PDA

View Full Version : Hearts - our fourth Premiership scalp of the season

Northernhibee
31-01-2016, 10:39 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/157761-we-are-going-to-hammer-hibs/

Look how confident they are. Aberdeen, Dundee Hibs, St Johnstone - P3, W3, GF 7. Soon to increase all of those numbers no doubt.

Bring them on, we've shown better teams up this season :na na::flag:

matty_f
31-01-2016, 11:43 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/157761-we-are-going-to-hammer-hibs/

Look how confident they are. Aberdeen, Dundee Hibs, St Johnstone - P3, W3, GF 7. Soon to increase all of those numbers no doubt.

Bring them on, we've shown better teams up this season :na na::flag:
Really hope I'm wrong but i think it'll be a game too far for us. Massive game on Saturday in pish conditions where we had to work incredibly hard for 90 minutes to deservedly get the win.
Add in the emotions and euphoria of reaching a cup final, then seeing Celtc papped out today.

We then go into a massive game on Tuesday night where again we're likely to have to endure brutal conditions in a must-win game.

That's before you take into consideration that the Yams have a cracking home record, have a system that absolutely fits the squad that they have, and are playing with a lot of confidence.

We are a good side, our games last season showed we have nothing to fear from them, and that we're more than capable of beating them. My gut feeling is, however, that we'll fall short on Sunday.

Craigmount Hibs
31-01-2016, 11:49 PM
Bring it. Against potters puddle drinking scarf twirling child bothering four fingered midden dwelling "we're the big team" utter cretins, I am confident.

MWHIBBIES
31-01-2016, 11:54 PM
They probably will and this place will go into meltdown saying we are still soft and are bottlers.

I'd absolutely love to be wrong though, **** those ****ing mutants :gwa:

Dashing Bob S
01-02-2016, 12:02 AM
Really hope I'm wrong but i think it'll be a game too far for us. Massive game on Saturday in pish conditions where we had to work incredibly hard for 90 minutes to deservedly get the win.
Add in the emotions and euphoria of reaching a cup final, then seeing Celtc papped out today.

We then go into a massive game on Tuesday night where again we're likely to have to endure brutal conditions in a must-win game.

That's before you take into consideration that the Yams have a cracking home record, have a system that absolutely fits the squad that they have, and are playing with a lot of confidence.

We are a good side, our games last season showed we have nothing to fear from them, and that we're more than capable of beating them. My gut feeling is, however, that we'll fall short on Sunday.

Normally very confident about derbies, but for some reason I agree.

PatHead
01-02-2016, 12:11 AM
Not only have we beaten every Premiership team we have met we have only been beaten once in 23 matches.

We don't have anything to fear. Morton game is next though, lets get that out the way first.

hibees 7062
01-02-2016, 12:20 AM
Djoum, Sow, Nicholson, Pallardo, Augustyn, Paterson all a class above anything they have

Wow

Hibeesmad
01-02-2016, 12:42 AM
Djoum, Sow, Nicholson, Pallardo, Augustyn, Paterson all a class above anything they have

Wow

Sow hasn't got the ability to clean Stokes's boots

FromTheCapital
01-02-2016, 12:52 AM
It'll be a tight, nervy game won by a goal either way imo. More pressure on them tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-02-2016, 01:13 AM

:agree:

lord bunberry
01-02-2016, 01:41 AM
I've got a feeling that Stubbs has got the cavemans number when it comes to derbys. They were pretty ineffective against us last season and only won the first match due to us missing a penalty.

The_Sauz
01-02-2016, 02:06 AM
If we get a strong Ref, then we will win :agree:
But if we get Collum or Thomson, and going by what happened last season, I reckon they will just try kick us off the park!

Here is what I think will happen:
Hearts to get a penalty :agree:
Paul Hanlon will be the first player to be booked for his first tackle on Sow!
Hibs to get a man sent off (Henderson)
Hearts will have more fouls against us, but we will have more bookings!

Matty_Jack04
01-02-2016, 06:02 AM

Wow

The boy djoum looks a player Id take him to cover for McGinn the rest I wouldn't look twice at, I'm actually looking forward to stokes v Augustyn the guys a bombscare

Pete
01-02-2016, 06:16 AM
Who cares what they say they know absolutely **** all about us apart from what they see on Sportscene. Ramblings include:

They're better because they are in the top flight.

They're better because they just are.

We're a wee team

The year ends in 6

5-1.

Blah blah.

Let them be over-confident as they receive a shock. The Fools have short memories and seem to have forgotten how the derbies panned out last season.

truehibernian
01-02-2016, 06:45 AM
Can I remind everyone that these are the 'world beaters' who could only draw with a Hamilton side who'd been taken for 8 goals off Celtic.

Hearts - very beatable, simple as that.

Waxy
01-02-2016, 08:51 AM
If we do go on to win the league cup we will move level with hearts on league cup wins at 4-4 (they won all 4 within a short spell during the ice age). We also have 4 league titles each. We also will always be the first Edinburgh club to win the Scottish cup which we won first in 1887 knocking out hearts 5-1 along the way.

Hermit Crab
01-02-2016, 09:16 AM

Wow

The ones in bold are very good players but I havn't seen much of the others, lets not kid ourselves here, We will not just turn up and get a result, we will be up against it and if they come out the traps like they did vs Aberdeen in the last round the we will struggle to contain them. If we meet the Hearts team that played vs Hamilton then we've got a chance.

Bill Milne
01-02-2016, 09:19 AM
The ones in bold are very good players but I havn't seen much of the others, lets not kid ourselves here, We will not just turn up and get a result, we will be up against it and if they come out the traps like they did vs Aberdeen in the last round the we will struggle to contain them. If we meet the Hearts team that played vs Hamilton then we've got a chance.

A disturbing outbreak of common sense there, Graham!!

Hermit Crab
01-02-2016, 09:20 AM
Who cares what they say they know absolutely **** all about us apart from what they see on Sportscene. Ramblings include:

We're a wee team

The year ends in 6

5-1.

Blah blah.

Let them be over-confident as they receive a shock. The Fools have short memories and seem to have forgotten how the derbies panned out last season.

Nielson was the game on Saturday watching us and you can be rest assured we will have been watched by reps of Hearts in every game since the draw was made, there will be somebody there watching us on Tuesday night too. Nielson isn't stupid and we have to be careful how we approach this match.

Hermit Crab
01-02-2016, 09:21 AM
A disturbing outbreak of common sense there, Graham!!

Yes it has been known to happen from time to time Billy :greengrin

Diclonius
01-02-2016, 11:47 AM
I don't see us winning this game. Hearts are the masters at kicking teams off the park and their entire club ethos is "beat Hibs at everything no matter the cost".

That said, I think it'll be a lot closer than they're making it out to be, and if we can take them back to ER I would consider us favourites.

Big_Franck
01-02-2016, 11:55 AM
Seen nothing from them to suggest we have anything to fear. They are a very average side doing reasonably well in a terrible league.

We really need to concentrate on tomorrow's game though, it's arguably more important to our season overall.

hibeesboii
01-02-2016, 11:57 AM
If the game finishes a draw and we have a replay at easter road anyone know when it will be played?

KazHibby
01-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Form book out the window, the team that wants it most and is prepared to work there @***s off will win!,

I think two big games running into this could be an advantage over, no playing for two weeks.

GGTTH

Sprouleflyer
01-02-2016, 12:13 PM
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself :greengrin

Hearts will come out of the traps against us like they did against Aberdeen. They play a pressing game on their small pitch and close down the midfield very quickly which causes opposition players to rush and miss place passes, which more often than not they pick up and break away. They are hugely effective at this.

I don't know how to counter this type of play, maybe playing the same tactics, but thats not our game.

One thing is for sure, they can run out of steam mid way through the 2nd half, so, if we are still in the game, maybe this is when we can take control and win the match?

Ozyhibby
01-02-2016, 12:30 PM
Looks like they are signing Don Cowie. Decent player.....in the 90's. [emoji3]

GreenCastle
01-02-2016, 12:32 PM

We're a wee team

The year ends in 6

5-1.

Blah blah.

Big team big league (aye the Scottish Premier League is really the big league)
1902 (we will win it one day...and will be the biggest party Edinburgh has ever seen!)
We only won 5-1 (you missed your best ever chance to make it 10)

I am actually more concerned about us beating Morton tomorrow night and keeping our league title hopes alive.

It's a derby and form goes out the window - we are massive underdogs and I expect Stubbs to have the players ready.

renato
01-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Neilson / Potter will have enough about them to know that if they simply turn up and play their game, with no allowance for how good our midfield and strike force are, they'll get a nasty shock. Unfortunately for us, they'll have done their homework and will try to nullify us, much like their approach to derbies last year.

Whilst I would expect Stubbs to impose our game on them, likewise we need to keep the intensity and pressure high off the ball, particularly in midfield, whilst needing our defence unit to be on top form.

No danger Neilson and Potter will be as naive as the fans for this one..

mutley
01-02-2016, 01:06 PM
I'm not looking at this as a "Derby" game, the way I see it, this is a SC game. Ok so we got drawn against a team in the division above- so what? We have already beaten 3 teams from there and Hearts is just another one. So apart from having to endure that crap-hole stadium for a second time, it's just another SC game that we need to win and move on the the next, concluding in another trip to Hampden.

3pm
01-02-2016, 01:19 PM

There are 2 teams on Sunday - it's not just about they clowns.

Andy74
01-02-2016, 01:24 PM
Did I hear that we've won as many games against Premiership teams this season as Dundee United have?

SeanWilson
01-02-2016, 01:24 PM
'Djoum, Sow, Nicholson, Pallardo, Augustyn, Paterson all a class above anything they have. If we play how we can and how we usually do at Tynecastle we should win comfortably'

What f'n planet are they on?:confused:

nellio
01-02-2016, 01:37 PM
Looks like they are signing Don Cowie. Decent player.....in the 90's. [emoji3]

Did well for Cardiff when he was there but we're talking 3/4 years ago now. Not done so well at Wigan by all accounts. Not got a lot of skill but works very hard. In truth should fit into their team pretty well.

bruno
01-02-2016, 01:43 PM

Djoum, Sow, Nicholson, Pallardo, Augustyn, Paterson

My take on the above
Djoum I believe is our best player and best signing, will be a good battle with him and McGinn but he has great strength and very quick feet
Sow has been one of our top players all season. Some games he is unplayable other games he looks a little dis interested. Malonga esque but on a good day I think he could run Hibs defence ragged
Nicholson, good strong winger but lacks a goal finish
Pallardo again very strong, very competitive defensive mid but has been inconsistent
Augustyn, not as good as Rossi but not a bombscare. Lves to play the ball out of defence or run with it which has caused a few heart flutters but good to watch
Paterson best player in the league in the air, good going forward but defensively still lacks positional sense and needs to calm down

I agree with Hermit if we play as we did against Aberdeen and Motherwell we will win, if not game is up for grabs. We can be a good side but we are still incosistent.

I think the game will be won or lost roundabout your full backs as we play a lot down the line and into the space between the centre halfs and full backs

Nicholson against Stevenson excites me as I am sure Cummings against Augustyn excites you

SeanWilson
01-02-2016, 01:55 PM

My take on the above
Djoum I believe is our best player and best signing, will be a good battle with him and McGinn but he has great strength and very quick feet
Sow has been one of our top players all season. Some games he is unplayable other games he looks a little dis interested. Malonga esque but on a good day I think he could run Hibs defence ragged
Pallardo again very strong, very competitive defensive mid but has been inconsistent
Augustyn, not as good as Rossi but not a bombscare. Lves to play the ball out of defence or run with it which has caused a few heart flutters but good to watch
Paterson best player in the league in the air, good going forward but defensively still lacks positional sense and needs to calm down

I agree with Hermit if we play as we did against Aberdeen and Motherwell we will win, if not game is up for grabs. We can be a good side but we are still incosistent.

I think the game will be won or lost roundabout your full backs as we play a lot down the line and into the space between the centre halfs and full backs

Nicholson against Stevenson excites me as I am sure Cummings against Augustyn excites you

I am perhaps being a little harsh, given I have watched you lot once this season (against Hamilton) and it was absolutely woeful. I'm sure you're a lot better than that. However, Nicholson against Stevenson doesn't worry me at all. I think our defence is being underestimated. I also think that while you probably have the bigger, stronger midfield; we have the more technically gifted and enough tenacity to deal with the obvious 'get in tae them' methods. Up front, I've no idea how good Sow is as he was useless against Hamilton, however bar Celtic, every team in the Scottish leagues would want a front pair of Stokes n' Cummings.

w pilton hibby
01-02-2016, 01:58 PM

My take on the above

According to the Record, Sow is in China

'Osman Sow is in China to sign for Henan Jianye. The striker is over there for a medical and is likely to join Ryan McGowan in the far east. The striker joined Hearts at the beginning of last season.

The fee is believed to be around £1.5m for the Swedish attacker who is out of contract with the club in June.'

southsider
01-02-2016, 02:08 PM
In my dreams it will be Alan (Guardiola) Stubbs v Craig (6-5-0) Levein. Starring John (iniesta) McGinn, Dylan(Xavi) McGeough, Liam (Cesc) Henderson and Fraser (Bussuets) Fyvie. Best midfield in Scotland.

Jdawg
01-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Couple of hears pals of mine have said Pallardo hasn't been great this year (partly due to injury/fitness). Wait till they play against Fyfie, McGinn, McGeough and Henderson all buzzing about that midfield.

Gomis gets about 10 free fouls before there is even a danger of getting booked, he can play however he wants.

bruno
01-02-2016, 02:23 PM
I am perhaps being a little harsh, given I have watched you lot once this season (against Hamilton) and it was absolutely woeful. I'm sure you're a lot better than that. However, Nicholson against Stevenson doesn't worry me at all. I think our defence is being underestimated. I also think that while you probably have the bigger, stronger midfield; we have the more technically gifted and enough tenacity to deal with the obvious 'get in tae them' methods. Up front, I've no idea how good Sow is as he was useless against Hamilton, however bar Celtic, every team in the Scottish leagues would want a front pair of Stokes n' Cummings.
Having watched Hibs once against Falkirk live I have to say I would say the same about MCGinn and several others
Realistically if they played at the top of their game every week players like Sow would be nowhere near the SPL
They don't that is why they are here
Or were here if Sows transfer is confirmed
One and a half million quoted is money we couldn't refuse with 6 months left of his contract
Will miss him on Sunday but too good money to turn down (if true)

Geo_1875
01-02-2016, 02:29 PM
Neilson / Potter will have enough about them to know that if they simply turn up and play their game, with no allowance for how good our midfield and strike force are, they'll get a nasty shock. Unfortunately for us, they'll have done their homework and will try to cripple us, much like their approach to derbies last year.

Whilst I would expect Stubbs to impose our game on them, likewise we need to keep the intensity and pressure high off the ball, particularly in midfield, whilst needing our defence unit to be on top form.

No danger Neilson and Potter will be as naive as the fans for this one..

I think you give them too much credit. They will have one game plan, kick anything that moves and fall over at every opportunity. It's worked for them for years. Why change now?

lucky
01-02-2016, 02:30 PM
We have nothing to fear. In all honesty I've not seen a team in Scotland that we could not beat this season. I hope we win but think we will draw and beat them in the reply at ER. They believe they are going to crush us and will attack, that will suit us and I think the space will be great for our forwards.

SeanWilson
Having watched Hibs once against Falkirk live I have to say I would say the same about MCGinn and several others
Realistically if they played at the top of their game every week players like Sow would be nowhere near the SPL
One and a half million quoted is money we couldn't refuse with 6 months left of his contract

McGinn is by no way the finished article but he will end up at an EPL club within the next two years. He is easily one of the best prospects in Scotland. Our main problem is as you say, consistency. Its been a while since I have seen a 'complete' performance from us (we should have put 3 or 4 past StJ).

In any case, I cannot F'n wait!! :thumbsup:

The_Horde

I think, what you're forgetting, is that largely the same defence and midfields squared up on several occasions last season and we're fairly even.

Sow done nothing in any of the derbies. Your other striker, Reilly, played a few times against us too and was bang average. Juanma is the only one I'm unsure about, but, having seen him a couple of times, seems nothing particularly special.

I think you lot are setting yourselves up for a great fall. A decent side, but not the world beaters you think you are.

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2016, 02:32 PM
Of course it's another hard game, and I'm not saying we'll go there and win, but I predict we'll be competitive and give the maroonics a real test in their own midden. They don't do humility, it's all bravado and arrogance with them, so I'd expect to see a thread like that on the Hunchback forum. For our part, let's be quietly determined and fully prepared, and, if we play near our best, they'll be in for a hard day. I'm actually thinking a replay.

SeanWilson
01-02-2016, 02:33 PM
We have nothing to fear. In all honesty I've not seen a team in Scotland that we could not beat this season. I hope we win but think we will draw and beat them in the reply at ER. They believe they are going to crush us and will attack, that will suit us and I think the space will be great for our forwards.

:agree: I fancy us against any team that wants to do anything other than sit back. Barring Ibrox in December, I've always thought we looked the better team against anyone who sets out to attack since AS came to the club.

Frazerbob
01-02-2016, 03:04 PM
Looks like Sow is away to China for £1m. Good news for Sunday.

Hermit Crab
01-02-2016, 03:05 PM
Looks like Sow is away to China for £1m. Good news for Sunday.

Gomis has allegedly signed for Motherwell. :confused:

Ryan91
01-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Gomis has allegedly signed for Motherwell. :confused:

Loan deal according to BBC

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 03:10 PM
If the game finishes a draw and we have a replay at easter road anyone know when it will be played?

It would be either 16th or 17th Feb.

--------
01-02-2016, 03:24 PM

I think you're right, Matty.

I'll probably get chewed, but Tuesday evening's the game we really MUST win. I so want to see us beat Hearts, but as you say, I think this'll be a game too far.

