PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CUP FINAL TICKET PRICES ANNOUNCED

RSS Bot
04-02-2016, 02:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6161)

cabbageandribs1875
04-02-2016, 02:22 PM
hooraaaaay for sensibility :party::scarf:

mim
04-02-2016, 02:35 PM
hooraaaaay for sensibility :party::scarf:

Another slight on pensioners.
Most people will be happy and won't care about the cost to the elderly.
I had hoped that after complaining about the cost of the semi, the prices for the final would be fairer to pensioners.

EH54
04-02-2016, 02:45 PM
I have always assumed that the elderly paid concession prices ?

hibee-boys
04-02-2016, 02:48 PM
I had hoped that after complaining about the cost of the semi, the prices for the final would be fairer to pensioners.

Whilst I sympathise with your position where do we draw the line, discounts for unemployed, full time students, families on low incomes? Let's just delight in the fact that we're in another cup final which has been priced, in my view, sensibly. There are as many working families as cash strapped as pensioners!

mim
04-02-2016, 02:49 PM
I have always assumed that the elderly paid concession prices ?

Quite so, but only when concessions are available, which they were not for the semi and are not for the final. :confused:

mim
04-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Whilst I sympathise with your position where do we draw the line, discounts for unemployed, full time students, families on low incomes? Let's just delight in the fact that we're in another cup final which has been priced, in my view, sensibly. There are as many working families as cash strapped as pensioners!

Where do we draw the line with season tickets and entry to any other game?
Why change the rules for the League Cup semi and final?

cabbageandribs1875
04-02-2016, 02:55 PM

on the contrary...i'l be one myself in 11 years :greengrin but seriously your correct of course, it looks like the pricing has been set by both clubs and unfortunately only two groups have been taken in to consideration, i'd be interested if concessions were discussed at all between the clubs, and if not...why not

Hibernia&Alba
04-02-2016, 03:03 PM
Great value for a cup final.

hibee-boys
04-02-2016, 03:08 PM

It's hibs sole decision on what they charge for season tickets, the pricing at a cup final is not under our total control, these will have to have been negotiated. It'll be based on supply/demand, will pensioners be willing to miss out on a cup final for the sake of a tenner, they obviously don't think so.

Pretty Boy
04-02-2016, 03:13 PM
Decent pricing.

Would have liked to have seen is get 30K though just to give us a bit kore flexibility with sales and letting groups sit together.

JimBHibees
04-02-2016, 03:13 PM
It's hibs sole decision on what they charge for season tickets, the pricing at a cup final is not under our total control, these will have to have been negotiated. It'll be based on supply/demand, will pensioners be willing to miss out on a cup final for the sake of a tenner, they obviously don't think so.

Its 25 pounds though not a tenner unless I am missing the obvious.

Hibernia&Alba
04-02-2016, 03:15 PM
Decent pricing.

Would have liked to have seen is get 30K though just to give us a bit kore flexibility with sales and letting groups sit together.

Looks like more tickets will be forthcoming if the 25,800 are sold.

hibee-boys
04-02-2016, 03:17 PM
Its 25 pounds though not a tenner unless I am missing the obvious.

The difference between what they're asking pensioners to pay and what they might have to pay should they have been classified as a concession.

Pretty Boy
04-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Looks like more tickets will be forthcoming if the 25,800 are sold.

I'm sure they will be but the initial allocation probably tightens up how we go about selling them slightly.

With 30K every ST holder could have got 2 so mates etc could sit together and there would have still been about 14K left. Anyway not complaining as everyone who wants will get one way or another.

DTS
04-02-2016, 03:22 PM
What are the chances of the top bracket(purely cause it's my bracket) getting 2/3 tickets in the first wave of sales

Off the bar
04-02-2016, 03:23 PM
does anyone know when they will announce when and how they will be sold? I want to be sure I can get a ticket before booking travel etc

I have the grand total of 10 loyalty points, so I'm one rung up the ladder before a general sale! I know everyone is saying anyone on the datatbase should get one but I'd like to be sure before forking out on the train!

cheers

hibee-boys
04-02-2016, 03:24 PM
I reckon, even with initial allocation, that anyone with enough points for half season ticket or above should get 2 tickets, then general sale.

Hibernia&Alba
04-02-2016, 03:25 PM
What are the chances of the top bracket(purely cause it's my bracket) getting 2/3 tickets in the first wave of sales

With so many tickets coming our way, there must be a chance of something like that. Everyone who wants one should get a ticket; the Hibs support will be enormous.

HibbyAndy
04-02-2016, 03:28 PM
So the question is do i buy 2 tickets from my season ticket or hang fire till the general sale as my group is 10 and would ideally hope to be all seated together.

Lancs Harp
04-02-2016, 03:29 PM

IMO I would only have two "waves", season ticket holders and then general sale.

8,000 season ticket holders with 2 each would still only amount to 16000 even if every season ticket holder took up their second ticket option and lets face It there will be several thousand additional tickets made available after the initial 25,800.

What ever the allocation I don't think there will be a panic over getting a ticket

Onceinawhile
04-02-2016, 03:29 PM
does anyone know when they will announce when and how they will be sold? I want to be sure I can get a ticket before booking travel etc

I have the grand total of 10 loyalty points, so I'm one rung up the ladder before a general sale! I know everyone is saying anyone on the datatbase should get one but I'd like to be sure before forking out on the train!

cheers

There's only 20,000 on the database. You'll get a ticket before general sale.

Hibernia&Alba
04-02-2016, 03:32 PM
So the question is do i buy 2 tickets from my season ticket or hang fire till the general sale as my group is 10 and would ideally hope to be all seated together.

Belt and braces - but the two on your ST, then, if you can buy the ten together, do so and sell the two you already have :aok:

mim
04-02-2016, 03:33 PM
The difference between what they're asking pensioners to pay and what they might have to pay should they have been classified as a concession.

Hmmm, so you are being asked to pay an extra £3 over ER walk up price for a cup final. Pensioners, like me, are being asked to pay an extra £13, but all is well, aye? Seem fair to you, does it?

Off the bar
04-02-2016, 03:36 PM

nice one, I think I'm just gonna go ahead and book the train before it gets too pricey!

wookie70
04-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Delighted with that. I can sit side on for a change. Way too expensive for the kids the last few semis and finals to do that.

JimBHibees
04-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Hmmm, so you are being asked to pay an extra £3 over ER walk up price for a cup final. Pensioners, like me, are being asked to pay an extra £13, but all is well, aye? Seem fair to you, does it?

Must be a mistake surely. Cant imagine OAP's arent able to get a concession rate.

PatHead
04-02-2016, 03:52 PM

cheers

Just you wait until Ozzy finds out you are not in HSL. :devil:

Off the bar
04-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Just you wait until Ozzy finds out you are not in HSL. :devil:

shhhh I did buy a kicks for kids season ticket, that should keep Ozy happy no?

lyonhibs
04-02-2016, 03:58 PM

I would imagine that, with this volume of tickets available, the last rung of loyalty points to be given a priority period to purchase tickets before it becomes a general sale will be considerably higher than 10.

I'm on the database but have exactly zero loyalty points (to my eternal shame, gloryhunter and so on and soforth :greengrin) and fully expect to get a ticket. Having already booked flights, I'm bloody well hoping so!!

lyonhibs
04-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Must be a mistake surely. Cant imagine OAP's arent able to get a concession rate.

There's no "concession" category for these sales though, it's purely age related. U16 cheap, over that age £25 (which is a very fair price IMO, but anyway)

JimBHibees
04-02-2016, 04:03 PM
There's no "concession" category for these sales though, it's purely age related. U16 cheap, over that age £25 (which is a very fair price IMO, but anyway)

Seems strange to me if that is the case.

hibs0666
04-02-2016, 04:03 PM

But you as a pensioner can get to the game for zero cost. So, whilst other adults will pay £35-40 to see the game you will manage it for £25. Not too shabby IMHO.

hibee-boys
04-02-2016, 04:05 PM

I think pricing in general for Scottish football is over priced, for all of us! However, as I mentioned earlier they've obviously decided to reduce the standard ticket price with the expectation that pensioners will be willing (for these one off games) to pay the same adult rate. If they'd charged £35 for an adult ticket and £15 for an oaps there would have also been an uproar, they can't please everybody I guess. I would however say that if anyone is struggling to find another £13 to attend a football game then their financial priorities should lie elsewhere and that should apply to supporters of all ages.

DH1875
04-02-2016, 04:08 PM
5 points or 100 points, there has to be a point in having loyalty points and these guys should be given the chance to buy tickets before any general sale (after ST holders of course).

Albanian Hibs
04-02-2016, 04:08 PM

It's a cup final ffs. I would pay double that to watch Hibs in the final. If it's too expensive for you then don't go. Why does everything on here always turn into a moaning session 🙄🔫

Gmack7
04-02-2016, 04:10 PM
IMO I would only have two "waves", season ticket holders and then general sale.

8,000 season ticket holders with 2 each would still only amount to 16000 even if every season ticket holder took up their second ticket option and lets face It there will be several thousand additional tickets made available after the initial 25,800.

What ever the allocation I don't think there will be a panic over getting a ticket

Seems a decent simple enough option

mim
04-02-2016, 04:11 PM
But you as a pensioner can get to the game for zero cost. So, whilst other adults will pay £35-40 to see the game you will manage it for £25. Not too shabby IMHO.

Are you under the misapprehension that trains are free for pensioners, or are you seriously suggesting that I should get a few buses to Hampden?

Gmack7
04-02-2016, 04:15 PM
Is there a designated family section or are all areas the same for kids prices

EH54
04-02-2016, 04:16 PM
Looks like all areas are the same price this time around

mim
04-02-2016, 04:16 PM
It's a cup final ffs. I would pay double that to watch Hibs in the final. If it's too expensive for you then don't go. Why does everything on here always turn into a moaning session 

That is precisely the type of reply that made me say at the outset that most people wouldn't care.

Jonnyboy
04-02-2016, 04:23 PM
It's a cup final ffs. I would pay double that to watch Hibs in the final. If it's too expensive for you then don't go. Why does everything on here always turn into a moaning session 🙄🔫

Unfair and uncalled for IMO. Pensioners have a limited income and so it's a fair point to raise. I can think of no reason why the category of concessions applied by Hibs for a game at ER shouldn't be available for this game.

Archie89
04-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Is there a designated family section or are all areas the same for kids prices

I hope there will be. My young son was nearly put off for life during the 4-3 falkirk semi when there was no designated family section. . The fighting, arguing and general idiotic behaviour of a few around us had him terrified.

EH54
04-02-2016, 04:26 PM
Personally i think it is shocking that they don't have concession prices and would go as far as to offer discounted tickets for unemployed and low earners however that's a different issue altogether. mim has a point, a point that shouldn't exist in the first place

JimBHibees
04-02-2016, 04:28 PM
Unfair and uncalled for IMO. Pensioners have a limited income and so it's a fair point to raise. I can think of no reason why the category of concessions applied by Hibs for a game at ER shouldn't be available for this game.

Completely agree. Dont understand it if that isnt the case.

hibs0666
04-02-2016, 04:28 PM
Are you under the misapprehension that trains are free for pensioners, or are you seriously suggesting that I should get a few buses to Hampden?

Going from Kirkcaldy then you can get a bus straight to Glasgow. There's a X27 leaving Kirkcaldy at 11:35, arriving into Glasgow at Half One. You then have plenty time to get down to Hampden on any number of buses from there.

After the game there's a bus at 18:00 that gets you back into Kirkcaldy at 8.

Those times look absolutely perfect for your day out at Hampden and, at zero cost, it means that the cost your day out is considerably lower than for other adults. :thumbsup:

Andy74
04-02-2016, 04:29 PM

I think it's a bit of a generalisation that pensioners have limited income. Same can be said of adults. Not all have a decent income.

Jonnyboy
04-02-2016, 04:32 PM
I think it's a bit of a generalisation that pensioners have limited income. Same can be said of adults. Not all have a decent income.

Yep many pensioners have loads of dosh right enough 😉

Edit: Bloody phone is useless or maybe it's me :greengrin

I meant to add that it seems a logical assumption to make that mim ain't raising this for anything other than having good reason to

hibee-boys
04-02-2016, 04:33 PM
I hope there will be. My young son was nearly put off for life during the 4-3 falkirk semi when there was no designated family section. . The fighting, arguing and general idiotic behaviour of a few around us had him terrified.

I think you'll find that there is no guarantee of any better behaviour in the family section based on previous experience!

Pete
04-02-2016, 04:35 PM

:agree:

Most pensioners I know are minted.

Real Emerald
04-02-2016, 04:37 PM
I'm surprised there's no price structure for different groups and I think the tickets are expensive if there isn't. It seems strange there's no family ticket or no cheaper tickets for considerably worse seats behind the goals. It won't put me off as I'll get a good seat and can afford it but I can see it taking considerable numbers off the gate for the people who may have been tempted to take the family but have second thoughts when adding it all up.

There may still be more to come out before they go on sale but I can't see it selling out at these prices.

Onceinawhile
04-02-2016, 04:39 PM
I think you'll find that there is no guarantee of any better behaviour in the family section based on previous experience!

Indeed. I'm fairly certain there was a family section at that game (£5 a kid rings a bell) but because the tickets were cheaper it also attracted a number of numpties.

Archie89
04-02-2016, 04:39 PM

Aye i know what you're saying, also experienced this in family sections but generally less extreme. A group of lads or whatever having a day out on the bevy looking for their version of "atmosphere" are less likely to buy tickets in a family section if there is one.

Archie89
04-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Indeed. I'm fairly certain there was a family section at that game (£5 a kid rings a bell) but because the tickets were cheaper it also attracted a number of numpties.

It was cheap for kids but anyone could buy anywhere in the east at those prices (15 and 5). Where as at the celtic final there was a section which you could only buy tickets in if you were buying a child ticket within your group.

mim
04-02-2016, 05:25 PM

This is true, but completely misses the point that the pricing structure for football had always included pensioner concessions. Are you suggesting this should be done away with, because others are also on low incomes?

Andy74
04-02-2016, 05:31 PM
This is true, but completely misses the point that the pricing structure for football had always included pensioner concessions. Are you suggesting this should be done away with, because others are also on low incomes?

The way thing have always been change sometimes.

I'd do away with it. Plenty pensioners out there on very decent public sector and final salary pensions.

You get poorer pensioners, you get poorer working age adults too.

lucky
04-02-2016, 05:42 PM
The ticket price has been set. £25 is a bit steep for pensioners but you could look at the great value you get at every Hibs home game. I hope no older fan misses out but if there's an issue in sure .net can come up with a solution

Albanian Hibs
04-02-2016, 05:43 PM

Yip and have more money than me!

HH81
04-02-2016, 05:45 PM
You can't put a price on a good time.

Prices are fine.

andrew70
04-02-2016, 05:53 PM
The ticket price has been set. £25 is a bit steep for pensioners but you could look at the great value you get at every Hibs home game. I hope no older fan misses out but if there's an issue in sure .net can come up with a solution

Yeah if there's any genuine issues with not being able to pay for their ticket then I'd happily chip in to help out.

I know how much my late grandad would have loved to attend this game so if there are issues then count me in to help out.

Lancs Harp
04-02-2016, 05:57 PM
From my own point of view the £25 for a match ticket is a relative small percentage of the weekend cost.

Transport from Blackpool to Glasgow and back, Saturday night out and stop over in Glaschu, plenty of pop etc etc etc.

Not going to be cheap but as someone posted what price these memories.

Stuarty27
04-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Lets hope they do unlimited for season ticket holders.

Means folk can sit beside family friends etc.

J-C
05-02-2016, 12:36 AM
Lets hope they do unlimited for season ticket holders.

Means folk can sit beside family friends etc.

This would be the best option, days like this becomes a family and friends affair when everyone who can't get to games as regularly get the chance of a big special day out.

Super_JMcGinn
05-02-2016, 09:12 AM
This would be the best option, days like this becomes a family and friends affair when everyone who can't get to games as regularly get the chance of a big special day out.
Bang on, and just reward for loyalty in supporting the club when many have abandoned them. :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-02-2016, 09:21 AM
Just reward for people that dinnae go very often that know a season ticket holder you mean? ;-)

Super_JMcGinn
05-02-2016, 09:31 AM
Just reward for people that dinnae go very often that know a season ticket holder you mean? ;-)
We all know everyone is guaranteed a ticket, why not reward season ticket holders ?

H1b3rnian
05-02-2016, 09:40 AM
Can't complain with that. We were paying £23 a few seasons ago to go to Motherwell on a Freezing cold night. Well played :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-02-2016, 11:08 AM
We all know everyone is guaranteed a ticket, why not reward season ticket holders ?

Is it not a case of rewarding their pals? I may not be particularly serious here.

marinello59
05-02-2016, 11:12 AM
Is it not a case of rewarding their pals? I may not be particularly serious here.

I don't care if you are serious or not, I'm going to work myself in to a rage and chuck my laptop out of the window anyway.

Jay
05-02-2016, 11:13 AM

They did - by spending our ST money on the players who got us to the final.

Sergey
05-02-2016, 07:37 PM

You folks posting and replying to mim have it easy, I had to listen to him crying incessantly into his guinea fowl tagine last night while dining with him at Quinn's.

In saying that, the moaning old git was good company and it's a pity he couldn't stay for Pierre's menu for World Nutella Day.

Jonnyboy
05-02-2016, 09:49 PM

The way thing have always been change sometimes.

I'd do away with it. Plenty pensioners out there on very decent public sector and final salary pensions.

You get poorer pensioners, you get poorer working age adults too.

More generalisations :greengrin

In my job I see pensioners every day and I can assure you they are not sitting on piles of cash

Billy Whizz
05-02-2016, 10:10 PM

In my job I see pensioners every day and I can assure you they are not sitting on piles

Edit

mim
05-02-2016, 10:46 PM
You folks posting and replying to mim have it easy, I had to listen to him crying incessantly into his guinea fowl tagine last night while dining with him at Quinn's.

In saying that, the moaning old git was good company and it's a pity he couldn't stay for Pierre's menu for World Nutella Day.

It was a good night, Sergey.
In Your Face Theatre company is superb and that was a great production of Trainspotting.

Now, let me get back to moaning about ticket prices for pensioners.

Jonnyboy
05-02-2016, 10:47 PM
Edit

:tee hee:

You're a bad man :greengrin

Pete
05-02-2016, 10:48 PM

In my job I see pensioners every day and I can assure you they are not sitting on piles of cash

That's because it's all under their mattresses.

iwasthere1972
05-02-2016, 10:48 PM
Edit

:greengrin

StevieBoyKdy
06-02-2016, 11:59 AM
.net running a bus, or does anyone know who I can contact who is running a bus preferably to a boozer that is allowing the bairns in.

IanM
06-02-2016, 12:16 PM
.net running a bus, or does anyone know who I can contact who is running a bus preferably to a boozer that is allowing the bairns in.

If imagine 4 in hand and the office (Andy back on Monday) but not sure of the plans when arriving

StevieBoyKdy
06-02-2016, 03:37 PM
If imagine 4 in hand and the office (Andy back on Monday) but not sure of the plans when arriving

Thanks bud. I'll keep an eye out. Or How do I approach these guys.

dchibs
06-02-2016, 03:46 PM
.net running a bus, or does anyone know who I can contact who is running a bus preferably to a boozer that is allowing the bairns in.Im looking for transport for four to Hampden also,got picked up at Deer park Livingston the last time.

wearethehibs
06-02-2016, 06:07 PM
Hearing a bunch of sad twats have disrupted a group of supporters plans for this.

Should be ashamed of themselves.

Hibee family aye

matty_f
06-02-2016, 06:09 PM
Hearing a bunch of sad twats have disrupted a group of supporters plans for this.

Hibee family aye

The club have had multiple emails from different folk about it?

Pete
06-02-2016, 06:11 PM

Hibee family aye

Go on....

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-02-2016, 06:11 PM

Hibee family aye

Care to elaborate?

IanM
06-02-2016, 06:13 PM
Thanks bud. I'll keep an eye out. Or How do I approach these guys.

I suppose it's if and how many buses they get! But I know the office it's just put your name down. I'll update when I hear more. Not sure if the office have already started to get a bus or that but I'll ask and will jump back on here

IanM
06-02-2016, 06:15 PM
Care to elaborate?

Seen something on Twitter about 100 Hibs.net fans contacting Hibs asking that they allow them all to sit together and it's ruffled a few feathers.

Don't know if that's what they've asked but that's what's doing the rounds

DaveF
06-02-2016, 06:16 PM
Seen something on Twitter about 100 Hibs.net fans contacting Hibs asking that they allow them all to sit together and it's ruffled a few feathers.

Eh, no that's not true. On whose twitter was that as if what you post is correct then someone's just trying to be funny. In a not very funny way :-)

IanM
06-02-2016, 06:18 PM
Eh, no that's not true. On whose twitter was that as if what you post is correct then someone's just trying to be funny. In a not very funny way :-)

Someone retweeted it. I'll check the now. Again, I have no knowledge! Just what I seen on Twitter haha

Ronniekirk
06-02-2016, 06:20 PM

If you don't ask you won't get ,If they have a singing section then they could all ask for tickets for that area ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IanM
06-02-2016, 06:21 PM
In fact! Read it again, Hibs.net have complaine about 100 fans wanting to sit together

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-02-2016, 06:23 PM

Oh right, thought it was going to be something major.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-02-2016, 06:25 PM
In fact! Read it again, Hibs.net have complaine about 100 fans wanting to sit together

At least that would be something to be a bit humpty about right enough.

DaveF
06-02-2016, 06:26 PM
If you don't ask you won't get If they have a singing section then they could all ask for tickets for that area ?

*sigh* More them and us.

This all (probably) stems from the thread on the Bounce where I saw they had contacted the club and had 100 tickets allocated - right now, weeks before public sale - in section D1 of the North Stand. For those who don't know D1, is one the best viewing area's at Hampden.

I posted on the PM board here about it and Jack (who is a regular over there) gave his side of the story as someone who organised it. I didn't agree, but hey, that happens.

I'm not overly fussed about groups being allocated area's but to hand over tickets in the best seating areas before regular Joe Public has a chance to buy - especially when tickets are priced the same and there will be big demand for D1, etc, seemed very unfair to me? And it appears that others large groups could also do the same. It's probably been going on for years at every cup final, who knows.

That's it.

And it's not hibs.net who have complained, no matter what the twitter feeds say. Any opinions I have on it are mine.

Pete
06-02-2016, 06:27 PM

I doubt anyone cares about groups of fans sitting together.

IanM
06-02-2016, 06:28 PM
*sigh* More them and us.

This all (probably) stems from the thread on the Bounce where I saw they had contacted the club and had 100 tickets allocated - right now, weeks before public sale - in section D1 of the North Stand. For those who don't know D1, is one the best viewing area's at Hampden.

I posted on the PM board here about it and Jack (who is a regular over there) gave his side of the story as someone who organised it. I didn't agree, but hey, that happens.

I'm not overly fussed about groups being allocated area's but to hand over the best seating areas before regular Joe Public has a chance to buy - especially when tickets are priced the same and there will be big demand for D1, etc, seemed very unfair to me?

That's it.

And it's not hibs.net who have complained, no matter what the twitter feeds say. Any opinions I have on it are mine.

Haha you know how the internet works! It's actual Hibs.net cretins that have complained. 😂😂
I wish I knew 100 people. Happy with our group of 6 💃🏻

matty_f
06-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Haha you know how the internet works! It's actual Hibs.net cretins that have complained. 😂😂
I wish I knew 100 people. Happy with our group of 6 💃🏻

All of us have complained? How was that coordinated? I've been out all day ffs.

IanM
06-02-2016, 06:33 PM
All of us have complained? How was that coordinated? I've been out all day ffs.

Haha do you have any witness's that you were out??

matty_f
06-02-2016, 06:38 PM
Haha do you have any witness's that you were out??

Aye, but they're all family! :greengrin

HappyHanlon
06-02-2016, 07:11 PM
*sigh* More them and us.

I'm not overly fussed about groups being allocated area's but to hand over tickets in the best seating areas before regular Joe Public has a chance to buy - especially when tickets are priced the same and there will be big demand for D1, etc, seemed very unfair to me? And it appears that others large groups could also do the same. It's probably been going on for years at every cup final, who knows.

That's it.

Don't really see the issue here, they want 100 tickets for D1. It's just a block.

I'll sit in the crappest seats if I have to. I wanna see that cup lifted.

Craig_HFC
06-02-2016, 07:13 PM
*sigh* More them and us.

That's it.

You've literally got no idea what you're talking about.

The Bounce weren't handed any tickets and would have needed to get them when they went on sale, just like everyone else.

If it had been a Hibs.net Block then nobody would have batted an eyelid; on this site or, more importantly, on the Bounce.

Really can't understand why there was a problem with this. The Bounce are running a few buses to the Final and most of them wanted to sit together; like they have done the last 2/3 times at Hampden and also at a few away games (Hamilton in the play-offs springs to mind) so I don't see why this game is any different. Especially considering we'll be getting more tickets for this game than we had in any of the previous games.

Hibs family only when it suits Hibs.net, it seems.

Dashing Bob S
06-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Don't let them sit together - they'll be Yobs plotting mayhem. And as for the pensioners - price those old parasites out of the game on principle.

southfieldhibby
06-02-2016, 07:15 PM
*sigh* More them and us.

That's it.

Did you complain to Hibs about it? I find that incredibly petty if you did. Jamie & co are running 8 buses to the final, helping groups of long standing supporters get to the final and have a good day out. He is also going out of his way to get a block of seats for pals. You must have a pretty bleak existence of you took time out of your day to contact the club to moan about this.

cabbageandribs1875
06-02-2016, 07:17 PM
i've e-mailed the club for a seat on the bench, Tam can sit this one out

matty_f
06-02-2016, 07:21 PM

The Bounce weren't handed any tickets and would have needed to get them when they went on sale, just like everyone else.

If it had been a Hibs.net Block then nobody would have batted an eyelid; on this site or, more importantly, on the Bounce.

Really can't understand why there was a problem with this. The Bounce are running a few buses to the Final and most of them wanted to sit together; like they have done the last 2/3 times at Hampden and also at a few away games (Hamilton in the play-offs springs to mind) so I don't see why this game is any different. Especially considering we'll be getting more tickets for this game than we had in any of the previous games.

Hibs.net made no complaint, as a site we have no view on it. Any email (or emails) sent to anyone at the club were not done so on behalf of, or claiming to be representative of, hibs.net, its members, or the admin team.

Seems like it is ok to fire shots at the hibs family without having facts right.

iwasthere1972
06-02-2016, 07:22 PM

Well I've asked if I could go up and lift the cup. . ..if we win it of course. Don't see why not, I've got loadsa points.

Just waiting on confirmation from Leanne.

Hibby70
06-02-2016, 07:22 PM

If it's the seat next to Kitty it's already booked mate.

CB_NO3
06-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Anyone that complained about the bounce getting tickets together is pathetic. 100 tickets out of 30k? Some folk do really live shan lives.

Craig_HFC
06-02-2016, 07:24 PM
Hibs.net made no complaint, as a site we have no view on it. Any email (or emails) sent to anyone at the club were not done so on behalf of, or claiming to be representative of, hibs.net, its members, or the admin team.

Seems like it is ok to fire shots at the hibs family without having facts right.

Okay fine. But do you disagree that if the shoe was on the other foot that there would be folk on the Bounce moaning about a 'Hibs.net Block'? I certainly don't think there would be.

I agree with southfieldhibby; whoever has complained about this must have a very boring and pretty miserable existence!

Eyrie
06-02-2016, 07:24 PM
I don't have enough loyalty points to be in the first wave of ticket sales, but I think I'll email the club and ask them to reserve a seat of my choosing for the second wave.

DaveF
06-02-2016, 07:27 PM

Eh OK.

I only read what was on the Bounce thread which was "Have contacted Hibs regarding this and we have been given 100 tickets for North Block D1" and that's why I thought it was worthy of discussion?

So is Jamie lying to Bounce members or have the tickets been granted?

I'll say it again, I've no problem in having groups sit together but if the above is true then giving seats over in a prime area before a public sale isn't on IMO.

Pete
06-02-2016, 07:29 PM
Okay fine. But do you disagree that if the shoe was on the other foot that there would be folk on the Bounce moaning about a 'Hibs.net Block'? I certainly don't think there would be.

I agree with southfieldhibby; whoever has complained about this must have a very boring and pretty miserable existence!

What's your point?

Maybe "the bounce" would have seen what they had done and tried to do exactly the same? How do you know that didn't happen in this case?

marinello59
06-02-2016, 07:29 PM
If it's the seat next to Kitty it's already booked mate.

I've booked the same seat as Kitty. :greengrin

matty_f
06-02-2016, 07:30 PM
And on the subject of the hibs family when it suits... What's hibs family about constantly slating this site (taliban.net etc) constantly?

When it suits, right enough.

I couldn't care who wamts to sit where, in fact, if groups can sit together and that can be accommodated then i think that's a good thing.

****ing nonsense the mud that's getting flung at hibs.net on here and elsewhere on the back of someone, somewhere deciding that hibs.net has spoken. What a load of ****ing pish.

HappyHanlon
06-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Eh OK.

I only read what was on the Bounce thread which was "Have contacted Hibs regarding this and we have been given 100 tickets for North Block D1" and that's why I thought it was worthy of discussion?

I'll say it again, I've no problem in having groups sit together but if the above is true then giving seats over in a prime area before a public sale isn't on IMO.

It's a block of seats FFS!!!!!!!!!!

DaveF
06-02-2016, 07:33 PM
It's a block of seats FFS!!!!!!!!!!

Right, we know that. Ta :greengrin

JimBHibees
Eh OK.

Totally agree. If seats have been allocated prior to everyone else as that comment suggests completely not right. Nothing wrong with groups getting together and being proactive however preferential treatment shouldn't happen.

matty_f

I think that if hibs.net - you know, the mouthpiece for the board, the sycophants, the admins that are all in the club's pocket, that hibs.net - had been given 100 tickets before they were on sale, there'd have been all sorts of pish about it.

southfieldhibby
06-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Eh OK.

That stand holds 10,000 folk, Jamie arranged for 100 seats to be sold on a block to folk who qualified on the 1st tranche. 1% of 1 stand. Making it easy for that group, easier for the ticket office and generally a decent thing to do. Obviously he doesn't actually have the tickets yet, I doubt they're printed yet.

No one was jumping a queue, it was just making life easy. I seriously doubt anyone from the 1st tranche would miss out on a north stand ticket if that's where they wanted due to this arrangement. But you've put the kybosh on that with an act of fuddery rarely seen between fellow supporters. Well done you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since1875Hibs
06-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Silly spoil sports. Apologies for trying to organise an atmosphere.

marinello59
06-02-2016, 07:38 PM
That stand holds 10,000 folk, Jamie arranged for 100 seats to be sold on a block to folk who qualified on the 1st tranche. 1% of 1 stand. Making it easy for that group, easier for the ticket office and generally a decent thing to do. Obviously he doesn't actually have the tickets yet, I doubt they're printed yet.

No one was jumping a queue, it was just making life easy. I seriously doubt anyone from the 1st tranche would miss out on a north stand ticket if that's where they wanted due to this arrangement. But you've put the kybosh on that with an act of fuddery rarely seen between fellow supporters. Well done you.

I can't read the Bounce. Are they not getting to block book or are they simply not being guaranteed where that block booking is?

Craig_HFC
What's your point?

Maybe "the bounce" would have seen what they had done and tried to do exactly the same? How do you know that didn't happen in this case?

I'm not sure what you're saying here?

DaveF

Not me, but you crack on regardless.

And you won't have read the PM board thread but Jack stated that this type of block booking also happens with other large supporters groups. So just how much of the best seats go this way?

Since1875Hibs
Could organise your own as well? Hibs are very supportive and go out their way to help groups of supporters.

Since1875Hibs
06-02-2016, 07:40 PM

And you won't have read the PM board thread but Jack stated that this type of block booking also happens with other large supporters groups. So just how much of the best seats go this way?

If we decide F7 behind the goals is more suitable would that get your blessing?

DaveF
06-02-2016, 07:41 PM
If we decide F7 behind the goals is more suitable would that get your blessing?

Go there if you like.

Answer me this, honestly.

Do you think you - just because you are part of a group - should get the best seats ahead of anyone else?

HappyHanlon
06-02-2016, 07:42 PM
Go there if you like.

Do you think you - just because you are part of a group - should get the best seats ahead of anyone else?

How are they the best seats?

Pete
06-02-2016, 07:43 PM
I'm not sure what you're saying here?

How do you know other groups, such as those who run buses, didn't read the bounce and contact hibs regarding doing the same? Maybe they used their initiative and decided they also wanted to sit together.

:dunno:

matty_f
Silly spoil sports. Apologies for trying to organise an atmosphere.

Who are the spoilsports?

southfieldhibby

So you didn't complain to Hibs?

Since1875Hibs
Go there if you like.

My view is there is zero favouritism and if you want to all sit together you just ask.

Corporate seats are usually the best view.

Pete
06-02-2016, 07:44 PM

They are on the halfway line.

DaveF
06-02-2016, 07:44 PM
So you didn't complain to Hibs?

Nope

Craig_HFC
06-02-2016, 07:45 PM
How do you know other groups, such as those who run buses, didn't read the bounce and contact hibs regarding doing the same? Maybe they used their initiative and decided they also wanted to sit together.

:dunno:

Well then I wouldn't have a problem with that either. If I did then I'd be a hypocrite.

Btw, I'm not even part of the Bounce block so I've not got a horse in this race. Just giving my opinion because I really can't understand why someone would complain to the Club about it.

DaveF

Slap bang on half way.

You can answer my question now.

HappyHanlon
They are on the halfway line.

Don't really see the deal with where you sit? As long as you get a ticket and can see the match, whats the problem?

Craig_HFC
06-02-2016, 07:46 PM
Slap bang on half way.

There are far more than 100 seats in that section though; isn't there?

If the Bounce had been 'allocated' a block booking behind the goals then would you have a problem with it?

easty
06-02-2016, 07:47 PM

I think you're right about that, everyone will get a ticket there, so with that in mind...why should anyone jump the queue, which of course was what it was. It makes it easier, but only for those who jump the queue. It doesn't make it easier for anyone else.

I don't have a problem with them asking, if you don't ask you don't get, but they should have been told they had to wait until the sale. Why shouldn't they have to wait?

You call it an act of fuddery, but it's less of an act of fuddery, in my opinion, than thinking you're somekind of special fan who doesn't need to wait for tickets like other people do.

Pete
06-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Well then I wouldn't have a problem with that either. If I did then I'd be a hypocrite.

Btw, I'm not even part of the Bounce block so I've not got a horse in this race. Just giving my opinion because I really can't understand why someone would complain to the Club about it.

Maybe the club thought that word would spread, block booking requests would become the norm for large groups and it would be too much hassle. I doubt anyone "complained".

HappyHanlon
06-02-2016, 07:49 PM
Slap bang on half way.

Given that i'm not as bothered with seating as you appear to be, why shouldn't you allocate a block booking? You're the one getting hot under the collar about where people sit? Are you saying that had they picked another block, you wouldn't be complaining?

I think you would be.

DaveF
06-02-2016, 07:49 PM

If the Bounce had been 'allocated' a block booking behind the goals then would you have a problem with it?

No, I wouldn't as the view there is far worse, hence why I think it's unfair that any group would get a block in the North before a general sale.

Pete
06-02-2016, 07:50 PM

That's the only slight problem with it as far as I can see.

easty
06-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Go there if you like.

It's no much different from a group of 100 people rocking up to the ticket office, sauntering past the queues and going right to the front, then telling everyone "dinnae worry, there will still be tickets for yous".

Dub
06-02-2016, 07:51 PM
No, I wouldn't as the view there is far worse, hence why I think it's unfair that any group would get a block in the North before a general sale.

Moaning about 100 tickets out of an allocation of 30,000+ seems a bit petty to me.

Craig_HFC
06-02-2016, 07:52 PM
Maybe the club thought that word would spread, block booking requests would become the norm for large groups and it would be too much hassle.I doubt anyone "complained".

Doesn't seem to have become the norm considering the Bounce have done this the last 3 (maybe 4) times we've been at Hampden and numerous other games since (most recently being last week at Tynecastle).

JimBHibees
06-02-2016, 07:52 PM

:faf::faf:

Sergey
06-02-2016, 07:53 PM

Sorry to deflect away from the subject being discussed, but your reply cements how ****ty a national stadium we have, where we will probably be granted 75% of the ground and only 25% of those seats have decent viewing.

Ronniekirk
06-02-2016, 07:54 PM
So is there a singing section or not ? And what's the maximum block booking you can make think I might see if the West of Scotland Branch and hangers on can sit together and each block booking can have their own supporters flag to add to the atmosphere One big happy Hibs family roaring their Team on

Since1875Hibs
06-02-2016, 07:55 PM
It's no much different from a group of 100 people rocking up to the ticket office, sauntering past the queues and going right to the front, then telling everyone "dinnae worry, there will still be tickets for yous".

Its still based on loyalty points, so no skipping.

Super_JMcGinn
06-02-2016, 07:55 PM
I agree totally. No group should be allowed to obtain some of the best seats before anyone else, it's just plain wrong. If they all have the relevant points they will easily get a block of 100 in the first wave.

DaveF
06-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Moaning about 100 tickets out of an allocation of 30,000+ seems a bit petty to me.

It's the location and pre-booking not the number which is annoying but then you know that don't you :agree:

JimBHibees
06-02-2016, 07:56 PM

That's exactly what it is.

Squealing pig
06-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Great idea getting seats together

Dub
06-02-2016, 08:00 PM
It's the location and pre-booking not the number which is annoying but then you know that don't you :agree:

We've had loads of block bookings and nobody has bothered to complain about it before. Why now? It reeks of jealousy because we might have had better seats than you. Why not get a .net block booking instead of stopping others from having one.

cabbageandribs1875
06-02-2016, 08:01 PM
if i cant pre-book a block of seats(for three) i swear i'l do time, i really mean it this time

Pete
06-02-2016, 08:03 PM
Doesn't seem to have become the norm considering the Bounce have done this the last 3 (maybe 4) times we've been at Hampden and numerous other games since (most recently being last week at Tynecastle).

That's the only thing I can think of as I doubt anyone would just complain without asking for a similar deal regarding a group of seats.

Are hibs stopping the bounce block booking any seats at all or are they simply not offering them D1 any more?

Super_JMcGinn
06-02-2016, 08:03 PM
We've had loads of block bookings and nobody has bothered to complain about it before. Why now? It reeks of jealousy because we might have had better seats than you. Why not get a .net block booking instead of stopping others from having one.
Lot's of groups would love to get a block booking, what gives you or anyone the right to one ? As easty says, it's like walking to front of the queue, how the hell can that be fair ?

Craig_HFC
06-02-2016, 08:04 PM
That's the only thing I can think of as I doubt anyone would just complain without asking for a similar deal regarding a group of seats.

Are hibs stopping the bounce block booking any seats at all or are they simply not offering them D1 any more?

No idea; seems to be 'on hold' just now.

Going by Jamie's post on the Bounce then it seems like someone has contacted the Club to complain about it.

DaveF
06-02-2016, 08:04 PM

I never read the bounce and only went over the other night to see if it was still open :wink: and saw it. No idea it had been happening for years.

This site isn't interested in a block booking or in stopping others, but again you choose to ignore the point about it being the best viewing seats in the North supposedly allocated. That's my only gripe. Having been to Hampden plenty times before and suffered rubbish views, you'll know it's much better to be in North or South.

Craig_HFC
06-02-2016, 08:06 PM
I never read the bounce and only went over the other night to see if it was still open :wink: and saw it. No idea it had been happening for years.

This site isn't interested in a block booking or in stopping others, but again you choose to ignore the point about it being the best viewing seats in the North supposedly allocated. That's my only gripe. Having been to Hampden plenty times before and suffered rubbish views, you'll know it's much better to be in North or South.

And you seem to be ignoring the point that there are far, far more than 100 seats in section D1, but then you know that don't you. :agree:

Dub
06-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Lot's of groups would love to get a block booking, what gives you or anyone the right to one ? As easty says, it's like walking to front of the queue, how the hell can that be fair ?

Lots of groups should apply then. As I said, we have done it before and nobody complained about it. It's petty. Plus, we don't actually have any tickets. They havent been printed yet. Doubtless the request for a load of us to it together will be turned down now so that at least should make you happy.

Dub
06-02-2016, 08:09 PM

And you are ignoring the point that there are plenty more seats in that section and that you are being petty by complaining to the club. What next, complain to the club if they sell someone 20 seats in a part of the stadium you wanted to be in? Honestly mate you're making a mountain out of a molehill. The Hibees family eh.

Since1875Hibs
06-02-2016, 08:10 PM

Front ten rows of F1 for us, what's your problem with that?

Super_JMcGinn
06-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Lots of groups should apply then. As I said, we have done it before and nobody complained about it. It's petty. Plus, we don't actually have any tickets. They havent been printed yet. Doubtless the request for a load of us to it together will be turned down now so that at least should make you happy.

Petty? are you serious? get a bloody grip. Supposing you weren't in this priviliged group and got seats behind the goals, would you be happy? Why should anyone get preferential treatment. There is a system in place, which I'm not happy about either. I think season ticket holders should get priority, but I'm having to abide by the decision. On second thoughts I will be in touch with the club first thing Monday morning to see if me and my group of 16 can sit together.

marinello59
06-02-2016, 08:14 PM

I doubt that.

Dub
It's the clubs mantra is it not?

matty_f
Petty? are you serious? get a bloody grip. Supposing you weren't in this priviliged group and got seats behind the goals, would you be happy? Why should anyone get preferential treatment. There is a system in place, which I'm not happy about either. I think season ticket holders should get priority, but I'm having to abide by the decision. On second thoughts I will be in touch with the club first thing Monday morning to see if me and my group of 16 can sit together.
Season ticket holders do have priority, by the way.

Dub
06-02-2016, 08:16 PM

I wouldn't get myself up to ninety about it no. I don't need to get a grip either, I'm just not as petty as some appear to be. It's sour grapes, I remember that as a kid "Mum, he got more juice than me" And, I have been to Hampden and not been in a block booking so it's nowt to do with me being included in that.

EDIT: Yep you should do just that and all of your friends can sit together, think how nice that will be.

Super_JMcGinn
06-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Season ticket holders do have priority, by the way.
No they don't. The first wave is set at 90 points.

Pete
06-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Gather 50 ref numbers, get someone to buy 100 tickets then you have a block booking in the same section surely.

Problem solved?

:confused:

marinello59
06-02-2016, 08:18 PM
No they don't. The first wave is set at 90 points.

Which is the total for half season tickets who have always enjoyed priority in the past.

Super_JMcGinn
06-02-2016, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't get myself up to ninety about it no. I don't need to get a grip either, I'm just not as petty as some appear to be. It's sour grapes, I remember that as a kid 2Mum, he got more juice than me" And, I have been to Hampden and not been in a block booking so it's nowt to do with me being included in that.
Sour grapes that you are allocated tickets before anyone else? yeah, I should lighten up right enough. I only have 510 loyalty points I don't deserve to be treated fairly.

Dub
06-02-2016, 08:20 PM
Sour grapes that you are allocated tickets before anyone else? yeah, I should lighten up right enough. I only have 510 loyalty points I don't deserve to be treated fairly.

At least we agree on one thing :wink:

Ronniekirk

But your brining rangers fans so you Defo won't get a preferential block booking green grin

DaveF
And you seem to be ignoring the point that there are far, far more than 100 seats in section D1, but then you know that don't you. :agree:

Nope, I'm well aware of that, it's obvious.

It's the fact these are apparently being pre-allocated which is an issue. If they are not pre-allocated then no issue.

Super_JMcGinn
06-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Which is the total for half season tickets who have always enjoyed priority in the past.
You could quite easily have amassed 90 points without a half season ticket.

marinello59
06-02-2016, 08:21 PM
You could quite easily have amassed 90 points without a half season ticket.

True. But the point remains, ST holders have priority. Along with others. :greengrin

DaveF
06-02-2016, 08:22 PM
And you are ignoring the point that there are plenty more seats in that section and that you are being petty by complaining to the club. What next, complain to the club if they sell someone 20 seats in a part of the stadium you wanted to be in? Honestly mate you're making a mountain out of a molehill. The Hibees family eh.

See if you keep saying it long enough it becomes true :rolleyes:

easty
06-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Who even has 99 mates that they're so desperate to be seated right beside anyway? Such a close knit wolfpack that it'd affect thier enjoyment of a Hibs cup final if they weren't sat with all 99 of them?

DaveF
06-02-2016, 08:23 PM
Front ten rows of F1 for us, what's your problem with that?

Crack on. Have fun :thumbsup:

Dub
See if you keep saying it long enough it becomes true :rolleyes:

It's already true :greengrin

Super_JMcGinn
True. But the point remains, ST holders have priority. Along with others. :greengrin
It's the along with others bit that I'm not happy with, but that's life.

marinello59
06-02-2016, 08:24 PM
Who even has 99 mates that they're so desperate to be seated right beside anyway? Such a close knit wolfpack that it'd affect thier enjoyment of a Hibs cup final if they weren't sat with all 99 of them?

That's the thing that confuses me. :greengrin

easty
06-02-2016, 08:24 PM
It's the along with others bit that I'm not happy with, but that's life.

thats what all the people say.

DaveF
06-02-2016, 08:25 PM
It's already true :greengrin

Oh I know, but I was hated by the Bounce long before this :greengrin

Dub
06-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Oh I know, but I was hated by the Bounce long before this :greengrin

If it's any consolation, I don't hate you

matty_f
06-02-2016, 08:26 PM
If it's any consolation, I don't hate you

Give it time... :greengrin

Dub
06-02-2016, 08:28 PM
Give it time... :greengrin

Ha ha. I've just noticed his legend is resident moaning git :greengrin

brianmc
06-02-2016, 08:36 PM
Let's see if I've got this right. Hibs have been INITIALLY allocated a number of tickets that's 3 times the amount of fans that regularly attend Easter Road. Some of those fans have requested that they be able to purchase a block of tickets (in an area as yet undetermined)to enable them to sit together(a hundred seems to be the number quoted), to create a 'singing section' to back the team and some other fans have cried to the Club that's it's not fair because that might be the seats that they want to sit in???
Dearie,dearie me. How ****in sad is that?

matty_f
06-02-2016, 08:38 PM
Let's see if I've got this right. Hibs have been INITIALLY allocated a number of tickets that's 3 times the amount of fans that regularly attend Easter Road. Some of those fans have requested that they be able to purchase a block of tickets (in an area as yet undetermined)to enable them to sit together(a hundred seems to be the number quoted), to create a 'singing section' to back the team and some other fans have cried to the Club that's it's not fair because that might be the seats that they want to sit in???

Not 'some' other fans. From what i gather one fan contacted the club.

One.

JeMeSouviens
06-02-2016, 08:41 PM
thats what all the people say.

Aw naw, shot down in May ... again! :-(

marinello59
06-02-2016, 08:41 PM

I don't think anybody has a problem with that. It wasn't a singing section either.

Super_JMcGinn
06-02-2016, 08:42 PM

One.
Make that 2 come Monday morning, and I will endeavour to get as many people as I can to follow suit.

Mr White
06-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Aw naw, shot down in May ... again! :-(

Aye but if we're riding high in april it'll perhaps be with the league cup in the bag :greengrin

matty_f
06-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Make that 2 come Monday morning, and I will endeavour to get as many people as I can to follow suit.

Really?? You're a wind-up merchant, surely!?

brianmc
06-02-2016, 08:45 PM

One.

I presume he/she did this on behalf of the 'some' other fans?
It's be pretty messy if every single one of the 'hundred' were trying to contact the Club to ask the same question, no?

Based on your response above I gather that you have some issue/problem/personal gripe with this 'one' person?

Super_JMcGinn
06-02-2016, 08:48 PM
You agree that tickets should be allocated to certain groups before they officially go on sale to those deemed priority? I certainly don't and will be complaining.

cabbageandribs1875
06-02-2016, 08:50 PM

will your sevco pals be upset if they dont get to pick the seats they want :cb

southfieldhibby
06-02-2016, 08:56 PM

Get your Hun pals on on the act too, seems you'd prefer to sit with them anyway.

matty_f
06-02-2016, 08:59 PM
I presume he/she did this on behalf of the 'some' other fans?
It's be pretty messy if every single one of the 'hundred' were trying to contact the Club to ask the same question, no?

Based on your response above I gather that you have some issue/problem/personal gripe with this 'one' person?

They didn't do it on behalf of anyone, as far as i know. I don't have a gripe with anyone, be that those wanting to book tickets, or those that think it's unfair. That's their prerogative, life's too short to have gripes about that stuff.

I had a gripe earlier with the whole of hibs.net getting blamed for something that wasn't anything to do with hibs.net - that was bull****. Then i realised that life was too short to have a gripe about that as well.

Hiber-nation
06-02-2016, 09:00 PM
You agree that tickets should be allocated to certain groups before they officially go on sale to those deemed priority? I certainly don't and will be complaining.

I don't think you will be.

matty_f
06-02-2016, 09:01 PM

No, it doesn't register high enough on my bothered-about-ometer for me to care about it. I'll get a ticket beside folk i love, in amongst tens of thousands of Hibees (and, unfortunately, two huns). I couldn't care less about folk sitting together.

brianmc
06-02-2016, 09:04 PM

Could be wrong but I think you'll find all those that were trying to organise the Bounce block qualify in the first wave of priority ticket sales.
No huns involved though.

brianmc
06-02-2016, 09:05 PM
They didn't do it on behalf of anyone, as far as i know. I don't have a gripe with anyone, be that those wanting to book tickets, or those that think it's unfair. That's their prerogative, life's too short to have gripes about that stuff.

I had a gripe earlier with the whole of hibs.net getting blamed for something that wasn't anything to do with hibs.net - that was bull****. Then i realised that life was too short to have a gripe about that as well.

Fair enough.

Super_JMcGinn
06-02-2016, 09:06 PM
No, it doesn't register high enough on my bothered-about-ometer for me to care about it. I'll get a ticket beside folk i love, in amongst tens of thousands of Hibees (and, unfortunately, two huns). I couldn't care less about folk sitting together.
It's not the people sitting together that I care about, it would be great if we could all sit with our family and friends at the match. What I think is totally unfair that this group have, and are being given priority over Joe Bloggs.
As has been pointed out, they are amongst the best seats, and why couldn't they wait like everyone else before they go on sale. They could easily get their 100 seats together.

Super_JMcGinn
06-02-2016, 09:09 PM
Could be wrong but I think you'll find all those that were trying to organise the Bounce block qualify in the first wave of priority ticket sales.
No huns involved though.
Well if that's the case why not wait until public sale like everyone else ? Online ticketing allow block bookings, why isn't this cosy group grouped together that way, they wouldn't even have to queue like normal fans.

brianmc
06-02-2016, 09:10 PM
It's not the people sitting together that I care about, it would be great if we could all sit with our family and friends at the match. What I think is totally unfair that this group have, and are being given priority over Joe Bloggs.
As has been pointed out, they are amongst the best seats, and why couldn't they wait like everyone else before they go on sale. They could easily get their 100 seats together.
You seem to be deliberately ignoring the fact that NO SEATS have been pre allocated to anyone.
But feel free to keep posting it till it becomes FACT

marinello59
06-02-2016, 09:10 PM

I don't think that's the case. Somebody may have jumped the gun and suggested something was happening which wasn't so really nothing much to see any more.

brianmc
06-02-2016, 09:11 PM
In other news I hear we're signing Leigh Griffiths for £150k

Ronniekirk
06-02-2016, 09:14 PM

I was winding things up ,but don't think Gail is Matty This is starting to get too petty am bowing out ,as I already have a guaranteed ticket in the Debenture section from a kind Celtic Fan I know ,but confident I will get seats together for my family ,so will end up donating this ticket to Suzy for someone that can't afford to buy a ticket

Super_JMcGinn
06-02-2016, 09:15 PM
I don't think that's the case. Somebody may have jumped the gun and suggested something was happening which wasn't so really nothing much to see any more.
If it's not the case then I have egg on my face as well as runny mascara :greengrin I did see someone post that it has gone on before, and as recently as last week.

marinello59
06-02-2016, 09:17 PM
If it's not the case then I have egg on my face as well as runny mascara :greengrin I did see someone post that it has gone on before, and as recently as last week.

I have no idea what has gone on before. Somebody may have but the rest of us will probably never know. :greengrin

jonty
06-02-2016, 09:28 PM
You seem to be deliberately ignoring the fact that NO SEATS have been pre allocated to anyone.
According to the post http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?307106-Official-Site-CUP-FINAL-TICKET-PRICES-ANNOUNCED&p=4574561&viewfull=1#post4574561 the tickets had been allocated?

Perhaps a block had been requested (and then denied) leaving egg on face?

I'd be surprised if the club were to backtrack on something that's been standard procedure for groups for years, because of one person emailing the club.

Dashing Bob S
06-02-2016, 09:50 PM
I know for a FACT that those 100 seats have been allocated. All to sex offender Hearts supporters who are being let out of Saughton Prison especially for this game.

The admins on this site should have a good, long, hard at themselves in the mirror.

matty_f
06-02-2016, 09:53 PM
According to the post http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?307106-Official-Site-CUP-FINAL-TICKET-PRICES-ANNOUNCED&p=4574561&viewfull=1#post4574561 the tickets had been allocated?

Perhaps a block had been requested (and then denied) leaving egg on face?

I'd be surprised if the club were to backtrack on something that's been standard procedure for groups for years, because of one person emailing the club.

I think the original post on the bounce confirmed that they had been allocated a specific section, but i can't confirm as (presumably for being an admin on deniers-of-free-speech taliban.net) i was banned this evening. :greengrin

Reminds me of an Alanis Morrisette song.

matty_f
06-02-2016, 09:54 PM
I know for a FACT that those 100 seats have been allocated. All to sex offender Hearts supporters who are being let out of Saughton Prison especially for this game.

The admins on this site should have a good, long, hard at themselves in the mirror.

Frankly , Robert, i don't know how i will live with the guilt.

DaveF
06-02-2016, 09:55 PM

That's a bit of a harsh description of bounce posters.

Ronniekirk
06-02-2016, 09:56 PM
I think the original post on the bounce confirmed that they had been allocated a specific section, but i can't confirm as (presumably for being an admin on deniers-of-free-speech taliban.net) i was banned this evening. :greengrin

Reminds me of an Alanis Morrisette song.

A little bit Ironic ,don't you think :agree:

oconnors_strip
06-02-2016, 11:13 PM

Many supporters clubs get group bookings of tickets for away matches so they can all sit beside each other. Someone takes names and money and contacts the ticket office who allocate the seats and rows in the stand requested. I'm not talking about the final here!

Can't believe I've just wasted 10 mins reading this drivel :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-02-2016, 11:13 PM
Care to elaborate?

I wish I hadnae asked! :-)

Dub
06-02-2016, 11:18 PM

You're wasting you're time Brian. I think Gail has got the bit between her teeth now and after stamping her feet a few times she'll be emailing the club to complain about the ticlets that haven't even been allocated.