PDA

View Full Version : Rangers on 5th March

Since90+2
03-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Do we have enough momentum to fill the ground and cut their allocation?

EH54
03-02-2016, 08:51 AM
This game will no doubt to moved as i'm sure that's Scottish cup weekend with no doubt Hibs and Rangers qualifying so might be moved to a Tues or Wednesday night unfortunately but we should still be looking at a massive crowd!

Bostonhibby
03-02-2016, 08:58 AM
Yes, let's fill the stand above them and dish out the same treatment to them. The authorities will do nothing if they are treating all clubs the same.

scoopyboy
03-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Do we have enough momentum to fill the ground and cut their allocation?

We have the momentum, we don't have the fans attending to do this.

scoopyboy
03-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Yes, let's fill the stand above them and dish out the same treatment to them. The authorities will do nothing if they are treating all clubs the same.

Don't think we would be allowed to do this, if any split was taking place it would be vertical.

Bostonhibby
03-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Don't think we would be allowed to do this, if any split was taking place it would be vertical.
Sadly I agree.

high bee
03-02-2016, 09:30 AM

Sadly, I agree. Can't see us selling out the 3 stands.

Alex Trager
03-02-2016, 11:14 AM
Sadly I agree.

Sadly, I agree. Can't see us selling out the 3 stands.

A lot of sad hibbys this morning.

Unfortunately I agree with both your posts.

I'd love to see us getting enough to sell our tickets primarily but can't see that.

Mind you, plenty who could attend, will no doubt be at hampden the week after.

Ged
03-02-2016, 11:26 AM
Did we sell out 3 stands when we cut their allocation for the playoff game?

since90plustwo
03-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Did we sell out 3 stands when we cut their allocation for the playoff game?

attendance was 14000 so dont think so

Fife-Hibee
03-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Anyone know how much it cost us the last time we cut their allocation ? We need to do all we can to get it up these c....

NAE NOOKIE
03-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Only if we were within 2 or 3 points of them by then and to be honest I just cant see that happening, apart from us and Falkirk there doesn't seem to be a team in the division capable of beating them, Falkirk gave it a good go the other day again. Hibs are doing a great job staying in touch, but the breaks we need just aint coming our way.

Super_JMcGinn
03-02-2016, 12:35 PM
I personally like when the Rangers come calling, and Hearts for that matter. There is no atmosphere like it at any other game. I also love it when we silence them :greengrin. I look forward to seeing 3000+ exit the stadium in the same manner when they last visited.

.Sean.
03-02-2016, 12:39 PM
Surely it should be a go-er selling 18000 odd tickets considering the thousands that will be crawling out the woodwork fo the cup final?

FastEddieFelson
03-02-2016, 12:41 PM
we should cut their allocation regardless

Ross4356
03-02-2016, 01:01 PM
I agree with everyone that we won't fill the 3 stands stadium however I do find it bizzare concidering this game is much bigger than the game at the weekend

PatHead
03-02-2016, 01:07 PM
Only if we were within 2 or 3 points of them by then and to be honest I just cant see that happening, apart from us and Falkirk there doesn't seem to be a team in the division capable of beating them, Falkirk gave it a good go the other day again. Hibs are doing a great job staying in touch, but the breaks we need just aint coming our way.

By all accounts Sevco were lucky to escape with 3 points last night. Only a dodgy disallowed Raith goal allowed them to walk away with a victory. I think there will be points dropped by each of us as the pressure mounts.

Edson Arantes
03-02-2016, 01:10 PM

Unfortunately this is true.

.Sean.
03-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Unfortunately this is true.
But they can all magically appear for a cup final??

scoopyboy
03-02-2016, 01:20 PM
we should cut their allocation regardless

Financial madness.

What's the point in Ozyhibby drumming up support for HSL to try and get guys to contribute a tenner a month or whatever and yet others are prepared to throw in the region of £50,000 away at the drop of a hat.

It's the money that allows us to bring the quality of player we are currently bringing in.

Ringothedog
03-02-2016, 01:20 PM
To try and fill the ground we should offer a deal, something along the lines of buy an Alloa ticket and Rangers Ticket for something around £40-45 for adults and £15 for concessions. Could potentially mean a lot more people at the Alloa game which is live on telly.

Ross4356
03-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Surely it should be a go-er selling 18000 odd tickets considering the thousands that will be crawling out the woodwork fo the cup final?

Stop your moaning, that's life

tartanhibee
03-02-2016, 01:41 PM
I think the Alloa game maybe quite busy as it's the only chance people will have to get on the database for cup final tickets before a general sale.

Ged
03-02-2016, 01:51 PM
To try and fill the ground we should offer a deal, something along the lines of buy an Alloa ticket and Rangers Ticket for something around £40-45 for adults and £15 for concessions. Could potentially mean a lot more people at the Alloa game which is live on telly.

Or the fans could just bother their arse to turn up.

My_Wife_Camille
03-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Get the vouchers out. Any tickets bought for this game guarantees you a cup final ticket.

Granted cup final tickets are more or less guaranteed anyway but still... Could be a decent incentive.

Pretty Boy
03-02-2016, 02:01 PM
If money was no object I'd cut Rangers allocation anyway and stick them in the top tier only as far away from the pitch as possible, one half of the top tier would be even better.

Sadly some Hibs fans won't (that's won't, not can't) turn up and support their club so Hibs can't turn their nose up at the cash a sold out away stand provides.

Mikey09
03-02-2016, 02:46 PM
If money was no object I'd cut Rangers allocation anyway and stick them in the top tier only as far away from the pitch as possible, one half of the top tier would be even better.

Sadly some Hibs fans won't (that's won't, not can't) turn up and support their club so Hibs can't turn their nose up at the cash a sold out away stand provides.

Whether people like it or not this is bang on. I am bemused as to why some won't get along to support this team.

Super_JMcGinn
03-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Whether people like it or not this is bang on. I am bemused as to why some won't get along to support this team.
I personally think cost is the main issue, another could well be the hassle of getting a ticket beside friends who are season ticket holders. I know personally of occasions when this has happened. I think if we opened up the FF for cash gates and sit wherever you want it might encourage groups to go. :confused:
It is definitely a lot more difficult now than it used to be. My dad says in his day there were always a few on match day who had no intention of going, 4 pints later they were there with everyone else,no queuing for 30 mins before KO.

Leithenhibby
03-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Financial madness.

What's the point in Ozyhibby drumming up support for HSL to try and get guys to contribute a tenner a month or whatever and yet others are prepared to throw in the region of £50,000 away at the drop of a hat.

It's the money that allows us to bring the quality of player we are currently bringing in.

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

Two very good points. :agree:

Surely it's more fun doing them over with a full stand, as they try to sneak out :wink:

HibsNutter
03-02-2016, 03:02 PM
It'll be astounding if we can take this 40K support that's being quoted through to Glasgow, but can't sell out three stands at Easter Road for a game that could be more important depending on how close we are to them.

03-02-2016, 03:45 PM

Exactly. People talking about taking 30k+ to hampden in March but we cant get 16/17k for a game at ER.

I realise many people live far away, can't afford to go every other week etc etc. but there ARE people out there who are more than able to come along to ER every other week who chose not to but are happy to tag along for the big events.

Hamish
03-02-2016, 03:48 PM
Game now 7th March for TV though this is dependent on SC results.

greenlex
We certainly wont fill it now. A monday night FFS. TV is killing the game.Take your money and GTF.

Mikey09
It'll be astounding if we can take this 40K support that's being quoted through to Glasgow, but can't sell out three stands at Easter Road for a game that could be more important depending on how close we are to them.

Yep. Folk will make the effort to travel to Hampden yet won't go to Easter Road? Incredible. Hope they all prove us wrong but won't hold my breath.

DH1875
03-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Games been moved. Cant see it selling out now.

Hamish
03-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Falkirk game in April moved as well, this time to a Friday night again for TV

HibsNutter
03-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Totally forgot this was the game before the cup final, I'm glad tbh will give us a stern test before playing premiership opposition again.

Ronniekirk
03-02-2016, 08:10 PM
We certainly wont fill it now. A monday night FFS. TV is killing the game.Take your money and GTF.

No chance of me making a Monday night either unless I take the afternoon off which is difficult to do for me .
But a Monday night for ****s sake .whats the rush to squeeze it in so quickly given how long we waited to play the rearranged Morton game and how long Rangers were given to rearrange postponed games last season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
03-02-2016, 08:17 PM
I personally think cost is the main issue, another could well be the hassle of getting a ticket beside friends who are season ticket holders. I know personally of occasions when this has happened. I think if we opened up the FF for cash gates and sit wherever you want it might encourage groups to go. :confused:
It is definitely a lot more difficult now than it used to be. My dad says in his day there were always a few on match day who had no intention of going, 4 pints later they were there with everyone else,no queuing for 30 mins before KO.What about the season ticket holders in the FF who will have others sitting in their seats every week?

leither17
03-02-2016, 08:29 PM

Surely the more fans at the game the better maybe they will get the bug back or we will make a new fan all together?

highland hibbee
03-02-2016, 08:32 PM
As MHHM pointed out years ago, the home support always drops when the bigot brothers come to town. Yes the attendance is higher but the home support drops. Add in the additional police costs, the cost of repairing the damage caused by their knuckle dragging missing links, and the drop in home support revenue, then I wonder how much the club would really lose financially by refusing them tickets......if any of the guys from MHHM are reading this they will, I'm sure, explain this far more eloquently and in more depth than me.

keep the faith
03-02-2016, 08:43 PM
A lot of sad hibbys this morning.

Unfortunately I agree with both your posts.

I'd love to see us getting enough to sell our tickets primarily but can't see that.

Mind you, plenty who could attend, will no doubt be at hampden the week after.

Correct. It's a sad affair that some hibees will choose to watch a game of this magnitude on tv.
I'm actually not bothered if that comment upsets some. It's a must attend game.

renato
03-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Monday night and Friday night means I can make both games - magic for me, although appreciate that will scupper plans for others. Can't wait.

NorthHibees
03-02-2016, 10:48 PM
Monday night and Friday night means it is very unlikely we will be able to attend these games anymore TV might have to do.

Libby Hibby
04-02-2016, 02:49 AM
We have filled ER before when TV is there, if we are still very much in the hunt of winning the league come these games, I'm sure the crowd will be decent regardless of TV.

The evening games may not suit some people and I feel for them but there will be a lot of people that will benefit from the change but it will depend on how well we are still doing.

hibeesathampden
04-02-2016, 05:11 AM
The date given for the game if either team progress in the cup is 19th or 20th April. This would leave only 2 league games to play. If we're within 3 points of them by this stage then surely we'd sell enough to cut their allocation for what could be a league decider!?

KWJ
04-02-2016, 05:47 AM

Folk come from far and wide to go see Hibs in a Cup Final. They aren't going to do that week in week out. We should be proud that we have such an international support and I love seeing on HibsTV where fans are tuning in from.

Should you decide to leave Edinburgh at some point you'll likely come round to this.

And then there's the kids, other halfs that don't normally go to football matches that come along and maybe, just maybe catch the bug and go along more often. Folk are to be encouraged to come along, not guilt tripped and definitely not abused for it when they do.

rotherhamrob
06-02-2016, 11:12 AM
Unfortunately if either of us qualify for the next round then that'll just give the huns a helping hand.
If the game was played on the original date, things had gone to plan, we had won our game in hand and beaten them, we would be 2 points behind with about 9 games to go, plenty of time to catch them, if however it's in april, again things go to plan, we end up 2 points behind then they'll only have 3 games where there's real pressure on them.
That to me is a massive difference.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-02-2016, 11:19 AM

Is that how you see Hibs fans? Crawling out of the woodwork? Really.