PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Deadline Day

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hibeesmad
31-01-2016, 06:00 PM
So it's the Deadline Day tomorrow.. Are we possibly looking at one more in? Extra income after yesterday, the sale of Dom and a cup final ahead

O'Rourke3
31-01-2016, 06:07 PM
I'm trying to get a bet on County trying to buy Jason just to keep him out the team in March......

SMAXXA
31-01-2016, 06:38 PM
Will be the lowest key deadline day ever for us

hfc rd
31-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Will be the lowest key deadline day ever for us

Anything can happen on deadline day. You never know.

Then again, if it is a quiet one for us then I don't mind. Prefer getting our business done early which is what we've done rather than scrapping around on the last day.

Aldo
31-01-2016, 06:47 PM
Will be the lowest key deadline day ever for us Agreed. If there is any movement I would suggest it'll be youngsters out on loan.......
Unless there is another wabbit!!

HoboHarry
31-01-2016, 06:56 PM
Given the additional income the final will bring,I wouldn't be at all surprised to see one more signing. May not be a "rabbit" of course but not out of the question....

Greenworld
31-01-2016, 08:08 PM
Given the additional income the final will bring,I wouldn't be at all surprised to see one more signing. May not be a "rabbit" of course but not out of the question....
No the income will help kill some of our debt

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
31-01-2016, 08:12 PM

How much is the income from the final? Read lots of different amounts on here but an additional signing doesn't mean using all of the income......

CropleyWasGod
31-01-2016, 08:16 PM

The only debt we have is to the Holding company, which is being paid off in regular instalments. That will happen, almost irrespective of results.

It's common practice for clubs to budget being knocked out of cups early. That way, cup runs are a bonus.

In that light, the money generated from the LC will certainly be a bonus, and may be used for the playing budget.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 08:19 PM

There's no debt to kill.

That's the beauty of the deal that was struck last year. We have no bank debt or overdraft and pay off a £5M loan from the holding company at £500K a year for 10 years.

JJP
31-01-2016, 08:20 PM
I'm not fussed if we sign anyone really. More concerned about anymore players leaving.

mca
31-01-2016, 08:21 PM
So it's the Deadline Day tomorrow.. Are we possibly looking at one more in? Extra income after yesterday, the sale of Dom and a cup final ahead

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/boo%20hoo.gif
Don't Think we got much for Dom...

Greenworld
31-01-2016, 08:22 PM
There's no debt to kill.

That's the beauty of the deal that was struck last year. We have no bank debt or overdraft and pay off a £5M loan from the holding company at £500K a year for 10 years.
There is an ongoing cost of being in the championship so getting in this final is massive financially

SteveHFC
31-01-2016, 08:45 PM
So who's starting the gif thread tomorrow :hyper

HoboHarry
31-01-2016, 09:02 PM
The only debt we have is to the Holding company, which is being paid off in regular instalments. That will happen, almost irrespective of results.

It's common practice for clubs to budget being knocked out of cups early. That way, cup runs are a bonus.

In that light, the money generated from the LC will certainly be a bonus, and may be used for the playing budget.
Yes, that's what I meant. :greengrin

Jim44
01-02-2016, 08:35 AM
Not much excitement for us in the transfer window. We'll just have to content ourselves with watching the likes of Sevco panicking while they try last gasp efforts to to entice Saint Johnstone to part with their star player for a fraction of his price.

Ringothedog
01-02-2016, 08:49 AM
There is an ongoing cost of being in the championship so getting in this final is massive financially

Between Saturdays game, next Sunday and the Final we should make about 700k minimum. 200k for the manager the rest to the running of the club.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-02-2016, 09:31 AM
If the additional funds can help convince Cummings to sign a new contract that'll do for me.

CallumLaidlaw
01-02-2016, 09:37 AM
Celtic have been linked with Steven Fletcher throughout the transfer window, but the Scotland international is now being linked with a move that comes completely out of the blue.

Reports in France suggest that Marseille have agreed a deal to take Fletcher on loan for the rest of the season.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/record-sport-online-transfer-centre-7284250#RSYXTGsRheEuuRjg.99

Interesting...

Brightside
01-02-2016, 09:39 AM
Agreed. If there is any movement I would suggest it'll be youngsters out on loan.......
Unless there is another wabbit!!

I expect one more arrival.

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 09:41 AM
I expect one more arrival.

any clues? name or position?

SeanWilson
01-02-2016, 09:48 AM
Interesting...

He must pinch himself every day.... how on earth he has had the career he has is beyond me!

ekhibee
01-02-2016, 09:48 AM
I see Partick Thistle have signed a striker from Kerala Blasters, Antonio German, is that not the same club that we signed Dagnall from? At this rate Kerala Blasters aren't gonna have any strikers left!!

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 10:07 AM
He must pinch himself every day.... how on earth he has had the career he has is beyond me!

Very talented player but very injury prone.

offshorehibby
01-02-2016, 10:19 AM
The sun saying we've won the race to sign the young guy Josh Peters from Strathspey Thistle. Nominal fee, loaned back on a development loan which allows him to train and play for U20's and play for Strathspey.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-02-2016, 11:19 AM
The sun saying we've won the race to sign the young guy Josh Peters from Strathspey Thistle. Nominal fee, loaned back on a development loan which allows him to train and play for U20's and play for Strathspey.

Finally!!!! We have our rabbit! :not worth:not worth:not worth

:greengrin

GloryGlory
01-02-2016, 11:22 AM

Is anyone hiding out in the bushes at EM, to watch the comings and goings? :greengrin :greengrin

highland hibbee
01-02-2016, 11:30 AM

I live in Grantown and have seen this boy on a few occasions, don't particularly rate him, he's not even the best player in a pish team. The one we should be looking at is Paul Brindle at Brora, he's 22 but has it all. He's strong, great turn of pace scores from everywhere and is very confident. Same age as my younger son and I've watched him play since they played football together at secondary school. Get him down for a good look Stubbsy.

Wheat Hound
01-02-2016, 11:36 AM
Where's Pedantic? TDD not the same without snack lists and pics of Sky Sports lady presenters 😀

Jim44
01-02-2016, 12:04 PM

Finally!!!! We have our rabbit! :not worth:not worth:not worth

He doesn't qualify as a rabbit ........ More of a kitten ......and,yes, that's the correct term.:greengrin

Greenworld
01-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Is it to early to say looks like no bids for any Hibs players....thankfully

JJP
01-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Is it to early to say looks like no bids for any Hibs players....thankfully

St Johnstone may have money to spend if O'Halloran goes to Rangers. Not that we would sell to them anyway.

Greenworld
01-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Yes see rangers have made a third bid

CallumLaidlaw
01-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Yes see rangers have made a third bid

Looks like its been accepted and Rangers have moved their press conference back 3 hours too, so I'd say its a done deal. £500k apparently.

Greenworld
01-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Nice money for St Johnstone unless it's paid over many years [emoji1]

Brightside
01-02-2016, 12:16 PM
St Johnstone may have money to spend if O'Halloran goes to Rangers. Not that we would sell to them anyway.

Think they are getting Law in a swap deal.

Brightside
01-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Looks like its been accepted and Rangers have moved their press conference back 3 hours too, so I'd say its a done deal. £500k apparently.

No chance in hell that Rangers are paying 500k for him.

cabbageandribs1875
01-02-2016, 12:17 PM
i've just looked at the st.johnstone line-up on saturday to see if this super star was playing against us...turns out he was, must have been quite anonymous

CallumLaidlaw
01-02-2016, 12:20 PM
No chance in hell that Rangers are paying 500k for him.

well, it says "with conditions", so I'm presuming £50k if he scores 500 goals, £50k, when they win the champions league, etc, etc

CallumLaidlaw
01-02-2016, 12:21 PM
i've just looked at the st.johnstone line-up on saturday to see if this super star was playing against us...turns out he was, must have been quite anonymous

One journo on twitter just said he looked a class above on saturday. Clearly pandering to the Ibrox hoardes, as I dont remember him doing anything at all.

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2016, 12:21 PM
He was in David Grays pocket most of the afternoon

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The_Horde
01-02-2016, 12:22 PM
One journo on twitter just said he looked a class above on saturday. Clearly pandering to the Ibrox hoardes, as I dont remember him doing anything at all.

Thats hilarious, I don't remember him doing anything at all.

Ozyhibby
01-02-2016, 12:22 PM

Saints fans thought he had a bad game but I thought he was a bit of a handful for our defence. Strong and fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Horde
01-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Law is the better player, fair play to saints.

JJP
01-02-2016, 12:23 PM

A class above? A class above what!? I have thought he was a good player on numerous occasions but he posed no threat what so ever on Saturday.

SmashinGlass
01-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Thats hilarious, I don't remember him doing anything at all.

Sorry to state the obvious. That's because he didn't do anything. :agree:

Absolutely anonymous. In fact, I hope Tam McCourt checks the players' shorts before the kits get washed as I suspect he may still be in Hanlon or Fontaine's.

SaulGoodman
01-02-2016, 12:27 PM
Didn't even know he was playing on Sat. Only Saints player that caught my eye was that Davidson.

TheGreenMan
01-02-2016, 12:57 PM
He's ***** anyway. Only scored about 5 goals this season? Wouldnt get in our team. The day we fear The Huns signing someone from St Johnstone is the day we pack up go home and find another hobby. We sign Stokes, they sign O'Halloran I know who I'd rather have.

I hope they have shelled out £500k, when we beat them to the title and they get horsed in the playoffs, another year in this league and even more debt might just kill the *******s :aok:

We'll still win the league.

EDIT: 25 appearances / 4 goals :not worth. *****.
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=58154

cabbageandribs1875
01-02-2016, 01:06 PM

He was in David Grays pocket most of the afternoon

Saints fans thought he had a bad game but I thought he was a bit of a handful for our defence. Strong and fast.

i thought i had maybe missed him with all those damn pillars spoiling the view in the main stand

Geo_1875
01-02-2016, 01:11 PM
i thought i had maybe missed him with all those damn pillars spoiling the view in the main stand

Liam Craig caused us more bother than O'Halloran.

If The Rangers don't get promoted St Johnstone will probably owe them money.

Hibby Gav
01-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Didn't even know he was playing on Sat. Only Saints player that caught my eye was that Davidson.

and as one guy said on twitter he had to buy a ticket to get back in the ground after McGinn had turned him !

ggtth

Mr Grieves
01-02-2016, 01:20 PM
Man City have won transfer deadline day!

MB62
01-02-2016, 01:28 PM
Yams busy apparently. Must be getting in a panic about Sunday :greengrin

FranckSuzy
01-02-2016, 01:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/664819025432748034/lbohY9Of_bigger.jpg Doncaster Rovers FC Verified account ‏@drfc_official (https://twitter.com/drfc_official)

Rob Jones has left the club by mutual consent.The club would like to thank Rob for his time and commitment in his time here.More to follow....:hmmm:

Brightside
01-02-2016, 01:33 PM
Yams busy apparently. Must be getting in a panic about Sunday :greengrin

Don Cowie?

Jim44
01-02-2016, 01:36 PM

Nice money for St Johnstone unless it's paid over many years [emoji1]

Their first bid was £150k paid in instalments. :greengrin

SeanWilson
01-02-2016, 01:37 PM
Liam Craig caused us more bother than O'Halloran.

If The Rangers don't get promoted St Johnstone will probably owe them money.

Absolutely comical to see him come on, shoot wide from 100 yards out and then run straight to the ref greetin'.... did absolutely F all else but congratulate the hibs boys at the end... it was like dejavu :greengrin

Heisenberg
01-02-2016, 01:39 PM
Alan Stubbs today:

"I am not going to say we won’t do anything but I am not anticipating doing any business.

I am very content with my squad and I do not envisage doing anything but if something cropped up and we felt that it would be of real benefit to us then we would never say never.
There will be no players leaving the club either unless I get late phone calls. I certainly do not expect to see anybody go out or anybody coming in unless Wayne Rooney becomes available!
There has been no bids or contact from any clubs for any of my players and that would not be welcome.
That may change in the net few hours as you know what transfer deadline day is like."

Brightside
01-02-2016, 01:44 PM
Chris McGuire is available.

Ozyhibby
01-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Alan Stubbs today:

"I am not going to say we won’t do anything but I am not anticipating doing any business.

