PDA

View Full Version : Scottish referees

FromTheCapital
31-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Ah this old debate.

Now, obviously there are just some referees who are unbearable, cheating pricks but who would you class as a 'decent' Scottish referee. All of them have made mistakes and even most have had bad games when refereeing us but I have to say, I've always found it interesting to hear people's though on certain officials in our game.

I for one quite like Bobby Madden. He's made a few absurd decision, yes but he is not bias and normally, keeps a lid on the game by limiting bookings and letting the game flow. He's high up the pecking order for me when you compare him to the 'elite' referees in our league such as, Thomson and Collum (both of whom are completely incompetent and I would definitely not have anywhere near the top bracket of officiating in Scotland).

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
31-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Ah this old debate.

Now, obviously there are just some referees who are unbearable, cheating pricks but who would you class as a 'decent' Scottish referee. All of them have made mistakes and even most have had bad games when refereeing us but I have to say, I've always found it interesting to hear people's though on certain officials in our game.

I for one quite like Bobby Madden. He's made a few absurd decision, yes but he is not bias and normally, keeps a lid on the game by limiting bookings and letting the game flow. He's high up the pecking order for me when you compare him to the 'elite' referees in our league such as, Thomson and Collum (both of whom are completely incompetent and I would definitely not have anywhere near the top bracket of officiating in Scotland).

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've long thought that Bobby Madden is the best in Scotland :agree:

Bill Milne
01-02-2016, 09:16 AM
Perhaps an indication of how poor others (Thompson, Collum etc) are, but I agree that Madden is the best around just now. I hope we get him for the League Cup final!

Hermit Crab
01-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Perhaps an indication of how poor others (Thompson, Collum etc) are, but I agree that Madden is the best around just now. I hope we get him for the League Cup final!

Madden is the best in the business at the moment and I reckon if we were not in the semis then CT would not have been given the Celtic match and kept for the final, but because there was a chance of us getting there they had to give him the Celtic match, imagine the meltdown if he got the final involving us though......

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 09:40 AM
Madden is the best in the business at the moment and I reckon if we were not in the semis then CT would not have been given the Celtic match and kept for the final, but because there was a chance of us getting there they had to give him the Celtic match, imagine the meltdown if he got the final involving us though......

He still might. What I dont really get is Collum and Thompson continually making game changing wrong decisions and yet they still get the big games. Yesterday IMO the Celtic pen and the yellow for Johanssen were awful decisions.