PDA

View Full Version : Steven Fletcher

since90plustwo
01-02-2016, 04:29 PM
On his way to Marseille. About time he got a move to a big club. Hope it all works out for him!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11695/10151635/sunderland-striker-steve-fletcher-set-to-join-marseille

Big_Franck
01-02-2016, 04:32 PM
Didn't see that one coming. Good luck to him though, could be a great move for him and for the national side if it goes well.

lugz
01-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Completely surprised by this, might get some abuse for this but....I thought his career was on a downward slope, he's been terrible for scotland and hardly doing anything down south.

As a ex hibee and a good lad I wish him all the best.

Smartie
01-02-2016, 04:34 PM
I can't believe more Scots players don't try to make it abroad.

I'd love to have a stint at a club like Marseille, imagine living in the South of France? Lovely.

Good for him for taking the plunge and going for it.

Conrad Gray
01-02-2016, 04:34 PM
I can't believe he's only 28

Onceinawhile
01-02-2016, 04:35 PM
Get your cash on marseille going down next year! Boys a jinx!!

Smartie
01-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Completely surprised by this, might get some abuse for this but....I thought his career was on a downward slope, he's been terrible for scotland and hardly doing anything down south.

I didn't think he was at his best against Germany (the World Cup holders) and can't remember if he played in the Georgia debacle but for someone who has been struggling to get a game for his club side I thought he was largely excellent for Scotland in the most recent campaign.

Scouse Hibee
01-02-2016, 04:37 PM
Had some great moves in his career, his agent know s his stuff. Good luck to him,from Sunderland to the South of France who wouldn't.

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 04:47 PM
I didn't think he was at his best against Germany (the World Cup holders) and can't remember if he played in the Georgia debacle but for someone who has been struggling to get a game for his club side I thought he was largely excellent for Scotland in the most recent campaign.

Agree entirely both Poland games played really well.

lugz
01-02-2016, 04:59 PM

Yeah he played against Georgia and was horrible. As you say he's been struggling to get a game at club level so maybe shouldn't have been played by Strachan. Good luck to him as someone else said his agent is doing a cracking job.

O'Rourke3
01-02-2016, 05:00 PM
So expect him at Celtic didnt work out...

Sent via the bushes @ EM

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Yeah he played against Georgia and was horrible. As you say he's been struggling to get a game at club level so maybe shouldn't have been played by Strachan. Good luck to him as someone else said his agent is doing a cracking job.

I think it is fair to say he wasnt the only one that game.

lugz
01-02-2016, 05:02 PM
I think it is fair to say he wasnt the only one that game.

Definitely not, a night I wish I could forget.

Sir David Gray
01-02-2016, 05:04 PM
As someone who was a good servant to this club, I wish him all the best and I sincerely hope it works out for him.

Spudster
01-02-2016, 05:08 PM

Tartan army love to have a scapegoat and they picked Fletcher for the last campaign despite his 7 goals (out of Scotland's 22 scored). Also disagree with the part in bold http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sunderland-star-steven-fletcher-spits-3036626

Bristolhibby
01-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Tartan army love to have a scapegoat and they picked Fletcher for the last campaign despite his 7 goals (out of Scotland's 22 scored). Also disagree with the part in bold http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sunderland-star-steven-fletcher-spits-3036626

Gross.

On a related note my missus was gobbed on in the face by a rickshaw driver in London on a hen do. (Arguing over the fair which seemed outrageously high). A tramp saw the incident and waded in to protect the ladies. The ***** of a rickshaw driver proceeded to slap the tramp around. The karma kicks in when a group of lads having seen the commotion then swing the tramp getting a slap rushed in smacked the dirty bar steward rickshaw driver to the ground and trashed his rickshaw.

Was fuming when I heard about this, but felt better for the good Samaritans, especially the tramp. Funnily enough the girls have the tramp more money that they were arguing with the driver in the first place.

J

lugz
01-02-2016, 05:33 PM

How many were against Gibraltar?
With regards to him being a good lad,I just took him at face value as we used to go out drinking quite a lot together when he was at us.

Dashing Bob S
01-02-2016, 05:42 PM
Sacre bleu! Is there a -how you say- finders fee due to zee ibs?

ancient hibee
01-02-2016, 05:55 PM
As someone who was a good servant to this club, I wish him all the best and I sincerely hope it works out for him.

It certainly has worked out for him financially up to now.

NAE NOOKIE
01-02-2016, 06:00 PM
Must have totted up a fair few bob in transfer fees in his time, he aint gonna retire poor that's for sure, unless he spends it all on beard grooming products.

hibsbollah
01-02-2016, 06:05 PM
One of my favourite players going to one of my favourite clubs. :aok: vive l'OM!

Edit...there's nothing on the OM website yet, not a done deal?

01-02-2016, 06:29 PM
One of the only guys in our "golden generation" that didn't race down the M8 when the OF came calling, he had more ambition. Stuck in at hibs, worked hard, listened to the right people clearly and he's made a good career for himself.

Well done Fletch, all the best to you!

Onceinawhile
01-02-2016, 06:37 PM
One of the only guys in our "golden generation" that didn't race down the M8 when the OF came calling, he had more ambition. Stuck in at hibs, worked hard, listened to the right people clearly and he's made a good career for himself.

No he didn't he tried his best to manufacture a move to Celtic!

Booked4Being-Ugly
01-02-2016, 06:46 PM
No he didn't he tried his best to manufacture a move to Celtic!Correct, then spat the dummy and never tried after that, **** him!

Smartie
01-02-2016, 06:51 PM
Correct, then spat the dummy and never tried after that, **** him!

Really?

I remember him not being happy that the move never went through but I don't think he spat the dummy for long.

He moved at the right time, there was nothing else that he could have learned/ achieved with us.

I was happy to see him move at the right time, for a decent fee, to a club who could enhance his career.

He'd have to do a lot worse than that for me to say **** him about a guy who came through our youth ranks and scored 2 goals in a winning cup final for us.

jacomo
01-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Really?

I remember him not being happy that the move never went through but I don't think he spat the dummy for long.

He moved at the right time, there was nothing else that he could have learned/ achieved with us.

I was happy to see him move at the right time, for a decent fee, to a club who could enhance his career.

He'd have to do a lot worse than that for me to say **** him about a guy who came through our youth ranks and scored 2 goals in a winning cup final for us.

Agree with all that.

The Celtic move that never happened was an unfortunate episode, but it shouldn't cloud all he did with us. Good luck to him, always liked him as a player.

zlatan
01-02-2016, 07:01 PM

Scored two goals in a winning cup final side. Hero.

easty
01-02-2016, 07:03 PM
Scored two goals in a winning cup final side. Hero.

That's how he'll be remembered by me. :aok:

hibsbollah
01-02-2016, 07:06 PM

This wasnt how i remember Fletch behaving so i checked. He scored 5 goals in the final 14 games after asking Hibs to sell him in in late January, which is a decent return. He was also being played in a wide midfield position which I recall he wasnt happy about.

Mikeystewart
01-02-2016, 07:07 PM
Sorry if it has already been mentioned but do Hibs still get a cut on his transfers or is that long gone / no clause ever existed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
01-02-2016, 07:16 PM

Total bull****.

Boyle89
01-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Fletcher was a good player for hibs. Scored goals, worked hard and moved on for really good money. Even made us money when moving on again, granted that wasn't all down to him. Don't understand some peoples dislike of him. Remember when he came on at east end and changed the game. Great player IMO.
Did he donate any money back to our youth set up or have I imagined that?

Onceinawhile
01-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Sorry if it has already been mentioned but do Hibs still get a cut on his transfers or is that long gone / no clause ever existed?

I'm sure we get a cut under the good faith agreement or something like that.

Jonnyboy
01-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Total bull****.

:agree: Utter

danhibees1875
01-02-2016, 07:58 PM

We probably got something small after the first time he moved again. If we get even 20p on the back of this then petrie pulled off the best contract ever written.

Ritchie
01-02-2016, 08:44 PM
Just been confirmed. On loan though.

Onceinawhile
01-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Good for him.

Joins a pretty big legend in having played for both teams!

Hibrandenburg
02-02-2016, 06:54 AM
Good for him.

Joins a pretty big legend in having played for both teams!

Was thinking similar. Maybe FS put in a good word?

chinaman
02-02-2016, 07:45 AM

This

wills
02-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Does Sauze still have ties with Marseille?

pacorosssco
02-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Does Sauze still have ties with Marseille?

No a good mate works Adidas and visited Marseille for a Charity he is close too. He said Marseille say much the same doesnt return calls doesnt drop in etc. Shame but if thats how he wants it fair enough. Did talking on the pitch.

midfield_maestro
02-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Really?

He could have learned to kick the ball with his other foot.

Nutmegged
02-02-2016, 04:47 PM
He could have learned to kick the ball with his other foot.

When you could score the type of half volley 20 yarder with the outside of your left peg at Celtic Park (2-3 them 2006ish) you don't need to give yourself the option of using your standing foot

midfield_maestro
02-02-2016, 04:50 PM
He passed up many, many decent chances trying to get the ball onto his left foot. His ratio of goals to games at Hibs is poorer than Griffiths, Riordan and even O'Connor.

I found him a very frustrating player to watch.

hibsbollah
02-02-2016, 04:56 PM
He passed up many, many decent chances trying to get the ball onto his left foot. His ratio of goals to games at Hibs is poorer than Griffiths, Riordan and even O'Connor.

I found him a very frustrating player to watch.

Yet he proves himself at the top tier in England, which Riordan and O'Connor were miles away from, and Griffiths has so far failed to do either. Top scorer at Burnley and their players player of the year in his first season (with at least three with his right peg). £12 MILLION fee.

Has there been a Hibs striker that has gone on to a more successful career in the last 30 years? I can't think of one.

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2016, 05:00 PM

I found him a very frustrating player to watch.Yet he has scored more premier league goals than all of them + Kenny Miller combined. The guy is absolute class.

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Total bull****.

:agree: UtterTotal and utter bull****.....really?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/feb/06/steven-fletcher-hibernian-celtic-transfer

"I cannot express how hurt and despondent Steven is by the manner in which he has been treated," Scott Fisher said. "He remains at Hibs but it is going to be very difficult for him to pick himself up after this. He feels he has had the rug pulled from under his feet and I'm not sure how he will be able to get that out of his head. It is going to be very difficult for him to return to the club. What's the next step? Right now I have no idea, but we have one very unhappy player on our hands. "

(http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/feb/06/steven-fletcher-hibernian-celtic-transfer)http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/other-sports/hibs-star-steven-fletcher-devastated-1008160#RoZMFJhpFGLzthYP.97

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/7865753.stm

midfield_maestro
02-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Yet he proves himself at the top tier in England, which Riordan and O'Connor were miles away from, and Griffiths has so far failed to do either. Top scorer at Burnley and their players player of the year in his first season (with at least three with his right peg). £12 MILLION fee.

Has there been a Hibs striker that has gone on to a more successful career in the last 30 years? I can't think of one.

Not disputing the success of his career, which is astonishing - in all senses.

Just stating that he was not as effective at Hibs as any of the aforementioned, and certainly not as good to watch as two of them.

hibsbollah
02-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Total and utter bull****.....really?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/feb/06/steven-fletcher-hibernian-celtic-transfer

"I cannot express how hurt and despondent Steven is by the manner in which he has been treated," Scott Fisher said. "He remains at Hibs but it is going to be very difficult for him to pick himself up after this. He feels he has had the rug pulled from under his feet and I'm not sure how he will be able to get that out of his head. It is going to be very difficult for him to return to the club. What's the next step? Right now I have no idea, but we have one very unhappy player on our hands. "

(http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/feb/06/steven-fletcher-hibernian-celtic-transfer)http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/other-sports/hibs-star-steven-fletcher-devastated-1008160#RoZMFJhpFGLzthYP.97

You said 'he spat the dummy and never tried after that, **** him'. Your link above doesn't prove anything about his lack of effort, which is disproved by the fact he scored 5 in 14 after the request was turned down.

hibsbollah
02-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Not disputing the success of his career, which is astonishing - in all senses.

Just stating that he was not as effective at Hibs as any of the aforementioned, and certainly not as good to watch as two of them.

Personal preferences I suppose. I loved watching Fletcher. Worked so well in a three alongside the Moroccans, such an intelligent player, although I agree it was bizarre when he moved down south he suddenly started being two-footed!

Lago
02-02-2016, 05:17 PM

I would have to say he has had an average career down south, apart from making decent money. If he had been successful doubt he would be going out on loan.

Sweet Left Peg
02-02-2016, 05:21 PM

Reading those links, I would say that it highlights more that the MSM in Scotland and, in particular, players' agents will aim to promote a positive agenda towards appealing to thousands of fans who will gladly pay 20p or whatever to be told what they want to hear. It's not news. It's not informative. The bleatings of Fletcher's agent strike me as being more of his own angst at missing out on a deal for a quick buck. How many times have you heard an agent say that it's not in his client's interest, or, for the benefit of my client's career I think he should stay where he is for the time being rather than sit on the bench for a year at a bigger club. The facts speak for themselves. Steven Fletcher has had a better career, in terms of playing level and more than likely wages, since leaving Hibs than most ex-Hibbys. Good luck to the guy.

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-02-2016, 05:25 PM
You said 'he spat the dummy and never tried after that, **** him'. Your link above doesn't prove anything about his lack of effort, which is disproved by the fact he scored 5 in 14 after the request was turned down.It's hardly total bull**** though, he wasn't happy and his performances did dip IMO.

hibsbollah
02-02-2016, 05:25 PM
I would have to say he has had an average career down south, apart from making decent money. If he had been successful doubt he would be going out on loan.

Nonsense, on both counts. You don't have to be unsuccessful to go out on loan! Look at Chelsea, they've filled their squad with multi-million pound loan signings. Continental sides use loan signings even more, especially like OM who operate just below Champions League level.

If you think Fletchers career down south has been 'average', I wonder what you were expecting from him? 30 goals a season for Man U? Which scottish export has done better?

hibsbollah
02-02-2016, 05:28 PM
It's hardly total bull**** though, he wasn't happy and his performances did dip IMO.

I didn't use the word bull****. Although if pushed id day your first assertion wasn't but your second one was :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2016, 05:33 PM
He joins legends Frank Sauzee and Steven McVie as being the only ex-Hibbies who also played for Marseilles.

chinaman
02-02-2016, 05:38 PM
Fletcher could play tonight for his new team away to montpellier.
It's on live on BT sport 2 at 8 o"clock

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-02-2016, 05:41 PM
I didn't use the word bull****. Although if pushed id day your first assertion wasn't but your second one was :greengrinFair enough bud. :aok:

hibsbollah
02-02-2016, 05:42 PM

Straight into the squad, #9 shirt. According to the clubs website they see him as playing in the hole behind the main striker.

jacomo
02-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Straight into the squad, #9 shirt. According to the clubs website they see him as playing in the hole behind the main striker.

I think he could do that job. So long as defenders don't push him onto his right foot all the time!

allezsauzee
02-02-2016, 05:58 PM
All the best Fletch! Did well for Hibs financially and on the park, hopefully we'll see him back here in a couple of years

Lago
02-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Nonsense, on both counts. You don't have to be unsuccessful to go out on loan! Look at Chelsea, they've filled their squad with multi-million pound loan signings. Continental sides use loan signings even more, especially like OM who operate just below Champions League level.

If you think Fletchers career down south has been 'average', I wonder what you were expecting from him? 30 goals a season for Man U? Which scottish export has done better?
Hasn't been able to hold down a starting slot at Sunderland for some time, never set the heather on fire down south.

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2016, 06:34 PM
Hasn't been able to hold down a starting slot at Sunderland for some time, never set the heather on fire down south.His first 4 seasons in England were fantastic.

hibsbollah
02-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Hasn't been able to hold down a starting slot at Sunderland for some time, never set the heather on fire down south.

:faf:
Again, Which Scottish export has done better?

Lago
02-02-2016, 06:37 PM
His first 4 seasons in England were fantastic.
I will agree his spell at Burnley was good from then flattered to deceive.

pacorosssco
02-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Divides opinion does Fletch. Did well, won a trophy , good fee to club, donated some signing fee back. Dont understand the problem people have with him. Been unlucky to be at Sunderland last few years. Nobody has shown in that time there. Even when not scoring a good footballer. I think for Scotland this campaign he held the ball up well brought others into play. Most likely his instructions from Strachan. Everton fans appreciated Naismith gave all , Sunderland fans not so grateful. Wish him well at OM. Still years in motor. Carved out a career unlike Oconner and Riorden. Made most of what he had.

Green Man
02-02-2016, 06:45 PM

OM Twitter says he hasn't travelled with the squad as he arrived last night. I'll look forward to seeing him when he does play, I think he'll do well there.