I am very content with my squad and I do not envisage doing anything but if something cropped up and we felt that it would be of real benefit to us then we would never say never.
There will be no players leaving the club either unless I get late phone calls. I certainly do not expect to see anybody go out or anybody coming in unless Wayne Rooney becomes available!
There has been no bids or contact from any clubs for any of my players and that would not be welcome.
That may change in the net few hours as you know what transfer deadline day is like."

Rooney ??? That would be a rabbit. [emoji23]

Engels74
01-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Taken from Wigan fans forum re Don Cowie....

"Complete and utter *****. A headless chicken who ran around aimlessly pretending to be busy but actually doing ****** all. It will clearly have cost the club money to get rid of this sad excuse of a footballer but money well spent given he would never have seen the beach again after his lacklustre efforts a few weeks back. Thank you messers Caldwell, Sharpe and Jackson."

Great endorsement 👍

cabbageandribs1875
01-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Alan Stubbs today:

he's maybe the rabbit ? we could play him just behind JC and Stokesy

Billy Whizz
01-02-2016, 01:57 PM
he's maybe the rabbit ? we could play him just behind JC and Stokesy

So who would you drop for him

Darren1875
01-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Osman Sow is in China to sign for Henan Jianye. The striker is over there for a medical and is likely to join Ryan McGowan in the far east. The striker joined Hearts at the beginning of last season.

The fee is believed to be around £1.5m for the Swedish attacker who is out of contract with the club in June.

1.5 million, you have got to be joking

Wembley67
01-02-2016, 01:59 PM
Osman Sow is in China to sign for Henan Jianye. The striker is over there for a medical and is likely to join Ryan McGowan in the far east. The striker joined Hearts at the beginning of last season.

The fee is believed to be around £1.5m for the Swedish attacker who is out of contract with the club in June.

Ramires from Chelsea just joined a chinese club for £20m, they have no idea about value!

JJP
01-02-2016, 02:01 PM
£1.5 million when they could have got him for free in the summer? Wow!

flash
01-02-2016, 02:02 PM
Great business for Hertz and weakens them for Sunday so everybody happy.

cabbageandribs1875
01-02-2016, 02:03 PM
So who would you drop for him

Dagnall Keatings and Rooners would play in rotation, he would just need to sit on the bench and wait his turn

S4uzee
01-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Unless they get better in............

cabbageandribs1875
01-02-2016, 02:05 PM

indeed, i hope they split the money between the 248 creditors they stuffed

GlasgowHibee
01-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Unless they get better in............

Surely not going to get anyone better in with only 5 hours to go?

Billy Whizz
01-02-2016, 02:06 PM
£1.5 million when they could have got him for free in the summer? Wow!

Maybe use the money to call their new Stand the Osman Sow stand

cabbageandribs1875
01-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Surely not going to get anyone better in with only 5 hours to go?

midnight

cabbageandribs1875
01-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Maybe use the money to call their new Stand the Osman Sow stand

a sow is a female pig, they could just name it the piggery stand...keep the same name basically

Geo_1875
01-02-2016, 02:10 PM

I don't think his absence weakens them at all.

flash
01-02-2016, 02:12 PM
I don't think his absence weakens them at all.

Every Jambo at my work does.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Fletch off to Marseille.

The_Horde
01-02-2016, 02:15 PM
Hearts to bid for Cummings?

BTW if there's any chinese scouts looking in, Farid El Alagui is a far better player and available for only £1m

Greenworld
01-02-2016, 02:17 PM
Cummings to China 5 million

Brightside
01-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Cummings to China 5 million

Can we stop just making stuff up.

lucky
01-02-2016, 02:19 PM
Some deal for the Yams, £1.5m and he only has 6 months left on his contract. FFS we'd get £10m for McGinn from the Chinese going on their Sow valuation

Billy Whizz
01-02-2016, 02:21 PM
Wonder if we'd entertain a bid for Bartley if someone came in for him. Not a 1st pick, and with Thomson now in, we have cover

JJP
01-02-2016, 02:33 PM
Don Cowie to Hearts is done.

Moulin Yarns
01-02-2016, 02:34 PM

Hmmm?

Hamilton Academical have released veteran striker Christian Nade. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35451839)

The_Horde
01-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Hmmm?

Signed for Dumbarton apparently

GlasgowHibee
Seriously though, if Sow is worth £1.5 million with 6 months left on his contract, how much is JC35 worth? Surely got to be at least £3 million, cause I'd say he's twice the player of Sow.

JimBHibees
well, it says "with conditions", so I'm presuming £50k if he scores 500 goals, £50k, when they win the champions league, etc, etc

:faf::faf: :not worth

Also an extra 50k when he wins the Ballon D'or. :greengrin

Aldo
01-02-2016, 02:39 PM
The yams don't have a replacement for Sow... Well at this moment in time from m staunch Jambo at work.

Good bit of business but they will struggle he reckons to create or score without Sow?

Brightside
01-02-2016, 02:40 PM
Don Cowie signs for hearts for 2 years. That's the £1.5m spent already. :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
01-02-2016, 02:42 PM
Seriously though, if Sow is worth £1.5 million with 6 months left on his contract, how much is JC35 worth? Surely got to be at least £3 million, cause I'd say he's twice the player of Sow.

I think we've got to take any prices paid by chinese clubs at the minute with a pinch of salt. The same team just paid £400k for Ryan Mcgowan who is also out of contract in a few months, and Chelsea just got £20m for Ramires, and the likes of Jelavic and Falcao are rumoured to be heading out there too.

Salt N Sauzee
Gomis joins Motherwell on Loan til the end of the season. Clear-out at Tincastle.

JJP
Gomis has left Hearts and joined Motherwell on loan.

Brightside
01-02-2016, 02:43 PM
I think we've got to take any prices paid by chinese clubs at the minute with a pinch of salt. The same team just paid £400k for Ryan Mcgowan who is also out of contract in a few months, and Chelsea just got £20m for Ramires, and the likes of Jelavic and Falcao are rumoured to be heading out there too.

it must be 1.5m Yen. which I think is about 32p.

southsider
01-02-2016, 02:43 PM
Is Rod now running Hertz ? £1.5 mil sale - Free transfer in.

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 02:44 PM
Would be amazed if they dont have another striker lined up especially after releasing King also. If they dont their fans will be revolting even more than normal.

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 02:45 PM
Gomis has left Hearts and joined Motherwell on loan.

Interesting I wonder which other player will be able to foul continually on Sunday without any punishment.

My_Wife_Camille
01-02-2016, 02:45 PM
Gomis has left Hearts too. Heard Paterson could be off to Fulham too.

Onceinawhile
01-02-2016, 02:48 PM
Interesting I wonder which other player will be able to foul continually on Sunday without any punishment.

Buaben and pallardo.

SeanWilson
01-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Buaben and pallardo.

that buaben is awful.

southsider
01-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Gomis has left Hearts too. Heard Paterson could be off to Fulham too.

That is great if true about Patterson. Told he is their best player.

Salt N Sauzee
01-02-2016, 02:51 PM

Huge talent. Won't be in Scotland for long.

Hibee87
01-02-2016, 02:52 PM
it must be 1.5m Yen. which I think is about 32p.

Actually the chinese yuan exchange rate is just shy of 160k.......which seems a more realistic figure. Wonder if someone has got there wires crossed :confused:

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 02:53 PM

Not a chance Paterson will be sold after selling Sow IMO.

southsider
01-02-2016, 02:57 PM

Money talks Jim.

Hibee87
01-02-2016, 02:58 PM

Maybe Queen B has had enough, or another business venture has gone sour and she wants her 'investment' plus interest back asap :greengrin

portyhibernian
01-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Just read on Twitter that JC is going to Bristol City?? Some guy named Jeff Stein saying this.

Geo_1875
01-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Huge talent. Won't be in Scotland for long.

Paterson? Callum Paterson? The guy with the bad tache and dodgy barnet? Have a word with yourself.

Heisenberg
01-02-2016, 03:02 PM
Just read on Twitter that JC is going to Bristol City?? Some guy named Jeff Stein saying this.

