PDA

View Full Version : Guardiola

Mark79
01-02-2016, 01:34 PM
See Pellegrini leaving at end of season and man city announce Guardiola coming in.

Scorrie
01-02-2016, 01:36 PM
See Pellegrini leaving at end of season and man city announce Guardiola coming in.

Just saw this. Not a complete surprise and will be interesting to see how he gets on next season

GreenArmy1875
01-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Interesting timing considering they are in a title race. Could work two ways I suppose

Lago
01-02-2016, 01:48 PM
Truely hope Pellegrini wins a bucket load before he leaves as he has done a pretty decent job at Man City

Scouse Hibee
01-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Surprised at this as I thought he may end up at United.

Stevie Reid
01-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Very big moment in Manchester.

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2016, 01:59 PM
3 years of sideways passing and he'll be off .

HibsNutter
01-02-2016, 02:01 PM
Fantastic appointment for Man City, for obvious reasons. This will trigger Mourinho's move to Man United now. They can't afford to go much longer without a trophy to maintain their status as an elite club and Mourinho is one of a few who will guarantee trophies (at least in the short run).

Just_Jimmy
01-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Loads of money and best players at Barca
Loads of money and best players at Bayern
Loads of money and best players at City

Probably plays FIFA on beginner level too...

Maybe he'll fancy the Celtic 'Challenge' after his time at City?

:rolleyes:

Haymaker
01-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Worst kept secret in football.

Be interesting to see how he gets on, will need to bring a few faces in the middle however the forward line suits his style.

HibsNutter
01-02-2016, 02:21 PM

Took over Barca when Madrid had won the title two years running, helped to transform Barca into what they are today by allowing Ronaldinho to leave and installing Messi as the main man. The same Ronaldinho who was regarded as the best player in the world at the time. There is no doubt he's a phenomenal manager. Also, when literally every big club in the world is after your signature why would you choose to join a weaker club in the Premier League (as clearly that's where he wanted to manage)? He is always going to choose the club with whom he is most likely to succeed and win trophies, as any player would.

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Brilliant move for City; he must be the hottest property in management right now. It was an open secret he was going there. I look forward to seeing how he does in England, with his sensational record. As a United fan, I won't wish him well, though :greengrin

Ged
01-02-2016, 02:25 PM
It'll be interesting if City draw Bayern in the Champions League this season.

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Surprised at this as I thought he may end up at United.

I can't believe United haven't already sacked that muppet Van Gaal and approached Mourinho. I don't get it.

Onceinawhile
01-02-2016, 02:49 PM
I can't believe United haven't already sacked that muppet Van Gaal and approached Mourinho. I don't get it.

Man u fans want attacking football. Why would they go near mourinho?

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2016, 02:53 PM
Man u fans want attacking football. Why would they go near mourinho?

His Real Madrid team were certainly attacking, he understands the English game and he's proven in the EPL. Van Gaal must be the most negative coach anywhere.

southsider
01-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Brilliant move for City; he must be the hottest property in management right now. It was an open secret he was going there. I look forward to seeing how he does in England, with his sensational record. As a United fan, I won't wish him well, though :greengrin

Does Messi have £750,000,000 buy out clause. Would City pay it and would he go ?

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Man u fans want attacking football. Why would they go near mourinho?What the fans want isn't really important, Man United need winning football and Mourinho is their best chance at that.

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2016, 02:56 PM
Does Messi have £750,000,000 buy out clause. Would City pay it and would he go ?No and No

Treadstone
01-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Goodbye YaYa.

lapsedhibee
01-02-2016, 03:03 PM

Isn't it because Bobby Charlton won't have it (because he thinks Moronho's a ned)?

Nameless
01-02-2016, 04:40 PM

Spot on!! Go to Barnsley and make them great. This is the death of top flight football in England. The only leagues worth watching will be Champ, L1 and L2.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

McKenzie
01-02-2016, 06:00 PM
Wins a trophy on average every 20 games. Plays the best football out of every current manager. What have they got to lose

jacomo
01-02-2016, 07:21 PM
Spot on!! Go to Barnsley and make them great. This is the death of top flight football in England. The only leagues worth watching will be Champ, L1 and L2.

I dislike modern mega-money football, but why is it Guardiola's job to fix it? He's a winner and he wants to go a club that can win the big prizes. He really doesn't have anything to prove - very few coaches are synonymous with a new footballing philosophy, and tiki taka took over the world.

He's got a bit of a rebuilding job at Man City too, as Yaya, Kompany and maybe Silva too might leave this summer or next.

Nameless
01-02-2016, 08:57 PM
He really doesn't have anything to prove

Would you agree, it's easier to win when you have almost limitless resources? His Barca side contained 3 of the top 5 players of the last of the last 15 - 20 years. He was the beneficiary of possibly the best youth system in world football and was managing in La Liga at a time when Spanish football as a whole was at an all time high.

Next, he took the richest and most successful side in Germany, and maintained their status as the richest and most successful side in Germany.

I agree, he has nothing to prove, Barca were pure joy to watch. My person opinion is that he has never built anything and he has never fixed anything, merely maintained a status quo. Ferguson built and rebuilt Man U. Mourinho built Porto, and dragged Inter to a level they will not see again. Klopp was peerless at Dortmund, for taking a broken giant and fixing them.

Everyone expects Pepp to dominate with City, and he will, because his only job is to decide which multi millionaire, world superstars to field, and which to put on the bench.

Scouse Hibee
01-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Wasn't that easy for Moyes or LVG yet I reckon Pep could get United back in track.

Carheenlea
01-02-2016, 09:09 PM
To have one of the biggest names in management coming to England should be a major story and talking point. I get the feeling few up here are really that bothered.
Premier League English football is boring.

jacomo
01-02-2016, 09:17 PM
I agree, he has nothing to prove, Barca were pure joy to watch. My person opinion is that he has never built anything and he has never fixed anything, merely maintained a status quo.

I think you are underplaying his achievement at Barca. They were obviously amongst the elite when he took over (tbf, as a player he had helped put them there) but he elavated them to another level. We might never see a better club team than peak Barca, 2010-2013. They also defined the style of the Spanish national team, with massive success.

But I take your other points. He's not built a team from scratch. And he's always had money.