PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TV FIXTURES CONFIRMED

RSS Bot
03-02-2016, 03:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6157)

Gatecrasher
03-02-2016, 03:40 PM
:rotflmao:

Brightside
03-02-2016, 03:41 PM
Moved to a Monday night!! FFS.... Falkirk game also moved to a Friday night!!!

My_Wife_Camille
03-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Queue the faux outrage

Brummie_Hibs
The Scottish Cup Semi-Finals are Sat/Sun 16/17 April

Pete
So, chances are the rangers game will be moved to a Tuesday or Wednesday night in April if one of us in the cup.

Falkirk game moved to a Friday night.

Fair enough with the first I suppose. Friday night football is brilliant and I can't wait.

Brightside
03-02-2016, 03:46 PM
Queue the faux outrage

tbf a Monday and Friday night are really not the best when we are trying to get fans back.

Stevie Reid
03-02-2016, 03:48 PM
Friday night is good with me.

Blaster
03-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Crap for young kids

Pete
03-02-2016, 03:51 PM
tbf a Monday and Friday night are really not the best when we are trying to get fans back.

Are they any worse than Sunday mornings?

Besides, it's results that get fans back.

Pete
03-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Crap for young kids

Rangers games are anyway.

Blaster
03-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Rangers games are anyway.

Not really. But a Monday night means many cant go

DH1875
03-02-2016, 03:53 PM
Queue the faux outrage

Why I'll not be buying a ST any time soon. 2 biggest home games of the season and now I wont be able to make either of them.

HibbyScott
03-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Friday night works for me down here! Local pub for a few celebration pints!

TrinityHibs

I can do Mondays but Friday is just a no go for me so I will not be there for one of the biggest games of the year. Never mind I can record it and hopefully the team will be inspired by the thought of me cheering them on in front of the TV later in the evening. No faux outrage Camille just very real irritation

Onceinawhile
Glad the rangers game has been moved, wasn't going to make it. Monday night isn't ideal though a full day on the bevvie for the jobless hordes in the away stand has the capacity to go wrong.

Billy Whizz
03-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Are they any worse than Sunday mornings?

Besides, it's results that get fans back.

The lad I take, aged 8, isn't allowed to midweek games due to school the next day. He's ok for a Friday though

hibbypostie
03-02-2016, 03:57 PM
Queue the faux outrage

no fake anger here rules me out out of both probably defo the Friday game ah well my matewill score my ST out of it

bod
03-02-2016, 04:00 PM

doesn't matter which days they're changed to , broadcasting them live isn't the best when trying to get fans back.
everythings catered for the armchair fans nowadays

hibsforeurope
03-02-2016, 04:04 PM
There is a good chance both these games will need to be re-rescheduled due to the Scottish cup anyway.
Would love to have more Friday night games at Easter Road

Billy Whizz
03-02-2016, 04:05 PM
It will be a blow if this doesn't go ahead in early March. We really could do with beating and reducing their lead to 2 points. Might them a lot more nervous for their remaining fixtures

Diclonius
03-02-2016, 04:05 PM
Rangers on a Monday evening. That's fantastic, I might not be able to make it now.

EH54
03-02-2016, 04:06 PM
I very much doubt it will be played on the Monday, I think at least one of us will make the Quarter finals of the SC

Pete
03-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Will we be compensated for the loss of revenue through the turnstiles or do we all receive a flat fee?

Bleeds green
03-02-2016, 04:11 PM
A Monday night is an absolute joke so we only get 5 1/2-6 days recovery before we play a major cup final what an absolute shambles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super_JMcGinn
03-02-2016, 04:11 PM
The lad I take, aged 8, isn't allowed to midweek games due to school the next day. He's ok for a Friday though
I'm in the same boat.

SingaporeHibs
03-02-2016, 04:16 PM
2 big games that become impossible for a lot of people. I feel for those that would love to turn up in person at the ground and can't now for whatever reason but also has an effect on a lot of passionate fans stuck in far flung places in the east that have Hibs TV subscriptions that can't be up at 3-4am on work nights to watch their beloved team in such important matches. Tv Money in our game is so minimal it's well beyond time we rebased for the greater good of all (Ex the old firm).

Bristolhibby
03-02-2016, 04:21 PM
A Monday night is an absolute joke so we only get 5 1/2-6 days recovery before we play a major cup final what an absolute shambles

Does that not happen at the Business end of the season anyway? Saturday game, followed by a mid week then another Sat/Sunday.

Same in the playoffs.

J

S4uzee
03-02-2016, 04:26 PM
There are plenty other midweeks the Rangers provisional game could have been scheduled for but having it the third last game is questionable :rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
03-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Both games I was going to but all rearranged dates I am now working. Cheers for **** all.:cb

Bleeds green
03-02-2016, 04:38 PM
Does that not happen at the Business end of the season anyway? Saturday game, followed by a mid week then another Sat/Sunday.

Same in the playoffs.

J

Surely teams deserve 7 days rest before a major final

Ozyhibby
03-02-2016, 04:39 PM
I prefer a night game to a mid day kick off. Understand it's a problem for kids but hopefully the Friday one is ok.

Lancs Harp
03-02-2016, 04:45 PM
Disappointing for us exiles.

wookie70
03-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Do Hibs have any say in these re-arranged games. I didn't think it was a great idea having the Morton game directly after a semi final and before a Scottish Cup tie.

Having the The Rangers game, who many would have argued could be the biggest Championship Game of the season before a ball was kicked, on a SC weekend was shocking planning to start with. Re-arranging it so it is potentially eating into recovery time before a huge final isn't the best either. Then the next date is very close to a SC semi if Hibs get through and The Falkirk game has been re-arranged to a time that with have to be further re-arranged if Hibs get to the semi of the SC.

I appreciate people need notice but surely an announcement today saying these games have been selected for TV with dates to be announced on Sunday after Hibs and Rangers have played their cup games would have made a bit more sense. Whatever is decided it will probably cost Hibs a few quid. The younger two of the kids I take will probably miss the Rangers game now and my son will miss football training if the Falkirk game is a Friday and that will probably see him dropped for the Sunday. I wish I knew this before the half season tickets were announced as I wouldn't have got my daughter one.

One the plus side I love night games and am available for them all. The Rangers game being moved a few weeks back could be even huger if they drop a point or two.

Danderhall Hibs
03-02-2016, 04:52 PM
Big games under the lights are quality. Nice Spring evenings as well (hopefully).

Lancs Harp
03-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Big games under the lights are quality. Nice Spring evenings as well (hopefully).

True

But at the expense of matchless Saturdays?

Hibby70
03-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Any chance that the cup game potentially due for 5th could actually be played on Fri 4th then keeping the rearranged Huns game in for Mon 7th?

We play Sat/Tue so why not Fri/Mon?

Bishop Hibee
03-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Queue the faux outrage

Aye it's "outrageous" to moan about having to change my shift right enough. Stuff Monday night football.

Danderhall Hibs
03-02-2016, 05:08 PM
True

But at the expense of matchless Saturdays?

The Rangers game was unlikely to be a Saturday anyway - either due to the cup or for tv. Better midweek than a Sunday morning IMO.

.Sean.
03-02-2016, 05:16 PM
Give me a Friday or Monday evening over an early Sunday kick off any time

monarch
03-02-2016, 05:32 PM
So that's just 2 home Saturday afternoon kick offs at ER (Dumbarton and QOS) during the 3 months till the end of the season. Very frustrating especially when Championship sides get next to nothing for televised league games.

Gatecrasher
03-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Well I hope either ourselves or rangers get to the Qfinals of the Scottish cup because that would be bad for the teams prep having a Monday night game before the cup final.

Carheenlea
03-02-2016, 06:26 PM

:agree: A Monday night against Rangers under the lights in a packed Easter Road is a hugely appetising affair.
I also expect a larger crowd for the Falkirk game on a Friday night than Saturday a or Sunday lunchtime.

marinello59
03-02-2016, 06:35 PM

Not so good for out of towners, that's another two games off the season tickets for me.

I'm_cabbaged
03-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Can't believe that everybody is greetin about Monday, Friday or whatever night and missed the big issue with this. It's more than likely that the Hun game will be the third last game of the season instead of the eighth last!!!!
No chance to test their bottle!!!!!!!

My_Wife_Camille
03-02-2016, 06:52 PM
Why does nobody share the same concern for people who work or watch the kids on weekends and can make those games?

The majority of those who won't be there wouldn't have been going anyway. These changes just give them an excuse and someone to blame.

Blaster
03-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Why does nobody share the same concern for people who work or watch the kids on weekends and can make those games?

The majority of those who won't be there wouldn't have been going anyway. These changes just give them an excuse and someone to blame.

Those people are unlikely to have bought a season ticket

marinello59
03-02-2016, 06:54 PM

Here we go again.

Brightside
03-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Will we be compensated for the loss of revenue through the turnstiles or do we all receive a flat fee?
That's what I wanted to know. Do Hibs get a payment every time a game is moved to a mid week fixture for TV. If not how do they expect to make up for the lack of fans?

Brightside
03-02-2016, 07:00 PM

Now you are just waffling. The majority of fans do not work on a Saturday. That's why games are played on this day as standard. Its also been explained to you why it will stop many fans going. Its not an excuse - im a ST holder and the club already have my cash but a Monday night is a stupid night for a game of football for the 1000+ young kids that go to games!

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2016, 07:02 PM
I very much doubt it will be played on the Monday, I think at least one of us will make the Quarter finals of the SC

That's certainly possible, then it will be a huge game at the end of April.

StevieBoyKdy
03-02-2016, 07:43 PM
If Hibs get within 2 points of them that could be a very tasty game come 19/20 April. Can't see it being on March 7th.

I'm_cabbaged
03-02-2016, 07:50 PM
If Hibs get within 2 points of them that could be a very tasty game come 19/20 April. Can't see it being on March 7th.

Would rather get within 2 points of them with 8 games to go to test their bottle.

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2016, 07:52 PM

My heart bleeds for folk like that every week, been there, done that, got the tee shirt.........................that's life.

lord bunberry
03-02-2016, 07:53 PM
I really hope it's not a Monday night, I've got to take a night off work and that costs me a fortune..

Boyle89
03-02-2016, 07:58 PM
I'm glad the the Rangers game has been moved to Monday cause now I can go :). However I feel for those who have already made plans or changed shifts and now can't attend. One of the pitfalls of modern football that games can be moved for tv.

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-02-2016, 08:08 PM
If we make the Scottish cup semis then every single piece of info in that report will be irrelevant. Strange dates to pick to be honest.
If the points gap remains the same and the Rangers game goes ahead as planned in April then they would win the league if they beat us [emoji33] Would also far rather play them earlier to hopefully put the pressure on them.

HappyHanlon
03-02-2016, 09:19 PM
Now you are just waffling. The majority of fans do not work on a Saturday. That's why games are played on this day as standard. Its also been explained to you why it will stop many fans going. Its not an excuse - im a ST holder and the club already have my cash but a Monday night is a stupid night for a game of football for the 1000+ young kids that go to games!

Monday night's cracking!

Full house under the floodlights. What's not to love?

The_Horde
03-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Monday night's cracking!

Full house under the floodlights. What's not to love?

I see both sides. Firstly, I can't get motivated for Monday night football. But Friday night football sounds great.

I feel if, say, the Scottish Cup derby was a night time game during the week we'd have a full house and less complaints and people would find a way to make it.

People who are off weekends are probably just as likely not to be at work on a Monday night. I'm pissed off I can't have a bevvy though.

Not In The Know
03-02-2016, 10:04 PM
Can't believe that everybody is greetin about Monday, Friday or whatever night and missed the big issue with this. It's more than likely that the Hun game will be the third last game of the season instead of the eighth last!!!!
No chance to test their bottle!!!!!!!

This. Arguably we had a much better run in of fixtures than the the Rangers. Moving to 10 days before the end of the season only helps Rangers. They could go into that game not needing to win it.

Can't believe we agreed to this.