CB: Hanlon
LB: Stevenson

CDM: Bartley
CM: McGinn
CM: McGeouch
CAM: Henderson

ST: Cummings
ST: Keatings

Probably wont be the team but just the team I'd possibly play. Harsh to drop Fyvie but I feel this is a game where we could definitely use Bartleys height and strength within our midfield as Hearts have a fairly big side.

Think Daggers will start up top but I'd start Keatings just so him and Jase (being ex Hearts) can both score :greengrin

HoboHarry
01-02-2016, 04:16 AM
For me.

GK: Ox

RB: Gray
CB: Fontaine

Probably wont be the team but just the team I'd possibly play. Harsh to drop Fyvie but I feel this is a game where we could definitely use Bartleys height and strength within our midfield as Hearts have a fairly big side.

Think Daggers will start up top but I'd start Keatings just so him and Jase (being ex Hearts) can both score :greengrin

Fairly big side? That's a very nice way of describing their hammer throwers.........

Pete
01-02-2016, 06:07 AM
Same team as Saturday for me. If I was to make any changes it would be Bartley for Fyvie or Stokes for Cummings. Cummings you say but this will be tough and Dagnall will be just what we need.

Saying that, I desperately want to see Thomson in the holding role for some reason. I wish he was here earlier so we could have brought him up to match level as he has the potential to run a game like this.

southern hibby
01-02-2016, 06:38 AM
I've been thinking hard ( painful I know) but I really believe that I'd start with Cummings and Keatings and 20-30 minutes to go bring on Dagnall and Boyle. Not sure why but I think these 2for speed will rip a new one from most defences if they are starting to tire.

GGTTH

3pm
01-02-2016, 07:22 AM
Surely all dependant on the fitness of everyone after the Morton game?

Jones28
01-02-2016, 07:31 AM
Oxley

Gray RB Fontaine CB Hanlon CB Stevenson LB

Bartley CDM Mcgeoch CAM Hendorson RM McGinn LM

Dagnall ST Cummings ST

One change for me, Fyvie for Bartley. Put someone in the middle who's got a bit of height and can crunch a few of them. Their goal will be to kick us off the park and we better be ready to kick back.

We've shown we can beat better sides this season, and this team who could only manage a draw with the mighty Hamilton Accies are going to be just another scalp for us 👍

duffers
01-02-2016, 07:43 AM
If fit, Stokes starts

SeanWilson
01-02-2016, 07:45 AM
For me.

Same starting 11 as sat. We really could have been more comfortable than 2-1 and team looked nicely balanced (bar Jason who either had a role to play it was just on an off day).

Danderhall Hibs
01-02-2016, 07:46 AM
Surely all dependant on the fitness of everyone after the Morton game?

It does. We're getting ahead of ourselves. Hope Stubbs and the players aren't doing the same.

Jones28
01-02-2016, 07:53 AM
There are 4 full rest days between now and Sunday so I don't think fitness between tomorrow and then will be much of an issue. It's more to do with time between the game on Saturday and tomorrow night.

Stubbs will need to balance out players he feels he can afford to rest so they're fully recovered for the game on Sunday and still have the quality to win the game.

lucky
01-02-2016, 08:06 AM
Fyvie starts if fit. Stubbs clearly likes him and to be fair he's playing well just now. Bartley is just not good enough on the ball. We don't need to try and match their physical approach we just need to play our football

The Leith Dutch
01-02-2016, 08:12 AM
One nice thing - we have options both formation wise and personel wise.

3 at the back or 2?
Who do we prefer anchoring the midfield for this game?
Best striking options for starting versus who can make an impact from the bench.....

Add to that a mental strength running through the whole team.

Been a while since I've felt this but as long as we turn up - and we tend to turn up this season - there's nothing there to fear.

Brightside
01-02-2016, 08:57 AM
For me.

I actually though JC had a poor game v St J. Dagnall worked harder and made better runs. JC had an off day.

Ozyhibby
01-02-2016, 09:00 AM
If everyone is fit then I expect Stokes for Dagnell will be the only change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibeewilly
01-02-2016, 09:11 AM
Oxley
McGregor Hanlon Fontaine
Gray McGeouch McGinn Henderson Stevenson
Cummings Stokes

That team is well capable of winning the game. Lets hope we don't pick up any injuries tomorrow night. I'm praying that Hurricane Henry is at its peak and the game is postponed:agree:

SeanWilson
01-02-2016, 09:32 AM
Oxley
McGregor Hanlon Fontaine
Gray McGeouch McGinn Henderson Stevenson
Cummings Stokes

That team is well capable of winning the game. Lets hope we don't pick up any injuries tomorrow night. I'm praying that Hurricane Henry is at its peak and the game is postponed:agree:

Pray for Henry and a Raith Rovers win!

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 10:28 AM
Personally wouldnt be surprised if we played 3 at the back and bring McGregor in as he is our best header of the ball.

hfc rd
01-02-2016, 10:31 AM
For me.

Should we not focus on Morton first before the yams?

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 10:52 AM

Yes absolutely.

Mark79
01-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Osman in for Fyvie?

Liam89
01-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Isn't it lovely to finally have a bit of choice regarding who we play?

leithsansiro
01-02-2016, 03:50 PM
For me.

Definitely agree about Bartley. Genuinely feel that, although he's not our best technical midfielder, he does the stuff that provides a platform for others to perform.

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2016, 03:53 PM

Yes, and hopefully emerge injury free from that.

Franck Stanton
01-02-2016, 04:00 PM

My thoughts exactly, after all, Tuesday's game is of far more importance.

Pete
01-02-2016, 04:13 PM

Why?

I'm sure the players will be focusing on morton first.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-02-2016, 04:14 PM

I actually forgot all about the Morton game, oops!!

Franck Stanton
01-02-2016, 04:16 PM
Why?

Hope you are correct.

Smartie
01-02-2016, 04:22 PM
I can't decide if we need to get a bit more muscle in to try and match them or if we should focus on playing our normal game?

If we get reduced to a kicking match then they'll win, they're more used to playing that way. If it's a game of football we'll win. We need to have enough of a physical presence to avoid getting bullied though.

I like the 3-5-2 idea - I feel we need McGregor, Hanlon and Fontaine out there but for different reasons. Stevenson and Gray are more than capable of playing wing-back and running the line. Cummings is a definite and I'd probably start with Dagnall up there with him, but give Stokes a good half hour at the end of the game.

In midfield I'd be tempted to go with Fyvie, McGeoch and McGinn - all capable of defending, all capable of getting forward, all capable of getting a foot in. Bartley's more defensive, Henderson more attacking - I think we need players who can do it all in this one.

It's harder to think how we should approach tomorrow night's game. It's the most important of the 3 this week and I didn't think Morton looked that bad against Rangers last week . We simply cannot afford to slip up in this one though so there is no way we should be fielding a weakened team.

hfc rd
01-02-2016, 04:25 PM
Why?

The Morton game is just as or even more important than the derby. Promotion back to the top flight is vital. Yes I'm sure Stubbs will have the players full focus on the Morton match and once that's over, then look ahead for the derby.

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 04:37 PM
I can't decide if we need to get a bit more muscle in to try and match them or if we should focus on playing our normal game?

If we get reduced to a kicking match then they'll win, they're more used to playing that way. If it's a game of football we'll win. We need to have enough of a physical presence to avoid getting bullied though.

I like the 3-5-2 idea - I feel we need McGregor, Hanlon and Fontaine out there but for different reasons. Stevenson and Gray are more than capable of playing wing-back and running the line. Cummings is a definite and I'd probably start with Dagnall up there with him, but give Stokes a good half hour at the end of the game.

In midfield I'd be tempted to go with Fyvie, McGeoch and McGinn - all capable of defending, all capable of getting forward, all capable of getting a foot in. Bartley's more defensive, Henderson more attacking - I think we need players who can do it all in this one.

It's harder to think how we should approach tomorrow night's game. It's the most important of the 3 this week and I didn't think Morton looked that bad against Rangers last week . We simply cannot afford to slip up in this one though so there is no way we should be fielding a weakened team.

Agree that McGregor should come in for Sunday and if so he should probably play tomorrow to give him game time. Not so sure whether a weakened team though wouldnt be surprised if Thomson and Stokes started tomorrow (assuming Stokes isnt injured).

southern hibby
02-02-2016, 05:32 AM
We need to crowd the Ref every bad tackle they put in. We have to make sure that the Ref will do his job and to me in Scottish Football we as a team are sadly lacking in this area.
We seem to except the ref's decision to easily at times. Let him know at every foul were here to play football and he's here to stop the Inbreds tactics of hack, hack, kill.

GGTTH

Nutmegged
02-02-2016, 09:20 AM
AgentScotland reporting that Osman Sow could play against us on Sunday if needed due to the terms of his deal

Col_0762
02-02-2016, 07:48 PM
We need to crowd the Ref every bad tackle they put in. We have to make sure that the Ref will do his job and to me in Scottish Football we as a team are sadly lacking in this area.
We seem to except the ref's decision to easily at times. Let him know at every foul were here to play football and he's here to stop the Inbreds tactics of hack, hack, kill.

GGTTH

Ref is Thomson unfortunately. Just seen it on SFA website.