PDA

View Full Version : Derby on my own

aussie_hibee
03-02-2016, 11:22 PM
I've managed to get a ticket to the game on Sunday thanks to a very generous person on here, it does mean however that I will be going to the game on my own.
Any suggestions for me. Would it just be best to get a taxi to the ground just before kick off and just follow the crowd after the game?

Forza Fred
03-02-2016, 11:30 PM
I've managed to get a ticket to the game on Sunday thanks to a very generous person on here, it does mean however that I will be going to the game on my own.
Any suggestions for me. Would it just be best to get a taxi to the ground just before kick off and just follow the crowd after the game?

Last derby I was at I went to the Murrayfield pre game, and marched from there to the big bass drum..along with several other hundred Hibbies

The 26 bus will get you there...........and just about everywhere as a matter of fact.

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2016, 11:34 PM
Aussie Hibee, are you travelling from Australia just for the game, or are you here anyway?

aussie_hibee
03-02-2016, 11:39 PM
Aussie Hibee, are you travelling from Australia just for the game, or are you here anyway?

I'm back for personal reasons and just happened to catch the weekends of the semi and the derby.

danhibees1875
04-02-2016, 12:09 AM
Done this myself many times. Absolutely nothing to worry about I'd say. I used to live in bruntsfield and walk straight through their end to get to the away end.

GlasgowHibee
04-02-2016, 12:25 AM
You're definitely not alone mate, you'll be with 3000 other people just like you.
:thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
04-02-2016, 03:16 AM
You'll never walk alone... ;)

Sprouleflyer
04-02-2016, 06:44 AM
If you can get yourself to Haymarket you have two options. You can head up Dalry Road and through Gorgie,that will mean walking through them. The other option is heading to Roseburn where you will meet up with the bulk of the Hibs support.

FromTheCapital
04-02-2016, 08:38 AM
You're never on your own with Hibs fans at Tynecastle bud :thumbsup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salt N Sauzee
04-02-2016, 08:50 AM
Last derby I was at I went to the Murrayfield pre game, and marched from there to the big bass drum..along with several other hundred Hibbies

The 26 bus will get you there...........and just about everywhere as a matter of fact.

Murrayfield Hotel isn't letting in Hibs fans.

lyonhibs
04-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Murrayfield Hotel isn't letting in Hibs fans.

I'm sure this has been said before a Derby then come the day the place is rammed. Though maybe with the new twee bar design (which makes the place, by all accounts, a mega nightmare when full) they've got ideas above their station :greengrin

TrinityHibs
04-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Depends where you are staying but you could jump on a tram in the city centre and get off at Murrayfield a quick 2 minute walk and then have a quiet pint in the Roseburn Bar:greengrin

Pretty Boy
04-02-2016, 09:02 AM
I'm sure this has been said before a Derby then come the day the place is rammed. Though maybe with the new twee bar design (which makes the place, by all accounts, a mega nightmare when full) they've got ideas above their station :greengrin

Sure they usually have a marquee up for the rugby fans. Would seem daft to have it empty on a Sunday morning with the potential for thousands to be spent in a couple of hours.

Their loss.

Geo_1875
04-02-2016, 09:04 AM
Sure they usually have a marquee up for the rugby fans. Would seem daft to have it empty on a Sunday morning with the potential for thousands to be spent in a couple of hours.

Their loss.

Been told the bar isn't opening for non-residents pre-game.

erin go bragh
04-02-2016, 09:18 AM

I'm also going on my Jack Jones . I'm going to take the car and park In-between the Roseburn and the PBS , then I'll nip into the Roseburn for a shandy. I'll pick you up in my way no problem AH and drop you off ( not in Australia tho :)

GGTTH

GreenArmyyy!
04-02-2016, 09:45 AM

Diane's pool hall will be packed with Hibby's from 8am mate 👍

aussie_hibee
04-02-2016, 10:07 AM
I'm also going on my Jack Jones . I'm going to take the car and park In-between the Roseburn and the PBS , then I'll nip into the Roseburn for a shandy. I'll pick you up in my way no problem AH and drop you off ( not in Australia tho :)

GGTTH

Hibs class....! I might just take you up ok that. I'll be staying opposite meadowbank on Saturday night but happy to meet you somewhere if that's out of your way.

erin go bragh
04-02-2016, 10:16 AM
Hibs class....! I might just take you up ok that. I'll be staying opposite meadowbank on Saturday night but happy to meet you somewhere if that's out of your way.

