We signed Anthony Stokes, Anthony Stokes

To this- http://youtu.be/Nq7nW5hmOQc

After Stokes has scored his second 😁

kenny.ff
01-02-2016, 05:54 PM
:top marks cant wait to hear it pelting out, wish the game was tonight now

Pete
01-02-2016, 05:58 PM
It just plays into their "wee/big" myth if you ask me. Even mentioning it sarcastically gives it gravity.

Nice try though. Man United sang something like that originally about city if I'm not mistaken.

My_Wife_Camille
01-02-2016, 06:18 PM
This is how it feels to be Hibees
This is how it feels to be small
You signed Cowie,

After Stokes has scored his second 
Cowie for Reilly!

SeanWilson
01-02-2016, 06:22 PM
V good shout!

Dashing Bob S
01-02-2016, 06:24 PM
You've got (the) cowie might be a better shout.

Diclonius
01-02-2016, 06:25 PM
Chant for the derby: A variation on "we are winning and are letting you know that we are winning".

Don't care about any other form of one-upmanship.

HibsNutter
01-02-2016, 06:27 PM
It just plays into their "wee/big" myth if you ask me. Even mentioning it sarcastically gives it gravity.

Nice try though. Man United sang something like that originally about city if I'm not mistaken.

United version:

This is how it feels to be city
this is how it feels
when your team wins nothing at all

City:
"
"
You sign Phil Jones
We sign Kun Aguero:thumbsup:

hfc rd
01-02-2016, 06:28 PM
"Where's your Osman Sow"
"Where's your Osman Sow"
(Repeat)

CorrieHibs
01-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Canae wait to sing the John McGinn song. Was belting it out on Saturday walking along gorgie road.

dchibs
01-02-2016, 10:43 PM

Man U fans sing a song by i think its Dr and the medics called spirit in the sky, started singing this. Looking up to the spirit in the sky,ill be a hibee till i die, and when i die and they lay me to rest i want the Hibee crest on my chest. repeat over and over again .could be a good song for us.

Conj
01-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Man U fans sing a song by i think its Dr and the medics called spirit in the sky, started singing this. Looking up to the spirit in the sky,ill be a hibee till i die, and when i die and they lay me to rest i want the Hibee crest on my chest. repeat over and over again .could be a good song for us.

They sing
"Going on up to the spirit in the sky, that's where I'm gonna go when I die, when I die and they lay me to rest, I'm gonna go on the p1ss with Georgie Best"

Why change it? He played for Hibs

Woodrow
01-02-2016, 10:56 PM
This is how it feels to be Hibees
You signed Cowie,

After Stokes has scored his second 

Nicked from The Arsenal

'You sold Sow - we signed Anthony Stokes - Anthony Stokes"

http://youtu.be/hm9NlL9DawQ

dchibs
01-02-2016, 11:41 PM
They sing
"Going on up to the spirit in the sky, that's where I'm gonna go when I die, when I die and they lay me to rest, I'm gonna go on the p1ss with Georgie Best"

Sorry i couldnt make out their wording, good song though but think he was more a hero to them than us.

KWJ
02-02-2016, 12:38 AM
I liked the one thecat put up on the other thread. About Stokes and their new bloke.

SeanWilson
02-02-2016, 12:47 AM

I cringe every time I hear that on the telly box - no way!

lord bunberry
02-02-2016, 01:09 AM
You've got (the) cowie might be a better shout.
:faf::faf: I wondered how long it would take.

hibeesathampden
02-02-2016, 07:21 AM
Nicked from The Arsenal

'You sold Sow - we signed Anthony Stokes - Anthony Stokes"

http://youtu.be/hm9NlL9DawQ

Great Shout 👍🏻

iwasthere1972
03-02-2016, 05:25 PM
We'll rip up your seats
We'll pish in your sinks
This is a ****hole
Everything stinks
In your Tynie slum

Coats on

since90plustwo
03-02-2016, 06:54 PM
Don Cowie is a player who has played at a much higher level than Stokes so i would bin this song. Cannot wait to hear the john mcginn song tho

Cod Boy
03-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Well sing on our own
we'll sing on our own
You boring *******s
we'll sing on our own

Eaststand
03-02-2016, 07:49 PM
Hows about this for our crackin wee midfield maestro - sung to the tune of Knees up mother brown -

We've got John McGinn
We've got John McGinn
Scorin. Passin, shootin, tacklin
Super John McGinn

and if it works, and actually gets sung i'll try and find Hibby words that fit for White Cliffs of Dover next B-) ha ha

GGTTH

ChrissyG1875
03-02-2016, 08:49 PM
To the tune of louie louie by the kingsmen

louie louie oooooh
lewis stevenson
oyoyoyoyoyoy

I started belting this out when I was steaming one night but I actually think it'd be quite good

mentalhibee
03-02-2016, 08:57 PM
They sing

I agree, great song. Would be great for the derby.

Flynn
04-02-2016, 12:03 AM
To the tune of louie louie by the kingsmen

louie louie oooooh
lewis stevenson
oyoyoyoyoyoy

I started belting this out when I was steaming one night but I actually think it'd be quite good

I like it and let's face it, Lewis Stevenson deserves a song.