Lago
02-02-2016, 06:46 PM

Your more or less admitting that Scottish players are poor if your using Fletcher as a measure.

hibsbollah
02-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Your more or less admitting that Scottish players are poor if your using Fletcher as a measure.

Since you've been unable to name a better recent Scottish export, I'll take it you think he's the best one there's been in recent years, as his 50+goals down south will attest. Glad we're in agreement :aok:

Lago
02-02-2016, 06:51 PM
Since you've been unable to name a better recent Scottish export, I'll take it you think he's the best one there's been in recent years, as his 50+goals down south will attest. Glad we're in agreement :aok:
Whoosh, always wanted to do that:aok:

Matty_Jack04
02-02-2016, 06:53 PM
I will agree his spell at Burnley was good from then flattered to deceive.

You could spend £50mill on a striker he'd still fail at Sunderland they have been horrible the whole time fletch was there, poor decision going there in the first place

KWJ
02-02-2016, 07:02 PM
He was about so much more than goals, I reckon this is a move he could've made at least a couple years ago as the continent may suit his play more. England, and to an extent the Scottish national side, have been turning him more into a Target man from what I've seen and he was always so much more.

When he first broke into the Hibs side he played in midfield IIRC.

It was very odd that he was so one footed at Hibs because he's had the best all round technique that we've brought through. Deeks could strike the ball like no other but Fletch had the full game. He was a very unScottish player if you will, I dunno where it came from! :greengrin

Best of luck to him, think this could be a very good move for him if his head is in it.

hfc rd
02-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Good luck to him. Hope it goes well and one day he returns to finish his career where he strted it.

Just checked their next fixture and his debut is going to be against PSG this Sunday night! Up against Thiago Silva!

Allant1981
02-02-2016, 07:31 PM

Naismith?

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2016, 07:40 PM
I will agree his spell at Burnley was good from then flattered to deceive.So his 22 goals in 61 games for Wolves was flattering to deceive? That is a brilliant goalscoring record for a lower half team.

Nutmegged
02-02-2016, 07:47 PM
Someone posted his goals to games ratio in th Premiership, a very good returm consodering then dross he was playing with.

hibsbollah
02-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Naismith?

A reasonable shout, but less starts and far less goals than Fletch albeit in a stronger side and playing from a wider position. Still, to remain in demand at the highest tier of the game shows Naismith, like Fletcher, is very much an above 'average' export.

chinaman
02-02-2016, 07:57 PM
OM Twitter says he hasn't travelled with the squad as he arrived last night. I'll look forward to seeing him when he does play, I think he'll do well there.
Won't play tonight . Fair enough.
hope it works out for him , good luck fletch

BSEJVT
02-02-2016, 09:00 PM
He was about so much more than goals, I reckon this is a move he could've made at least a couple years ago as the continent may suit his play more. England, and to an extent the Scottish national side, have been turning him more into a Target man from what I've seen and he was always so much more.

It was very odd that he was so one footed at Hibs because he's had the best all round technique that we've brought through. Deeks could strike the ball like no other but Fletch had the full game. He was a very unScottish player if you will, I dunno where it came from! :greengrin

Best of luck to him, think this could be a very good move for him if his head is in it.

Couldn't agree more

Was very well handles by Mowbray who eased him into the team playing midfield through the odd cameo appearance.

Even as a young boy you could tell Fletcher had ability and could see the game.

I despair about some Hibs Fans, the guy scored 2 goals for us in a cup final, made us a ton of cash and has had as good an EPL career as any Scot in the last 20 odd years and rather than give him the credit he's due we would rather criticise him.

Baffling

WTF do some folk expect?

Mibbes Aye
02-02-2016, 09:14 PM

I saw Fletcher playing for Sunderland at the Stadium of Light and it was just horrible. Not him, but the formation and tactics he was being asked to play. Crude and crass, nothing close to the kind of football I remember him for.

In fairness, it was a conscious decision by the coaching staff to try and mitigate the damage against a far-superior team but it was really grim to see him having to play to that system.

I wish him every success at OM. He was always a clever player and one I think whose game can improve to the level around him.

jacomo
02-02-2016, 09:14 PM
I despair about some Hibs Fans, the guy scored 2 goals for us in a cup final, made us a ton of cash and has had as good an EPL career as any Scot in the last 20 odd years and rather than give him the credit he's due we would rather criticise him.

Baffling

WTF do some folk expect?

:agree:

You could argue Scott Brown has had a more successful career, but will always admire Fletcher for establishing himself as an EPL player. And now he's off to Ligue 1 - who was the last Scottish player to do that?

If all Hibs players worked as hard as him we'd be doing very well.

Andy74
02-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Couldn't agree more

Was very well handles by Mowbray who eased him into the team playing midfield through the odd cameo appearance.

Even as a young boy you could tell Fletcher had ability and could see the game.

Baffling

WTF do some folk expect?

I can sort of see where people are coming from though.

For all his ability he didn't really smash it with Hibs in the way he could have.

marinello59
02-02-2016, 09:20 PM

For all his ability he didn't really smash it with Hibs in the way he could have.

He was fantastic for us. The pick of the golden generation for me. I used to despair at some of the comments on here about him after games. The guff about him not trying towards the end of his time with us was absolutely bonkers.

BSEJVT
02-02-2016, 09:53 PM

I wouldn't disagree totally with that comment in that I always felt he was capable of developing further than he did, and there's no doubt that the weakness of his right foot when he was with us, less so know, harmed him but IMO he doesn't get nearly enough credit for all he has achieved and part of that is down to the habit of Scottish Football fans of building players too high too soon and then taking great delight in pulling them down.

This may not be purely a Scottish trait, I don't follow any other countries football closely enough to be able to comment.

I thought that one gift he had that set him apart from his Scottish peers in that team was he always looked to have a better touch and had the knack many great players do of seeming unhurried and comfortable (at least on his left foot) with the ball.

I thought he stood out like a beacon when he first broke into the team, and then suffered a bit as he tried to adapt to a striking role at a very young age.

Unprovable but I have no doubt that if he had stayed in Scotland, he would have eclipsed Brown's Celtic career

Conversely though I think the Scott Brown of Hibs would have had a wonderful EPL career

ancient hibee
02-02-2016, 10:47 PM

Glad you're saying "recent" as clearly there have been dozens who have been better.I've always thought he's been played out of position.He should have been coached as an attacking midfielder and then his relative lack of goals wouldn't have been an issue.

Lago
03-02-2016, 12:48 PM
Glad you're saying "recent" as clearly there have been dozens who have been better.I've always thought he's been played out of position.He should have been coached as an attacking midfielder and then his relative lack of goals wouldn't have been an issue.
Your right of course, Alan Gilzean, John White, Duncan Ferguson and Kenny Dalgleish to name but a few far and away truely better than average.

Smartie
03-02-2016, 01:28 PM
For all there is a lot of money in the EPL there are still a good few coaches there who are tactical dinosaurs - Big Sam for one. Allardyce was probably quite excited about the prospect of working with Fletch, knowing that he can get the noggin on the end of a corner from time to time.

Fletch is one of those players whose style was more suited to the continent and had he gone to for example Spain, would have imo been a terrific success (see comments made by Kanoute and our "appreciation" of Dominique Malonga). Because he's relatively big he'll win a few headers, hold it up and he'll run around like a headless chicken of you want him to. If you play the ball to his feet and leave him to attack though I think he'll be a very special player indeed - we don't tend to favour that on these shores.

I could see Fletch being a success there - I really hope he does as he's a player I've always liked and Marseille are a club I've been fond of since Sauzee was here. Cool strip if nothing else.

Seveno
03-02-2016, 01:36 PM
Being picked out for his work-rate, skill and technique by Messrs Hansen and Shearer on MOTD, says it all for me.

Jonnyboy
03-02-2016, 03:18 PM

Read it twice and still can't see evidence of him chucking the dummy or not trying a leg. Perhaps you should book yourself for being wrong :greengrin

hibsbollah
07-02-2016, 07:55 PM
On the bench tonight for OM vs PSG, kicking off shortly on BT sport Euro. Will be a ridiculously good atmosphere.

hibsbollah
07-02-2016, 08:06 PM
0-1 PSG after 2 mins. Zlatan.

hibsbollah
07-02-2016, 08:30 PM
Cabella with an absolute raker. 1-1. Velodrome going mental.

hibsbollah
07-02-2016, 09:40 PM
PSG score despite getting battered most of the second half. Di Maria 1-2. Fletcher warming up!

hibsbollah
07-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Fletch on.