simple you were found out and if we had equalised earlier we would of nailed it.
McG -I'd have to see it slowed down but couldn't see what the fuss was about with his tackle at the game. Not convinced he caught the player.
John and Hendo? Eh???????

Aldo
07-02-2016, 07:25 PM
McG -I'd have to see it slowed down but couldn't see what the fuss was about with his tackle at the game. Not convinced he caught the player. John and Hendo? Eh???????

Cheers.

Took it from Brokeback and TBH the highlights didn't show it?