PDA

View Full Version : For the attention of parents who take their kids to the FF lower

Jonnyboy
04-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Folks, there follows a post I made last week on the Private Members Board (the part in bold)

To date I’ve had many generous offers of monies to boost the numbers but, as yet, no volunteers looking to take up the option. I’m opening it up now to the main messageboard because there are obviously many more of our fans that read it. The hope is that a number of parents will come forward.

Inspired by many threads on here and especially ones that deal with how you became a Hibby, I’ve decided I’d like to make a small gesture that, if supported, will result in a couple of kids getting to attend ER for our remaining seven league fixtures.

Firstly, a brief explanation of why I’m doing this.

As a kid, one of six, my parents worked hard to feed and clothe us, with little or no money for ‘luxuries’ and so I had zero chance of ever attending a football match, until my pal’s Dad, a staunch Hibby, told his laddie that he was happy to take me along to ER as long as my folks agreed. They did and I duly attended my first ever game at ER. I’d no real idea what to expect but after climbing hundreds of steps and arriving at the top of the old terracing, I fell in love with the guys that ran out onto that stunningly green pitch, wearing stunningly green and white strips! The rest, as they say, is history.

So, here’s my plan.

I want to buy two kid season tickets for the Famous Five lower, the family section, and I need parents who take their kids there to ‘volunteer’ to bring along a kid who’s friends with theirs but who otherwise wouldn’t get the chance to watch Hibs. It’s a lot to ask I know, as the parent(s) would be responsible for looking after that kid but I hope there are some who would find it to be a thing they’d happily take on. The remaining games are against Alloa, Morton, Rangers, Livingston, Dumbarton, Falkirk and Queen of the South, though I’d fully understand if a parent preferred not to bring one of those kids to a game involving Rangers.

I originally offered to do this via Leith Links but Suzy reminded me that they get tickets for the East which made my idea a non-starter in that regard.

Essentially, what I’d ask is that if any parent would be willing to do this and that the kid’s parents agreed, I’d buy the season ticket in their kids’ name. If you are interested, please feel free to PM me with the details once established. If more than two come forward, I’d like to think other Hibs fans might join in to buy more tickets for these kids. The tickets are only £15 each.

Sorry for the length of the post and thanks for taking the time to read it.

kenny.ff
04-02-2016, 08:10 PM
Great idea, if more than 2 come forward i will happily fund a couple

Jonnyboy
04-02-2016, 09:20 PM
Great idea, if more than 2 come forward i will happily fund a couple

Thank you :aok:

Jonnyboy
05-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Bump

erin go bragh
05-02-2016, 09:22 AM
That's class JB . I already take three kids under ten but it's a fantastic idea . Good luck .

GGTTH

Hawick hibee
05-02-2016, 09:29 AM
The famous 5 is only £35 (I think) for a season, so a half season will be less is that the £15 price you quoted?
Have you run this past the board they are now very much receptive to ideas and initiatives, not that your looking for that as your idea is very generous and 'Hibs class'
I think they may can make the process a little easier and set up something that may be a central area for collecting donations etc. I am happy to donate to your cause so please keep me informed of any further developments. I travel up from hawick and my old man already takes my niece to the famous 5. May not can help with the looking after a kid but happy to donate a little for the cause.
Good luck

offshorehibby
05-02-2016, 09:48 AM
I think the problem Jonnyboy's having is getting parents on board who already take their kids to the FF and not financial support which has been excellent.

Jonnyboy
05-02-2016, 10:21 AM
The famous 5 is only £35 (I think) for a season, so a half season will be less is that the £15 price you quoted?
Have you run this past the board they are now very much receptive to ideas and initiatives, not that your looking for that as your idea is very generous and 'Hibs class'
I think they may can make the process a little easier and set up something that may be a central area for collecting donations etc. I am happy to donate to your cause so please keep me informed of any further developments. I travel up from hawick and my old man already takes my niece to the famous 5. May not can help with the looking after a kid but happy to donate a little for the cause.
Good luck

Hi Hh

Thanks for this and for your offer of support, both much appreciated 👍

Jonnyboy
05-02-2016, 10:23 AM
I think the problem Jonnyboy's having is getting parents on board who already take their kids to the FF and not financial support which has been excellent.

In a nutshell 🏐

southsider
05-02-2016, 10:51 AM
This seems a grand scheme. I am sure there are parents who are season ticket holders who would love to take their kids but have other priorities. I would gladly chip in £50 a year if we could get this to work. No stigma, just apply to the fund.

j'adore hibs
05-02-2016, 01:40 PM
i take my 2 kids to the FF and whilst this is a great scheme logisticaly it cant work until next season. There are no free sits next to ours to which I could have a season ticket allocated to. suspect this is the case for others.

Ceebs
05-02-2016, 04:04 PM
Absolute class guys, well done and take my hat off to your generosity.👏👏👏

Jonnyboy
05-02-2016, 07:27 PM
This seems a grand scheme. I am sure there are parents who are season ticket holders who would love to take their kids but have other priorities. I would gladly chip in £50 a year if we could get this to work. No stigma, just apply to the fund.

Thank you :aok:

i take my 2 kids to the FF and whilst this is a great scheme logisticaly it cant work until next season. There are no free sits next to ours to which I could have a season ticket allocated to. suspect this is the case for others.

This is a great point and I confess I was coming round to that thought myself. Need to give it a bit more thought to see if I can find a way around that

Kojock
05-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Thanks to a good Hibby I got a ticket for the Derby at face value. I would be delighted to donate £30 towards the scheme.

Jonnyboy
05-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Thanks to a good Hibby I got a ticket for the Derby at face value. I would be delighted to donate £30 towards the scheme.

Very kind, thank you.

Need to sort out how to accommodate all these kids now :greengrin

houstonhibbee
05-02-2016, 10:06 PM
I bought two lower FF kids half season tickets with the kids for kicks scheme where the club donate tickets to local organisations that arrange for kids to go to games. Would that work for you?

Jonnyboy
05-02-2016, 10:38 PM
I bought two lower FF kids half season tickets with the kids for kicks scheme where the club donate tickets to local organisations that arrange for kids to go to games. Would that work for you?

I'll look into that one, thanks :aok: