PDA

View Full Version : Monday night fitba - Derby preview special

CL0762
04-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Hi folks,

Myself and the rest of the guys will be recording a Derby preview show tomorrow night at Easter road or if not in the stadium, one of the surrounding pubs.

The reason for the thread is that we want to gather your derby memories, can be anything from wins to goals to just something memorable.

Leave your comments here & I'll make sure we read out as much as we possibly can.

As always catch all our shows on iTunes/podbean and also over on mondaynightfitba.com

If anyone is interested in becoming a panellist on the show send me a PM or a message on Twitter @MNFitba and we'll get you on the show!

Thanks, GGTTH.

CallumLaidlaw
04-02-2016, 12:39 PM
Booked for being ugly

The jambo falling down the steps of the roseburn.

The unbeatable derby - superb atmosphere that day, and a thoroughly deserved win for the Hibees.

wookie70
04-02-2016, 12:46 PM
Standing singing walking in a Harper wonderland after his new year goal. Joe Mc Brides second to earn a 2-2 draw with not too many Hibbees left in the ground

lyonhibs
04-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Maybe not radio friendly, but the initial (not multiple subsequent) airing of "Vladimir Romanov, he sucks Paul Hartley off" was great timing and bloody hilarious.

The Brian Kerr Derby with their own fans booing Beniuseless by half time. Comedy gold.

I remember pretty much the game after Ian Murray's return (was his 2nd debut against them??) both him and Neilson went in for a tackle, with neither of them pulling out in the slightest. Absolute sonic book as they both got the ball at the same instant.

David van Zanten randomly having Andy Driver in his pocket every game we played them at Tynie, despite being really quite pish for most of the rest of the time.

Irish Dave
04-02-2016, 03:30 PM
Five....well, it isn't six, and it isn't seven. Memories of sitting behind the goals at easter road with a young Connor H and two of his brothers watching Sauzee and the boys bossing it.

southsider
04-02-2016, 03:36 PM
King Paddy equalizer at Tynie. Think it was nearly 5.30pm. Such joy.

hibs0666
04-02-2016, 05:03 PM
The 'boycott' of the 6-2 game. Bottlers.

Stanton scoring the equaliser at Tynecastle at about 1am

Clark missing from about 3 inches

Casper

Jankauskis getting a red card

Hibrandenburg
04-02-2016, 05:13 PM
Hibs' invisible 12th player who lamped the Yam that took a run at Deeks.

Doh, too late.

Itsnoteasy
04-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Standing singing walking in a Harper wonderland after his new year goal. Joe Mc Brides second to earn a 2-2 draw with not too many Hibbees left in the ground

Was that the free kick. I was there. One of my all time fav goals. What year was that?

Smartie
04-02-2016, 05:35 PM
The Hibs fan dancing around on the Tynecastle pitch with the wee kid on his shoulders after the "Geebsie's goal" game.

Stefano Salvatori standing in the centre-circle at Easter Road whilst someone whispers in his ear explaining what the Hibs fans are singing about his wife.

I only went to a couple of derbies when there was still standing at Tynecastle but I remember being astonished and impressed at the amount of pish produced and generously washed all over the terrace over the course of a game.

Fenriz
04-02-2016, 06:28 PM
Benji running the length of the pitch to goad Hearts fans after scoring, only to be impeded by Zibi.

Wotherspoon's face after scoring in the cup game of December 2012

Hans Eskilsson missing a sitter ar ER because the noise from the Hibees frightened him

The 81% league cup match/first time I heard the Rob Jones 'Gold' chant

DirtyDeeds
04-02-2016, 09:40 PM
Barry Lavety cutting in from the right and banging one through Weir's legs and into the corner. Sure it was the same game as Harper's mazy run.

The volume and celebrations (and when re-watching it later, the Sky commentators desription) when Latapy scored THAT goal.

The whole atmosphere during the 2-1 O'Connor/Shiels at Tynie.

Franck's back post header that cost him his teeth, but probably sealed a permanant place in Hibee folklore.