PDA

View Full Version : neutral seating??

kenny.ff
01-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Is this something the would look at for the final? Guy from work said he would go to final with his kids if there was a neutral area, said he thinks its been done before. Hes a jambo but not a mad fan, said he might even sit in the hibs end if he can get tickets, its just so his sons can see a game.

FromTheCapital
01-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Is this something the would look at for the final? Guy from work said he would go to final with his kids if there was a neutral area, said he thinks its been done before. Hes a jambo but not a mad fan, said he might even sit in the hibs end if he can get tickets, its just so his sons can see a game.

No Jambos at our final please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
01-02-2016, 05:13 PM
I went to quite a few Cup finals when I was a kid. It was one of the good things about Hampden having such a big capacity - you could just get tickets and rock up as a neutral (in one end or the other). I saw the Aberdeen v Rangers League Cup final that went to penalties, the Motherwell v United Scottish Cup final, the Celtic v Aberdeen game that went to penalties - great days out.

It's a shame that this is so difficult in these days of uberfans, loyalty points and our country having 3 grounds that hold roughly the same number of people but not a "Millennium Stadium" or a 30,000 seater anywhere in the country.

Ok, the guy may be a Jambo but I'd be happy to welcome him along for the day - his kids are potential Hibs fans and we've more chance of "converting" them at a Cup final than by giving away free tickets for Hibs v Alloa.

Brooster
01-02-2016, 05:16 PM
I have 3 words for your jambo friend and his half baked idea.....the initials are GTF.

kenny.ff
01-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Ive worked with the guy for 10 years and hes been to 1 hears game which was the dundee united game at the end of the year(only because i won tickets in a raffle and gave him them) his words were he hopes he doesnt have to go back anytime soon. So hes not realy a jambo anymore. Its so his kids can take in a game of football without idiots around them. They also atended the hamilton game when it was a quid or something to get in. So hes not fussed about hearts.

Greencore
01-02-2016, 05:18 PM
No thanks.

Sir David Gray
01-02-2016, 05:19 PM

I would suggest that anyone considering sitting in the Hibs end for a cup final really isn't a Jambo in the slightest.

There is no chance in hell that I would be anywhere near a cup final that Hearts were in, unless Hibs were playing as well.

Having said that, if he wants to take the chance of his sons catching the Hibee bug then I'm all for it. :aok:

I doubt there will be a neutral area though.

HibsNutter
01-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Segregation makes for a better atmosphere at the football, can't imagine the same competitive feeling if fans were to sit together at the football.

kenny.ff
01-02-2016, 05:23 PM
Hes not been to hearts games regualar since the late 80s. Doesnt like the place anymore, but hes wanting his kids to take in a game. Doesnt mind hibs, hates rangers celtic ect. Has asked me to take his oldest son to a few hibs games in the past. I see no problem with someone wanting to take a game in as a neutral as long as there wouldnt be a supporter being done out a ticket which is why he has chose this game.

.Sean.
01-02-2016, 05:29 PM
😂😂😂

The whole notion of these neutral areas are diddy and cringey, if your teams no playing you're no welcome, even moreso if you're a Jambo

RyeSloan
01-02-2016, 05:35 PM
dde02dde02dde02 The whole notion of these neutral areas are diddy and cringey, if your teams no playing you're no welcome, even moreso if you're a Jambo

Or they could just buy a ticket for any end and attend anyway...not like they are going to start a riot by not celebrating overly much is it.

scotiaf
01-02-2016, 05:35 PM
I was in the family section (I assume ) for the 91 skol
Cup semi against rangers. I remember being a young pup and kicking a Rangers older gent in the bum sitting on the bars swinging my legs. Sure he said " your teams giving me a kicking I don't need it from you. In a friendly way tbf

Ringothedog
01-02-2016, 05:37 PM
A couple of mates who were avid jambos came to the 1979 final on a bus I ran. I don't get this bitterness.

easty
01-02-2016, 05:37 PM
How many loyalty points does he have?

anon1875
01-02-2016, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't be against a small neutral section for guys who want to take their hibs fan kids to keep them away from the ********s.

Pete
01-02-2016, 05:38 PM
😂😂😂

The whole notion of these neutral areas are diddy and cringey, if your teams no playing you're no welcome, even moreso if you're a Jambo

The north terracing used to be a neutral section at Hampden in the eighties for some games and nobody complained then.

Hermit Crab
01-02-2016, 05:42 PM
No Jambos at our final please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct. Bolt. :agree:

linlithgowhibbie
01-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Correct. Bolt. :agree:

Incorrect,,,,, welcome him and his kids.:agree:

kenny.ff
01-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Im all for neutrals coming. In this case, were not going to convert him to be a mad hibs fan but we could gain 2 young supporters

Ringothedog
01-02-2016, 05:51 PM

Correct, convert them to the green side.

Pete
01-02-2016, 05:54 PM
I would be against this if it was a 50/50 split as there would probably be hibees missing out but we'll probably be allocated 35,000 plus.

More the merrier I say, as long as their intentions are honourable.

Brooster
01-02-2016, 06:35 PM
Its official....we are going soft. An effing neutral section at a cup final!?!? Or any other game for that matter. Toughen up eh. We will sell to 35k Hibbys as we have proved in the past. What a ridder this thread is.

Scouse Hibee
01-02-2016, 06:41 PM
Why not he's probably been to more Hibs games than some who call themselves Hibees have. Lets convert his kids at least.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2016, 06:46 PM

Can't see anything wrong with that. Does he know the words to 'Sunshine on Leith'?

A Jambo but not a mad fan? I think you'll find that all the Jambos are mad.

marinello59
01-02-2016, 06:48 PM
A neutral/mixed area where fans of both clubs can sit seems a good idea to me for this final. The future of fitba lies in getting family groups attending on a regular basis. This type of thing should already be happening in our grounds.

easty
01-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Its official....we are going soft. An effing neutral section at a cup final!?!? Or any other game for that matter. Toughen up eh. We will sell to 35k Hibbys as we have proved in the past. What a ridder this thread is.

:agree:

Completely ridiculous. Should be a day for celebrating being a hibby, no a nice wee day out for a family of ****ing hearts fans.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2016, 06:52 PM
A neutral/mixed area where fans of both clubs can sit seems a good idea to me for this final. The future of fitba lies in getting family groups attending on a regular basis. This type of thing should already be happening in our grounds.

Could trial it out at Ibrox when they eventually play the other cheek. We could then roll it out throughout the leagues.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-02-2016, 06:54 PM
This thread has gone swimmingly for the OP! :-)

marinello59
01-02-2016, 06:55 PM
Could trial it out at Ibrox when they eventually play the other cheek. We could then roll it out throughout the leagues.

That's just the type of game that this should be tried out at. There are plenty of decent fans from both Sevco and Celtic who may well be happy to sit in a mixed area. That's how the sectarian divide is broken down, not by unenforceable laws.

marinello59
01-02-2016, 06:57 PM

Point taken about selling our tickets so maybe not a neutral section.:greengrin
I don't see how having a small mixed family section would be a sign of weakness though, it doesn't have to be 90 minutes of hatred towards your opponents. Does it?

SonOfDavidFrancey
01-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Yes one of those that gives you an insight you wish you had never got

kenny.ff
01-02-2016, 06:59 PM

It was just a question bud, also he mentioned he thought it had been done before so was intrested if this was the case. If he comes along he comes along, if he doesnt then so be it. If 100 families did this thou and we got 30 fans i dont see the problem

Onceinawhile
01-02-2016, 07:00 PM
So, we should hand back some tickets and some Hibs fans should go without so that hearts, rangers and Celtic fans can attend?

Bonkers.

kenny.ff
01-02-2016, 07:03 PM
Read back threw. Sure i mentioned as long as supporters werent missing out then if there is spare tickets why not? At least 10% of people who will show up prob aimt been to a game since the last final anyway so not exactly loyal supprters going to be missing out

easty
01-02-2016, 07:05 PM
At least 10% of people who will show up prob aimt been to a game since the last final anyway so not exactly loyal supprters going to be missing out

I wouldn't care if a Hibs fan hadn't bothered thier arse to go to a game since we won the Skol cup, I'd still rather have them at Hampden than a hearts fan.

marinello59
01-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Read back threw. Sure i mentioned as long as supporters werent missing out then if there is spare tickets why not? At least 10% of people who will show up prob aimt been to a game since the last final anyway so not exactly loyal supprters going to be missing out

Now you are just getting silly. Making derogatory comments about your fellow Hibs fans whilst making a case for your Jambo mate to get a ticket isn't going to win you any friends.

Brooster
01-02-2016, 07:08 PM
It was just a question bud, also he mentioned he thought it had been done before so was intrested if this was the case. If he comes along he comes along, if he doesnt then so be it. If 100 families did this thou and we got 30 fans i dont see the problem

Ask him along to the next home game, Hibs v Alloa 21st Feb Sunday lunchtime live on TV rather than have a day trip to a national final. That way he wont be doing anyone out of a ticket.

Keith_M
01-02-2016, 07:10 PM
I can't believe some of the comments on here sometimes.

For Pete's sake, the guy just fancies taking his kids to a game of football.

:brickwall

cabbageandribs1875

absolutely :agree:

kenny.ff
Thats an opinion mate, funny he was at the 91 final with his best mate who was a hibee funny enough. As ive said hes not ever been a die hard supporter and his kids always ask him to go see a football match. Seems ab ideal chance for them to see a cracking atmosphere and not be subject to abuse that it would be if it was rangers,celtic,hearts.. i wouldnt like to see any hibs fans miss out for a neutural but ross county arent going to punt many tickets and i think we will sell 35k max under the circumstances, yes we sold more in 2007 i think but look at our average gate back then compared to now.

This wasnt meant to turn into a debate, was simply a question of would you be happy with it?and was it likely to happen

Smartie
01-02-2016, 07:11 PM
So, we should hand back some tickets and some Hibs fans should go without so that hearts, rangers and Celtic fans can attend?

Bonkers.

I think the poster who referred to the difference between this game and one where it was a 50/50 split hit the nail on the head.

There will be "Hibs fans" amongst our 40,000 or so (who we'll boast to high heavens about) who are scarcely more of a Hibs fan than this guy is.

No real Hibs fan will go without for this one and no-one's suggesting they should.

It's embarrassing when you see Hampden fail to sell out for cup finals. If this guy wants to come along then the more the merrier.

As I said earlier, I liked going along to cup finals as a kid, and I'm sure in the late 80's/early 90's there was a designated part of Hampden for families/ neutrals. It may sound mad to some but that's the way it was.

erin go bragh
01-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Is it not about 10k that goes to the debentures as it is .

GGTTH

Keith_M
01-02-2016, 07:15 PM
I think the poster who referred to the difference between this game and one where it was a 50/50 split hit the nail on the head.

There will be "Hibs fans" amongst our 40,000 or so (who we'll boast to high heavens about) who are scarcely more of a Hibs fan than this guy is.

No real Hibs fan will go without for this one and no-one's suggesting they should.

It's embarrassing when you see Hampden fail to sell out for cup finals. If this guy wants to come along then the more the merrier.

As I said earlier, I liked going along to cup finals as a kid, and I'm sure in the late 80's/early 90's there was a designated part of Hampden for families/ neutrals. It may sound mad to some but that's the way it was.

East Section of the North Terrace. It was still in place in '91 for the Semi Final against Rangers.

A small part of the East Terrace was set aside for a mixed family area at the Final that year as well

There was absolutely no trouble in these sections at either game.

Brooster
01-02-2016, 07:17 PM
I quite fancy taking in a Bayern Munich game, preferably a champions league final. In fact maybe they could ring fence a neutral section to make it more pleasant for my sons. I dont care if real Bayern fans miss out.....its all about me. Im a day tripper.

easty
01-02-2016, 07:19 PM
I quite fancy taking in a Bayern Munich game, preferably a champions league final. In fact maybe they could ring fence a neutral section to make it more pleasant for my sons. I dont care if real Bayern fans miss out.....its all about me. Im a day tripper.

Cannae see how Bayern fans could complain, it'll be a good chance to possibly make you chose to be a Bayern fan.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-02-2016, 07:21 PM
There will be loads of people at this game who aren't Hibs fans, so what that's always going to be the case for such a game.
No real supporters are going to miss out.

Brooster
01-02-2016, 07:21 PM
Cannae see how Bayern fans could complain, it'll be a good chance to possibly make you chose to be a Bayern fan.

Excellent. I think I will log on to a Bayern fans forum pretending to be one of them to test the water.

Scouse Hibee
01-02-2016, 07:22 PM

Bonkers.

Show me where on this thread or in the OP where that has been suggested. Bonkers indeed.

silverhibee
01-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Point taken about selling our tickets so maybe not a neutral section.:greengrin
I don't see how having a small mixed family section would be a sign of weakness though, it doesn't have to be 90 minutes of hatred towards your opponents. Does it?

Of course it does.

marinello59
01-02-2016, 07:28 PM
Of course it does.

I did ask. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
01-02-2016, 07:36 PM
We had a Celtic supporting 'neutral' at the 91 LC final ...... The guy was a gigantic pain in the arse all the way back to Edinburgh with his constant moaning about "how sheeyte the game was" ...... apparently he was from a big family of local mentalists which is why he didn't get the smack in the pus he so richly deserved ... mores the pity.

Apart from that I met loads of non Hibbies I knew at the Livvi final .... nae probs with them as a rule :agree:

marinello59
01-02-2016, 07:41 PM
We had a Celtic supporting 'neutral' at the 91 LC final ...... The guy was a gigantic pain in the arse all the way back to Edinburgh with his constant moaning about "how sheeyte the game was" ...... apparently he was from a big family of local mentalists which is why he didn't get the smack in the pus he so richly deserved ... mores the pity.

Apart from that I met loads of non Hibbies I knew at the Livvi final .... nae probs with them as a rule :agree:

At the 2001 cup final there was a guy sat in front of us wearing a neutral half Hibs, Half Unwashed shirt. I think he was turfed out when Celtic scored their first goal. I was amazed he got in to be honest.

kenny.ff
01-02-2016, 07:46 PM
At the 2001 cup final there was a guy sat in front of us wearing a neutral half Hibs, Half Unwashed shirt. I think he was turfed out when Celtic scored their first goal. I was amazed he got in to be honest.

Old half anf half shirts never a good idea. Uncle went fown to liverpool for the hearts game with a half hibs half liverpool top and was drinking with the hearts fams. Cant imagine the abuse he got

NAE NOOKIE
01-02-2016, 07:49 PM

I seem to remember folk on about that at the time. There's being a neutral and there's being a prat ... I bloody hate those scarves they sell at big games with both teams on them.

Scouse Hibee
01-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Old half anf half shirts never a good idea. Uncle went fown to liverpool for the hearts game with a half hibs half liverpool top and was drinking with the hearts fams. Cant imagine the abuse he got

Where did he get the half\half Liverpool\Hibs shirt?

kenny.ff
01-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Where did he get the half\half Liverpool\Hibs shirt?

Sure he said his friend done it for him, just zapped both tops up the centre and tailered them together.

Scouse Hibee
01-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Sure he said his friend done it for him, just zapped both tops up the centre and tailered them together.

Ah right cheers, fancy one of them😁

marinello59
01-02-2016, 07:57 PM
I seem to remember folk on about that at the time. There's being a neutral and there's being a prat ... I bloody hate those scarves they sell at big games with both teams on them.

He was definitely a prat.
My son bought one of those half Hibs, half Malmo scarves before the home game against them. He's not a fan of them now either. The Seven Up t-shirt I wore home and away joined his scarf in the bin as well. We shouldn't be allowed to dress ourselves on match days.:greengrin

Beefster
01-02-2016, 07:58 PM
I can't believe some of the comments on here sometimes.

For Pete's sake, the guy just fancies taking his kids to a game of football.

We've got a home game in a couple of weeks, if he's really keen.

silverhibee
01-02-2016, 07:58 PM
I did ask. :greengrin

You did, i gave a honest answer. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
01-02-2016, 07:59 PM

Tell him to take them to ER. Plenty empty seats there after all :wink:

wookie70
01-02-2016, 08:17 PM
It would be good if they had a proper family area at Hampdump. The times I have taken the kids recently there have been more drunks thanks chucking out time at the pub. That was in the so called family area. As far as I am concerned you shouldn't be able to but a ticket in the family area unless accompanying a child. Your mate and his kids would be welcome as far as I am concerned. We only get 8K or so Hibees at the games so the chance of converting a few youngsters can only be a good thing.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-02-2016, 08:25 PM
No real supporters are going to miss out.

I'd prefer Real fans to miss out instead of Hibs fans.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-02-2016, 08:27 PM
I'd prefer Real fans to miss out instead of Hibs fans.:wink:

lucky
01-02-2016, 10:24 PM
The 91 final against Dunfermline had a mixed family section. It was also the only area of the ground where you had to buy a ticket from a kiosk before the game. But football has become even more tribal since then and I don't think it would be a good idea

IberianHibernian
01-02-2016, 11:17 PM
My first cup final was the 1972 SC one . I was in the old terracing under the old North Stand surrounded by Celtic fans . Although most Hibs fans ( crowd was 106,000 and most Hibs fans seemed to be in half of " Rangers End " so 30,000 Hibbies may have been an overestimate ) were in one part of the stadium , I`m sure there were loads more Hibbies mixed in with Celtic fans and neutrals . At that match it was PATG except for 2 stands that were probably only about 10,000 tickets .
Anyway , our final will not be a sell out whenever it`s played and whatever the prices . No Hibs fan will miss out if Scottish League decide to sell even a couple of thousand tickets to families / youth teams etc At the Livi final in 2004 , I met folk who`d bought tickets through Hibs who`d never been to a football match in their lives let alone be worried about who was sitting near them . And after every semi and final we`ve been in since hibs.net existed there have been long threads about drunks in family areas . Matches that are supposed to be opportunities to convert one off fans into regulars ( obviously after diehards have got their tickets ) end up putting people off going back .
So reading here some would prefer to see 30,000 Hibbies , 5000 RC fans and a few hundred debenture holders and lots of empty seats instead of 30,000 Hibbies and 5,000 RC fans in segregated areas ( shouldn`t be necessary but that`s another argument ) plus another 10,000 ( including some Hibbies ) in neutral areas .
Anyway , there will be thousands of fans at the game who either support no team or support other teams so maybe talk of neutral area is not that important .