Meadowbank is fine AH . I'll get you at 11.20 at McDonalds ( straight across from Meadowbank . I'll be in a black Audi with Hibs Scarf on dash .

GGTTH

aussie_hibee
04-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Top man. First pint is on me.

kenny.ff
04-02-2016, 12:53 PM
Thats what being a hibs fans all about, helping out when you can
Well done lads

Alex Trager
04-02-2016, 01:18 PM
That's impressive. Nice one EGB

Pretty Boy
04-02-2016, 01:20 PM
I'm going on my own as well. Anyone else?

We could have a pre game Lonely Hibs Club meeting.

Lago
04-02-2016, 02:28 PM
You lot have got me reaching for my violin.:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
04-02-2016, 03:10 PM
Thats what being a hibs fans all about, helping out when you can
Well done lads

:agree:

DTS
04-02-2016, 03:14 PM
I'm heading through myself from Livi, getting off at haymarket what will be the best way to head from the station, for the semi I went along Gorgie road but for the derby will I be better heading towards murrayfield?

JimBHibees
04-02-2016, 03:16 PM
I'm heading through myself from Livi, getting off at haymarket what will be the best way to head from the station, for the semi I went along Gorgie road but for the derby will I be better heading towards murrayfield?

Yes towards Murrayfield and go along Russell Road to Roseburn stand.

DTS
04-02-2016, 03:19 PM
Yes towards Murrayfield and go along Russell Road to Roseburn stand.

Cheers, might head to the roseburn for a drink before sure I'll no be on my own for long in there

Hibeesforever
04-02-2016, 05:37 PM
I am going on my own after the kids football. Will be tight to get there for the stupid kick off time. Saying that, sure the Griffiths 2-1 game was a Sunday. I actually started that day after a walk through the art gallery on the mound scarf in hand. It was a truly artistic display that day and confident of the same on Sunday. Hibernian stylish and flamboyant, Hearts charity thieves and industrial long ball merchants.

erin go bragh
04-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Top man. First pint is on me.

It's nae bother AH . I'll get you at 11 if that's ok . Gives more time to park and hit the Roseburn.

GGTTH

erin go bragh
04-02-2016, 05:49 PM

Your welcome to meet us at Meadowbank at 11 PB . Or we can pick you up on route . No green flower on your lapel though . Lol

GGTTH

Albanian Hibs
04-02-2016, 05:51 PM
It's nae bother AH . I'll get you at 11 if that's ok . Gives more time to park and hit the Roseburn.

GGTTH

Think you might struggle to get into the roseburn. There is always a queue well before opening time and the bouncers are tight about letting too many in after a certain time.

erin go bragh
04-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Think you might struggle to get into the roseburn. There is always a queue well before opening time and the bouncers are tight about letting too many in after a certain time.

Cheers for the heads up AH . Might hit the Harp and Castle , then head up to the PBS to park .

GGTTH

leggeto
04-02-2016, 10:23 PM

Yip,the wheatfield stand,sure to be on my own there

aussie_hibee
07-02-2016, 10:40 PM
MASSIVE thank you to Twiglet for giving me her ticket and Erin Go Bragh for picking me up and dropping me off. 2 brilliant acts of kindness, from people I've never met before, that helped me experience an amazing derby game and provided a welcome distraction from dramas going on in my personal life.

Total Hibs class and greatly appreciated.
If you guys are ever in West Australia, give me a shout.

GGTTH

Hibernia&Alba
07-02-2016, 10:43 PM
MASSIVE thank you to Twiglet for giving me her ticket and Erin Go Bragh for picking me up and dropping me off. 2 brilliant acts of kindness, from people I've never met before, that helped me experience an amazing derby game and provided a welcome distraction from dramas going on in my personal life.

Total Hibs class and greatly appreciated.
If you guys are ever in West Australia, give me a shout.

GGTTH

Good stuff :flag: