PDA

View Full Version : Next Celtic manager (hopefully not Hibs content)

StevieBoyKdy
03-02-2016, 09:35 PM
After their result tonight quick look at the bookies and Stubbs is 3rd favourite for the job. Can't see him knocking it back should the offer come, however will they want Stubbs or want a guy with more experience. Would hate to lose Stubbs has turned us around 180 degrees from those dark dark days.

HibsNutter
03-02-2016, 09:37 PM
They'll want someone who's gonna make the team perform in Europe. Would be a risk with Stubbs, not that he wouldn't be capable.

iwasthere1972
03-02-2016, 09:38 PM
After their result tonight quick look at the bookies and Stubbs in 3rd favourite for the manager. Can't see him knocking it back should the offer come, however will they want Stubbs or want a guy with more experience. Would hate to lose Stubbs has turned us around 180 degrees from those dark dark days.

Can't see it myself. As others have said, far too early. Don't think they'll go for the foreign option again.

Orchard_Hibs
03-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if they came for Stubbs, they usually turn to us when things arnt going well for them.

Coco Bryce
03-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Moyes or Lambert

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2016, 09:48 PM
Moyes or Lambert

Aye, I think these are couple of good shouts from tonight's other matches thread, and leave me feeling reassured about Stubbs, for whom it's probably too soon. It must be over for Deila.

Coco Bryce
03-02-2016, 09:51 PM
No going back for Deila now. Kerrydalestreet is a hoot tonight.

Sylar
03-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Can't see it being Lambert - his record isn't exactly wonderful.

Moyes seems like the obvious one to me. Wonder if Brendan Rodgers would fancy a move north...

NorthHibees
03-02-2016, 09:53 PM
The few of us have been saying for a while now if/when Deila goes we reckon they might come in for Stubbsy hope we are wrong.

Speedy
03-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Doubt it

Coco Bryce
03-02-2016, 10:00 PM
I'm gonna go totally leftfield and put money on Michael O'Neil getting it after the euros.

anon1875
03-02-2016, 10:00 PM

Moyes seems like the obvious one to me. Wonder if Brendan Rodgers would fancy a move north...
No danger, he nearly won the premier league two seasons ago. I'd think there's a bigger chance in Lambert tbh.

weecounty hibby
03-02-2016, 10:01 PM
I think they will try for Moyes first. I also think that bigger and better clubs than Celtic will come looking for AS if he continues with Hibs improvements and gets us out of this league and wins a national cup (or two🏆🏆). They like the huns, are a club who used to be in the big time but no longer are, who still have a decent support.

Andy74
03-02-2016, 10:05 PM
I'm gonna go totally leftfield and put money on Michael O'Neil getting it after the euros.

So left field it's been in the press today!

Coco Bryce
03-02-2016, 10:08 PM
How did they know I was gonna put money on it?

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2016, 10:13 PM
How did they know I was gonna put money on it?

:tee hee:

Hibby Kay-Yay
03-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Owen Coyle

Carheenlea
03-02-2016, 10:44 PM
They will want the very best so expect them to bid to take the country's finest young manager to Celtic Park - Robbie Nielson (or just "Robbie" as he is affectionately referred to on Sportsound)

chrisski33
03-02-2016, 10:51 PM
Rexkon stubbs and neilson may be on their list but think they will want someone with experience in europe as celtic need the money from european comp. Think they will stick with delia til the summer anywah

truehibernian
03-02-2016, 11:02 PM
Definitely won't be Michael O'Neil

snooky
03-02-2016, 11:23 PM
Didn't Moyes play for RFC?
Owen Coyle is a good shout altho I don't think he's had enough consistent success as a manager.
Anybody but oor guy, please.

iwasthere1972
03-02-2016, 11:25 PM
Owen Coyle is a good shout altho I don't think he's had enough consistent success as a manager.

Played for Celtic

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=david+moyes+celtic&prmd=niv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwijma6X7NzKAhXGuRoKHd_mBRkQ_AUICCgC#imgr c=pE_1rWpSuuiAWM%3A

lord bunberry
03-02-2016, 11:27 PM
Moyes played for Celtic

truehibernian
03-02-2016, 11:34 PM
John Collins is fast becoming quite toxic in a management sense - seems everywhere he goes there's a marked downturn in success - one of Deila's big mistakes was not taking a personable assistant with him - I think the Celtic squad are almost forcing Lawell's hand.

Haymaker
03-02-2016, 11:56 PM
Moyes might fancy it, few years winning, European football might rebuild his rep down south.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-02-2016, 12:00 AM
Definitely won't be Michael O'Neil

Good. I like Michael O'Neil

truehibernian
04-02-2016, 12:06 AM
Moyes might fancy it, few years winning, European football might rebuild his rep down south.

Moyes will be their next manager - no doubt

Viva_Palmeiras
04-02-2016, 02:13 AM
Even if they came calling I think Stubbs is smart enough to know he needs to move on from a foundation he's not fully realised here yet - just like Mowbray knocking back Ipswich ../

lucky
04-02-2016, 04:08 AM
I doubt they'll go for Stubbs, they tried that route with Mowbray and Delia. They'll want experience so it will be Coyle, Lambert or Moyes. Or for a left field option of Di Cannio. They like going for Celtic minded men so my money would be on Larrson. As for Collins, clearly struggles to get players to buy into his views.

AndyM_1875
04-02-2016, 06:11 AM
I doubt they'll go for Stubbs, they tried that route with Mowbray and Delia. They'll want experience so it will be Coyle, Lambert or Moyes. Or for a left field option of Di Cannio. They like going for Celtic minded men so my money would be on Larrson. As for Collins, clearly struggles to get players to buy into his views.

Won't be DiCanio. Way too much of a right wing zoomer for even the Celtic board.

Moyes is free, Coyle would come from US league, Lambert is in the championship.
The biscuit tin would then point at Moyes.

Onion
04-02-2016, 06:24 AM
If Stubbs & Hibs win the League Cup and beat The Rangers to the title, would not be in the least surprised to see them come in for him - despite there being better options (McInness, Neilson etc, and down south). The OF are a petty bunch who can't resist snacking on smaller Scottish clubs. They've done for a 100+ years. Makes them and their fans feel good.

The speculation alone might be enough to upset Hibs progress at the sharp end of the season :rolleyes:.

Mark79
04-02-2016, 06:31 AM
Ryan Giggs

Viva_Palmeiras
04-02-2016, 06:41 AM
If Stubbs & Hibs win the League Cup and beat The Rangers to the title, would not be in the least surprised to see them come in for him - despite there being better options (McInness, Neilson etc, and down south). The OF are a petty bunch who can't resist snacking on smaller Scottish clubs. They've done for a 100+ years. Makes them and their fans feel good.

The speculation alone might be enough to upset Hibs progress at the sharp end of the season :rolleyes:.

Is that really the case for Celtic tho'?
Last time for Celtic was 1994 - Tommy Burns from Killie.
Prior to that was Billy McNeil from The Dons in 1978 then of course Stein from 1965.

SeanWilson
04-02-2016, 06:53 AM

Perfect gig for lambert, reignite his career with a team who pretty much can't lose most weeks if managed properly. No brainer.

HFC 0-7
04-02-2016, 07:33 AM
Neville

TamHibs
04-02-2016, 07:43 AM

Neilson is not a better option than Stubbs.

Pretty Boy
04-02-2016, 07:44 AM
If Moyes or Coyle get the job it will be a major shift in policy for Celtic.

They have made a few lucrative transfers in the African and Asian markets in recent years. The Scandinavian leagues do quite well with African signings which is, in my opinion, one of the key reasons Deila was even considered for the job. Celtic will happily accept the odd Ambrose of they can balance that with a player of the quality and value of Wanyama (bought for £900K, sold for £12.5M) or a Ki (bought for £2.1M, sold for £6M).

I can only see Moyes going down the English Championship route. Bringing in another couple of Kris Commons would more than likely keep them winning leagues but does it fit the Celtic business plan? Would it really see then do any better in Europe? Even at their best under O'Neill and Strachan they struggled to get out the group stages of the Champions League and last 16 was the very best it got. The days of spending the kind of money O'Neill had are long gone for even Celtic. They are in a funny place right now. Shame.

Smartie
04-02-2016, 07:49 AM

I think they're seriously starting to turn their noses up at players from the Scottish market so I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same with managers. It seems to be the Armstrong type characters that are getting the most abuse for last night.

They seem to prefer the "Wanyama types" these days, I'd be astonished if they were happy with someone like Stubbs who has only ever managed in the Scottish Championship.

Our gain really because I reckon he's the real deal but I honestly can't see him turning down the first Wigan/ Bolton/ Blackpool gig that comes along.

LancsHibs
04-02-2016, 08:08 AM
Our gain really because I reckon he's the real deal but I honestly can't see him turning down the first Wigan/ Bolton/ Blackpool gig that comes along.

When AS does eventually move on I think it will be to bigger gigs than League1 in England, besides definitely won't be Bolton, they are going bust or Blackpool who are the biggest train reck of a club I've ever witnessed (and that included them and the Huns!) Hope he's here with us for a while yet!

Smartie
04-02-2016, 08:50 AM
When AS does eventually move on I think it will be to bigger gigs than League1 in England, besides definitely won't be Bolton, they are going bust or Blackpool who are the biggest train reck of a club I've ever witnessed (and that included them and the Huns!) Hope he's here with us for a while yet!

Very true, both clubs have problems at the moment.

It's mainly family reasons that I think will make him move tbh. When I was trying to think of clubs closer to his home they were the first I thought of. Obviously I don't think the Manchester clubs, Everton or Liverpool would go for someone who has only managed in the Scottish Championship and they sprang out as clubs who might take him on.

Maybe Blackburn or Burnley would have been a better suggestion?

Brightside
04-02-2016, 08:52 AM
Moyes or Lambert

McCoist

Edson Arantes
04-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Moyes or Lambert

These are the correct answers.

If they turn the gig down it will, unfortunately, be Alan.

Edson Arantes
04-02-2016, 11:37 AM
Ryan Giggs

Never.

proud_and_green
04-02-2016, 11:40 AM
John Collins is fast becoming quite toxic in a management sense - seems everywhere he goes there's a marked downturn in success - one of Deila's big mistakes was not taking a personable assistant with him - I think the Celtic squad are almost forcing Lawell's hand.

That exact thought occurred to me the other day.

Salt N Sauzee
04-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if they came for Stubbs, they usually turn to us when things arnt going well for them.

True!

Imagine where we would be if we weren't a selling club :rolleyes:

04-02-2016, 11:52 AM
I'm worried about them coming sniffing around Stubbs and media attention circling him and hibs.

Then again, the celtic fans are not happy at all, they aren't the most patient bunch so I reckon the celtic board wont risk gambling on a new manger like Stubbs. They will want someone with a proven record that will have more chance of hitting the ground running and getting them back doing well again. With the fans on theirs backs, they can't really afford to take a gamble and risk more failure.

04-02-2016, 11:54 AM
Very true, both clubs have problems at the moment.

It's mainly family reasons that I think will make him move tbh. When I was trying to think of clubs closer to his home they were the first I thought of. Obviously I don't think the Manchester clubs, Everton or Liverpool would go for someone who has only managed in the Scottish Championship and they sprang out as clubs who might take him on.

Maybe Blackburn or Burnley would have been a better suggestion?

Wigan maybe?

HibsNutter
04-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Stubbs isn't daft. He knows that if he picks the wrong club in the Championship and underperforms it will affect his reputation and he'll struggle to progress in management. Neil Lennon was being touted for Premier League jobs, can anybody see that happening now? Stubbs is in no hurry to leave and will only do so when the ideal opportunity comes along imo.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-02-2016, 12:08 PM
I would have guessed that had Moyes left Everton to go to Celtc, he would have been welcomed with open arms. Such is the conceit of that club though, the may think it is beneath them to employ a manager who is out of work.

Given that he played for Celtc and is Celtc minded, he ticks all the required boxes.

JimBHibees
04-02-2016, 12:15 PM
Perfect gig for lambert, reignite his career with a team who pretty much can't lose most weeks if managed properly. No brainer.

He just became Blackburn manager no way IMO he would leave so soon.

iwasthere1972
04-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Neville

What from Auf Weidersehen Pet?

JimBHibees
04-02-2016, 12:16 PM
I would have guessed that had Moyes left Everton to go to Celtc, he would have been welcomed with open arms. Such is the conceit of that club though, the may think it is beneath them to employ a manager who is out of work.

Given that he played for Celtc and is Celtc minded, he ticks all the required boxes.

What does that mean? Pretty sure he was brought up a Rangers fan.

Weststandwanab
04-02-2016, 12:20 PM

And very good value for money !

southsider
04-02-2016, 12:55 PM
On Sunday morning East Kilbride were on £3k per man to beat Celtic. The chairman pressed the panic button and the win bonus is back at £50.

SeanWilson
04-02-2016, 01:13 PM
He just became Blackburn manager no way IMO he would leave so soon.

Blackburn who are 5 points away from relegation zone, having just sold their best player... If Celtic paid compo and a decent contract. I don't see why he wouldn't

Hibernia&Alba
04-02-2016, 02:06 PM
I thought Deila would already be gone by now.

jgl07
04-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Good. I like Michael O'Neil
I prefer Michael O'Neill myself!

I am trying to work out how many ex-Hibs managers Celtic have appointed. Jock Stein obviously was a success. Tony Mowbray was hardly one.

Celtic resisted the option to go for John Hughes or Pat Stanton despite both being former Celtic players.

eastmainsmsh
04-02-2016, 03:52 PM
I think Stubbs if delia left could see Celtic as stepping stone to e p l hope he would resist tho

Deansy
04-02-2016, 03:58 PM
I honestly think Stubbs would have too much honour in him to dump us when he's got us to a final and challenging for the league.

iwasthere1972
04-02-2016, 04:02 PM
I honestly think Stubbs would have too much honour in him to dump us when he's got us to a final and challenging for the league.

Don't kid yourself. Money talks and the association with Celtic would be too great. Saying that I really can't see him being on their radar if they do get rid of that duffer who couldn't manage a raffle.

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2016, 04:10 PM

Never underestimate a footballer, player or manager. Have a wee read on how he left Bolton, if the right offer comes in for him, IMO he will be off.

Hibs by his own admission is only a stepping stone, hopefully nobody decent will want him for a while yet.

Thecat23
04-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Moyes is a stick on. Stubbs will go on to bigger and better things but Celtic will want someone with European experience and Stubbs is still cutting his teeth. I would be very surprised if Celtic went for him right now.

emerald green
04-02-2016, 05:18 PM

It didn't stop the late Jock Stein.

Big L
04-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Moyes Coyle & Lambert all had a chance at the job in the past and body swerved it, managing the old firm is not all it is cracked up to be. It might suit Stubbs, who, if he had any sense would leave his family down south. No one wants to subject their family to the constant harrasment. I think Deila will stay for the meantime basically because of his ability to tap in to the Swede, Den, Norse market, he would be well advised to get himself a decent assistant.

Davy Mac
04-02-2016, 05:29 PM
Moyes is a stick on. Stubbs will go on to bigger and better things but Celtic will want someone with European experience and Stubbs is still cutting his teeth. I would be very surprised if Celtic went for him right now.

I heard recently heard he as already turned it down. I reckon they will wait until the end of the season. New League set up/ Rankers position etc.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-02-2016, 05:34 PM
What does that mean? Pretty sure he was brought up a Rangers fan.

Would mean Scott Allan might get a game?

hibees 7062
04-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Neilson is not a better option than Stubbs.

His strings aren't long enough

CropleyWasGod
04-02-2016, 06:45 PM
Conversation by text today, between me and a woman I know who supports Celtc...

Her:- Please may we have Anthony Stokes back, please? Thank you...

Me:- By all means. However, we want Leigh back, Liam Henderson on a permanent basis, and a couple of mill.

And don't even think about selling Scott Allan to the Bears.......

AND DON'T EVEN LOOK AT STUBBSY

Her:- Now there's a good idea....

Me:- He's a crap manager. The players hate him. Has no Plan B. No idea how to man-manage. He drinks. ****s the players' wives. Snorts coke in the dug-out. Owes BetFred thousands.

Her :- Mibbes naw, though he does sound delightful...

Mission accomplished, I think. :cb

hibees 7062
04-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Conversation by text today, between me and a woman I know who supports Celtc...

Her:- Please may we have Anthony Stokes back, please? Thank you...

Me:- By all means. However, we want Leigh back, Liam Henderson on a permanent basis, and a couple of mill.

And don't even think about selling Scott Allan to the Bears.......

AND DON'T EVEN LOOK AT STUBBSY

Her:- Now there's a good idea....

Me:- He's a crap manager. The players hate him. Has no Plan B. No idea how to man-manage. He drinks. ****s the players' wives. Snorts coke in the dug-out. Owes BetFred thousands.

Her :- Mibbes naw, though he does sound delightful...

Mission accomplished, I think. :cb

Didn't know these things about Ronny :greengrin

DH1875
04-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Celtic want Michael O'Neill and talks have already been made.

Ronniekirk
04-02-2016, 09:14 PM
Celtic want Michael O'Neill and talks have already been made.

I heard from a very reliable source that Ryan gigs is considering moving up to Scotland to take up a footballing position Think someone else already mentioned this ,so wonder if true what role he would play ,as assume it must be Celtic he is considering coming to ,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ekhibee
05-02-2016, 11:33 AM
I hope they do go for Lambert, don't really rate him at all.

greenginger
05-02-2016, 11:37 AM
I hope they do go for Lambert, don't really rate him at all.

Remember his last game in charge of a club in Scotland !

iwasthere1972
05-02-2016, 12:42 PM
Remember his last game in charge of a club in Scotland !

Remember it well. Livvy fans were singing 'Easy Easy' even after we scored our seventh. :greengrin

ancient hibee
05-02-2016, 04:08 PM
Moyes Coyle & Lambert all had a chance at the job in the past and body swerved it, managing the old firm is not all it is cracked up to be. It might suit Stubbs, who, if he had any sense would leave his family down south. No one wants to subject their family to the constant harrasment. I think Deila will stay for the meantime basically because of his ability to tap in to the Swede, Den, Norse market, he would be well advised to get himself a decent assistant.

Don't think any of these have ever been seriously considered for Celtic.Managing one of the OF may not be all it's cracked up to be but there isn't a manager in Scotland who wouldn't be there at the drop of a hat.