Plus Louie Louie is a brilliant tune.

hibeesathampden
04-02-2016, 05:41 AM
Don Cowie is a player who has played at a much higher level than Stokes so i would bin this song. Cannot wait to hear the john mcginn song tho

Not really. Both have played Premiership and Championship football in England. Regardless, I know which player I would prefer to have in the team 👍🏻

Dr Jimmy
04-02-2016, 10:08 AM
You have no shame
You have no shame
You stole from everyone
You have no shame

since90plustwo
04-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Not really. Both have played Premiership and Championship football in England. Regardless, I know which player I would prefer to have in the team 

Well Cowie has made his career in England and Stokes failed. Still rather have Stokes but the song makes it out as if they have signed a nobody :rolleyes:

yerauldda
04-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Here's to you Lewis Stevenson, the Hibees love you more than you could know ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh

and repeat.

EH54
04-02-2016, 11:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h72kUQ4rudk

Stubbsy had a dream
To build a football team
He had no players so he had to sign them on loan
We build from the back
With Stokes in attack
We are the hibees
Were on our way back!

ChrissyG1875
04-02-2016, 12:34 PM
I like it and let's face it, Lewis Stevenson deserves a song.

Plus Louie Louie is a brilliant tune.
certainly is, I've always loved that tune but strangely have never listened to anything else by them.

totally agree, I can't think of anyone else who deserves a song more than him.

Here's to you Lewis Stevenson, the Hibees love you more than you could know ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh

and repeat.
also excellent

proud_and_green
04-02-2016, 12:52 PM
The referee's a w**k*r....!

Guaranteed to get sung!

Pretty Boy
04-02-2016, 01:15 PM
I always love these threads.

The chances of any of the efforts getting an airing at Tynecastle on Sunday is slm to none.

iwasthere1972
04-02-2016, 01:27 PM
I always love these threads.

The chances of any of the efforts getting an airing at Tynecastle on Sunday is slm to none.

Although the best contender is the post above yours. :aok:

Ringothedog
04-02-2016, 01:46 PM
"Shall we sing a song for you ?" , "We forgot that you were here" and "Cheer up Craig Levein"

JimBHibees
04-02-2016, 01:52 PM

Has he really Stokes has scored in the Premier League for Sunderland.

allezsauzee
04-02-2016, 01:54 PM
I think i know what song will be getting sung at half time when Gonzo makes the half time draw :greengrin

Stevie Reid
04-02-2016, 02:21 PM

Cowie is/was a good player, but has he played in the Champions League?

HappyHanlon
04-02-2016, 08:57 PM
One Paul Hanlon

hibeesathampden
04-02-2016, 10:13 PM
Well Cowie has made his career in England and Stokes failed. Still rather have Stokes but the song makes it out as if they have signed a nobody :rolleyes:

No the song pokes fun at their obsession with us being the "wee team" and compares the new signings for both clubs. Didn't mean for it to turn into a debate about who's had the best career, but silly to state that Cowies played at a higher level. Catchy song anyway and would love to hear it belting out. Saying that I'll take a rendition of "we can see you sneaking out." After our 3rds gone in 👍🏻

Libby Hibby
05-02-2016, 06:42 AM
Will the drum be at the game?

mentalhibee
05-02-2016, 07:19 AM
One Paul Hanlon

We've got a diamond called Paul hanlon
A hibee that plays at centre back
He plays along side Fraser fyvie
Together at Hibernian fc.....
And when you're in the green
We'll sing this song for you
Paul hanlon is a hibee through and through
And when you're in the green
We'll sing this song for you
Paul hanlon is a hibee through and through. *repeat*

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cAHbSDizyxE Copied from the by the Everton fans.

andy1875
05-02-2016, 08:32 PM
Hows about this for our crackin wee midfield maestro - sung to the tune of Knees up mother brown -

We've got John McGinn
We've got John McGinn
Scorin. Passin, shootin, tacklin
Super John McGinn

and if it works, and actually gets sung i'll try and find Hibby words that fit for White Cliffs of Dover next B-) ha ha

GGTTH

A bit like your golf, not bad, but LOADS of room for improvement :greengrin

Coco_hibee
06-02-2016, 12:52 AM
What about James Keatings! (Keatings!) to the tune of Michael Jackson - Beat it.

I'll grab my coat!

Pete
06-02-2016, 06:42 AM
Well Cowie has made his career in England and Stokes failed.:

That's a simplistic view that won't stand up to scrutiny.

While Cowie was indeed a talent, he is a cart horse and is now at the end of his career.

Stokes is a flawed genius who has somehow landed up here in while he's in his prime.

Arguments aside, it's Derby weekend so one is a superior player in every way while the other is a hearts cant who can sook ma boaby.

Eaststand
06-02-2016, 08:37 AM
A bit like your golf, not bad, but LOADS of room for improvement :greengrin

Ha ha, I just let my low golf scores do my talking......

I thought with Dad's Army making a comeback in the Pics, my wee song was good, but maybe I should scrap my plans to make a full length Hibs musical then eh, and I'll cancel the booking for Chas n Dave :na na:

GGTTH

Sweet Left Peg
06-02-2016, 08:53 AM
How about one to the tune of the Batman theme but using Stubbsy instead of Batman. Accompanied by rhythmical and energetic clapping, it could sound awesome. Dead easy and can be substituted for any number of two syllabled names/nicknames. Stokesy, Hanlon, Bartley, Fyvie would all work.