PDA

View Full Version : Winning tomorrow or in the League Cup final?

Malongoals
06-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Take your pick

Joe6-2
06-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Can I have both😉

Nutmegged
06-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Dont see why it has to be one or the other but a Cup Final will always always supercede a Hearts game

Spike Mandela
06-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Good teams don't contemplate defeat.

Malongoals
06-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Nothing to say we couldn't win both at all. Interested to see how we view a derby in the Scottish Cup compared to a League Cup (Rather win the League Cup too)

lyonhibs
06-02-2016, 02:08 PM
We can easily win both, but in this hypothetical choice situation, league cup final

Onceinawhile
06-02-2016, 02:09 PM
Cup final.

But we'll win both.

cabbageandribs1875
06-02-2016, 02:18 PM
cup final muchos grassyass

although a cup double would be quite nice :)

Nameless
06-02-2016, 02:20 PM
Cup final, by a mile.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

I'm_cabbaged
06-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Forget about the league cup just now, the next match is always the most important. Bring it on!!!!!

erskine-hibby
06-02-2016, 02:28 PM
Beating THEM every time.

Waxy
06-02-2016, 02:30 PM
Cup final but probably will do both.

GreenArmyyy!
06-02-2016, 02:30 PM
Always a trophy over rivalry but believe me when I say we are winning both.

iwasthere1972
06-02-2016, 02:32 PM
Win League Cup. Draw tomorrow and win replay at fortress Easter Road.

Simple answer and the correct one.

Ronster117
06-02-2016, 02:34 PM
Win both......:flag:

MWHIBBIES
06-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Can't believe anyone cares more about them than Hibs winning the league cup, a major trophy. 2007 was better than any derby win I've experienced, not even close.

lord bunberry
06-02-2016, 02:56 PM
I hate these threads. We don't have to choose so why should we.

Onion
06-02-2016, 02:58 PM
No brainer, they are not as important as they like to think they are. Utterly obsessed with us. League Cup Winners 2016 thank you :aok:

Malongoals
06-02-2016, 02:58 PM
I hate these threads. We don't have to choose so why should we.

Because I thought it was interesting to see if any one of us buys into that 'big cup, wee cup' rubbish that Hearts fans bang on about

lord bunberry
06-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Because I thought it was interesting to see if any one of us buys into that 'big cup, wee cup' rubbish that Hearts fans bang on about
No one would ever want us lose a derby, it doesn't matter what competition it is in.

Thecat23
06-02-2016, 03:00 PM
The end of the day this is Hearts biggest game of the season. We have far more important games and the cup is a bonus. Pressure all on Hearts tomorrow and I'm happy with that.

HibsNutter
06-02-2016, 03:02 PM
I'd take winning a cup over progressing in a cup which could see us drawn to play Celtic at Parkhead in the next round.

Of course this question is hypothetical, and really doesn't need to be taken so seriously. Just a bit of fun eh.

Malongoals
06-02-2016, 03:04 PM
No one would ever want us lose a derby, it doesn't matter what competition it is in.

I'm not asking 'do you want to lose a derby?', I'm saying which would you prefer to win - tomorrow's game or the League Cup final?

Hibernia&Alba
06-02-2016, 03:13 PM
The final every time. Winning a final from the Championship would be a superb achievement.

Keith_M
06-02-2016, 03:25 PM
I wish people would stop posting Polls like this cos it's perfectly OK to be greedy and want to win everything.

I want Hibs to win the Treble and I don't care who knows it

:na na:

Pete
06-02-2016, 03:26 PM

I don't think you need to put up a thread like this to get the answer to that. Using common sense would be enough.

BroxburnHibee
06-02-2016, 04:07 PM
As others have said I'm only interested in winning both.

bigwheel
06-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Id rather win next week than tomorrow - it's a bonus. Nothing more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Trager
06-02-2016, 04:11 PM
Can't believe anyone cares more about them than Hibs winning the league cup, a major trophy. 2007 was better than any derby win I've experienced, not even close.

This.

By a mile.

How anyone can say they'd rather beat hearts than win a cup?

In saying that. I also agree with the fact that the next game is the most important.

Put all other competitions out our minds.

LaMotta
06-02-2016, 05:13 PM
I wish people would stop posting Polls like this cos it's perfectly OK to be greedy and want to win everything.

I want Hibs to win the Treble and I don't care who knows it

:na na:

Exactly! The most pointless threads ever these!

Hibernia&Alba
06-02-2016, 05:18 PM

It can establish a sense of fan priorities. In a perfect world you'd want to win everything, but which matters more?

Malongoals
06-02-2016, 05:19 PM

Almost regret posting it, people are annoyed about a hypothetical situation. Of course no one wants us to lose any game, what I'm asking is if you could only win one, what would you pick?

For me, it's an interesting question, because I'm sure if Hearts were in the League Cup final and you ran this same poll on Kickback we'd be seeing different results

LaMotta
06-02-2016, 05:21 PM
It can establish a sense of fan priorities. In a perfect world you'd want to win everything, but which matters more?

I want to win them both equally!

Hibernia&Alba
06-02-2016, 05:21 PM
Almost regret posting it, people are annoyed about a hypothetical situation. Of course no one wants us to lose any game, what I'm asking is if you could only win one, what would you pick?

For me, it's an interesting question, because I'm sure if Hearts were in the League Cup final and you ran this same poll on Kickback we'd be seeing different results

It's a fair enough question, IMO. Not everybody has the same priorities concerning competitions.

Hibernia&Alba
06-02-2016, 05:24 PM
I want to win them both equally!

That ain't in the poll, though :na na:

LaMotta
06-02-2016, 05:27 PM
That ain't in the poll, though :na na:

Haha! But thats my answer so it should be!

HiBremian
06-02-2016, 05:29 PM
Fair question sure enough, but personally I don't give a toss. What I really wish for is Der Hun to lose just one game before we play them at the Leith San Siro, so when we pump them we go top and never look back. Cups in 2015/16 are a bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
06-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Haha! But thats my answer so it should be!

Huge game tomorrow, but losing the final would be a bigger blow to me. That said, promotion trumps both, IMO, and I'd swap both for going up.

matty_f
06-02-2016, 05:40 PM
Cup final. Easy.

The_Horde
06-02-2016, 05:45 PM
Tomorrow

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-02-2016, 05:52 PM
The final guarantees a trophy. Tomorrow guarantees nothing.

Scooter
06-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Neither if it means we get promoted

Andy74
06-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Really, in the scheme of things tomorrow is about our least important until the end of the season. It's now probably their most important.

chasitup
06-02-2016, 05:56 PM
I can't remember being less fussed about a game against hearts before, that's not to say I don't want us to hammer them, but we've got other priorities.

Onion
06-02-2016, 06:05 PM
I can't remember being less fussed about a game against hearts before, that's not to say I don't want us to hammer them, but we've got other priorities.

:agree: If we can get through the game without any major injuries it will be a victory.

lord bunberry
06-02-2016, 06:08 PM

I'm not annoyed you posted it, I'm just giving my usual uniformed opinion on your thread. :greengrin That's what these boards are all about.

stoneyburn hibs
06-02-2016, 06:12 PM
Cup final for me, however we can have both.
Let's do them tomorrow. FTH, GGTTH.

DH1875
06-02-2016, 06:16 PM
Promotion

Eyrie
06-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Trophies are permanent whereas winning a fifth round cup game only gets you a quarter final.

chasitup
06-02-2016, 06:23 PM
:agree: If we can get through the game without any major injuries it will be a victory.
That's a big if. Coming through with no injuries or silly suspensions will be key for sure.

jacomo
06-02-2016, 06:38 PM
Really, in the scheme of things tomorrow is about our least important until the end of the season. It's now probably their most important.

:agree:

majorhibs
06-02-2016, 07:09 PM
Never been in this daft mindset, guess its just people at work wi too much time on their hands & not enough brains to eke out the time, not going to read what is a regurgitation of a topic that is pretty redundant in my world, I know, having followed Hibs for more than 40 years, that the law of averages says Hibs are NOT winning every competition they are in, but, in my place, that doesnt stop me hoping that Hibs are winning everything, cups leagues the whole shooting match. Therefore wi the mince & damp squibs experienced fi years past, the last thing I want to be daeing is giving a lot of time & thought as to how my team could actually LOSE anything. I mean, just look at Leicester the now. How many of their lads you think are focusing on how they could manage to LOSE something?

Super_JMcGinn
06-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Take your pick
Hardly a choice given we win nothing by beating them tomorrow.

Aldo
06-02-2016, 08:51 PM
Both

jonty
06-02-2016, 08:55 PM
Fair question sure enough, but personally I don't give a toss. What I really wish for is Der Hun to lose just one game before we play them at the Leith San Siro, so when we pump them we go top and never look back. Cups in 2015/16 are a bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neither if it means we get promoted

Promotion

:agree: one game at a time, but come the end of the season, even if we've won the Scottish, if we haven't been promoted I'll still be disappointed.

southern hibby
06-02-2016, 09:43 PM
Every game is a win for me HOWEVER if we beat them to go on to win Scottish Cup now that's a different question completely

GGTTH

RoYO!
06-02-2016, 09:47 PM
We are the 10.13%!!:wink:

Malongoals
06-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Never been in this daft mindset, guess its just people at work wi too much time on their hands & not enough brains to eke out the time, not going to read what is a regurgitation of a topic that is pretty redundant in my world, I know, having followed Hibs for more than 40 years, that the law of averages says Hibs are NOT winning every competition they are in, but, in my place, that doesnt stop me hoping that Hibs are winning everything, cups leagues the whole shooting match. Therefore wi the mince & damp squibs experienced fi years past, the last thing I want to be daeing is giving a lot of time & thought as to how my team could actually LOSE anything. I mean, just look at Leicester the now. How many of their lads you think are focusing on how they could manage to LOSE something?

Might shock you but this has no impact whatsoever on the result tomorrow or the 13th of March

Nando™
06-02-2016, 10:25 PM
Another example of people not understanding what a hypothetical question is, ie "I want to win both". Do you? Well, colour me ****ing shocked. Of course you do. These are the single most pointless replies in these threads.

And then you have the folk complaining about being asked a hypothetical question. Don't answer it and **** off then? You can actually observe how uncomfortable it is for some people to contemplate Hibs losing games like either of the two mentioned. Emotionally fragile beings, over compensating by claiming it's stupid.

The_Horde
06-02-2016, 10:38 PM
Another example of people not understanding what a hypothetical question is, ie "I want to win both". Do you? Well, colour me ****ing shocked. Of course you do. These are the single most pointless replies in these threads.

And then you have the folk complaining about being asked a hypothetical question. Don't answer it and **** off then? You can actually observe how uncomfortable it is for some people to contemplate Hibs losing games like either of the two mentioned. Emotionally fragile beings, over compensating by claiming it's stupid.

And breathe.

LaMotta
06-02-2016, 10:38 PM

What a pointless post!

Nando™
06-02-2016, 10:41 PM
What a pointless post!

You'd know.

majorhibs
07-02-2016, 02:04 AM

What utter b€#€#¥#s, hypothetically you & your loser mentality can take a hike on the day of a derby. Not being as emotionally strong as you in your hypothetical superior intellectual world, I still want my team to be winning when they play, every time, however limited & stupid that makes me. Thank F I dont have to attend games with such a seasoned, broad minded loser such as yourself, wallowing in my uncomfortable uncontemplative world in which I hope Hibs actually go on & win the games in which we play.

TObeachesHibby
07-02-2016, 02:20 AM
Hey ....having the chance to win Cups is not to be sniffed at! :agree:
will be in Cuba drinking a serious amount of rum when its the final.........:greengrin
We should be well Happy. :wink:
Enjoy the rest of the season...:aok:

IanM
07-02-2016, 05:45 AM
That day beating hearts becomes more important than winning a cup is the day we turn into them

mjhibby
07-02-2016, 08:01 AM
[QUOTE=jonty;4574913]:agree: one game at a time, but come the end of the season, even if we've won the Scottish, if we haven't been promoted I'll still be disappointed.[/QUOTEp

It's always very disappointing to lose to them whatever the comp it's in. But for this season its promotion,the league cup then hertz in order of importance. If we were to lose then win the league cup and get promotion I won't cry myself to sleep. Be a lot more confident if that utter plumb wasn't reffing. Do the sfa see this as some sort of black humour. What's the bets we are all talking about the ref and not the game when it's over.

rcarter1
07-02-2016, 08:27 AM
[QUOTE=jonty;4574913]:agree: one game at a time, but come the end of the season, even if we've won the Scottish, if we haven't been promoted I'll still be disappointed.[/QUOTEp

It's always very disappointing to lose to them whatever the comp it's in. But for this season its promotion,the league cup then hertz in order of importance. If we were to lose then win the league cup and get promotion I won't cry myself to sleep. Be a lot more confident if that utter plumb wasn't reffing. Do the sfa see this as some sort of black humour. What's the bets we are all talking about the ref and not the game when it's over.

Agree. Things for this match are not exactly in our favour. Away from home against difficult opposition, and a referee that may well make some 'important' decisions. Wind and rainy conditions may help them more than us (keepers?)? A League cup win is to be grabbed with both hands, and would be a fantastic achievement. And promotion is way more important than this game.

Would I take a 3-0 beating today in exchange for guaranteed promotion? Probably yes. :duck:

But I reckon if we approach the match properly we can give them a good game. If we stay mentally strong - even after an early goal for them - we have a chance to get a result. I think the problem with other teams this season is they don't respond well to conceding early at Tynecastle. Aberdeen were a total mess for the whole first half in the SC match.

Albanian Hibs
07-02-2016, 08:29 AM
Final by miles. Today will just be an addedbonus when we win.

CmoantheHibs
07-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Definitely winning the cup for me. Dont even see it as a tough call but we all have our own opinions.

Franck Stanton
07-02-2016, 09:40 AM
Hibs V Alloa in the league this season is a bigger game than playing against them in a cup. Stuff them, inbred mutants.

Smartie
07-02-2016, 09:48 AM
That day beating hearts becomes more important than winning a cup is the day we turn into them

The day we start treating derbies like cup finals is the day we start winning them.

rcarter1
07-02-2016, 09:56 AM
The day we start treating derbies like cup finals is the day we start winning them.

Good point. No harm in treating every game like a cup final really. Give it 100% and never give up. Simples..

RoYO!
07-02-2016, 09:57 AM

I know what you're saying but the SC is 'The Holy Grail' (I know i know!) and it would mean more to me to win that than any other. So even though there would be masses still to do it allows you to dream on.

The other cup would obviously be a fantastic achievement and a real show of intent. I would also add that there's not a lot in it!

I wonder if this was the QF of the SC if people would think differently? As there's every chance the next round could be favourable draw with the teams left in. Sorry forgot to add.. FACT. ENDOF. IMHO :wink:

Bristolhibby
07-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Cup Final.

The OP asked a one or other question.

The question where you are asked if you would rather win both games or no games is on another thread somewhere.

J

Pretty Boy
07-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Can I be 100% clear to people, since private warnings are obviously ignored, that if you wish to use words like '******' or '*****' then take yourself elsewhere to do so.

It's not funny or clever just offensive. This isn't 'PC gone made' before anyone trots that pish out, it's about common decency.

emerald green
07-02-2016, 11:07 AM
In order of importance for HFC as things stand today:

1) Winning promotion (by miles)
2) Winning the League Cup
3) Beating Hertz

Just IMO though.

cabbageandribs1875
07-02-2016, 07:17 PM
and even after today it's STILL promotion/cup/hertz for me :greengrin