02-02-2016, 10:52 AM
Are you joking?

Siralbertkidd
02-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Are you joking?

Afraid not, I have just checked SFA site, and he is named. :confused:

StevieT
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/ScottishCup/20.%20Scottish%20Cup%205th%20Rnd%20Appts%20-%20Saturday%206th%20-%20Sunday%207th%20February%202016.pdf

No he is not joking

GreenCastle
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/ScottishCup/20.%20Scottish%20Cup%205th%20Rnd%20Appts%20-%20Saturday%206th%20-%20Sunday%207th%20February%202016.pdf

Oh I love Craig :partyhibb

Smartie
02-02-2016, 10:57 AM
TBH I might flog my ticket if that p***k is referee.

Their hammer throwers will have a field day, not even worth turning up to.

grunt
02-02-2016, 10:57 AM
So, should the club complain?

McSwanky
02-02-2016, 10:58 AM
:rolleyes:

leggeto
02-02-2016, 10:58 AM
Well that's it then,we all know what way the big decisions are going,they spfl are jokers

Albanian Hibs
02-02-2016, 10:59 AM
Ridiculous. They are obviously worried that we might win.

Geo_1875
02-02-2016, 11:02 AM
Un****ingbelievable

Scouse Hibee
02-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Remember how Stubbs said at the weekend that when he arrived the club had the mentality of "why does it always happen to us". This is what he is talking about,FFS time and time again folk on here go on about it.Move on, if we play as we can it wouldn't matter if Levein was the ref!

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-02-2016, 11:05 AM
[emoji35]

southfieldhibby
Remember how Stubbs said at the weekend that when he arrived the club had the mentality of "why does it always happen to us". This is what he is talking about,FFS time and time again folk on here go on about it.Move on, if we play as we can it wouldn't matter if Levein was the ref!

This isn't entirely true.

The Tubs
We might be better playing our youth team so the jambo troglodytes aren't allowed to cripple guys like Cummings and Stokes at will, as well as avoiding suspensions for any Hibs player who tries to stand up to them.

Geo_1875
02-02-2016, 11:06 AM

I agree with all that you say but you can guarantee there will be a major decision that defies belief.

Golden Bear
02-02-2016, 11:06 AM

I tend to agree, but at the same time the more pressure we can apply prior to Sunday then maybe its just feasible that Thomson will feel obliged to ref the game without bias for a change

CentreLine
02-02-2016, 11:07 AM

That's as may be but he needs to know we all know he is a cheat before the game kicks off. At least then he might consider his decisions more closely. He has made too many impossibly wrong calls in Hearts' favour in the past for it to be a coincidence in my book.

Thecat23
02-02-2016, 11:09 AM
Guys get as much as you can afford on Hearts to get a pen. Or even a red card for Hibs. In fact do both!

We will just need to wear our American Football strip because he will let them boot us up and down the park.

Scouse Hibee
02-02-2016, 11:10 AM
That's as may be but he needs to know we all know he is a cheat before the game kicks off. At least then he might consider his decisions more closely. He has made too many impossibly wrong calls in Hearts' favour in the past for it to be a coincidence in my book.

I think he is well versed by now in regard to our feelings towards him.

Gettin' Auld
02-02-2016, 11:11 AM
Well that's it then,we all know what way the big decisions are going,they spfl are jokersThe

They may well be jokers, but it's not them who appoint referees for games, blame the SFA.

SouthMoroccoStu
02-02-2016, 11:12 AM

Oh joy :rolleyes:

Brightside
02-02-2016, 11:13 AM
I'll be passing on my ticket. He should never be allowed to ref an Edinburgh game. An open Jambo. Pics all over the internet of him doing the 1-5 and still he is named as ref. the SFA really is a shambles.

GreenArmyyy!
02-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Absolute roaster. I detest him more than any footballer on this earth, that says it all really.

grunt
02-02-2016, 11:17 AM
I'll be passing on my ticket. He should never be allowed to ref an Edinburgh game. An open Jambo. Pics all over the internet of him doing the 1-5 and still he is named as ref. the SFA really is a shambles.No pictures of him actually doing it, are there? In the photo above, he's just with a group of kids. Nothing he could do about that.

Brightside
02-02-2016, 11:18 AM
No pictures of him actually doing it, are there? In the photo above, he's just with a group of kids. Nothing he could do about that.

You mean like not smile like he is getting a blowie from Potter?

truehibernian
02-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Terrible ref but we benefitted at the weekend getting the weaker of two teams due to him missing a hulk hogan moment on Gordon.

Devils advocate here - since that final I think he's been lenient towards Hibs since - watched him closely and I think we've had big decisions go for us when he's refereed since - just my thoughts.

CentreLine
02-02-2016, 11:20 AM
I think he is well versed by now in regard to our feelings towards him.

No harm in a vocal reminder

easty
02-02-2016, 11:20 AM
I tend to agree, but at the same time the more pressure we can apply prior to Sunday then maybe its just feasible that Thomson will feel obliged to ref the game without bias for a change

Wasn't that also what we thought prior to that cup final game?

yerauldda
02-02-2016, 11:21 AM
People need to get a grip of themselves. I think Thomson is a poor referee, as most are in this country and we have been on the receiving end of a couple of poor decisions from him. However, for anyone to suggest him or any other referee has some sort of vendetta against Hibs is just ridiculous.

Play like we can and we will win. We will not be bullied by anyone with Stubbs in charge.

easty
I'll be passing on my ticket. He should never be allowed to ref an Edinburgh game. An open Jambo. Pics all over the internet of him doing the 1-5 and still he is named as ref. the SFA really is a shambles.

Pass it this way then! :greengrin

leggeto
The

They may well be jokers, but it's not them who appoint referees for games, blame the SFA.

The SFA then

easty
02-02-2016, 11:22 AM
People need to get a grip of themselves. I think Thomson is a poor referee, as most are in this country and we have been on the receiving end of a couple of poor decisions from him. However, for anyone to suggest him or any other referee has some sort of vendetta against Hibs is just ridiculous.

Play like we can and we will win. We will not be bullied by anyone with Stubbs in charge.

Did you watch that cup final? :confused:

Geo_1875
02-02-2016, 11:22 AM
No pictures of him actually doing it, are there? In the photo above, he's just with a group of kids. Nothing he could do about that.

No pictures of him doing it but he can obviously see what they're up. He could have removed the cheesy grin from his face. Poor judgement at a minimum.

The Tubs
02-02-2016, 11:23 AM
If Fergie was in charge of Hibs, you can guarantee that he would come out today and immediately list the incidents from the cup final so that they were being debated and shown in the media.

Hibs have to try to get as much pressure as possible put on him. Though, I suppose we're talking about Scottish football, and the fact that he's been award this game - despite everything that happened in the cup final and after it - shows that no amount of pressure will have any influence on this decision, or the need for him to referee Sunday's game fairly.

leggeto
02-02-2016, 11:25 AM

Its a derby you just can't play the way you want to and if you can its rare,it will be a 100 mph physical game and a strong ref is needed,no that shower of *****

Hibernia&Alba

Oh joy :rolleyes:

WTF?

Well, that's that then. Another year without the SC

:giruy2:Thomson, you clown

yerauldda
Did you watch that cup final? :confused:

I did and I was as upset as anyone. He made that decision because he's a poor referee, not because he hates Hibs. We lost that final because we were bloody awful, not because of Craig Thomson.

Big_Franck
02-02-2016, 11:26 AM
If Fergie was in charge of Hibs, you can guarantee that he would come out today and immediately list the incidents from the cup final so that they were being debated and shown in the media.

Hibs have to try to get as much pressure as possible put on him. Though, I suppose we're talking about Scottish football, and the fact that he's been award this game - despite everything that happened in the cup final and after it - shows that no amount of pressure will have any influence on this decision, or the need for him to referee Sunday's game fairly.

That's exactly what someone at the club, and it wouldn't need to be Stubbs, should be doing. But we won't do that as it's not 'Hibs class'. Instead we'll bend over and wait for the shafting as we always do.

Geo_1875
02-02-2016, 11:27 AM

Try a couple of poor decisions every game.

And for those who think he's gone soft on us, we get few decisions in dangerous areas. He gives soft free kicks in the centre circle and a dodgy offside against Skacel because he wasn't playing for his team.

CentreLine
02-02-2016, 11:28 AM

Let's just say that, come Sunday evening, we are unlikely to be discussing the dogie penalty decision he made in our favour and how his terrible refereeing errors led to our victory

SouthMoroccoStu
Can someone repost the fantastic compiled report of the breakdown of CT reffed games against Hibs?

Who ever put it together took a lot of effort to make it

Anyone who reads it and says he's not bias against it is a jambo

Waxy
The jambos will be practicing their dives into the 23 yard box.

Hibernia&Alba
I can't believe it. But, then again, I can.

Lee Marvin
02-02-2016, 11:29 AM
This is an absolute disgrace. How can someone who openly supports one team referee a derby at home. His whole family will probably be at the game ffs

Geo_1875
02-02-2016, 11:30 AM
I did and I was as upset as anyone. He made that decision because he's a poor referee, not because he hates Hibs. We lost that final because we were bloody awful, not because of Craig Thomson.

Which one was that? Not sending Black off for assaulting Sparky? Giving a penalty and a second booking for a foul outside the area? Or one of the many he made all day.

leggeto
02-02-2016, 11:30 AM
Can someone repost the fantastic compiled report of the breakdown of CT reffed games against Hibs?

I remember that list

givescotlandfreedom
02-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Cheating Hearts rat.

easty
02-02-2016, 11:33 AM

We did lose cos we were crap, I'd no argue that, it wouldn't have ended up nearly as much of a pumping as it did if the that **** hadn't been so ridiculously awful though.

Smartie
02-02-2016, 11:33 AM

We lost because we were bloody awful and would have lost whoever was referee that day.

We were pumped because of the major contributions of Thomson at key times during that game.

Was he not the "brown trout" referee? I remember in the run up to the cup final we weren't happy because of problems we'd had with him before that - what were those problems again?

yerauldda
02-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Which one was that? Not sending Black off for assaulting Sparky? Giving a penalty and a second booking for a foul outside the area? Or one of the many he made all day.

I can't remember the Ian Black decision as I've tried to block out as much of that day as I possibly can. He's a poor referee and from what I have heard from him he is an arrogant man but I don't believe that he is anti-Hibs.

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 11:35 AM
If the players are flapping over who is the ref like the people are on here we are in trouble.

Personally I don't give a f*** who the ref is and I believe the players will think the same.

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 11:36 AM

The penalty decision was wrong but the second booking was correct.

lord bunberry
02-02-2016, 11:38 AM
It's a joke that he's allowed to ref this game. I hope Stubbs really applies the pressure after tonight.

hibsmad
02-02-2016, 11:39 AM
He hasn't gone soft on us. He realised he ****ed us over when it really mattered and is now probably happy enough to treat us like any other club. Let's see how he treats us on Sunday - the next time it really matters.

He was card happy in the Celtic Ross County match. Will he be so card happy when the Hearts players are throwing their weight around this weekend?

I can't believe some people think it is so far fetched and unbelievable that one referee can dislike a club.

Geo_1875
02-02-2016, 11:40 AM

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?378-Craig-Thomson

It's from 2 years ago but we haven't had him much since then.

Big_Franck
02-02-2016, 11:40 AM
The penalty decision was wrong but the second booking was correct.

And Black's assault on Griffiths that didn't even result in a yellow?

Big_Franck
02-02-2016, 11:42 AM

Agree with this, if anyone can find it please post a link. I was 90% sure Thomson was a cheat before reading the break down of how he has refereed Hibs and Hearts games over the years, that article left me in no doubt whatsoever.

CallumLaidlaw
02-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Wee search found this -

“First of all, I do not want to appear as a conspiracy theorist, but I thought that I would have a look at every referee’s performance at our games since the start of season 2011-12. I broke it down to the numbers of games each were in charge, number of yellow and red cards given to our players and number of penalties awarded to us. I did start to look at the cards, pens etc given to opposition players in these games to get a contrast but I was only able to find that information going back to Jan’ 2013. In this period we have had 117 competitive games refereed by Scottish refs. We have had 19 different refs, four have only been in charge for one game each. I have also worked out the average of yellow cards per game for each ref. I will let you draw your own conclusions. I list them in alphabetical order so as not to sway your thinking.”

Referee / Games / Yellows awarded against Hibernian / Reds awarded against Hibernian / Penalties awarded for Hibernian / Average yellows per game

Crawford Allan,------- 6 games, 7 yellow, 1 red, 1 pen, average yellow cards per game 1.17
John Beaton,--------- 5 games, 12 yellow, 1 red, 1 pen, average 2.40
Iain Brines,----------- 7 games, 4 yellow, 0 red, 0 pen, average 0.57
Craig Charleston,------3 games, 6 yellow, 0 red, 0 pen, average 2.00
Kevin Clancy,---------4 games, 5 yellow, 0 red, 0 pen, average 1.50
Willie Collum,-------- 14 games, 21 yellow, 1 red, 2 pen, average 1.5
Brian Colvin,--------- 3 games, 3 yellow, 0 red, 0 pen, average 1.00
Mike Conroy,---------2 games, 2 yellow, 0 red, 1 pen, average 1.00
Stephen Finnie,------3 games, 6 yellow, 1 red, 0 pen, average 2.00
Bobby Madden,----- 13 games, 16 yellow, 0 red, 1 pen, average 1.23
John McKendrick,---- 1 game, 1 yellow, 0 red, 0 pen, average 1.00
Steve McLean,----- 13 games, 25 yellow, 1 red, 3 pens, average 1.92
Alan Muir,----------- 5 games, 12 yellow, 0 red, 0 pen, average 2.40
Calum Murray,------- 7 games, 10 yellows, 0 red, 0 pen, average 1.43
Euan Norris,--------- 5 games, 8 yellows, 0 red, 2 pens, average 1.60
Steve O’Reilly,------- 6 games, 16 yellow, 0 red, 2 pens, average 2.67
Charlie Richmond,---- 1 games, 1 yellow, 0 red, 1 pen, average 1.00
George Salmond,-----1 games, 1 yellow, 0 red, 0 pen, average 1.00
Craig Thomson,----- 17 games, 46 yellow, 2 red, 0 pen, average 2.71
B. Winter,----------- 1 games, 2 yellow, 0 red, 0 pen, average 2.00

Total 117 games, 181 yellow, 7 red, 14 pens for. Average yellow per game 1.54

Referee / Games / Yellows awarded against opposition / Reds awarded against opposition / Penalties awarded for opposition / Average yellows per game

Crawford Allan,------- 4 games, 6 yellow, 2 red, 1 pen, average yellow cards per game 1.50
John Beaton,--------- 3 games, 5 yellow,0 red, 1 pen, average 1.67
Iain Brines,----------- 3 games, 5 yellow, 0 red, 0 pen, average 1.67
Craig Charleston,----- 1 games, 0 yellow, 0 red, 0 pen, average 0.00
Kevin Clancy,-------- 3 games, 5 yellow, 0 red, 1 pen, average 1.67
Willie Collum,--------- 7 games, 11 yellow, 1 red, 0 pen, average 1.57
Brian Colvin,----------2 games, 4 yellow, 0 red, 0 pen, average 2.00
Bobby Madden,------- 6 games, 15 yellow, 0 red, 1 pen, average 2.50
John McKendrick,----- 1 game, 1 yellow, 0 red, 0 pen, average 1.00
Steve McLean,------- 6 games, 5 yellow, 1 red, 0 pens, average 0.83
Alan Muir,------------ 2 games, 3 yellow, 1 red, 1 pen, average 1.50
Calum Murray,-------- 1 games, 0 yellows, 0 red, 0 pen, average 0.00
Euan Norris,---------- 1 games, 3 yellows, 0 red, 0 pens, average 3.00
Craig Thomson,------- 6 games, 8 yellow, 0 red, 2 pen, average 1.33

Total 46 games, 71 yellow, 5 red, 7 pens for, Average yellow per game 1.54

(2) Put in a slightly different way, and including roughly equivalent statistics on Heart of Midlothian matches where Mr Thomson has refereed for comparison, here, below, are Mr Thomson’s games from start of 2011/2012 season to present. (The opposition statistics are in brackets).

Hibernian
Games = 17
Yellows = 46 (21) 68%/32%
Reds = 2 (2) 50%/50%
Penalty Awards = 0 (5) 0%/100%

Hearts
Games = 15
Yellows = 27 (36) 43%/57%
Reds = 0 (3) 0%/100%
Penalty Awards = 4 (1) 80%/20%

To further explore Mr Thomson’s statistics (3) an analysis of the figures for clubs (**) in which he has refereed over 25 games would suggest the team with the highest likelihood of getting a player booked is Hibernian (2.28 per game or 73 in 32 games) whilst the club involved in games where the opposition are least likely to get booked is also Hibernian (1.38pg). The side least likely to get awarded a penalty from Mr Thomson is Hibernian (0.06pg or 2 in 32) and most likely to get a penalty awarded against them is also Hibernian (0.28pg or 9 in 32).

(*2) Statistically, based on the data above; Mr Thomson is more than twice as likely to book a Hibernian player as an opposition player. He is 30% more likely to award the opposition a penalty during a match against Hibernian and 0% likely to award a penalty to Hibernian.

He is also more than 25% likely to award Hearts a penalty when officiating one of their games and 20% more likely to send an opposition player off. He is 0% likely to send a Hearts player off.

These statistics are based on the last 17 games that he has taken charge of involving Hibernian, which covers the current season and the 2 seasons prior to it, and the 15 games that he has been in charge involving Hearts during the same time period.

(*3) At the time of writing this document; this season Mr Thomson has refereed 14 SPFL games and handed out 48 yellow cards. He has awarded two penalties this season, one in the Hibernian v Celtic match against Hibernian and the other was awarded to Hearts against Dundee United when Hearts lost 4-1.

(*3) Mr Thomson’s overall statistics are that he has refereed 32 Hibernian matches, Hibernian have won 11, drawn 3 and lost 18. He has booked 73 Hibernian players and sent off 4 whilst booking 44 opponents and sending off 2. He has awarded Hibernian 2 penalties whilst giving the opposition 9.

Having booked Hibernian players 73 times and opposition players 44 times gives Mr Thomson a ratio of 73/44 or 1.66. Simply put, if a referee had booked the same number of players from each team then that ratio would be 1. One would anticipate that over a long career an impartial referee would look to have a ratio of 1 or as near as possible to it and would perhaps be concerned if there was evidence that he effectively booked on overage 1.66 players from one team as opposed to 1 from every other team they played.

(4) Here are Mr Thomson's full statistics on the website listed by another Hibernian poster (5), which takes all his games involving all the current Premiership /SPL into consideration.

On average, Mr Thomson awards 1.70 yellow cards per game (excludes Hibernian, includes double-yellows).

On average, Mr Thomson gives Hibernian 2.41 yellow cards per game.
He gives Hibernian 42% more yellow cards than his average.

On average, Mr Thomson awards 1.38 yellow cards against Hibernian opposition per game.
He gives Hibernian opposition 18% fewer yellow cards than his average.

In Hibernian games, he gives Hibernian 75% more yellow cards than the opposition.

After Hibernian, the next worst “sufferers” are Kilmarnock. In their games Mr Thomson gives Kilmarnock 27% more cards than the opposition.

In Hearts games, Mr Thomson gives the opposition 24% more yellow cards than Hearts.

On average, Mr Thomson awards 0.13 pens per game to all other teams, and 0.06 per game to Hibernian; in effect, he is half as likely to award Hibernian a penalty as any other team.

On average, Mr Thomson awards 0.10 penalties against other teams and 0.28 against Hibernian i.e. he is three times more likely to give a penalty against Hibernian than any other team.

In the 6 derby games that Mr Thomson has refereed he has given 20 yellow cards to Hibernian and 11 to Hearts. That is an average of 3.33 per game to Hibernian. He has given 1 double yellow to Hibernian and none to Hearts, which brings the average to 3.66 yellows to Hibernian. He has given 1 straight red to Hibernian and none to Hearts. He has given no penalties to Hibernian and 1 to Hearts. He has never given more cards to Hearts than Hibernian in any of these games he has refereed.

(3) Hibernian are only second most likely to have a player sent off (0.13 or 4 in 32) which is only slightly behind Rangers (0.15 or 5 in 33). We are third least likely to have an opposition player red carded (0.06 or 2 in 32) a short distance behind 2nd least likely Aberdeen (0.06 or 2 in 31) and surprisingly Celtic (0.04 or 2 in 51). There is a higher probability of Mr Thomson sending off an opposition player against Hearts than any other team (0.26 or 10 in 38) which is double that of the next best. For balance Hearts are second most likely (behind Hibernian) to have a player booked by Mr Thomson but second least likely to have a player sent off (behind Dundee United). For context it is also worth noting that Hearts have been fined for poor discipline on seven successive occasions, which does make one consider if that indicates that every other referee was getting it wrong in Hearts games during that period.

If we look at other referees who seem to get the highest profile encounters such as Mr Brines, Mr Collum and Mr Murray then we find that Mr Thomson’s booking rate for Hibernian players is still the highest overall at 2.28 per game. Mr Collum is most likely to book a Hearts player (2.27 pg).

Bookings for Hibernian players are Mr Thomson at 2.28 pg; Mr Murray 2.07pg; Mr Collum 1.67pg and Mr Brines 1.67pg. Mr Murray has only refereed 14 Hibernian games.

Bookings for Hearts players are Mr Collum 2.27pg; Mr Brines 2.16pg; Mr Thomson 1.87pg and Mr Murray 1.57pg.

CallumLaidlaw
02-02-2016, 11:46 AM
the full link to the above post - http://www.hibs.net/content.php?378-Craig-Thomson

Kato
02-02-2016, 11:48 AM

Before people "get a grip of themselves" maybe you could get a grip of yourself and digest this.

...and Anti-Hibs ref if ever there was one.

SouthMoroccoStu

It's from 2 years ago but we haven't had him much since then.

That's the one!

Massive well done to matty_f for the work he put into this

In summary, CT is a cheating ****

Salt N Sauzee

Completely agree with this. We were honking that day. Makes us look pathetic when we try and blame the ref for the loss.

hibsmad
02-02-2016, 11:50 AM
Wee search found this -

Aye he's no biased :crazy:

Even if people argued that we were pish for large periods of time when these statistics were gathered, we were never really a big physical side. The yellow card statistics are unreal.

givescotlandfreedom
02-02-2016, 11:50 AM
Completely agree with this. We were honking that day. Makes us look pathetic when we try and blame the ref for the loss.

That's the thing though. It wasn't just that day he's cheated us in. MattyF's list shows that. That's just one high profile humiliation he contributed strongly to.

Hibernia&Alba
02-02-2016, 11:51 AM

Thomson was awful that day, but the team was even worse. He played his part, but the disgraceful performance of the team was much more influential in the pumping.

That said, he's a Hearts man and he doesn't like Hibs. Giving him another derby is shocking.

Hibs90
02-02-2016, 11:54 AM
Hope the club do something about this. Whether he's a cheat or one of them is regardless. His record of refereeing Hibs games is shocking

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 11:55 AM
And Black's assault on Griffiths that didn't even result in a yellow?

That was wrong but that's not what I was referring to. Kujabi getting sent off for that foul was correct given that he was already on a yellow.

aussie_hibee
02-02-2016, 11:55 AM
Wee search found this -

That's grim reading....!

Mr White
02-02-2016, 11:56 AM
The fact that he was appointed to ref our next game after that final (3 nil opening day loss at tannadice) speaks volumes about those running our game. They'll be s******ing with delight to be able to wheel him out again in such a high profile derby.

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Hope the club do something about this. Whether he's a cheat or one of them is regardless. His record of refereeing Hibs games is shocking

Maybe we should concede the tie.

wfortune
02-02-2016, 11:57 AM
Could our Fans reps on the board not highlight our disgust.

02-02-2016, 11:58 AM
What an absolute joke of a decision. His alliances to hearts are well known so how he gets anywhere near a derby is beyond me! No wonder the yams are absolutely creaming themsleves at this news, they know fine well they've just been handed a massive advantage.

lord bunberry
02-02-2016, 11:59 AM
Maybe we should concede the tie.
We should openly voice our concerns about his appointment to put a bit of pressure on the hearts ****.

AlbertK86
02-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Before people "get a grip of themselves" maybe you could get a grip of yourself and digest this. http://www.hibs.net/content.php?378-Craig-Thomson ...and Anti-Hibs ref if ever there was one.

Has anybody emailed this to the SFA

02-02-2016, 12:03 PM

I agree, we were one the the absolute worst hibs teams in living memory against a highly financially inflated hearts team. We were never going to win that day regardless of referee but after HT when we had just got our goal back, Mr Thompson had to make sure he played his part in ensuring their victory and although we would have still lost, I still don;t think the scoreline would have been as flattering for them if it wasn't for CT having his helping hand in the matter.

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 12:04 PM
We should openly voice our concerns about his appointment to put a bit of pressure on the hearts ****.

I see where you are coming from but I would far rather we just got on with it.

cabbageandribs1875
02-02-2016, 12:07 PM
couldn't make this up

Kato
02-02-2016, 12:07 PM
That was wrong but that's not what I was referring to. Kujabi getting sent off for that foul was correct given that he was already on a yellow.

Kujabi's first yellow was an offence that Hearts players seemed to get away that day, and worse.

hibsmad
02-02-2016, 12:08 PM
Serious question but would it not be a good idea for the club to come out and acknowledge the fans concerns regarding Thompson's record against us? However stating at the same time that they have absolutely no doubt that the previous stats are purely coincidental and that they have no objection whatsoever to Thompson being in charge of any match involving Hibs.

Just a comment to bring it into the public eye but without calling anyone a cheat.

The thought of full time coming on Sunday and another major decision against us which costs us the match is pretty hard to take.

lord bunberry
02-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Normally I would agree, but I don't want us to be talking about how he has cost us again with his usual incompetence/cheating as you can bet there will be nothing done if he does.

matty_f
02-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Can i just point out that i had nothing to do with the list/article - that was put together by the poster tomf. I just shared it onto the blog section on the front page. I can't take credit for it.

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Kujabi's first yellow was an offence that Hearts players seemed to get away that day, and worse.

Agreed but again that's not what I am referring to.

Kujabi's tackle was wreckless and deserved what he got, completely irresponsible considering we had got a lift from getting a goal back.

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Normally I would agree, but I don't want us to be talking about how he has cost us again with his usual incompetence/cheating as you can bet there will be nothing done if he does.

Maybe he will make a wrong call in our favour :dunno:

matty_f
02-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Agreed but again that's not what I am referring to.

Kujabi's tackle was wreckless and deserved what he got, completely irresponsible considering we had got a lift from getting a goal back.

It didn't deserve a penalty, to be fair to him.

02-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Serious question but would it not be a good idea for the club to come out and acknowledge the fans concerns regarding Thompson's record against us? However stating at the same time that they have absolutely no doubt that the previous stats are purely coincidental and that they have no objection whatsoever to Thompson being in charge of any match involving Hibs.

Just a comment to bring it into the public eye but without calling anyone a cheat.

The thought of full time coming on Sunday and another major decision against us which costs us the match is pretty hard to take.

The amount of big decisions that have gone against us in derbies is beyond a joke. If it ever does "even itself out" boy are we in for one hell of a treat!

Big decisions happen all the time and sometimes they are wrong but it seems to be a bit of a derby tradition these days!

berwickhibee
02-02-2016, 12:14 PM
sums up the SFA, why oh why would they put themselves in this position when there is better more competent referees out there, and not 1 with a shady past and on the back of a poor performance again on sunday. the man is totally incompetent and makes sure the headlines are about him:confused:

Since90+2
I hope the club , in some capacity , to lean on the media to mention his record on refereeing Hibs games.

Absolutely guaranteed that if similar stats were compiled to show bias against Celtic or Sevco it would be all over the press.

Kato

Correct, what with it being outside the box and all.

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 12:15 PM

It was outside the box Matty but the tackle was worthy of a yellow card.

Kato
sums up the SFA, why oh why would they put themselves in this position when there is better more competent referees out there, and not 1 with a shady past and on the back of a poor performance again on sunday. the man is totally incompetent and makes sure the headlines are about him:confused:

Is it not Thomson and some other ref who is in charge of allocating games?

flash
Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Correct, what with it being outside the box and all.

Was it a bookable offence, yes or no?

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

A winners attitude if I ever saw it.

BroxburnHibee
02-02-2016, 12:18 PM
Nobody knows for sure how that final would have went but arguably Black should have been off which would have had an effect.

That and the penalty were 2 absolutely shocking decisions which definitely had a say in the final result.

greenginger
02-02-2016, 12:18 PM

Normally it was a cert. bookable offence, but considering what Black got away with without a booking ....:confused:

stantonhibby
02-02-2016, 12:19 PM

Agree it was a yellow albeit it was a tug on the jersey I think (I have tried to blank it from my memory)

SeanWilson
02-02-2016, 12:20 PM

I agree with the essence of what you're saying, however this man is a known yam who has had countless dreadful games involving us and them.... How he gets anywhere near the Derby is anybody's guess!

flash
02-02-2016, 12:20 PM
A winners attitude if I ever saw it.

Just don't see the point of a wave of doom and gloom at a time when we are riding high.

lord bunberry
02-02-2016, 12:21 PM
Maybe he will make a wrong call in our favour :dunno:
There's a first time for everything I suppose. :greengrin

flash
I agree with the essence of what you're saying, however this man is a known yam who has had countless dreadful games involving us and them.... How he gets anywhere near the Derby is anybody's guess!

He isn't a yam, he didn't make a 5-1 gesture and he is a crap referee.

CraigHibee
**** thomson and **** hearts lets go out and do this!

SeanWilson
02-02-2016, 12:22 PM
He isn't a yam, he didn't make a 5-1 gesture and he is a crap referee.

Maybe I'm wrong, however my brother in law seems to thinks he's a Jambo? Perhaps he's just on the wind up.

Edit: bro in law is a yam (that's why I reference him lol)

Carheenlea
02-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Maybe we have picked this up wrong - Is he actually refereeing or is it not more likely he is getting wheeled out at half time alongside Paulo Sergio to be hailed by the ("yet another sold out") home support?

yerauldda
02-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Hopefully the players get on with it no matter who is officiating. It will make it all the more sweeter winning with Sergio and Thomson present.

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Nobody knows for sure how that final would have went but arguably Black should have been off which would have had an effect.

That and the penalty were 2 absolutely shocking decisions which definitely had a say in the final result.

My heart was in my mouth when Black done that to Sparky as I was thinking if this is a red we are on the way to lifting it.

The penalty finished us IMO which again was a wrong decision.

However I also believe even if they missed the pen they still would have went on to win.

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Just don't see the point of a wave of doom and gloom at a time when we are riding high.

Exactly.

No point in getting all negative at this point in time when it's all to play for.

sh00byd00
02-02-2016, 12:26 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, however my brother in law seems to thinks he's a Jambo? Perhaps he's just on the wind up.

Edit: bro in law is a yam (that's why I reference him lol)

Must be true then. About as water tight as "I seen it on twitter, thus must be true". I can't name a single decent Scottish ref, so it wouldn't matter who we got. They're aw ****.

Kato
02-02-2016, 12:27 PM

Was it? Yes, no doubt. Although as I said the first booking was "soft", "never a booking", "showed up his bias" - however you want to put it. Several Hearts challenges of the same ilk and worse went without even a foul.

My turn.

Do Tomf's stats reveal he's a cheating ****, yes or no?

hibsmad
02-02-2016, 12:27 PM

Yes it was worthy of a yellow card, but the other part, where he gave a penalty, killed the match.

It was a decision where, barring a penalty save, completely ended any chance we had. I therefore don't see the point in arguing that he got half the decision correct when the incorrect half of the decision was so influential on the match. It wasn't even a difficult one to call. Have you seen the photo captured just as Kujabi is releasing his shirt? It's about three or four yards outside the box and he has a completely clear view.

Alfred E Newman
02-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Its a derby you just can't play the way you want to and if you can its rare,it will be a 100 mph physical game and a strong ref is needed,no that shower of *****

Other than Bobby Madden there isn't one. As someone else said we will just have to accept it and play as well as we can. Thomson is a bomb scare of a ref no matter who he is refereeing and given his Hearts leanings it makes it even worse.

Argylehibby
02-02-2016, 12:33 PM

:agree:

Black was MOM if I remember correctly. He should have been in the dressing room in under 10 minutes. It had to influence the result.

How often have we heard next goals really important during commentaries? We had played very poorly yet were only 1 goal behind. I haven't watched the game on tv for obvious reasons but I bet the pundits were saying at half time if Hibs score next it could swing the game their way. CT made sure that was not going to happen with the penalty decision. It clearly influenced the result.

At the game I was certain Skatchel went over the ball on Gary O'Conner as well without so much as a ticking off. I may be wrong on that one as it' never mentioned in the list of anti Hibs decisions made on the day.

I'd love Stubbs saying something at the press conference before the weekend that "Hibs fans have been telling me since I arrived we get nothing in Derby matches. 5 retrospective red cards for Hearts to our 1, penalty in a cup final for a foul 2 yards outside the box, goals not given when the balls 2 yards over the line and stuff like that. I'm not going to check if that's right or if it's exagerated, I will leave you to do that but hopefully the talk on sunday will be about the football and not the referee." Sends a message to CT that we will talk about any dodgy decisions at the weekend and if the press do their bit they will highlight all of the dodgy stuff that's happened previously. Saying nothing I feel is not an option.

Fergus52
02-02-2016, 12:33 PM

not true at all.

You shot me down before for being worried about him refereeing the 2012 final. look how that turned out

The Tubs
02-02-2016, 12:37 PM

Black was MOM if I remember correctly. He should have been in the dressing room in under 10 minutes. It had to influence the result.

How often have we heard next goals really important during commentaries? We had played very poorly yet were only 1 goal behind. I haven't watched the game on tv for obvious reasons but I bet the pundits were saying at half time if Hibs score next it could swing the game their way. CT made sure that was not going to happen with the penalty decision. It clearly influenced the result.

At the game I was certain Skatchel went over the ball on Gary O'Conner as well without so much as a ticking off. I may be wrong on that one as it' never mentioned in the list of anti Hibs decisions made on the day.

I'd love Stubbs saying something at the press conference before the weekend that "Hibs fans have been telling me since I arrived we get nothing in Derby matches. 5 retrospective red cards for Hearts to our 1, penalty in a cup final for a foul 2 yards outside the box, goals not given when the balls 2 yards over the line and stuff like that. I'm not going to check if that's right or if it's exagerated, I will leave you to do that but hopefully the talk on sunday will be about the football and not the referee." Sends a message to CT that we will talk about any dodgy decisions at the weekend and if the press do their bit they will highlight all of the dodgy stuff that's happened previously. Saying nothing I feel is not an option.

Aye, that's about the right tone. Good suggestion.

JeMeSouviens
Just in case anybody's forgotten just how bad that penalty call was, here is the moment just *after* the last contact between Kujabi and Suso's jersey.

http://home2.btconnect.com/anniviers/ref.jpg

Blatant cheating is the only explanation I can see?

Carheenlea
I have pretty much wiped that Final from my mind. Never think about it and have no desire to do so.
This is an exciting time to be Hibs supporter - the club, with Stubbs and Dempster at the helm, is being steered back to it`s berth of being one of the top clubs in Scotland, and it will take more than some duff decisions from Craig Thomson to blow us off course.

matty_f
02-02-2016, 12:38 PM

Yep, was definitely a booking - no complaints there. I thought his first booking was harsh given what had gone before it though. Still, he should have known better, but it was never a penalty. (I think we're agreeing :greengrin)

Fergus52
02-02-2016, 12:38 PM

you can look at the stats on transfer markt.

Every game he reffed us before the 2012 final, we had a key player booked in the opening 10 minutes and in more than half of the games we had a red card or a penalty against us.

In the Dunfermline semi final replay he was almost as bad as in 2012.

Argylehibby
02-02-2016, 12:41 PM
My heart was in my mouth when Black done that to Sparky as I was thinking if this is a red we are on the way to lifting it.

However I also believe even if they missed the pen they still would have went on to win.

But would they have won if they had to play 81 minutes with 10 men? Would Black have strolled the game as he did if he was on a yellow card inside the first 10 minutes? Would we have had a better chance of fighting back from 2 - 1 down with 10 men than we were at 3 -1 down? Was Kujabi's first booking merited considering what had gone on before?

It's easy to play with confidence when you know that the refs not going to take action against you regardless of what you do. If Black had been sent off as he should have been their confidence reduces, ours increases and who knows what the outcome would have been.

Leithenhibby
02-02-2016, 12:43 PM
If the players are flapping over who is the ref like the people are on here we are in trouble.

Personally I don't give a f*** who the ref is and I believe the players will think the same.

This :agree:

Fergus52
02-02-2016, 12:45 PM
I know a referee that is a hibs fan and knows Craig Thomson who says he is a big St Mirren fan.

his anti-hibs bias could come from when he worked under our old director Amanda Jones rather than him being a jambo.

Scouse Hibee
02-02-2016, 12:46 PM
not true at all.

You shot me down before for being worried about him refereeing the 2012 final. look how that turned out

What's not true? It's 2016 FFS grt over it instead of crying about 2012. Maybe Stubbs should just concede the tie then?

Argylehibby
02-02-2016, 12:46 PM

you can look at the stats on transfer markt.

Every game he reffed us before the 2012 final, we had a key player booked in the opening 10 minutes and in more than half of the games we had a red card or a penalty against us.

In the Dunfermline semi final replay he was almost as bad as in 2012.

I think when he first started refereeing premier league games he was pretty good and we really had no complaints in the early days. By the time he refereed the semi final against Dunfermline though things were taking a turn for the worse. At the semi final and thereafter his decisions against us have been very poor.

SeanWilson
02-02-2016, 12:47 PM
Must be true then. About as water tight as "I seen it on twitter, thus must be true". I can't name a single decent Scottish ref, so it wouldn't matter who we got. They're aw ****.

Suppose I deserved that :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
02-02-2016, 12:47 PM
I should say I don't go for this talk that he hates Hibs.

I do believe that this guy is grossly incompetent at what he does. His performance on Sunday shows he's just as bad as he ever was.

3pm
02-02-2016, 12:49 PM
It'll serve to motivate.

Not In The Know
02-02-2016, 12:54 PM
The reason we never made a fuss about him at the time of the cup final and the reason we won't now are still the same.

Petrie wants the top job at the SFA.

I bet HoMFC fans are laughing at this appointment. Says it all really...

flash
02-02-2016, 12:56 PM
The reason we never made a fuss about him at the time of the cup final and the reason we won't now are still the same.

Oh please.

matty_f
02-02-2016, 12:56 PM

Except we did make a fuss, only for the SFA to make the appointment regardless.

Not In The Know
02-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Except we did make a fuss, only for the SFA to make the appointment regardless.

it was what we didnt say after the cup final that bothered me.

Jones28
02-02-2016, 01:01 PM
He makes at least one game-defining mistake in every ****ing match he features in. How is it possible that the **** is allowed to ref another Derby?

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 01:04 PM
But would they have won if they had to play 81 minutes with 10 men? Would Black have strolled the game as he did if he was on a yellow card inside the first 10 minutes? Would we have had a better chance of fighting back from 2 - 1 down with 10 men than we were at 3 -1 down? Was Kujabi's first booking merited considering what had gone on before?

It's easy to play with confidence when you know that the refs not going to take action against you regardless of what you do. If Black had been sent off as he should have been their confidence reduces, ours increases and who knows what the outcome would have been.

My first sentence tells you I thought we would have had a great chance of winning if he had been sent off.

CB_NO3
02-02-2016, 01:05 PM
Oh Dear. Talk about an over reaction. Fans not wanting to go because he is the ref. He has already refereed another derby since then has he not? Get over it man. Yes, he done us a bad turn that day but we were woeful too. Let the football do the talking.

Geo_1875
02-02-2016, 01:06 PM

I do believe that this guy is grossly incompetent at what he does. His performance on Sunday shows he's just as bad as he ever was.

But the stats say he's more grossly incompetent in our games than in any other team's games and more grossly incompetent in our games than any other Scottish referee.

Just a coincidence?

FastEddieFelson
02-02-2016, 01:07 PM
Oh Dear. Talk about an over reaction. Fans not wanting to go because he is the ref. He has already refereed another derby since then has he not? Get over it man. Yes, he done us a bad turn that day but we were woeful too. Let the football do the talking.

naw he hasnae

Thecat23
02-02-2016, 01:08 PM
What's not true? It's 2016 FFS grt over it instead of crying about 2012. Maybe Stubbs should just concede the tie then?

I agree we just have to go out and play our own game and not worry about the ref. But I just hope the ones who are saying the ref doesn't matter come back on if he gives them a dodgy last min pen or a sending off that also looks dodgy.

This man should never ref a ****ing Hibs match again never mind a derby. Will it effect the game on Sunday who knows, but it wouldn't shock me!!

easty

What fans are those?

lucky
He's a poor ref who has previously shown to favour the puddle drinkers in the big games. Yet another shocking decision by the Blazers that run our game. They've put him under the spotlight before a ball is kicked. What's the chances of Hibs finishing with 10 men

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 01:09 PM
Was it? Yes, no doubt. Although as I said the first booking was "soft", "never a booking", "showed up his bias" - however you want to put it. Several Hearts challenges of the same ilk and worse went without even a foul.

My turn.

Do Tomf's stats reveal he's a cheating ****, yes or no?

I have not read and have no intention of doing so, without knowing as much I would guess the person who compiled it has done so to get the effect.

Do I think he's a cheat, no.

Do I think he's an arrogant, incompetent twat who tries to get MOTM, yes.

Fergus52
02-02-2016, 01:11 PM

That if we play our best the performance of the referee wont matter.

Are you honestly saying that most key decision going against us isn't going to influence the result?

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 01:12 PM

If they are reading this thread they will be laughing alright, they will be saying the fans are beat already.

matty_f
02-02-2016, 01:14 PM
Neilson's just been on the radio saying that he's got his team training with 12 men this week.

CB_NO3
02-02-2016, 01:15 PM
What fans are those?
Read the thread

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2016, 01:15 PM
As much as Thompson’s a complete **** we’ve been done over loads of times in derbies recently by a variety of refs.

How many retrospective red cards, penalties given when not a penalty and goals chopped off incorrectly can be called wrongly time after time without any “even-ing out” happening.

Fingers crossed the “even-ing out over the season(s)” starts on Sunday.

We’re due plenty.

CB_NO3
02-02-2016, 01:16 PM
naw he hasnae
Fair doos. Must be a Rangers game I am getting mixed up with.

Phil MaGlass
02-02-2016, 01:17 PM

this

greenginger
02-02-2016, 01:19 PM
I know a referee that is a hibs fan and knows Craig Thomson who says he is a big St Mirren fan.

his anti-hibs bias could come from when he worked under our old director Amanda Jones rather than him being a jambo.

No, not that. I asked Amanda Jones about Thomson after an AGM and she said she had never even met him. They work in different sectors and he was mostly out of the office whilst working.

oneone73
02-02-2016, 01:20 PM
Neilson's just been on the radio saying that he's got his team training with 12 men this week.

easty
02-02-2016, 01:20 PM
Read the thread

I've read the thread, have you?

Fergus52
02-02-2016, 01:21 PM
No, not that. I asked Amanda Jones about Thomson after an AGM and she said she had never even met him. They work in different sectors and he was mostly out of the office whilst working.

fair enough, i always thought it was a bit of a silly conspiracy but it would have helped explain his bias if it's true that he's not a hearts fan.

Mr White
naw he hasnae

Yes he has. 1 nil defeat at tynie under fenlon august 2013.

Danderhall Hibs
I've read the thread, have you?

You've missed a post then - the one that answers your question. :greengrin

easty
02-02-2016, 01:26 PM
You've missed a post then - the one that answers your question. :greengrin

I didn't miss it, I replied to it at the time.

I don't think he was being serious, and it's not worthy of a comment saying "Fans not wanting to go because he is the ref", I'd expect that ***** to come from Hearts fans.

CB_NO3
02-02-2016, 01:27 PM
I didn't miss it, I replied to it at the time.

I don't think he was being serious, and it's not worthy of a comment saying "Fans not wanting to go because he is the ref", I'd expect that ***** to come from Hearts fans.
Smartie and Underscore both said it. Your reading is not very good.

CB_NO3
02-02-2016, 01:28 PM
naw he hasnae
Aye he has

FromTheCapital
02-02-2016, 01:29 PM
**** him. **** Hearts. Mon the Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ehf
02-02-2016, 01:30 PM

No he is not joking

Aww for ****'s sake. Was really looking forward to Sunday but this has ruined it.

FastEddieFelson
02-02-2016, 01:30 PM
Yes he has. 1 nil defeat at tynie under fenlon august 2013.

so he has - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23565318

apologies, CB_NO3.

what's the fuss about then, lads?

CB_NO3
02-02-2016, 01:31 PM
so he has - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23565318

apologies, CB_NO3.

what's the fuss about then, lads?
Accepted.

Kato
02-02-2016, 01:37 PM
I have not read and have no intention of doing so,

without knowing as much I would guess the person who compiled it has done so to get the effect.

Really poor to have a guess at that given you haven't even looked at them to see the method.

Do I think he's a cheat, no.

You're making me nostalgic for the time I was that naive,

Do I think he's an arrogant, incompetent twat who tries to get MOTM, yes.

Every person in football who has ever been corrupt at whatever their task was loves the word "incompetent".

KingFranck
02-02-2016, 01:40 PM
He is clearly biased against us but come on Hibs lets go out there and do the business.

Whenever he gives a dodgy decision make sure we let him know. How about we all bring a red card along and the first tackle worthy of a red by that lot the whole Hibs end shows the card get the message across. In fact all bring a red and yellow and we can see the general consensus amongst us is it a booking or a sending off ?

Craig_HFC
02-02-2016, 01:41 PM
It'll just make it sweeter when we pap the sex offenders out of the cup and their gimp ref will be there to see it.

GreenCastle
02-02-2016, 01:51 PM
The guy is just a terrible ref.

Google his name and there are reports of him making mistakes and videos on youtube of him with errors in games.

Here are a few examples..

Malaga - Champions League - http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/390945/Spaniards-irate-at-Scottish-ref-Craig-Thomson
Numerous Celtic games recently
Aberdeen v Hearts recently - no red card
Old Firm mistakes - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/6263381/Referee-Craig-Thomson-admits-penalty-error-in-Old-Firm-match.html
Caley v Motherwell - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/total-game-changer-referee-craig-6794772#6JWtORb8ipKzF0Ls.97
France v Bosnia - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tvewlR39Mc

More stats about him..http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/ref/craigthomson.html

Scouse Hibee
02-02-2016, 01:54 PM
That if we play our best the performance of the referee wont matter.

Are you honestly saying that most key decision going against us isn't going to influence the result?

I'm saying that it is easy to look at a refereeing decision as costing us the game when we play poorly. You very rarely look back on them if you have won and of course you can point to major decisions if you feel it has cost you the game. At the same time the doom and gloom cast over the game before a ball has been kicked because of the ref appointment is ridiculous in my opinion.

monktonharp
02-02-2016, 01:54 PM
this has reinforced my lack of faith, when it comes to the word Luck in this competition. they always get it, and they've got one of their own in charge again. just because I am paranoid, does not mean they are out to get me/you/HFC

Green&White
02-02-2016, 01:56 PM
The very fact that the smellies are all over the evening news article commenting on facebook about his appointment saying hes the best ref in the country etc says it all really.

Hibernia&Alba
02-02-2016, 01:57 PM

New signing Thomson, shirt number 51? :hilarious

Stevie Reid
02-02-2016, 01:58 PM
I tried to be philosophical about his appointment in 2012, and we know how that went. To be honest, given that he then went onto referee our very next competitive match, nothing surprises me.

We have a much better team now than in 2012, with much more mettle too. I trust the players to show up.

I do not trust Thomson one bit.

matty_f
02-02-2016, 02:07 PM
I tried to be philosophical about his appointment in 2012, and we know how that went. To be honest, given that he then went onto referee our very next competitive match, nothing surprises me.

We have a much better team now than in 2012, with much more mettle too. I trust the players to show up.

I do not trust Thomson one bit.

I have complete faith in this team to turn up and show what they can do. :agree:

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 02:08 PM

Really poor to have a guess at that given you haven't even looked at them to see the method.

You're making me nostalgic for the time I was that naive,

Every person in football who has ever been corrupt at whatever their task was loves the word "incompetent".

Thank you for your few kind words. I appreciate you taking time out to educate one who is obviously not worthy to be posting on the same thread as you.

Oscar T Grouch
02-02-2016, 02:10 PM
If we play well enough and don't give an incompetent referee decisions to make we'll be okay. Thompson in general is card happy, if we keep it clean like the semi final we'll have 11 on the pitch come 90 minutes, having seen the yams a couple of times this season I would be more worried supporting them, I can easily see him sending one of their cloggers off before one of our team.

Kato
02-02-2016, 02:12 PM
Thank you for your few kind words. I appreciate you taking time out to educate one who is obviously not worthy to be posting on the same thread as you.

It's not about you. Although you did introduce the idea that any evidence against CT being a fair ref can be discounted without even a cursory glance. You're willfully asking for for your opinion not to be taken seriously.

For what it's worth I've been of the opinion that he's a wrong 'un for years but was still shocked that those stats (the ones you think are slanted for "effect" so refuse to look at) showed just exactly how clear it was.

Hibernia&Alba
02-02-2016, 02:12 PM
We''ll be fine; just don't give him any excuse to get his book out. Self-discipline will be key. You can guarantee every Hibee in the Roseburn will be watching him like a hawk :greengrin

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 02:22 PM
It's not about you. Although you did introduce the idea that any evidence against CT being a fair ref can be discounted without even a cursory glance. You're willfully asking for for your opinion not to be taken seriously.

For what it's worth I've been of the opinion that he's a wrong 'un for years but was still shocked that those stats (the ones you think are slanted for "effect" so refuse to look at) showed just exactly how clear it was.

So are you going to let it destroy you or are you going to get on with it?

Rather than whimpering about it the correct way is for fans, players and everyone connected with the club to get on with the game of football.

We talk about Hibs being a soft touch, IMO its time to take whatever is thrown at us and do the job irrespective.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2016, 02:24 PM
If we go out, score legit goals he can't stop us winning.

JeMeSouviens
02-02-2016, 02:25 PM
I hope Hibs as a club and all the Hibbies that go on Sunday put maximum pressure on the cheat before he gets the chance to bring his "incompetence" to bear. Make sure he knows we know.

JeMeSouviens
02-02-2016, 02:26 PM

You think he can't find a way to rule out legit goals?

Stevie Reid
02-02-2016, 02:26 PM
We''ll be fine; just don't give him any excuse to get his book out. Self-discipline will be key. You can guarantee every Hibee in the Roseburn will be watching him like a hawk :greengrin

That's fine, and indeed I've no concerns about our discipline - it's how he disciplines their players that concerns me. Ian Black not even being booked for that challenge was a joke.

JeMeSouviens
02-02-2016, 02:28 PM
That's fine, and indeed I've no concerns about our discipline - it's how he disciplines their players that concerns me. Ian Black not even being booked for that challenge was a joke.

We all know how it'll go. They'll boot us up and down the park and get a couple of stern tickings off. First marginal foul by a Hibby, out come the cards. :rolleyes:

AinsterHibs
02-02-2016, 02:30 PM
Regardless of CT being the ref, we will still do them.

Having CT as the ref, and us doing them will add more spice to the result.

FTH.

:gwa:

theonlywayisup
02-02-2016, 02:34 PM
Whilst it is easy to build a case that he is biased against Hibs, I really do believe it is more that he is a totally incompetent referee. As others have highlighted, he has made lots of mistakes in other games, not involving Hibs.

How he is seen as being one of the top referees in the country is beyond belief.

He has that arrogance and smugness that when he is on the pitch, he believes he is in total control, correct 100% of the time. He is one of those refs that want to be centre attraction. Which is maybe why the authorities like him, he doesn't appear to be intimidated by anyone. Certainly not Hibs fans.

Wouldn't it be great if he could re-address the balance a wee bit. However, I doubt it.

SeanWilson
02-02-2016, 02:35 PM
You think he can't find a way to rule out legit goals?

http://youtu.be/ZeaF7DXByU4
Not even CT

matty_f
02-02-2016, 02:38 PM

Like Sparkie and Forster's legit goals that weren't given?

SaulGoodman
02-02-2016, 02:39 PM
That's exactly what someone at the club, and it wouldn't need to be Stubbs, should be doing. But we won't do that as it's not 'Hibs class'. Instead we'll bend over and wait for the shafting as we always do.

Pish

Scott Allan Key
02-02-2016, 02:39 PM
I'm really none too bothered. Since the cup final he has shown he is as incompetent to others as he is to us. If we play as we can, it won't matter who refs, we were in parity with Hearts last year. And we are certainly a better side than we were last year, Hearts are going to try and use their home advantage and clobber our players. But we can beat them well and our players believe this and so must we. We have JC, and McGinn in his first Derby who are big game players. No excuses now.

cabbageandribs1875
02-02-2016, 02:47 PM
is someone starting a poll on which hertz player will get a retrospective red card this time

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 02:56 PM
Like Sparkie and Forster's legit goals that weren't given?

Wasn't Thomson though in either game.

matty_f
02-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Wasn't Thomson though in either game.

No, I know - I was just making the point that sometimes it's not enough to 'just' score legit goals to win a game.

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 03:09 PM
No, I know - I was just making the point that sometimes it's not enough to 'just' score legit goals to win a game.

I know that Matty but it's not just Thomson that is a poor referee.

In both these instances Hibs were denied goals that should have stood and if it was Thomson it would have been added on to his CV on Hibs.net.

I couldn't tell you who the ref was in either match you refer to and I guess the majority on this thread couldn't either but if it had been Thomson everyone would have remembered it for the rest of their days.

I can tell you who the linesman was at the ER game but that's only because I know him through bowling.

matty_f
02-02-2016, 03:23 PM
I know that Matty but it's not just Thomson that is a poor referee.

In both these instances Hibs were denied goals that should have stood and if it was Thomson it would have been added on to his CV on Hibs.net.

I couldn't tell you who the ref was in either match you refer to and I guess the majority on this thread couldn't either but if it had been Thomson everyone would have remembered it for the rest of their days.

I can tell you who the linesman was at the ER game but that's only because I know him through bowling.

Does that not maybe tell you something then? Thomson is consistently bad against us - that's why we remember him. He had that reputation before 2012.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2016, 03:23 PM

He will always get the bookings and sending off against us right on the day, even if they are made to look wrong afterwards.

He never sends off their players when its a sending off against us, its also easy to keep saying he's just a bad referee as some are saying.

In my eyes he's a cheat, there's quite a bit of evidence out there that i believe confirms it. He should never ref any derby again, but here he is doing this one.

All the pressure in the world should be applied from the club pointing out his errors and past bias against us. He needs to know the world is looking at his performance Sunday.

scoopyboy
02-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Does that not maybe tell you something then? Thomson is consistently bad against us - that's why we remember him. He had that reputation before 2012.

It tells me that a lot of Hibs fans are paranoid about Thomson and although I can't stick the man and think he is a terrible ref I am not overly bothered that he is the ref on Sunday and it won't stop me going and getting right behind my team from the word go.

Can't be bothered arguing with people who have almost conceded to Hearts already without a ball being kicked.

matty_f
02-02-2016, 03:49 PM
It tells me that a lot of Hibs fans are paranoid about Thomson and although I can't stick the man and think he is a terrible ref I am not overly bothered that he is the ref on Sunday and it won't stop me going and getting right behind my team from the word go.

Can't be bothered arguing with people who have almost conceded to Hearts already without a ball being kicked.

Definitely not conceding anything. I believe in this team, we're good.

Onion
02-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Whilst it is easy to build a case that he is biased against Hibs, I really do believe it is more that he is a totally incompetent referee. As others have highlighted, he has made lots of mistakes in other games, not involving Hibs.

How he is seen as being one of the top referees in the country is beyond belief.

He has that arrogance and smugness that when he is on the pitch, he believes he is in total control, correct 100% of the time. He is one of those refs that want to be centre attraction. Which is maybe why the authorities like him, he doesn't appear to be intimidated by anyone. Certainly not Hibs fans.

Wouldn't it be great if he could re-address the balance a wee bit. However, I doubt it.

So why is it that incompetence so rarely in our favour and so frequently favours the opposition ?

Stubbs will know the history associated with CT and should start from tomorrow to ramp up the pressure on this clown by calling him out. At least when he makes his game changing decisions in the Yam's favour on Sunday, everyone will see him for what he is.

Onion
02-02-2016, 04:00 PM
As the teams take the field, the Yams will announce CT as part of their historic 2012 cup winning side and parade the guy at Half Time as a Jambo Legend. He is THAT notorious.

I seriously worry that if this guy gives one of his usual "see me" game changing decisions against Hibs there will be a full blown riot at Tynecastle.

hibsbollah
02-02-2016, 04:06 PM
Terrible ref but we benefitted at the weekend getting the weaker of two teams due to him missing a hulk hogan moment on Gordon.

Devils advocate here - since that final I think he's been lenient towards Hibs since - watched him closely and I think we've had big decisions go for us when he's refereed since - just my thoughts.

True. I think he knew he was being watched and went the other way. The stats of his games involving us (Matty f posted them a while back I believe?) including red cards yellow cards and pens given, over a large number of games, defy the odds though. He's undoubtedly a cheat

HappyHanlon
02-02-2016, 04:08 PM
It is what it is

GreenLake
02-02-2016, 04:09 PM
The mountain of statistical evidence suggests to me that Hibs players are going to be hearing a cacophony of whistles - except when clattered, barged or pulled by them.

James70
02-02-2016, 04:10 PM

I would accept the case that he is simply incompetent except for one thing.

Why are Hibs never the beneficiaries of one of his controversial decisions? He makes plenty of major decisions which are against Hibs but never seems to give Hibs a major decision in our favour.

HappyHanlon
02-02-2016, 04:11 PM
We hate CT, they hate Collum.

**** them, **** him, **** Budge

Smartie
02-02-2016, 04:13 PM
So why is it that incompetence so rarely in our favour and so frequently favours the opposition ?

Stubbs will know the history associated with CT and should start from tomorrow to ramp up the pressure on this clown by calling him out. At least when he makes his game changing decisions in the Yam's favour on Sunday, everyone will see him for what he is.

I agree with this.

Regarding that cup final - we were crap, we deserved to lose and Thomson's contribution made it a lot worse for us.

But I honestly feel that we didn't ask enough questions of him in the run up to the game and then again on the day, although our meek shower of impostors were never really likely to.

Stubbs should be laying it on thick all week long, ramping up the pressure so that Thomson's sub conscience is creaking.

Ian Black got away with the elbow but to be fair to Black he asked the question first. They got a penalty because they had a man who had beaten our fullback running at pace towards our box. If we play the game in their half and around their box, we're the team that will get penalties. If we defend in our own box for 90 minutes then they're more likely to. We need to embellish every little challenge that comes our way and have a captain who is constantly in Thomson's ear (a la Liam Craig).

Their style of football is more vulnerable to an erratic referee - their physical approach is more reliant on an unfussy, calm ref. Not the kind we have on Sunday.

The more I think about it the more I'm warming to the idea.

I've said for a while that HMFC are Donald Ducked when karma catches up with them. Sunday would be the perfect time for it to make a start.

It's time to stop being victims.

hibsbollah
02-02-2016, 04:17 PM
We need to embellish every little challenge that comes our way and have a captain who is constantly in Thomson's ear (a la Liam Craig).

If David Gray tries this on Sunday he'll get an icy stare and yellow card. Guaranteed.

Smartie
02-02-2016, 04:19 PM
If David Gray tries this on Sunday he'll get an icy stare and yellow card. Guaranteed.

Then we get Paul Hanlon to be at it.

Then Lewis Stevenson.

Then etc etc

Whilst what you say may be true, we need to be asking the questions and stop being the victims.

02-02-2016, 04:21 PM
A game like sunday requires a strong ref. Hearts will set out to do kick us off the park to stop the likes of McGinn, Henderson, McGeouch etc. getting the ball down and running rings round them. We saw last season what they were like with Allan, it was foul after foul on him because they knew if they allowed him to get the ball down and play then they were in trouble. Hearts will use their physicality and typical bully boy tactics therefore a strong ref is needed. Unfortunately with this joker in charge they will likely get away with their usual murder.

Hibernia&Alba
02-02-2016, 04:23 PM
As the teams take the field, the Yams will announce CT as part of their historic 2012 cup winning side and parade the guy at Half Time as a Jambo Legend. He is THAT notorious.

I seriously worry that if this guy gives one of his usual "see me" game changing decisions against Hibs there will be a full blown riot at Tynecastle.

I honestly don't think we need worry about anything like that, mate, even if Thomson behaves in his usual manner. Of course there would fury in the Roseburn, but I have more faith in our support than to worry about large scale trouble. But, should he shortchange us yet again, I'd expect the club to speak up.

Smartie
02-02-2016, 04:33 PM
I honestly don't think we need worry about anything like that, mate, even if Thomson behaves in his usual manner. Of course there would fury in the Roseburn, but I have more faith in our support than to worry about large scale trouble. But, should he shortchange us yet again, I'd expect the club to speak up.

I'm not so sure.

If he gives a penalty against us or sends one of our players off then will be a riot (whether the decision is correct or not).

Remember, on Saturday somebody managed to lob a cup of hot tea at the ref for demanding a free-kick be re-taken - this one's going to be even more fiery than that.

All the more reason this idiot shouldn't have been given the game.

wookie70
02-02-2016, 04:39 PM
I have major concerns about Thomson refereeing us as he is constantly at the centre of a game. He seems to have an agenda to go out and impose himself on a game rather than letting the players be the stars of the show. No idea if he is biased although the figures are pretty damning.

Yes we were shocking in that final but for anyone who saw the Ross C v Celtic semi there is a parallel. Ross County looked like they were going to be on the end of an absolute thumping. In a flash Ambrose gives away a pen and is sent off. Thomson got that right and the whole game turned on its head. From what I remember and have seen since Black should have been sent off in that final. If he had anything could have happened. If Kujabi's first booking had been overlooked like many similar Hearts challenges he wouldn't have been sent off and if Thomson had reasonably good vision then he might have noticed that their penalty was at least a yard outside the box. That is a whole lot of decisions that went against us in one game, all of which could have turned the game even with our cast of misfits and non-tyers.

Football games can change in a second because of a referee's decision, frequently caused by a player error like Ambroses. If they get it right no problem but Thomson has an unerring ability to get the big decisions against us wrong. I would like to see a wee bit pressure but on by Hibs in the media to at least let him know he is being looked at. Nothing wrong with a bit of mind games as Alex Ferguson's managerial record shows.

Nutmegged
02-02-2016, 04:43 PM
People wanting Alan Stubbs to start highlighting past errors of Craig Thompson or any official on Derby day is asking for trouble, we are entering into the buisness end of the Season with a very realistic hope of Winning the Title or at least being promoted via the Play-Off's, winning the League Cup and seeing were we could go in the Scottish.

The very last thing we need to do is start waging a war with referees, I already believe it'll be hard enough to get big decisions at crucial times in the run in for the League as as well as at Tynecastle without putting a big target on our backs, if we kick up a stink you can bet more often than not that wee 50/50s will go against us

grunt
02-02-2016, 05:05 PM
People wanting Alan Stubbs to start highlighting past errors of Craig Thompson or any official on Derby day is asking for trouble ... Damned if we do; damned if we don't.

Pete
02-02-2016, 05:11 PM
Craig Thomson is actually one of the best referees we have got who is quite consistent.

This actually makes all the stuff before and during the 2012 final even worse. Putting his decisions against us down to incompetence and nothing else is absolute nonsense.

He's done nothing major since that game as our pre match complaints were confounded and he was probably given a warning that he was being watched. However, I don't trust him not to stuff us again.

He's not a hearts fan, he's just blatantly anti- hibs.

It will come out in the wash in about twenty years time during his hilarious after dinner speeches.

Onion
02-02-2016, 05:13 PM

Sure you're right. And he'll be relying on that so he can do his thing.

My concern is by Sunday the whole match will be stoked up by the Yams and media. That's what they want. And CT is the polar opposite of the type of ref needed in this situation. Rather than try defuse and take the heat out of situations, he'll make things much much worse. The SPFL have no idea what they have unleashed here ! Or maybe they do :cb

grunt
02-02-2016, 05:15 PM
The SPFL have no idea what they have unleashed here ! Or maybe they do :cbI'm sure they do.

JimBHibees
02-02-2016, 05:19 PM

:not worth :faf:

On that point did he ever get any punishment for his comments re Collum.

JimBHibees
02-02-2016, 05:37 PM
He will always get the bookings and sending off against us right on the day, even if they are made to look wrong afterwards.

He never sends off their players when its a sending off against us, its also easy to keep saying he's just a bad referee as some are saying.

In my eyes he's a cheat, there's quite a bit of evidence out there that i believe confirms it. He should never ref any derby again, but here he is doing this one.

All the pressure in the world should be applied from the club pointing out his errors and past bias against us. He needs to know the world is looking at his performance Sunday.

Thats where I am, if he was willing to do us over in that final and then get our next game he will be more than willing to do it again especially when the majority of the fans at the game will agree. Too many times and not one game changer for us. I am afraid it doesnt add up.

Can remember sending off Fletcher to swing a cup tie at ER previously.

JimBHibees
02-02-2016, 05:39 PM
I would accept the case that he is simply incompetent except for one thing.

Why are Hibs never the beneficiaries of one of his controversial decisions? He makes plenty of major decisions which are against Hibs but never seems to give Hibs a major decision in our favour.

Cant remember one.

monktonharp
02-02-2016, 05:55 PM
do yo stay next door to Black? big mate of yours? you have twice inferred that there was nothing wrong with the ref's decisions in the final. oh aye, we will have to get on with it, but we will forever remember what that ******* did during the final. the ggie mob, will forever remember it for different reasons, but none that Ihave met can ever admit thaere were wrongs, that had massive effect on the start of the second half.

monktonharp
02-02-2016, 06:08 PM
I'm really none too bothered. Since the cup final he has shown he is as incompetent to others as he is to us. If we play as we can, it won't matter who refs, we were in parity with Hearts last year. And we are certainly a better side than we were last year, Hearts are going to try and use their home advantage and clobber our players. But we can beat them well and our players believe this and so must we. We have JC, and McGinn in his first Derby who are big game players. No excuses now.I am very bothered, and bothered to an extent that the authorities are a bunch of idiots if they cant see what that ******* has done against us when it comes to playing THEM.Sparkie's non goal, big Forster's non goal and the second half "leg up" in that final.!!

Golden Bear
02-02-2016, 06:09 PM
I wonder how many players we get booked on Saturday and how long he will take to book the first one?

It's odds on he'll book one of our central defenders in the first 15 mins and he'll kindly give us a minimum of 4 yellow cards.

Hibrandenburg
02-02-2016, 06:09 PM
If the picture of CT doing the 5-1 crap was repeated in any other league in the world then I'm certain there would be repercussions for that ref. Imagine JRP was giving it the 7 fingers with a bunch of Hibs fans shortly after the 01.01.1973 Derby?

Mr White
02-02-2016, 06:10 PM
The other strange decision he made that day was the lack of any injury time in a first half that had 3 goals, a substitution and stoppages at several fouls. He blew for halftime on 45 minutes with us on the attack having just got back into the game.

hfc rd
02-02-2016, 06:12 PM
I am very bothered, and bothered to an extent that the authorities are a bunch of idiots if they cant see what that ******* has done against us when it comes to playing THEM.Sparkie's non goal, big Forster's non goal and the second half "leg up" in that final.!!

I agree with you but that fud Thomson wasn't involved in the disallowed goals against them by Griffiths and Forster.

Still though, the sfa doing their best yet again to help the yams by appointing their "best friend" Thomson for this game.

Green Fish
02-02-2016, 06:16 PM

I for one simply believe that CT is incompetent, this has been evidenced many many times in domestic games and abroad.

However, I have a close friend who is currently an official who heard the following from the 4th official in that final.

The 4th official observed IB fouling LG, through the intercom he informed CT - RED CARD, RED CARD. He was ignored and no explanation for this was ever given.

I was told this a couple of years ago but was asked not to share this information which I have respected. I today was given permission to post in relation to this matter.

Not that it makes any difference but surely HFC deserve an explanation from the man himself as to why such a blatant foul which may have altered the match was ignored.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

SkintHibby
02-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Its up to us Hibs fans everywhere to get this out there onto social media. This guy is a Hibs hater. Disgraceful appointment.

Aldo
02-02-2016, 06:19 PM
Not just that game but other games. Smellic at ER when Collins was clearly fouled in box and he waved play on... However a few minutes later the Smellic player gets tackled and he's X blown his whistled and pointed to the spot before the player hit the ground.

I can accept we were woeful that day but every decision and big one at that went against us...

Most blatantly the straight red assault by Black and the 5 yards outside the box penalty which he couldn't wait to give.

Once a Cheat always a cheat in my eyes and I truly think that man will do it to us again on Sun!

PISTOL1875
02-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Its up to us Hibs fans everywhere to get this out there onto social media. This guy is a Hibs hater. Disgraceful appointment.

As I posted on another thread last week , we had the chance to do this and out the ****** as bias towards HIbs after the award of the penalty in the cup final.. We are however , nearly 5 YEARS to late to do such a thing..

Keith_M
02-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Hibs really have to question this guy being allowed to Ref a Hibs game, epsecially a Derby, and highlight his well know histroy of disgraceful decisions agains us.

I am absolutely ragin about this!!!

hfc rd
02-02-2016, 06:21 PM
I for one simply believe that CT is incompetent, this has been evidenced many many times in domestic games and abroad.

However, I have a close friend who is currently an official who heard the following from the 4th official in that final.

The 4th official observed IB fouling LG, through the intercom he informed CT - RED CARD, RED CARD. He was ignored and no explanation for this was ever given.

I was told this a couple of years ago but was asked not to share this information which I have respected. I today was given permission to post in relation to this matter.

Not that it makes any difference but surely HFC deserve an explanation from the man himself as to why such a blatant foul which may have altered the match was ignored.

If that is true, then that just makes me sick. No doubt if this happened to Celtic or The Rangers, it would have been out in the media instantly and the ref would have been sacked.

Green Fish
02-02-2016, 06:22 PM
If that is true, then that just makes me sick. No doubt if this happened to Celtic or The Rangers, it would have been out in the media instantly and the ref would have been sacked.
I have no reason to doubt this, is truly sickening.

Hibby Bairn
02-02-2016, 06:24 PM
If you think we have it bad imagine if you were a Malaga fan!

Onion
02-02-2016, 06:25 PM
To determine if this is Hibs paranoia or not, you simply have to see what the Yams are saying about CT being ref for Sunday. None disappointed, most wetting themselves at the thought. Like a goal of a start.

LaMotta
02-02-2016, 06:30 PM

I think some investigation into Craig Thomson's bank account history to look for payments from Lithuania might be interesting.

flash
02-02-2016, 06:31 PM
If the picture of CT doing the 5-1 crap was repeated in any other league in the world then I'm certain there would be repercussions for that ref. Imagine JRP was giving it the 7 fingers with a bunch of Hibs fans shortly after the 01.01.1973 Derby?
Except he didn't.

Waxy
02-02-2016, 06:34 PM
I think some investigation into Craig Thomson's bank account history to look for payments from Lithuania might be interesting.brown envelope more likely.

LaMotta
02-02-2016, 06:36 PM

Out of interest GF, why was permission only given today? I notice from a thread on Malpas a few weeks ago that you had alluded to information like this coming....

3pm
02-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Just get the baw down and play. He's irrelevant.

Green Fish
02-02-2016, 06:39 PM
Out of interest GF, why was permission only given today? I notice from a thread on Malpas a few weeks ago that you had alluded to information like this coming....
I've bn asking him for a while, saw the CT thread, we discussed it and here we are. From what I hear there are cliques in those circles and doesn't command much respect.

Pete
02-02-2016, 06:41 PM

There aren't many things I read on message boards that leave me genuinely stunned but this is one of them.

LaMotta
02-02-2016, 06:43 PM
I've bn asking him for a while, saw the CT thread, we discussed it and here we are. From what I hear there are cliques in those circles and doesn't command much respect.

I see, cheers.

Kato
02-02-2016, 06:46 PM
So are you going to let it destroy you or are you going to get on with it?

Rather than whimpering about it the correct way is for fans, players and everyone connected with the club to get on with the game of football.

We talk about Hibs being a soft touch, IMO its time to take whatever is thrown at us and do the job irrespective.

No whimpering or feeling destroyed here.

Hearts have gained a margin here (although you probably don't think so given your stiff upper lip) and if Stubbs alluded to it pre-match it would be within his rights. Would be the first or last manager to do so.

My actual opinion, away from your hyperbole, is get on with it.

He's still a cheat though.

Hibrandenburg
02-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Except he didn't.

Just checked the photo and you're right. Doh!

Franck Stanton
02-02-2016, 06:52 PM
Only just read he is the ref about 5 min ago. Up until that point I was confident we would win. However, I am now convinced we will not. Despicable man, incompetent just isn't strong enough a word to describe him. An out and out cheat who will do everything in his power to ensure hertz win the game. Really fear for our players getting bad injuries now. Christ, just what are the sfa thinking about with this appointment ? IF it was one of the old firm he cheated so regularly, would they dare do this ? Don't think so. You can just about guarantee we wont end the game with 11 players on the pitch, we will be denied a stone-wall penalty and they will get one for sod-all. No longer a fair contest imo.

Franck Stanton
02-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Just checked the photo and you're right. Doh!

Did nothing to "distance himself" from it though.

hfc rd
02-02-2016, 07:00 PM
Don't know if it is possible and probably doubt it's gonna happen, but once the appointments have been made on who is referreing what match, can the referee assigned to that fixture be removed from that fixture/swapped with another official for another match etc?

emerald green
02-02-2016, 07:22 PM
What I find really incredible, given Thomson's deplorable record, especially when refereeing Hibs matches, is the number of posters on here defending this ****.

Also, I can only conclude that Thomson has some sort of grudge against Hibs. Expect nothing from him on Sunday. It's even the small decisions that more often than not seem to go mostly against Hibs when the **** is in charge.

It seems the more we complain about him the more determined he becomes to screw us over.

Don't tell me Thomson is impartial and unbiased when he referees Hibs matches. I simply don't buy that crap.

Green Fish
02-02-2016, 07:29 PM
What I find really incredible, given Thomson's deplorable record, especially when refereeing Hibs matches, is the number of posters on here defending this ****.

Also, I can only conclude that Thomson has some sort of grudge against Hibs. Expect nothing from him on Sunday. It's even the small decisions that more often than not seem to go mostly against Hibs when the **** is in charge.

It seems the more we complain about him the more determined he becomes to screw us over.

Don't tell me Thomson is impartial and unbiased when he referees Hibs matches. I simply don't buy that crap.
From what I hear is that he is so thick skinned, arrogant, ignorant, call it what you will that he doesn't understand why we have issues with him

Onion
02-02-2016, 07:30 PM
Only just read he is the ref about 5 min ago. Up until that point I was confident we would win. However, I am now convinced we will not. Despicable man, incompetent just isn't strong enough a word to describe him. An out and out cheat who will do everything in his power to ensure hertz win the game. Really fear for our players getting bad injuries now. Christ, just what are the sfa thinking about with this appointment ? IF it was one of the old firm he cheated so regularly, would they dare do this ? Don't think so. You can just about guarantee we wont end the game with 11 players on the pitch, we will be denied a stone-wall penalty and they will get one for sod-all. No longer a fair contest imo.

Neilson's already been in the press saying they're practicing penalties and playing against 10 men :cb

Onion
02-02-2016, 07:32 PM
From what I hear is that he is so thick skinned, arrogant, ignorant, call it what you will that he doesn't understand why we have issues with him

The man makes me feel deeply "uncomfortable" (more than whole Hearts team put together). Think the police or stewards should be informed so they can remove the offending item from the field of play.

Libby Hibby
02-02-2016, 07:33 PM
I'm seriously thinking on passing on my ticket, all we want is a fair crack at the game, he's a cheat, been proven to be a cheat and will continue to cheat Hibs out of winning games.

Out of interest, perhaps the answer is zero but how many retrospective red cards have been given after a game to opposition players or Hibs sending offs rescinded that he has been involved in?

Not In The Know
02-02-2016, 07:42 PM
I can't remember as i was going ballistic at the time of the Black elbow. Did he even get a yellow card?