Shrewsbury Town v Manchester United

Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool/West Hampstead United

Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

Arsenal v Hull City

Bournemouth v Everton

Ties to be played 19th - 22nd Feb

Bristolhibby
31-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Spurs v Palace, might pop along for that one. The brother-in-law is a Spurs season ticket holder and my lad has been desperate to get along to WHL.

J

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2016, 05:45 PM
Great occasion for Shrewsbury fans

jgl07
31-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Great occasion for Shrewsbury fans
As long as they don't fall asleep in the first half before the inevitable dodgy penalty winner for Rooney.

Alfred E Newman
31-01-2016, 05:54 PM
I can't understand the logic of having the draw live immediately after the completion of the last tie. Surely they could take a leaf out of the Scottish Leagues and make the draw at quarter past two on Monday afternoon. :greengrin

jgl07
31-01-2016, 05:57 PM
I can't understand the logic of having the draw live immediately after the completion of the last tie. Surely they could take a leaf out of the Scottish Leagues and make the draw at quarter past two on Monday afternoon. :greengrin
How else will the time-serving 'Blazers' be able to get there.

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2016, 05:59 PM

That's what the tradition is. They made a big deal a couple of seasons back when they moved it back to a Monday lunchtime.

Holmesdale Hibs
31-01-2016, 06:07 PM
Spurs v Palace, might pop along for that one. The brother-in-law is a Spurs season ticket holder and my lad has been desperate to get along to WHL.

J

Good place to watch football - decent team and a proper old ground with a good atmosphere (although they do sometimes mistake themselves for title contenders and moan when they lose to good mid-table teams). I'll be there but in the Palace end. So far we've had Southampton away and Stoke at home so was hoping for a non-premiership side.

Hope Palace can deal with a tough draw the same way Hibs have.

Famous Fiver
31-01-2016, 07:19 PM
Shrewsbury will probably want to give their ground a lick of paint before their illustrious visitors arrive.

Wonder if the know any painters?

Jonnyboy
31-01-2016, 07:22 PM
Shrewsbury will probably want to give their ground a lick of paint before their illustrious visitors arrive.

Wonder if the know any painters?

:greengrin

I've been to the Greenhous Meadow and it's a cracking wee ground :agree:

I have a soft spot for Shrewsbury as my Mother was born there. The thought of Black v Mata in midfield is scary :greengrin

jgl07
31-01-2016, 11:33 PM
:greengrin

I've been to the Greenhous Meadow and it's a cracking wee ground :agree:

I have a soft spot for Shrewsbury as my Mother was born there. The thought of Black v Mata in midfield is scary :greengrin
I liked the Gay Meadow. In particular there was a guy called Fred Davies who would row a coracle in the Severn to pick up balls that went over the stand into the river.

I was born within 20 miles of Shrewsbury. I do have a number of scars from Cup matches at Shrewsbury when supporting Manchester City.

They have a great record in the Cup at home.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-02-2016, 08:38 AM
What an arse Lawro is, someone should tell him he isn't funny and just get on with the draw.

Jonnyboy
01-02-2016, 09:27 AM
I liked the Gay Meadow. In particular there was a guy called Fred Davies who would row a coracle in the Severn to pick up balls that went over the stand into the river.

I was born within 20 miles of Shrewsbury. I do have a number of scars from Cup matches at Shrewsbury when supporting Manchester City.

They have a great record in the Cup at home.

I remember the coracle well. Was at Gay Meadow many years ago when the Shrews beat Chelsea 2-0 in the old Second Division! Chelsea fans arrived on a football special and the train stopped at the side of the stadium and their fans were frog marched down the embankment and into the stadium with police dogs much in evidence.

--------
01-02-2016, 11:11 AM
I remember the coracle well. Was at Gay Meadow many years ago when the Shrews beat Chelsea 2-0 in the old Second Division! Chelsea fans arrived on a football special and the train stopped at the side of the stadium and their fans were frog marched down the embankment and into the stadium with police dogs much in evidence.

Lot of police frogs in the River Severn, John?

Attack frogs or sniffer frogs? :wink: