PDA

View Full Version : Sow to still play in the derby

02-02-2016, 11:36 AM
According to STV and Potters twitter, Sow could still be available to play on sunday in the derby despite agreeing a move to a Chinese club.

02-02-2016, 11:38 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/1341259-osman-sow-may-play-for-hearts-in-derby-despite-potential-china-move/

Mikey09
02-02-2016, 11:40 AM
According to STV and Potters twitter, Sow could still be available to play on sunday in the derby despite agreeing a move to a Chinese club.

Says it was part of the deal... Would be very surprised if he played any part in case he suffered a serious injury and scuppered the deal.

lucky
02-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Who cares he's never scored against us and just encourages them to lump it forward.

Springbank
02-02-2016, 11:54 AM
Who cares he's never scored against us and just encourages them to lump it forward.

Paul Hanlon: Fraser, underhit a pass to me early on, so Sow is committed. I'll hit Sow in the first two minutes, let them get the trainer on

Fraser Fyvie: ok Paul. Then when he comes back on you put a 50/50 in my direction. Sow will either bottle it (and get the stands on his back) or I'll leave a foot in.

Let's get the trainer working his magic sponge overtime

And let's see Ann Budge sweat on her 1.5M being tossed away

It's a lot of money, for her

Mikey09
02-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Paul Hanlon: Fraser, underhit a pass to me early on, so Sow is committed. I'll hit Sow in the first two minutes, let them get the trainer on

Fraser Fyvie: ok Paul. Then when he comes back on you put a 50/50 in my direction. Sow will either bottle it (and get the stands on his back) or I'll leave a foot in.

Let's get the trainer working his magic sponge overtime

And let's see Ann Budge sweat on her 1.5M being tossed away

It's a lot of money, for her

Not as blatant as I was saying but not far off!! :greengrin

02-02-2016, 12:07 PM
If he got injured would the Chinese club be entitled to completely call off the deal or is it already done in which case if he gets injured its simply tough **** for the Chinese club?

Sorry, just no idea how this deal is working.

If they are entitled to call off the deal, then thats a hell of a lot of money hearts risk loosing. Then again, the boy can score goals so since it's hibs I wouldn't be suprised if they risked it.

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2016, 12:19 PM
It'd be hilarious if he got a sore one that saw the deal cancelled and finished him for the season.

Mikey09
02-02-2016, 12:20 PM
If he got injured would the Chinese club be entitled to completely call off the deal or is it already done in which case if he gets injured its simply tough **** for the Chinese club?

Sorry, just no idea how this deal is working.

If they are entitled to call off the deal, then thats a hell of a lot of money hearts risk loosing. Then again, the boy can score goals so since it's hibs I wouldn't be suprised if they risked it.

Its a strange one. If he plays Budgie will be ****ting bricks the entire time he's on the park. Any normal club would never risk losing that much money on one game... However the creepy obsessives, phrase stolen from MattyF, are not a normal club.

oneone73
02-02-2016, 12:21 PM
It'd be hilarious if he got a sore one that saw the deal cancelled and finished him for the season.

Not Hibs class.

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Not Hibs class.

Don't care. :aok:

MrSmith
02-02-2016, 12:24 PM
oneone73

http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=4570483#post4570483)

Not Hibs class.

Today, 01:20 PM

Light hearted fun buddy

02-02-2016, 12:32 PM
Its a strange one. If he plays Budgie will be ****ting bricks the entire time he's on the park. Any normal club would never risk losing that much money on one game... However the creepy obsessives, phrase stolen from MattyF, are not a normal club.

Thats exactly what I mean, Mikey. Any other game and there is no danger they would even slightly risk a £1.5m deal being called off but like I say, its hibs so they most likely will.

easty
02-02-2016, 12:34 PM

Neither you should. I couldn't care less if he gets injured and ruled out for the season, why should we?

SQHib
02-02-2016, 12:34 PM
he can only be registered to one team so if he plays he must still be a hearts player meaning that the Chinese team do not own him yet so suspect they could in theory pull plug if he gets crocked ? And what federation do hearts complain to if that happens could be very long winded !!! eems very odd he would go there get a medical and fly back to play on Sunday then go have to go back over to sign and then start training ..... Seems very odd ... Do this team not want him asap to start training etc and get settled ....and also if he's not signed yet could another club not in theory do a pre contract deal with him now as he is still a hearts player and not signed a new deal yet with chinese club ? Think levein is pulling our plonker - more Derby mind games yawn .. Although will be hysterical if he turns an ankle or pulls a hammy or bottles a 50/50 !!

02-02-2016, 12:38 PM
he can only be registered to one team so if he plays he must still be a hearts player meaning that the Chinese team do not own him yet so suspect they could in theory pull plug if he gets crocked ? Seems very odd he would go there get a medical and fly back to play on Sunday then go have to go back over to sign and the start training ..... Seems very odd ... Think levein is pulling our plonker - more Derby mind games yawn .. Although will be hysterical if he turns an ankle or pulls a hammy !!!

Sounds like hearts are trying to get the best of both worlds, get 1.5m of Sow but keep him just a bit longer for the derby. If it wasn't hibs they were playing he'd prob be away.

AndyM_1875
02-02-2016, 12:40 PM
he can only be registered to one team so if he plays he must still be a hearts player meaning that the Chinese team do not own him yet so suspect they could in theory pull plug if he gets crocked ? Seems very odd he would go there get a medical and fly back to play on Sunday then go have to go back over to sign and the start training ..... Seems very odd ... Think levein is pulling our plonker - more Derby mind games yawn .. Although will be hysterical if he turns an ankle or pulls a hammy !!!

Agree. It's bollox.

Also even if there was a loophole there is no chance Ann Budge will allow a deal worth 7 figures to be wrecked by taking stupid risks.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-02-2016, 12:45 PM
There's something massively cringey about Craig Levein using Twitter

allezsauzee
02-02-2016, 12:50 PM
I hope he is playing because he's never troubled us before. Maybe this Chinese mob will watch the game ,realise he's toalies and pull the plug on the deal

KeithTheHibby
02-02-2016, 12:53 PM

Budge will tell Potter to tell his puppet not to play him. They are that type of club.

KeithTheHibby
02-02-2016, 12:54 PM
There's something massively cringey about Craig Levein using Twitter

There's something massively cringey about Levein full stop.

hibs4life
02-02-2016, 12:54 PM
Surely if he plays on Sunday he still needs to be registered to Hearts and therefore in effect the sale isn't done until after that, which is obviously beyond the transfer window.
I might be wrong but this sounds like post window transfer activity to allow him to play on Sunday, so can't quite see how that would work.

poolman
02-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Surely if he plays on Sunday he still needs to be registered to Hearts and therefore in effect the sale isn't done until after that, which is obviously beyond the transfer window.
I might be wrong but this sounds like post window transfer activity to allow him to play on Sunday, so can't quite see how that would work.

That's exactly what I was thinking

Monts
02-02-2016, 01:01 PM
I think China have a different transfer window, much like how we sold O'Connor to Russia outside of our window.

hibs0666
02-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Good. I want they canutes to have no excuses for the result.

poolman
02-02-2016, 01:08 PM
I think China have a different transfer window, much like how we sold O'Connor to Russia outside of our window.

Ah, that makes it clear

givescotlandfreedom
02-02-2016, 01:09 PM
Not surprising if it's in the deal. Everything they do revolves around us.

.Sean.
02-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Not Hibs class.
I hope it's a leg breaker. Is that classy enough?

The_Sauz
02-02-2016, 01:43 PM
Not surprising if it's in the deal. Everything they do revolves around us.

If that's the case, then it must be a loan deal!
You can't get transfered from one club to another and yet still play for the other one who has just sold you.:confused:

Andy74
02-02-2016, 01:46 PM
If that's the case, then it must be a loan deal!
You can't get transfered from one club to another and yet still play for the other one who has just sold you.:confused:

I think the point is the deal won't be completed until after the derby.

Anyway, couldn't care less who plays for them.

Onion
02-02-2016, 03:03 PM

He will not play. Avril is simply playing his usual silly games with Hibs. He's obsessed with us like every other Yam.

The guy is currently in CHINA, undergoing a MEDICAL. What idiots would sign a 7 fig contract and then allow him to play in a game like Sunday's and risk the whole deal ? It's beyond stupid.

Ozyhibby
02-02-2016, 03:45 PM
He will not play. Avril is simply playing his usual silly games with Hibs. He's obsessed with us like every other Yam.

The guy is currently in CHINA, undergoing a MEDICAL. What idiots would sign a 7 fig contract and then allow him to play in a game like Sunday's and risk the whole deal ? It's beyond stupid.

As far as this deal is concerned, there appears to be no shortage of idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nutmegged
02-02-2016, 03:49 PM

Doubt it to be honest, if Ann Budge is that concerned about it then she would simply not allow it to happen, no head honcho would.

02-02-2016, 03:49 PM

I thought as much, sounds like a totally bizarre situation. Then again, like you say they are totally obsessed therefore it wouldn't actually surprise me if this deal was being done around the hibs game.

Golden Bear
02-02-2016, 03:55 PM

Yip. Plenty of people have been taken in - starting with the size of the transfer fee!

hibs0666
02-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Listen chaps, this is a Potter-esque attempt at a mind-f!"k. No need to rise to it, or give it a second thought.

BRING ON THE PIG POTTER YA ****** TRAMP.

JimBHibees
02-02-2016, 04:11 PM
Just spouting the Hearts line IMO no way he will play.

Pete
02-02-2016, 04:21 PM
They'll lump it to him? They'll lump it to someone else?

What's the difference?

Onion
02-02-2016, 04:24 PM

At least 4 parties with a vested interest in this deal going through smoothly :

Yams - now need the money to pay for their 3 signings yesterday, and can ill afford to lose a huge transfer fee.
Reds - would not accept a crocked guy for 7 figs.
Agent - miss out on a huge payday.
Player - lose his sign-on fee, increased wages and move.

How funny would it be if this match cost the Yams a million quid :aok:

Roxyhibee
02-02-2016, 04:26 PM
Really hope he plays - overwhelmingly average from what I remember in last year's derbies.

ive got more of a discomfort of 'brand new striker syndrome' happening - even if they turn out rank, they're most dangerous on their debuts for some strange reason.. Golden chances seem to just regularly fall for the new boy.

Must be be a reason for that.

leggeto
02-02-2016, 04:29 PM

Lol

Big_Franck
02-02-2016, 04:44 PM
They'll lump it to him? They'll lump it to someone else?

What's the difference?

Exactly, their tactics will be the same as they always are - play long balls up to their big forward and try to bully the Hibs defenders.

Sow has been anonymous in every derby he has played in and I don't expect that to be any different on Sunday.

ekhibee
02-02-2016, 05:20 PM
couldn't care less if he plays, he never scores goals like these: https://youtu.be/cxQR_dd7vCI

Aldo
02-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Mind games from potter.

He won't play and if he does he may pick up an injury that'll make them a fair whack of cash... Something the just simply cannot knock back.

Matty_Jack04
02-02-2016, 06:01 PM
Load of Tom kite from potter here trying to stir up a bit mind games, yesterday's transfer spree might have the yams wetting their pants but for the squad turning up to training today with new faces in and old faces away would be unsettling, sow hasn't done anything against us before and there new guy has managed 3 goals this season it's a no biggy from me

Captain Trips
02-02-2016, 06:06 PM
Stokes, Cummings, Dagnall, Keatings, F+++ Sow :gwa: