PDA

View Full Version : Coach hire for the final

Real Emerald
06-02-2016, 12:27 PM
Any one else finding it difficult to get a bus hired for the final. Scottish football mucks it up again putting a national cup final on the same day that Scotlanad play France in Edinburgh. Any ideas on who to contact?

greenginger
06-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Any one else finding it difficult to get a bus hired for the final. Scottish football mucks it up again putting a national cup final on the same day that Scotlanad play France in Edinburgh. Any ideas on who to contact?

Anybody but Parks of Hamilton ! :greengrin

J-C
06-02-2016, 12:34 PM

TBH having an international rugby match on the same day as the final shouldn't really impact on the getting a bus, most people get to Murrayfield by train, plus it's against France.

gegs70
06-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Not sure may be worth working through yellow pages and try outside edinburgh and lothian?

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2016, 12:43 PM
TBH having an international rugby match on the same day as the final shouldn't really impact on the getting a bus, most people get to Murrayfield by train, plus it's against France.

Eh? Have you never seen the masses of coaches parked from Western Corner to the zoo on six nations mstch days.

Pretty Boy
06-02-2016, 12:48 PM
Good luck. Prices being quoted are ridiculous.

Real Emerald
06-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Eh? Have you never seen the masses of coaches parked from Western Corner to the zoo on six nations mstch days.

Yep it looks like all coaches are booked up that day. 66,000 people making there way to Murrayfield from every rugby club and outpost in Scotland. Only in Scotland would you try to undermine an event like this!

Mibbes Aye
06-02-2016, 12:50 PM

There will be a difference this year as a consequence of the Borders railway being available. I suspect that will have a significant impact. Hopefully Scotrail have added some carriages to the trains!

Gmack7
06-02-2016, 12:53 PM
Try Glasgow companies, they can also be cheaper

Real Emerald
06-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Good luck. Prices being quoted are ridiculous.
What prices have you bern quoted as a matter of interest?

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-02-2016, 01:01 PM
Let the train take the strain.

J-C
06-02-2016, 01:07 PM

The majority of these come from either north or south, very few from the central belt and it's been said we now have the borders rail link open.

Libby Hibby
06-02-2016, 01:09 PM
Try Glasgow companies, they can also be cheaper

That's what I've done, 40% cheaper than the Edinburgh pi55 takers

Real Emerald
06-02-2016, 01:21 PM
Let the train take the strain.

Beaching put a stop to that in the 60's. Last time a train ran from Penicuik.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-02-2016, 01:50 PM
I'm sure you could find your way to Waverley Station.

staunchhibby
06-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Presently making enquiries re mini bus hire from Broxburn area.Hopefuly know by next week.

Hermit Crab
06-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Beaching put a stop to that in the 60's. Last time a train ran from Penicuik.

"Beeching"

Try getting yourself to Eskbank, Gorebridge or Newtongrange, there's a new railway there you know.

ben johnson
06-02-2016, 04:09 PM
We hire an East Kilbride 8 seater. He comes through am drops us at hotel and he can continue working until about 4.30 in EK. Roughly £25 a head door to door. You can also enjoy a couple of beers on the way through. And coming back hopefully.

Greencore
06-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Anyone know if a bus from or near Dalkeith will be running?

jabis
06-02-2016, 06:18 PM
"Beeching"

Try getting yourself to Eskbank, Gorebridge or Newtongrange, there's a new railway there you know.

Beeching was a kok,can't get a train to finechtie no more🚂

hibbybob
06-02-2016, 06:34 PM
We started phoning around on Monday morning.

Most companies immediately said they were full (we called quite a few). The only local company to offer us a bus was AAA Coaches. Cost was £700 plus a £500 security bond (refundable if no damage to bus etc).

Eventually got a bus from Rennies of Dunfermline. 49 seater was just under £600. That's for a fairly early start and pick ups in east and west Edinburgh.

After booking with Rennies, coachhire.com got back to me with a decent quote so it might be worth trying them. They act as an agent for various coach companies - many of which will be outside Edinburgh and therefore cheaper.

All the companies I spoke to stressed that there would be no alcohol on the bus.

Good luck

GGTTH

Real Emerald
06-02-2016, 08:18 PM
We started phoning around on Monday morning.

Most companies immediately said they were full (we called quite a few). The only local company to offer us a bus was AAA Coaches. Cost was £700 plus a £500 security bond (refundable if no damage to bus etc).

Eventually got a bus from Rennies of Dunfermline. 49 seater was just under £600. That's for a fairly early start and pick ups in east and west Edinburgh.

After booking with Rennies, coachhire.com got back to me with a decent quote so it might be worth trying them. They act as an agent for various coach companies - many of which will be outside Edinburgh and therefore cheaper.

All the companies I spoke to stressed that there would be no alcohol on the bus.

Good luck

GGTTH

Thanks mate for the very detailed response rather than giving me spelling lessons and punting me on a train. I'll give that a go.👍

HibeeMassive
06-02-2016, 08:40 PM
If you do get a bus and are looking for somewhere to go, Picture House in Rutherglen have an early opening license from 11 and have plenty space left for coach bookings.