PDA

View Full Version : Raith V Rangers disallowed goal

allmodcons
03-02-2016, 02:27 PM
At about 7.00 minutes check out the elbow missed by ref where he has a great view and then take a look at the disallowed goal from Raith at 7.30 minutes.

For what it's worth, I think it was a foul on lead up to disallowed goal but, as ever, where is the consistency.

http://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv

Kato
03-02-2016, 02:33 PM
At about 7.00 minutes check out the elbow missed by ref where he has a great view and then take a look at the disallowed goal from Raith at 7.30 minutes.

For what it's worth, I think it was a foul on lead up to disallowed goal but, as ever, where is the consistency.

The Raith players jumps and wins the ball. He's going for the ball and the Rangers player is bundled over in that action, something you see every week (game?) and usually not given as a foul.

DH1875
03-02-2016, 02:35 PM
Never a foul.

Super_JMcGinn
03-02-2016, 02:38 PM

Agreed, I think had it been Hanlon challenged like that we would have been looking for the foul. whether we would have got it is another matter.
I haven't seen any mention of the guy on sportsound, ex Rangers player, saying the incident was irrelevant as Rangers, courtesy of their 1st half dominance deserved to win. Came across as a right arrogant so and so.

hibees 7062
03-02-2016, 02:38 PM

The guy needed stiches in his mouth , Halliday again

Geo_1875
03-02-2016, 02:39 PM
Never a foul as far as I'm concerned. However, the referee was so convinced it was a free kick that he blew his whistle before any contact took place.

GreenLake
03-02-2016, 02:40 PM

They should give a retrospective red card for that nasty elbow to the face.

03-02-2016, 02:54 PM
"Operation get the Rangers promoted" in full swing I see.

Mikey09
03-02-2016, 02:58 PM
So Halliday elbows the boy in the gub... No foul, play on.

Raith player wins a clean header without using his elbows... Foul, goal disallowed.

:rolleyes:

hibees 7062
03-02-2016, 03:03 PM

Absolutely :agree:

03-02-2016, 03:04 PM

Raith player wins a clean header without using his elbows... Foul, goal disallowed.

It's the huns we're talking about here so yep that sounds about right!

Pete
03-02-2016, 03:08 PM
"Operation get the Rangers promoted" in full swing I see.

Nobody wants to be the ref that denied the Billy boys their rightful place in the top flight.

Probably have their life made a misery. Good old Scotland.

Carheenlea
03-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Agreed, I think had it been Hanlon challenged like that we would have been looking for the foul. whether we would have got it is another matter.
I haven't seen any mention of the guy on sportsound, ex Rangers player, saying the incident was irrelevant as Rangers, courtesy of their 1st half dominance deserved to win. Came across as a right arrogant so and so.

Derek Ferguson.
Was listening in on way back from Greenock, and the way the Raith manager went on about it in his post match interview I was expecting to be viewing a hugely blatant injustice. Can`t see why it wasn`t a foul - Raith player has gone in aggressively, and despite winning the ball first a foul has still been committed. As you point out, if one of Neilson/Levein`s hammer throwers crashes through Hanlon like that on Sunday we are screaming for a foul all day long.

Sammy7nil
03-02-2016, 06:12 PM
If it was against Hibs we would want a freekick but i am not sure you would get one. For me no free kick. As for the elbow it is a freekick and a booking the player looks at the Raith before the challange.

greenginger
03-02-2016, 06:41 PM

Somebody needs to pass the footage on to Compliance Officer.

He won't go looking for it himself.

JimBHibees
03-02-2016, 08:44 PM

Think it was Ball rather than Halliday. Should be a red. Ref had perfect view. No foul for goal either.

OsloHibs
03-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Do we expect anything else? :rolleyes:

wookie70
03-02-2016, 09:06 PM

That's been the rules in Scottish football for the 40 years I have watched it.

Boyle89
03-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Reminded me a lot of when hanlon was chopped down and the ref let sevco play on and score. Except this time the foul was given...strange that.

Gogs07
03-02-2016, 09:58 PM
Raith fan at work said that the ball was won with a clean header and then the goal was scored and then disallowed due to the momentum of the Raith player knocking into the stagnant der Hun defender after winning the header.:confused:

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2016, 01:21 AM
Compare this to the absolute shambles of a decision to allow Rangers 2nd goal against us last season at ER. Either both count or neither count. Strange that both decisions went the huns way...