PDA

View Full Version : Predictions v Hearts

SteveHFC
04-02-2016, 03:13 PM
A hard fought 2-1 win with Stokes scoring a last minute winner.

Franck Stanton
04-02-2016, 03:15 PM
Last week I would have said 0-2 hibs win

Now that erse is the ref 2-0 to them with one being a penalty and at least one hibs man sent off.

NOT a level playing field anymore.

04-02-2016, 03:16 PM
Hate to be a doom merchant but unfortunately I can't see anything other than a win for the ****. I think physically they will over power us and with that clown as the ref then they will get away with it.

Hibernia&Alba
04-02-2016, 03:18 PM
It's so hard to call. They will rightly be favourites, but we'll give them a real game, and I think it will be very close. Our poor record at the Asbestos Dome is always a worry, as of course is Craig Thomson! I hate predicting a Hearts win, but that's my gut feeling I'm afraid. 2-1 Smellies.

hibee-boys
04-02-2016, 03:21 PM
3 tough games in the space of a week will unfortunately catch up with us, hope they prove me wrong though!

Diclonius
04-02-2016, 03:28 PM
2-0 Hearts.

lucky
04-02-2016, 03:29 PM
0-7 again

Hibrandenburg
04-02-2016, 03:32 PM
I think it's got draw written all over it.

Super_JMcGinn
04-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Could go either way given both teams form, they're obviously favourites as they're at home but I think if we can keep it tight at the back,and not gift them anything, we have a great chance, even with that clown in charge. 1-1

Onion
04-02-2016, 03:34 PM
2-0 Yams.

Their obsession makes this their cup final, whereas it's the least important game for Hibs in a tough week.

southern hibby
04-02-2016, 03:38 PM
I'm going for a draw, just can't see us getting the win because of Ref.

I would if I was manager( and sometimes I'm glad I'm not) take team of park and bring game into disrepute to protect my players if Ref wasn't. I would happily take it to An SFA tribunal and let the papers / media etc around Europe know what a farce our game has become.

I would then start quoting retrospective Red Cards as Refs aren't good enough to spot it or they don't have backbone to dish out a red to them.

However if Ref was impartial ( yes I know I'm dreaming ) then it would be game on.

GGTTH

Robinho08
04-02-2016, 03:39 PM
1 a peice, or the Merricks will sneak a scrappy 1-0.

dmc1875
04-02-2016, 03:40 PM
I think we will score first and it will finish 1-1. I'd take a replay at Easter road.

Although as some have said Hearts will be treating this as their cup final whereas it is bizarrely the least important game of the week for Hibs. We've got to the league cup final, won away at tricky opposition to keep going in the league, if we win on Sunday it's just a massive massive bonus

essexhibee
04-02-2016, 03:41 PM
Don't see us not scoring but equally I don't think we will keep a clean sheet.

2-1 either way for me.

California-Hibs
04-02-2016, 03:42 PM
It's gonna be a draw, which will suit us perfectly as we'll easily brush them aside at Easter Road.

pontius pilate
04-02-2016, 03:43 PM
2-1 for us stokes double one in each half

Onceinawhile
04-02-2016, 03:44 PM
The hearts that played Aberdeen would beat us. The hearts who played Hamilton wouldn't get anywhere near.

Tough game with one goal in it at most (either way).

Wouldn't be surprised by any of the three possible outcomes tbh.

chinaman
04-02-2016, 03:46 PM
Score draw. We'll do them at home

Deansy
04-02-2016, 03:48 PM

Aye right, over Craig Thomson's dead-body ............................

GGTTH07
04-02-2016, 03:48 PM
Go to go positive, eh?! 1-2 Henderson getting the winner

Lancs Harp
04-02-2016, 03:53 PM
Tight game me thinks.

I'll go 0-0 and onto a reply

truehibernian
04-02-2016, 03:54 PM
2-2 with Hibs winning a replay.

aljo7-0
04-02-2016, 04:04 PM
Very tight game but I'm going to be the optimist and say 1 nil Hibs

Lancs Harp
04-02-2016, 04:19 PM
on second thoughts b****x

5-1 to the Pride of Edinburgh

:flag:

Pretty Boy
04-02-2016, 04:22 PM
1-1.

rcarter1
04-02-2016, 04:31 PM
This has the makings of being the match of the season it terms of full blooded hell for leather goal fest.We are not far off them in terms of quality, perhaps better in certain areas. However my concern is that this game, in terms of intensity, and facing a very confident attack minded opponent, will be nothing like we have faced all season - barring the games at Ibrox. If we learned from the 2-4 game, I give us a chance as I imagine Hearts and Rangers are a similar standard. If we lose our cool and confidence it could very grim indeed.

So Im going for a reversal of the norm. Hearts with a man sent off in the first ten minutes. McGinn to grab a goal just before the break, and with them pushing hard, we catch em. 2-0 going into the last ten, tempers will flare, both teams have a man sent off, and in the resultant end to end finish, we score a third. Possibly Hearts grab one as well, but not sure.

3-0 or 3-1 to Hibs! :thumbsup:

Pete
04-02-2016, 04:32 PM
on second thoughts b****x

5-1 to the Pride of Edinburgh

Ltyf.

Oh sorry, they are the heart and soul of Edinburgh.

Itsnoteasy
04-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Hate to be a doom merchant but unfortunately I can't see anything other than a win for the ****. I think physically they will over power us and with that clown as the ref then they will get away with it.

Can't believe they are evens@ the bookies & we are only 5/2

Off the bar
04-02-2016, 04:42 PM
Ltyf.

Oh sorry, they are the heart and soul of Edinburgh.

arse and hole more like

Thecat23
04-02-2016, 04:46 PM
This will be Hearts biggest game of the season so all the pressure is on them. More so because it's in their own back yard! If we score first we could see Hearts start booting us and struggle to get back in.

Now if they score first then their tails will be right up and with the crowd behind them we may find it a lot harder. So I'm saying, if we score first 1-3 Hibs and if they score first 1-3 to Hibs 😎

Lancs Harp
04-02-2016, 04:49 PM
This has the makings of being the match of the season it terms of full blooded hell for leather goal fest.We are not far off them in terms of quality, perhaps better in certain areas. However my concern is that this game, in terms of intensity, and facing a very confident attack minded opponent, will be nothing like we have faced all season - barring the games at Ibrox. If we learned from the 2-4 game, I give us a chance as I imagine Hearts and Rangers are a similar standard. If we lose our cool and confidence it could very grim indeed.

So Im going for a reversal of the norm. Hearts with a man sent off in the first ten minutes. McGinn to grab a goal just before the break, and with them pushing hard, we catch em. 2-0 going into the last ten, tempers will flare, both teams have a man sent off, and in the resultant end to end finish, we score a third. Possibly Hearts grab one as well, but not sure.

3-0 or 3-1 to Hibs! :thumbsup:

Thats pretty comprehensive Im glad I didn't fork out for a ticket now.http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Famous Fiver
04-02-2016, 04:51 PM
rcarter1

Have you got this week's lottery numbers you can pass on?

If all of your six predictions come up you win the prize!!

Halifaxhibby
04-02-2016, 04:52 PM
Think this game has the potential to be the game of the season in scotland. Unfortunately hertz are capable of matching anyone on their day, especially at the piggery. We are the same. Hopefully both teams put on a great game. Thompson, over excited come sunday morning slips in his jambo baffies running down the stairs for breakfast breaking a bone or two!!. Game is end to end for 90+07 mins with no score. Lewis plays a 1/2 with mcginn at the edge of the box putting him clean through, rounds alexander in front of the hibs end.....salutes the hibs fans before bursting the net from a yard!!!!!!!!

GGTTH
FTHMFC

Green Cabbage 7
04-02-2016, 05:06 PM
1-3 they try there bully boy tactics in Hibs faces we hit on the break in 5 mins, counter again and again scoring 2 more 0-3 halftime game over they huff and puff and get a consolation.

Col2
04-02-2016, 05:13 PM
2-1 Hibs.

Stokes (who will start) and winner in last ten minutes from Henderson.

Penalty equaliser from Wannnnmmmmmaaaaaa...

GreenLake
04-02-2016, 05:17 PM
1-3 they try there bully boy tactics in Hibs faces we hit on the break in 5 mins, counter again and again scoring 2 more 0-3 halftime game over they huff and puff and get a consolation.

I agree with 1.3 to us but think after an early Cummings goal they will equalize with 20 minutes to go. Stokes will put us ahead again in the 76th minute and Keatings will score the 3rd against the run of play in the last minute.

emerald green
04-02-2016, 05:21 PM
The odds are stacked against Hibs with Thomson being in charge. It's simply not an even playing field. Hibs will do very well to get a draw.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-02-2016, 05:27 PM
I will take whatever result we get as long as the Monday headlines aren't paraphrased with Reffin 'Awful or Controversial Whistler . For Cups we have over achieved in getting to the final of the LC and the must win game for me was Morton away.

rcarter1
04-02-2016, 05:34 PM
rcarter1

Have you got this week's lottery numbers you can pass on?

If all of your six predictions come up you win the prize!!

Never played, but just in case I can make someone some loot, Im going for… 03, 13, 26, 20, 31, and of course 07.

:greengrin

Big L
04-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Their won't be 22 players on the park at the end and that worries me! The yams are very a physical side and you would therefore be right in thinking it would be their player/s taking an early bath but with Thomson reffing it, who knows!! A draw and do them at ER.A

rcarter1
04-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Think this game has the potential to be the game of the season in scotland. Unfortunately hertz are capable of matching anyone on their day, especially at the piggery. We are the same. Hopefully both teams put on a great game. Thompson, over excited come sunday morning slips in his jambo baffies running down the stairs for breakfast breaking a bone or two!!. Game is end to end for 90+07 mins with no score. Lewis plays a 1/2 with mcginn at the edge of the box putting him clean through, rounds alexander in front of the hibs end.....salutes the hibs fans before bursting the net from a yard!!!!!!!!

GGTTH
FTHMFC

Would that this were to be so.. Awesome, saluting before scoring.

Not In The Know
04-02-2016, 05:39 PM
They are decent but not that good. Don't forget this match can end in a draw so a replay woundnt be a surprise.

But we are more than capable of winning there...

Hibernia&Alba
04-02-2016, 06:14 PM
They are decent but not that good. Don't forget this match can end in a draw so a replay woundnt be a surprise.

This is true. They way we're playing this season, it wouldn't be a massive shock if we win Sunday. I really think it will be a close thing.

Tobias Funke
04-02-2016, 07:19 PM

Thats the way I see it. Hearts are playing well but they are beatable. Any Jambos who think they'll get an easy win on Sunday are in for a fright. This Hibs side is very handy and full of skill and guile.

1-2 to the Hibees :aok:

FromTheCapital
04-02-2016, 07:39 PM
2-2 for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2016, 07:49 PM
2-1 Hibs for the 2nd week running. And played in a much better stadium since the last time we played a cup game against them there.
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/cup-flashback-donald-ford-recalls-a-dark-day-for-hearts-1-4020339

Eyrie
04-02-2016, 08:04 PM
We'd win if it was a football contest but they have the referee they'd choose for the hack and hoof tactics they need to beat us.

I'd say Celtc have a better chance against East Kilbride than we have against the pub team.

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Diane's Pool Hall

NorthHibees
04-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Reckon it will finish 1 - 1 and go on to a replay.

Brightside
04-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Reckon it will finish 1 - 1 and go on to a replay.

0-1 keatings 68.

SanFranHibs
04-02-2016, 08:17 PM
1*4 for the Hibees..

I am usually a lot more conservative but i think we are gping to stuff them this time.

HappyHanlon
04-02-2016, 08:21 PM
3-2

Dagnall, JC and McGinn

mca
04-02-2016, 08:21 PM
C.T.. Will Get Man of the Match...:wink:

rcarter1
04-02-2016, 08:22 PM
We'd win if it was a football contest but they have the referee they'd choose for the hack and hoof tactics they need to beat us.

I'd say Celtc have a better chance against East Kilbride than we have against the pub team.

Im not a fan of this mentality by us. I can remember quite a few games vs them when our 'better' footballers couldn't string a pass together - all because they couldn't match Hearts for strength and running. Where was our talented midfield when we lost to Rangers a few weeks back? You've got to earn the right to play by standing up to the opposition mentally and physically. Im pretty sure Stubbs realises this, but we'll see. If we do stay focused, then our lads have the ability to hurt them for sure.

Another thing that bugs me a bit, is that with all our good play, we don't create/score that many chances. In the 29 games this season we've only scored 3 or more goals in 7 of them (5 at 3, and 2 games at 4).

I still think we can do well, and win or take it back to Easter Road, but to think we would pass rings around them if the ref gave us a fair game is crazy talk.

joebakerforever
04-02-2016, 08:41 PM
TBH, their performance against Aberdeen in the last round of the Cup, was impressive in terms of both skill and physical presence.

If they reproduce that performance, they'll blow us off the park and a 3 - 1 home win is on the cards.

Let's hope they have an off day at home and we grind out a 1 - 0 .

weecounty hibby
04-02-2016, 09:19 PM
TBH, their performance against Aberdeen in the last round of the Cup, was impressive in terms of both skill and physical presence.

If they reproduce that performance, they'll blow us off the park and a 3 - 1 home win is on the cards.

Totally disagree with your first paragraph. They definitely had the physical battle won all over the park but there was absolutely no point in that game where I thought" well played, that was good football". Big, physical, athletic, strong are all adjectives you could use to describe that team. Skillful would be somewhat further down the list

Colr
04-02-2016, 09:22 PM
Can't see us beating Hearts. They are doing well in the Prem and have had the edge over us for a bit. 3-1 them and hopefully no worse than that.

Smartie
04-02-2016, 09:25 PM
2-1 them.

They take the lead with a scrappy goal from a set-piece.

We bombard them for the majority of the match and are out of luck in front of goal for a long period.

Just as it looks like we're about to break them down Craig Thomson delivers the most eye-wateringly atrocious decision known to man to help them get 2-0 up.

There is a riot, possibly a pitch invasion, Thomson quite possibly assaulted on the park.

We get one back but it's not enough.

We're made out to be the bad guys.

rcarter1
04-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Totally disagree with your first paragraph. They definitely had the physical battle won all over the park but there was absolutely no point in that game where I thought" well played, that was good football". Big, physical, athletic, strong are all adjectives you could use to describe that team. Skillful would be somewhat further down the list

I seem to remember a fair few bits of individual skill from Hearts. In terms of flowing passing one touch football, not quite so much. It was bulldozer football - but very effective. Anyway, I think the worrying thing, is that they can make any skills we have redundant if they pick up all the second balls, out run us, knock our guys confidence, and generally get in our faces. They will make sure they run into our box looking for fouls/pens ay every opportunity, and hammer balls into the box from wide. We need a plan to stand up to this, and then pick our moments to go at them.

Not In The Know
04-02-2016, 09:29 PM
Can't see us beating Hearts. They are doing well in the Prem and have had the edge over us for a bit. 3-1 them and hopefully no worse than that.
Not really true. We had the edge over them last year. Only a fluke goal stopped us having W2 D1 L1.

Hermit Crab
04-02-2016, 09:35 PM
2-0 Hearts.

Thats what I think.

Colr
04-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Not really true. We had the edge over them last year. Only a fluke goal stopped us having W2 D1 L1.

Right enough. If they didn't score goals it would be a different story!! You cn't look at the record and say Hearts haven't bested Hibs for some number of years now.

Stax
04-02-2016, 09:51 PM
Watched their game against Aberdeen and I have to say "skill" isn't a word I'd use. They did what they always do. Can't believe how much they're being bigged up on here, I'd take our entire team over theirs (especially our midfield where we're supposedly going to be bullied) in every position. It'll be the same old shi**y game as they always are with nothing in it, but I honestly think we have enough quality to put them away. Stokes & Cummings to run riot, GGTTH

If not I'll take a draw and do them at the Leith San Siro :greengrin

Eyrie
04-02-2016, 10:01 PM
Im not a fan of this mentality by us. I can remember quite a few games vs them when our 'better' footballers couldn't string a pass together - all because they couldn't match Hearts for strength and running. Where was our talented midfield when we lost to Rangers a few weeks back? You've got to earn the right to play by standing up to the opposition mentally and physically. Im pretty sure Stubbs realises this, but we'll see. If we do stay focused, then our lads have the ability to hurt them for sure.

That is my point though - they make us have to match them physically because they can't match us in footballing talent, and that takes us away from our own strengths.

meister
04-02-2016, 10:20 PM
I predict a good football match for once.

If we can stop your midfield, Henderson and McGinn in particular then I think we'll win. If they get space to play and create then it's going to be pretty end to end and then it's up to the defences to come out on top.

rcarter1
04-02-2016, 10:22 PM
That is my point though - they make us have to match them physically because they can't match us in footballing talent, and that takes us away from our own strengths.

If thats what they do, then it is good strategy by them. We need a counter strategy. Im sure as hell I don't know what it is, but being aware of what they are going to try and do seems like a start.

Over to you Alan Stubbs and Co!

rcarter1
04-02-2016, 10:29 PM
I predict a good football match for once.

If we can stop your midfield, Henderson and McGinn in particular then I think we'll win. If they get space to play and create then it's going to be pretty end to end and then it's up to the defences to come out on top.

Ive got the same feeling. Lots of quality in both sides. If Hibs can match you guys for the first 30 minutes or so, we should be able to start causing you bother. I'm finding it hard to judge, as our qualities could be swamped - or the counter attacking position we find ourselves in could actually make us more effective.

Cant wait..

Ronniekirk
04-02-2016, 10:38 PM
Am honestly not sure how this one will pan out . I tend to think given the conditions we have played in in our last two games there is a chance we will tire as the game goes on so subs could be crucial if we can avoid injuries during the game
Clearly don't know if Fontaine and Fyffe available.
The above coupled with the ref choice tilts things in thier favour I think ,but I have a feeling the players and Stubbs will want to prove they can put one over them on thier own patch and think we could get the draw 2 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

meister
04-02-2016, 10:42 PM
Ive got the same feeling. Lots of quality in both sides. If Hibs can match you guys for the first 30 minutes or so, we should be able to start causing you bother. I'm finding it hard to judge, as our qualities could be swamped - or the counter attacking position we find ourselves in could actually make us more effective.

Cant wait..

Agreed about the first half hour, we've got guys in Pallardo and Buaben that can break things up and guys like Djoum that can take it forward. Your midfield is the strongest in the league and I think that will be where it's won and lost.

I think football wise, it's the two strongest Derby sides in years.

Genuinely hope it's not down to the ref.

FromTheCapital
04-02-2016, 11:13 PM
Proper defeatist attitude on here. In about these p****s from the first whistle!!

Greencore
04-02-2016, 11:24 PM
3-0 Hibernian.

truehibernian
05-02-2016, 12:00 AM
Liam Henderson will be crucial - initially I was unsure about him but I concede I've not seen a player as good (at that age) for years - I watched the weekends game back and it's frightening how much he's in the game, influences moves, and is end to end. Top top player who we're lucky to have.

SanFranHibs
05-02-2016, 12:31 AM
This is the game we take all our 'good' chances.

McIntosh
05-02-2016, 01:04 AM
If it comes down to football we will win. There is no doubt who the footballing side is here. Hibs to win.

Captain Trips
05-02-2016, 01:20 AM
Not worried at. We might be one league below but this group of players are better IMO than any of our teams in last 5/6 years which says a lot about previous managers.

No reason we cannot take game to Hearts and beat them we have more than good enough players to do it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-02-2016, 02:25 AM
1-0 Hibs.

Oxley 90'

mentalhibee
05-02-2016, 05:50 AM
3-1 Hibs!

Betty Boop
05-02-2016, 06:24 AM
2-1 them

marinello59
05-02-2016, 06:26 AM
7-0 Hibs . :thumbsup:
I'll take a single goal victory though. :greengrin

Keith_M
05-02-2016, 06:30 AM
I predict a scrappy win for Hearts, after they kick Hibs up and down the park, Thomson lets them away with murder while booking Hibs players for looking at him the wrong way, they're given a dodgy penalty, Hibs have a perefectly legitimate goal ignored/chalked-off and two of their players are retrospectively red-carded (therefore denying Hibs any adavantage...again)

Just going by experience, sorry.

marinello59
05-02-2016, 06:34 AM
I predict a scrappy win for Hearts, after they kick Hibs up and down the park, Thomson lets them away with murder while booking Hibs players for looking at him the wrong way, they're given a dodgy penalty, Hibs have a perefectly legitimate goal ignored/chalked-off and two of their players are retrospectively red-carded (therefore denying Hibs any adavantage...again)

Just going by experience, sorry.

This Hibs team won't let anybody kick them off the park.

Septimus
05-02-2016, 07:04 AM

Really? You are easily pleased.

heretoday
05-02-2016, 07:08 AM
Hearts score two quick goals and spoil our day. I'm often wrong.

Not In The Know
05-02-2016, 07:09 AM
Right enough. If they didn't score goals it would be a different story!! You cn't look at the record and say Hearts haven't bested Hibs for some number of years now.
I know but, arguably we had the upper hand against them last year.

Springbank
05-02-2016, 07:37 AM
I know but, arguably we had the upper hand against them last year.

I would say we were definitely the better team in each derby last season

A Liam Craig penalty miss vs they scored their pen was the only difference in their token win

We bossed them at Easter Road both times, those were humbling games for jambos I know. Their freak equaliser in the first game papered over the cracks but the 2-0 game for us at ER later in the season was the same game, the same pattern, just we got the late goal this time to emphasise Stubbs' superiority over jobbie Neilson.

We've got goalscorers and both Cummings and Stokes would love it to score at the PBS

Hearts are strong at corners

That's why Im going 2-1 Hibs

bruno
05-02-2016, 07:43 AM
If it comes down to football we will win. There is no doubt who the footballing side is here. Hibs to win.
If you had seen us in in a number of games this season including recently both the Aberdeen and Motherwell games instead of buying into just the physical stuff you will be quite surprised we do have some talented players
Yes every player is strong physically but that is no bad thing
we have centre halves who are strong but both like to pass the ball out at every opportunity. They take risks but when it works it is pleasing on the eye, when it doesn't they look stupid!!!!!
Patterson and Mcghee are there to defend and that's what they do, nothing fancy but I would also put money on Patterson getting a goal
Djoum I cannot tell you how good this guy is, again strong physically but great feet, touch and vision,definitely not a clogger. Can dictate play like McGinn but will not be intimidated or bullied
Buaben and Pallardo are there to break things up and then pass to the players who make it happen but again Buaben can be skilful when needs to be it all depends what role he is given. All teams need these sort of player
Nicholson, fast, tricky but strong and good in the air definitely not a clogger
Up front any 2 from Sow, Reilly, Walker or Juanma , all very skillfull but again strong and physically fit
I think we will win, I think we have good players tested every week at a higher level so fitness will also be key. Our team is much better than last year
Individually we are good but what makes us a better team than most in our division is our strength and fitness and I think this can be crucial. Fit and strong does not necessarily mean brutal and dirty

MB62
05-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Last week I would have said 0-2 hibs win

Now that erse is the ref 2-0 to them with one being a penalty and at least one hibs man sent off.

NOT a level playing field anymore.

As soon as I heard who the ref was, that was exactly my prediction too.

I watched them against Hamilton and barring the last10 minutes, I thought they were very poor and we had nothing to fear. Now, I think they are very poor but got him to fear.

BTW, yam in my work thinks they will win by more than engerland will beat Scotland at the egg chasing on Saturday.

EskbankHibby
05-02-2016, 08:08 AM
2-1 or 2-0 to Hibs.

Levein will have them set up not to lose but as they are at home they will have to come at us which suits us.

greenpaper55
05-02-2016, 08:34 AM
Quite relaxed about it, on the face of it they are a division above us and with a host of new signings so they should be massive favourites but if we can match the giants and get our football going then we are in with a wee chance, i think a draw and a win at ER.

hibbypostie
05-02-2016, 08:51 AM
wow most defeatist thread I have ever read 2-0 Hibs and we will play them off the park and its an outrage when you type Hibs it shows as misspelled :confused::wink:

SeanWilson
05-02-2016, 09:27 AM
If you had seen us in in a number of games this season including recently both the Aberdeen and Motherwell games instead of buying into just the physical stuff you will be quite surprised we do have some talented players
we have centre halves who are strong but both like to pass the ball out at every opportunity. They take risks but when it works it is pleasing on the eye, when it doesn't they look stupid!!!!!
Patterson and Mcghee are there to defend and that's what they do, nothing fancy but I would also put money on Patterson getting a goal
Djoum I cannot tell you how good this guy is, again strong physically but great feet, touch and vision,definitely not a clogger. Can dictate play like McGinn but will not be intimidated or bullied
Buaben and Pallardo are there to break things up and then pass to the players who make it happen but again Buaben can be skilful when needs to be it all depends what role he is given. All teams need these sort of player
Up front any 2 from Sow, Reilly, Walker or Juanma , all very skillfull but again strong and physically fit
I think we will win, I think we have good players tested every week at a higher level so fitness will also be key. Our team is much better than last year
Individually we are good but what makes us a better team than most in our division is our strength and fitness and I think this can be crucial. Fit and strong does not necessarily mean brutal and dirty

I'm just hoping hearts have as good a day as your punctuation. WTF did i just read? :confused:

California-Hibs
05-02-2016, 09:28 AM
I think Hibs are gonna surprise a lot of you in a very good way.

Springbank
05-02-2016, 09:48 AM
I think Hibs are gonna surprise a lot of you in a very good way.

League tables don't lie and Aberdeen are miles ahead of hehearts id have to,say Aberdeen had the better of the game v us at Easter road but guess what we have, goalscorers!

the key is attitude from the off, stay strong and work our diamonds off to keep it tight, because the likes of Cummings and stokes will relish a goal sooner or later in the game. Hard work for medals in this fixture

Sir David Gray
05-02-2016, 06:18 PM
3-1 Hibs.

Purehibee_MYB
05-02-2016, 08:26 PM
I like the positivity and hope it does come off for us on Sunday. That said, my gut is telling me that this is a game too far with everything going on and I think we'll lose 2-1 or 3-1. I really hope I'm wrong

Gogs07
05-02-2016, 08:46 PM
1 nil to the pen nibs.

The best that the gorgie underclass can hope for is a draw and then get pumped at ER.:jamboak:
Then they can take the TV money and build a modern stand,rather than that victorian
****hole that I was in for the semi win.

Billy McKirdy
05-02-2016, 08:55 PM
I want a win no matter the score but I fear a 3-1 for them.
I never go into this fixture confident nowadays and with that referree I expect nothing good.

Waxy
05-02-2016, 08:56 PM
Anything can happen but......we're better than them.

cabbageandribs1875
05-02-2016, 08:58 PM
3-1 the yamboids :duck:

Waxy
05-02-2016, 08:59 PM

How would you explain the Hamilton match?

Waxy
05-02-2016, 09:07 PM

Libby Hibby
05-02-2016, 09:15 PM

Or explain the 1st time Aberdeen were at Tyncastle this season

Sir David Gray
05-02-2016, 09:25 PM

It does in Hearts' case.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/SC1

You're out on your own with six straight red cards so far this season - double the amount that any other team has received so far.

Stax
05-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Nah sorry, your mobs been brutal & dirty as long as I can remember. As for being tested at a higher level every week? do me a favour. As I've said previously on this thread It'll be the usual scrappy blood & thunder affair because that's what your lot always do. Fair play you've had some joy using said tactics but your game against Aberdeen was f***in awful.

southern hibby
05-02-2016, 10:42 PM
I Would like to see Darnell and Boyle come on with 30 minutes left. Said it several times now their pace would cause most defences problems especially last half hour as defences start to get tired.

Still think we can beat them. I mean it's there for us to go out and show them.

GGTTH

truehibernian
05-02-2016, 10:55 PM
I Would like to see Darnell and Boyle come on with 30 minutes left. Said it several times now their pace would cause most defences problems especially last half hour as defences start to get tired.

GGTTH

Boyle for me would be a starter - Hearts couldn't handle him last year and whilst both teams have changed, MB offers crucial pace both defensively and offensively on the right flank.

With Fyvie out I'd actually start Boyle - doesn't get the plaudits but a right good team player and his pace first 45 would be hugely beneficial to give their back line a problem.

Hibernianinc
05-02-2016, 11:03 PM
Herts are bricking it.

At home, against championship opposition. You'd take that every day of the week in the cup.

However. They could lose. They should win. But they could lose.

Let them panic.

Let us sing.

We'll fill their last stand in their rubbish ground and we'll let them know who's the best team.

2-0 Hibs.

truehibernian
05-02-2016, 11:08 PM

Pressure's on Hearts as they're the top league side - their weakness is central defence and goalkeeper - Alexander is a very poor keeper in my opinion.

Hearts however aren't overly physical they're just fit - as we are too. I actually like teams having a physical side to their game.

McGinn and Stokes are key men - every time I watch McGinn in the bigger games he steps up. What I'll guarantee now is Thomson will issue cards early - McGinn has to stay cool as he's prone to get immediately stuck in. Hope Thomson watches their players at corners too - young Paterson tends to shirt pull and 'jockey' - I'd actually go short corners V them and draw them out - especially with Stokes and Cummings able to find space.

The Harp Awakes
05-02-2016, 11:31 PM
This game is set up perfectly for Hibs. Underdogs, playing well, a bit of steel about us and 2 deadly strikers in the squad in Stokes and Cummings. Our midfield is far superior and we will boss the game. Hibs win.

FromTheCapital
05-02-2016, 11:59 PM

They're no better than sides we've already beaten this season. Sick of going into derbies thinking about them. ****** them, ****** their s****y club and let's do them!

Ronster117
06-02-2016, 12:28 AM
They're no better than sides we've already beaten this season. Sick of going into derbies thinking about them. ****** them, ****** their s****y club and let's do them!

this 100%

Time to stop worrying about the they ***** , and give your full support to Hibernian

:gwa:
3-1 Hibs

Pete
06-02-2016, 01:23 AM
There's been lots of talk about pace and power v guile and trickery, predictions ranging from hammerings for both sides all the way to high scoring thrillers and talk about both teams being on the front foot from the off.

So a boring, dull 0-0 is probably what's going to happen.

hibbypostie
06-02-2016, 05:36 AM
wow just wow no wonder our derby record is pish most of you have us beat before we walk on the park totally embarrassing they have more faith in us on brokeback than our fans have in us SHOCKING

Pete
06-02-2016, 05:48 AM
wow just wow no wonder our derby record is pish most of you have us beat before we walk on the park totally embarrassing they have more faith in us on brokeback than our fans have in us SHOCKING

I don't think predictions on a message board have ever effected the result. Chill.

Our dressing room will be prepared. :thumbsup:

hibbypostie
06-02-2016, 06:22 AM
I don't think predictions on a message board have ever effected the result. Chill.

Our dressing room will be prepared. :thumbsup:

so you never heard the story of Gary locke reading them out at training pre cup final then
and it showed they beat us before they stepped on the grass that day

and I am chilled I think we will win we are better than them its the doom and gloom squad that need to chill or KEEP IT TOU YOURSELF

Viva_Palmeiras
06-02-2016, 06:39 AM
so you never heard the story of Gary locke reading them out at training pre cup final then
and it showed they beat us before they stepped on the grass that day

and I am chilled I think we will win we are better than them its the doom and gloom squad that need to chill or KEEP IT TOU YOURSELF

That's shocking - Gary can actually read?

Viva_Palmeiras
06-02-2016, 06:58 AM
I'm just hoping hearts have as good a day as your punctuation. WTF did i just read? :confused:

As one of the few yams that comes on and tries to engage in reasonable debate,,, grammarr spelling and punctuation can surely be overlooked?

Viva_Palmeiras
06-02-2016, 07:09 AM

GGTTH

Am I being thick - Darnell? Sorry coffee not kicked in and distrurbed slew with the kids - Dagnall.

Aldo
06-02-2016, 07:40 AM
Our friends on here from across the city are obviously going to show their players as better than they really are and we do the exact same, difference for me being we do have quality and all over the pitch.

Hanlon, McGeouch, McGinn Cummings , Henderson and for me the difference Stokes.

They don't have anyone if his quality IMHO and I'm not just saying that wearing green tinted specks.

They will play a pressing game and will come out the traps flying however we need to exploit this and we have the midfield players to do this, McGinn, McGeouch and Henderson will all drive at them and have them on the back foot.

Having watched some of their games on telly I know this the poor ball takes an absolute hiding week in week out.

Get it in the deck and play football.

We have the quality to win this and show what we are made off against Premier League Opposition. Pressure is all in them as a result of this.

I am not usually very positive when it comes to this game but really do believe that brains over brawn will win this.

Discipline is the key and I really do hope that Cheat has grown a set and won't be wearing his yam coloured specks. All I ask for is consistency from him in his decision making.

Anyway I think we will win this 1-2 with Cummings (who lives scoring against that mob) and Stokes with the goals.

Phil MaGlass
06-02-2016, 08:18 AM
We will have our shooting boots on 2-0 half time, 3-0 or 3-1 full time for the Hibs

JennaFletcher
06-02-2016, 10:19 AM
Tough game to call. Going for 2-1 Hibs, Cummings and Stokes.

iwasthere1972
06-02-2016, 10:27 AM
I'll predict that that Jambo roaster, Scott Wilson will announce the attendance as ten more than last week followed by 'Another Tynecastle sell out'. Quickly greeted with booooooooo, **** off and :giruy2:

Ferry green
06-02-2016, 11:52 AM
My predictions

- the pink bus station will be as skank as ever
- das media will belittle us and revel in any opportunity to raise their voices to octave levels only dogs can hear any time the jamboids get past the half way line
- that we will have reason to loathe "that" ref for more inexplicable (?) decisions
- that my wife will tell me I shouldn't go / watch as this game more than any other turns me into an emotional volatile numpty
- that if and when we play like we know we can , with the confidence Stubbs has instilled right through the squad" , we have nothing to fear. Nil-two, Hanlon, McGinn

O2O2B

Hibby Kay-Yay
06-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Hibs have flirted with playing almost the perfect game. If all our players click into place at the same time, then we are capable of giving a team a real gubbing. I hope that happens tomorrow

jonty
06-02-2016, 09:21 PM
Tough game to call. Going for 2-1 Hibs, Cummings and Stokes.

I'll take that :agree:
Prefer a more comfortable 0-7 though :greengrin

Green Reaper
06-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Bet will be on 1-2 for the cabbage but, in all honesty, I will be content as long as we give our all and stand up to them. Only real worry is what influence cheating ct will have, GGTTH

Golden Bear
06-02-2016, 09:39 PM
I'll go 1-1 which will be a great result given the external influences which will come into play.

marinello59
06-02-2016, 09:40 PM
2-0 to Hibs.

Ronster117
06-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Hibs have flirted with playing almost the perfect game. If all our players click into place at the same time, then we are capable of giving a team a real gubbing. I hope that happens tomorrow
:thumbsup: :agree:

JennaFletcher
06-02-2016, 10:41 PM
I'll take that :agree:
Prefer a more comfortable 0-7 though :greengrin

Of course! 2-6 would do as well!

JK Rolling
06-02-2016, 10:58 PM

This.

Famous Fiver
07-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Weather tailor made for hoofball. Punt it in the air as high as they can and chase and elbow all day. We try to play football and pass.

We need a strong referee. Oh, wait...............

JimBHibees
07-02-2016, 07:37 AM
Just looking for a huge and confident performance today where we give our best and show our best qualities. If that isn't enough we move onto the next game.

Forza Fred
07-02-2016, 10:11 AM
[U][I

at some stage, I'm predicting it will be level at 0-0. :agree:

Hibrandenburg
07-02-2016, 02:25 PM

Good shout, I hope.

Hibrandenburg
07-02-2016, 02:26 PM
aye right, over craig thomson's dead-body ............................

r.i.p. Ct.

truehibernian
08-02-2016, 09:09 AM
Good shout, I hope.

I think the game yesterday was terrific for the Hibs squad - Hearts are a good side and athletic but we more than matched them. For a period after Dylan went off we lost our shape and were disjointed but KT and Bartley were unsung heroes second half and allowed McGinn to play his game and importantly Henderson to get in the game and drift.

When Hibs play the channels and use width we are good to watch. First half we went far too narrow and the gap between midfield and Stokes/Cummings was too far. We condensed it second half and pressed high - that'll be how we beat them in the replay. Hearts don't like being pressed and want time on the ball - their goals were good goals but they had lots of time. What also struck me is their lack of midfield balance - second half their new striker had a one on one with Marvin - not one Hearts midfielder bust a gut to give an option. Hibs on the other hand had 3 or 4 in their box when attacking.

Hibs mentality will win the replay - they play to win games, not to avoid losing.

theonlywayisup
16-02-2016, 10:29 PM
:cb

That's just over 180 minutes and I didn't see much football being played. No, the Hertz are just a big physical team.

It is when they can't even beat a lower league team.

Mmmmm pass. Is a pass the new term for a hoof?

Wrong!!!

:faf::faf:

Pallardo is such a dirty player. Should have been sent off.

Too much hand action is making Hertz fans go blind.

Mmmmmm, na!

I think we will win, I think we have good players tested every week at a higher level so fitness will also be key.

:cool2:

:cb

theonlywayisup
16-02-2016, 10:31 PM

:not worth:not worth:not worth