(And I really DON'T want a replay. We have enough on our plate as it stands.)

southsider
01-02-2016, 03:29 PM
I think you're right, Matty.

I'll probably get chewed, but Tuesday evening's the game we really MUST win. I so want to see us beat Hearts, but as you say, I think this'll be a game too far.

(And I really DON'T want a replay. We have enough on our plate as it stands.)
Far rather a replay than a defeat. Players prefer games to training.

Pete
01-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Nielson was the game on Saturday watching us and you can be rest assured we will have been watched by reps of Hearts in every game since the draw was made, there will be somebody there watching us on Tuesday night too. Nielson isn't stupid and we have to be careful how we approach this match.

I was meaning the fans and I'm sure that hearts themselves will give us the credit of having us watched.

Can you imagine Robbie Neilsen before the match: "right guys, I don't know who these players are but you can beat them because they're just a wee team, 1902 and 5-1. Out you go."

Seriously though, he might actually mention us being wee at set pieces and they could maybe do a bit of damage. They also have some wee men of their own who like to run at defenders.

It will be a tight game and any Hearts fan that thinks all they have to do is play well to win is in for a rude awakening.

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 03:52 PM
We will need to be really at it to get a result. I would bring in McGregor as we are susceptible to cross balls and Hearts are very good and dangerous at set pieces. Hanlon and Fontaine are decent but neither strong in the air whether that means 3 at the back or Fonts dropping out I dont know. They way they dominated Aberdeen will be how they are hoping to dominate us. We may need to be a bit more safety first early doors however cant change our style. Would take a draw and a replay right now however see a tight typical derby game decided by a mistake or ill discipline.

Jdawg
01-02-2016, 03:58 PM
We will need to be really at it to get a result. I would bring in McGregor as we are susceptible to cross balls and Hearts are very good and dangerous at set pieces. Hanlon and Fontaine are decent but neither strong in the air whether that means 3 at the back or Fonts dropping out I dont know. They way they dominated Aberdeen will be how they are hoping to dominate us. We may need to be a bit more safety first early doors however cant change our style. Would take a draw and a replay right now however see a tight typical derby game decided by a mistake or ill discipline.

They forget Aberdeen also pumped them, which was going on 5 or 6 before halftime. We played them the week after and didn't concede. We have lost 1 goal in 3 games against premiership teams, good form.

Sir David Gray
01-02-2016, 05:01 PM
They'll undoubtedly start as favourites and if they play to their potential, they may even win. But I think they're wrong to underestimate us.

I firmly believe that, if we play to our best, we'll be one of the toughest sides they've faced all season. We are very strong in midfield with McGinn, McGeouch, Henderson and Fyvie. Hanlon has been immense all season at the back and if Stokes can get himself fit then he's one of the best strikers in the whole of Scotland. Cummings also loves a goal against them.

This may well be a game too far for us after the euphoria of Saturday and the big match tomorrow night but predictions of 7-0 and 5-1 wins for them are well wide of the mark in my opinion. I would be shocked if they hammered us by that sort of scoreline.

3pm
01-02-2016, 05:07 PM
They'll undoubtedly start as favourites and if they play to their potential, they may even win. But I think they're wrong to underestimate us.

I firmly believe that, if we play to our best, we'll be one of the toughest sides they've faced all season. We are very strong in midfield with McGinn, McGeouch, Henderson and Fyvie. Hanlon has been immense all season at the back and if Stokes can get himself fit then he's one of the best strikers in the whole of Scotland. Cummings also loves a goal against them.

This may well be a game too far for us after the euphoria of Saturday and the big match tomorrow night but predictions of 7-0 and 5-1 wins for them are well wide of the mark in my opinion. I would be shocked if they hammered us by that sort of scoreline.

I am going to win.

SanFranHibs
02-02-2016, 02:05 AM
I think it fair to say i am not known for predicting outrageous fortune, good or bad, but i think if we have our full squad to choose from we are going to win quite comfortably. But......wait for it......is Stokes available? Too lazy to check.

I usually expect us to be the better team and draw. Just think we have a better squad overall and if we just take our chances i feel good about it.

:flag:

givescotlandfreedom
02-02-2016, 03:00 AM
I think we've given ourselves a good chance but it will be a tough game. We managed to best in firm Aberdeen who coasted to victory at Tynecastle a few days before their coming to ER so we're in with a shout though.

Golden Bear
02-02-2016, 11:01 AM
Michael O'Neill's take on things. He's obviously still a big fan.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/alan-stubbs-has-got-rid-of-the-fear-factor-at-hibs-1-4018175