PDA

View Full Version : Hibees support

iwasthere1972
07-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Magnificent. Anybody who says that Tynecastle is intimidating can only be a Jambo. Apart from the odd predictable song and chant we kept them pretty quiet.

They were pretty quiet when 2-0 up but when our first and second goal hit the back of their net you just couldn't hear them.

We've got McGinn. :thumbsup:

Its good to be a Hibby.

That's it. I'm off for a drink.

essexhibee
07-02-2016, 03:14 PM
Sounded great on the TV. Even at 2-0 down our boys were still vocal.

Massively envious of not being involved in that crowd celebration at the end!! Once i had replayed the goal that was missed the celebrations for running around the house :greengrin

Pretty Boy
07-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Was absolutely superb.

Even at 2 down there was no one, certainly around me, getting on the players back and we were still outsinging them. When we got 1 I just sensed it was inevitable we woudl get 2.

Utter mayhem when the equaliser hit the net. I fell about 4 rows, hugged about 25 strangers and had a young lad clamped onto my leg almost in tears he was so happy.

emerald green
07-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Magnificent. Anybody who says that Tynecastle is intimidating can only be a Jambo. Apart from the odd predicted song and chant we kept them pretty quiet.

They were pretty quiet when 2-0 up but when our first and second goal hit the back of their net you just couldn't hear them.

The bit in bold - I agree. I'm not sure where this "intimidating" Yak myth came from TBH.

Is it supposed to be "intimidating" because the spectators are practically on the pitch? Which is a nonsense really. This is 2016, not 1916.

The Harp Awakes
07-02-2016, 03:35 PM
Was absolutely superb.

Even at 2 down there was no one, certainly around me, getting on the players back and we were still outsinging them. When we got 1 I just sensed it was inevitable we woudl get 2.

Utter mayhem when the equaliser hit the net. I fell about 4 rows, hugged about 25 strangers and had a young lad clamped onto my leg almost in tears he was so happy.

Yep, the place went nuts when the 2nd went in. Very enjoyable.

Andy74
07-02-2016, 03:36 PM
The McGinn song still doesn't rhyme properly but never mind.

danhibees1875
07-02-2016, 03:38 PM
No wonder they were quiet. They're a team completely obsessed with thinking they're the big team, 2-0 up at home in what had been an even game and they were just parking the bus and trying to kick us off the park. They're pathetic and very lucky to escape with a replay.

Scott Allan Key
07-02-2016, 03:43 PM
If and when we win the replay that must go down as one of our great Derby performances (albeit getting the least we were due) from dire straits. Congratulations to supporters who made game, the singing and backing was loud and clear throughout on the telly as opposed to their scattered chants (they know they're playing a football team).

It's great to be a Hibby and I was confident we were going to comeback if we took one of our numerous chances.

'mon the beers
07-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Apart from the big team wee team chant they were fairly quiet! The scenes at the second goal were just magic.

Support was unreal today, can't wait for the replay

Alex Trager
07-02-2016, 03:48 PM
Waw.

iwasthere1972
07-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Was absolutely superb.

A couple of years ago at 2-0 down with only about ten minutes to go most Hibs fans would have already been in or passing the Roseburn pub. Even at 2-0 I had this belief that we could comeback and get at least a draw.

Proud.

Northernhibee
07-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Brilliant.

Hibee_Craig7062
07-02-2016, 04:01 PM
Proud to be part of that support today. What a celebration at the end.

Hope the guy who fell over the banister just before half time coming down the stairs near section H is OK. Looked a sore one

Bostonhibby
07-02-2016, 04:03 PM
Watching on telly it really was a case of silence of the yams. Strange support.

NAE NOOKIE
07-02-2016, 04:06 PM
It was great to hear the fans still backing the players at 2 - 0 down, outsang the mutants for the whole game, clear for all to hear on the telly .... well done folks http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

1van Sprou7e
07-02-2016, 04:08 PM
The McGinn song still doesn't rhyme properly but never mind.

You do realise rhymes don't have to be 100% perfect

cabbageandribs1875
07-02-2016, 04:08 PM
well i heard the home fans singing...twice

07-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Watching on telly it really was a case of silence of the yams. Strange support.

Horrible supporters, glad we shut the *******s up.

Did anyone else see the hearts fans in the wheatfield throwing about a hibs scarf and jumping over the fence to spit on it after they tried to throw it on the pitch.

Andy74
07-02-2016, 04:13 PM
You do realise rhymes don't have to be 100% perfect

True but they should try and have the same rhythm as the originals. The wrong lines are rhyming.

Joe6-2
07-02-2016, 04:22 PM

Did anyone else see the hearts fans in the wheatfield throwing about a hibs scarf and jumping over the fence to spit on it after they tried to throw it on the pitch.

Yam class!

givescotlandfreedom
07-02-2016, 04:25 PM

One of the front row freaks spat on it and it ended up getting chucked about their support again after.

hfc rd
07-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Different class!

16K boring b******* they certainly are those gorgie yam paedophiles

GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Was absolutely superb.

Are you sure you weren't in the Wheatfield?