Jeff Stein ‏@JeffStein_DM (https://twitter.com/JeffStein_DM) 2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/JeffStein_DM/status/694140514032074752) #HibernianFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/HibernianFC?src=hash) striker Jason Cummings has been subject of many English sides but it seems #BristolCity (https://twitter.com/hashtag/BristolCity?src=hash) are the side that have won his services

We'd be mad to let him go now.

IanM
01-02-2016, 03:03 PM

#HibernianFC striker Jason Cummings has been subject of many English sides but it seems #BristolCity are the side that have won his services

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2016, 03:03 PM
Maybe Queen B has had enough, or another business venture has gone sour and she wants her 'investment' plus interest back asap :greengrin

At the moment, selling players is the only way that they can maintain the squad and fix the stand.

Steve20
01-02-2016, 03:04 PM
No way are we stupid enough to sell our top scorer when we're going for promotion.

Looks like more Twitter nonsense.

Geo_1875
Jeff Stein ‏@JeffStein_DM (https://twitter.com/JeffStein_DM) 2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/JeffStein_DM/status/694140514032074752) #HibernianFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/HibernianFC?src=hash) striker Jason Cummings has been subject of many English sides but it seems #BristolCity (https://twitter.com/hashtag/BristolCity?src=hash) are the side that have won his services

This would be a massive blow. Can't believe we'd let him go before the summer.

portyhibernian
#HibernianFC striker Jason Cummings has been subject of many English sides but it seems #BristolCity are the side that have won his services

That's the one, can't see anyone else saying this anywhere so I don't know where he's got it from. Probably a load of pish. Stubbs has said no offers would be welcomed and none have been received, so I know who I believe.

S4uzee
01-02-2016, 03:05 PM

I found it strange how he didn't tweet anything after Saturday as he usually does.

I'm probably reading too much into that but hope he stays

Paloschi

That twitter is a fake. We won't be selling JC today.

Geo_1875
At the moment, selling players is the only way that they can maintain the squad and fix the stand.

Fix the stand? I'll believe that when I see it.

Salt N Sauzee
01-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Paterson? Callum Paterson? The guy with the bad tache and dodgy barnet? Have a word with yourself.

Sorry mate, forgot that having a bad tache and shan hair cut made you a bad player :confused:

ElginHibbie
01-02-2016, 03:07 PM

I was speaking to a Hearts fan yesterday, he was saying that the finance for the new stand is already in place. I didn't think that was the case unless it was another loan from Budgie?

Anyway, I would think any money from Sow would go to getting Souttar and maybe the young Dundee striker they were sniffing around and the rest in the bank.

easty
01-02-2016, 03:08 PM

Dunno how true it is or not, but a couple of hours ago the same guy was saying Robinho to Sunderland. That seems unlikely, no?

SteveHFC
Sell Cummings now and i expect a backlash from the fans.

Hibee87

The boy has a rank hairdo, and the creepiest looking tache. However you cant deny he is a good player

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Missed it all. Who's left Hearts today?

--------
01-02-2016, 03:10 PM
Sorry mate, forgot that having a bad tache and shan hair cut made you a bad player :confused:

If a stupid coiffure and dodgy facial hair made guys bad footballers half the players in the EPL would be out of a job.

Some of them MUST be having a laugh - or on a bet? Surely?

Ryan91
01-02-2016, 03:10 PM
Missed it all. Who's left Hearts today?

Sow to China and Gomis to Motherwell on Loan

hibbypostie
01-02-2016, 03:11 PM

well lets not start the backlash on the ravings of an ex mirror journo

Geo_1875
01-02-2016, 03:11 PM

He's an average player with a bad tache and dodgy barnet. They might not be related.

He's a big strong laddie who gets away with murder most weeks. Doesn't know if he's a defender or a forward and gets caught in the middle.

Like Joe Tortolano without the finesse.

Paloschi
01-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Dunno how true it is or not, but a couple of hours ago the same guy was saying Robinho to Sunderland. That seems unlikely, no?

Don't worry its not a real journo. It's a fake account. Went on the Bristol City forum and they confirmed. Hibs wouldn't sell JC on deadline day, have faith.

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Sow to China and Gomis to Motherwell on Loan

Cheers :aok:

Greenworld
01-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Not seeing anything about sow on SSN is that confirmed elsewhere

Salt N Sauzee
01-02-2016, 03:18 PM
He's an average player with a bad tache and dodgy barnet. They might not be related.

He's a big strong laddie who gets away with murder most weeks. Doesn't know if he's a defender or a forward and gets caught in the middle.

Like Joe Tortolano without the finesse.

Do average players feature regularly for Scotland U-21's and get a call up to the senior squad at the age of 20?

To say he's an average player is a bit daft. It's okay to admit Hearts have a decent player in their ranks, it doesn't make you any less of a Hibs fan if that's what you're worried about :wink:

ElginHibbie
01-02-2016, 03:20 PM
Charles Paterson ‏@charlesp_sky (https://twitter.com/charlesp_sky) 52s52 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/charlesp_sky/status/694178305055023105)
Good news #Hibs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hibs?src=hash) fans: there'll be no move today for #Hibernian (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hibernian?src=hash) striker Jason Cummings, he's staying at Easter Road until at least the summer

And breathe

JJP
01-02-2016, 03:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1350262053/image_bigger.jpgCharles Paterson ‏@charlesp_sky (https://twitter.com/charlesp_sky) 55s56 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/charlesp_sky/status/694178305055023105)
Good news #Hibs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hibs?src=hash) fans: there'll be no move today for #Hibernian (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hibernian?src=hash) striker Jason Cummings, he's staying at Easter Road until at least the summer
1 retweet1 like

Retweet

Liked

More

HibsNutter
01-02-2016, 03:21 PM
Anyone see Stubbs asked about our key players potentially being sold on tele yesterday? Nobody important is going to be sold.

Kato
01-02-2016, 03:23 PM
I was speaking to a Hearts fan yesterday, he was saying that the finance for the new stand is already in place.

So from that I'm taking it as fact that there is zero money in place for their new stand.

Winston Ingram
01-02-2016, 03:23 PM
15:18
CUMMINGS 'STAYING PUT'

Sky sources understand Hibernian are likely to hang onto striker Jason Cummings until at least the summer.

The Scotland U21 international has caught the eye of several Championship clubs, as well as being on Bournemouth's radar, but no firm offers have been made.

Franck Stanton
01-02-2016, 03:35 PM
Not seeing anything about sow on SSN is that confirmed elsewhere

Cannae find anything either. Anyway, figure quoted £1.5 million naw, will more likely be 1.5 million yen =£160k [£1.5 million ? yer havin' a laugh]

graemegyle
01-02-2016, 03:37 PM
Arron Dunsmore of to Edinburgh City development loan until the end of season. Good experience for the laddie as they are top of the Lowland league.

magnificent_seven
01-02-2016, 03:39 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/1341166-st-johnstone-and-hibs-bid-to-sign-sheffield-utds-stefan-scougall/

STV reporting that we are in for Scougall along with St Johnstone.

Would be a cracking signing!

S4uzee
01-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Arron Dunsmore of to Edinburgh City development loan until the end of season. Good experience for the laddie as they are top of the Lowland league.
Hibs and St J in for Scougall according to STV

Heisenberg
01-02-2016, 03:40 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/1341166-st-johnstone-and-hibs-bid-to-sign-sheffield-utds-stefan-scougall/

Scouse Hibee
01-02-2016, 03:41 PM
So from that I'm taking it as fact that there is zero money in place for their new stand.

They've probably drawn up anothet list of folk to bump in order to finance it.

Geo_1875
01-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Do average players feature regularly for Scotland U-21's and get a call up to the senior squad at the age of 20?

To say he's an average player is a bit daft. It's okay to admit Hearts have a decent player in their ranks, it doesn't make you any less of a Hibs fan if that's what you're worried about :wink:

I've not been impressed with him. They have recently had a couple of players I'd have been happy to see play for Hibs. He's not one of them.

And yes, there have been some less than mediocre players called up for Scotland.

Golden Bear
01-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Cannae find anything either. Anyway, figure quoted £1.5 million naw, will more likely be 1.5 million yen =£160k [£1.5 million ? yer havin' a laugh]

Seen it on their transfer day blog. Also says it's for a seven figure sum which surely must be another classic example of yamamatics.

Franck Stanton
01-02-2016, 03:48 PM
Hibs and St J in for Scougall according to STV

Could be wrong here but I am sure I read somewhere that he is a Hibs supporter. Anyone know ?

Golden Bear
01-02-2016, 03:49 PM

It seems a very strange move to me. The standard of football in the Lowland league is let's say not particularly high.

Greencore
01-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Could be wrong here but I am sure I read somewhere that he is a Hibs supporter. Anyone know ?

Think he played for us and we let him go...

GreenArmy1875
01-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Scougal will follow his mate to Pompey if allowed to leave. Can't see him back at Hibs unfortunately, which is a shame cause he is a great talent

S4uzee
He's a Rangers fan and was released by Hibs when he was younger so I doubt it will happen IMO

CropleyWasGod
Seen it on their transfer day blog. Also says it's for a seven figure sum which surely must be another classic example of yamamatics.

10,000.00 is a 7-figure sum.

Greencore
01-02-2016, 03:51 PM
It seems a very strange move to me. The standard of football in the Lowland league is let's say not particularly high.

Don't really see a difference between Edinburgh city and Berwick Rangers. That being said Annan are doing well and they've only been in the Scottish leagues a few years.

Salt N Sauzee
01-02-2016, 03:51 PM
I've not been impressed with him. They have recently had a couple of players I'd have been happy to see play for Hibs. He's not one of them.

And yes, there have been some less than mediocre players called up for Scotland.

Opinions.

I would definitely take him. Think he's got all the attributes to become a top player.

Anyway, enough about that. We're gonna end up hi-jacking this thread!

Golden Bear
01-02-2016, 03:52 PM
10,000.00 is a 7-figure sum.

Absolutely correct. That must be the answer.

leithsansiro
01-02-2016, 03:53 PM
I see Partick Thistle have signed a striker from Kerala Blasters, Antonio German, is that not the same club that we signed Dagnall from? At this rate Kerala Blasters aren't gonna have any strikers left!!

There was a good article about Kerala Blasters in FourFourTwo last month. Much bigger club in terms of attendance than I realised

graemegyle
01-02-2016, 03:55 PM

It's better than you think,look at East Kilbride playing Celtic this weekend in the last 16 of the Scottish cup. The lad is only 18 and will be playing against some decent sides.

Franck Stanton
01-02-2016, 03:57 PM
He's a Rangers fan and was released by Hibs when he was younger so I doubt it will happen IMO

Ah - that must be why I recall his name, thanks for that.

[it's no easy getting auld - yer memory just isnae what it used to be]

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 04:09 PM

Bristol city forum seemed to indicate that was a fake account. Extract below.

Jeff Stein is a fake account.. http://www.harchester.net/characterProfiles/index.php?season=4&profile=31

Golden Bear
01-02-2016, 04:14 PM
It's better than you think,look at East Kilbride playing Celtic this weekend in the last 16 of the Scottish cup. The lad is only 18 and will be playing against some decent sides.

I've only seen two Lowland League fixtures this season so I'm happy to bow to your better judgement.

Yuillsy
01-02-2016, 04:20 PM
Scougal will follow his mate to Pompey if allowed to leave. Can't see him back at Hibs unfortunately, which is a shame cause he is a great talent

He's been up in Edinburgh since Friday. 1 of the young lads in my work is his best mate.

JJP
01-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Just watched AS Hibs TV interview. Says no one will be leaving today and he doesn't anticipate anyone coming in but said there is still a few hours to go so wait and see. Sounds like they might be working on something.

PatHead
01-02-2016, 04:28 PM
Hearts supporter in office says they are signing Zeefruk (?) who they had on loan last season.

Brightside
01-02-2016, 04:34 PM
Just watched AS Hibs TV interview. Says no one will be leaving today and he doesn't anticipate anyone coming in but said there is still a few hours to go so wait and see. Sounds like they might be working on something.

Well Aaron and Aaron have both left on loan today. :wink:

Hermit Crab
01-02-2016, 04:35 PM
Kris Boyd to hearts anyone? :confused: £75,000 plus Jordan McGee going the other way?

Winston Ingram
01-02-2016, 04:37 PM

Pete
01-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Kris Boyd to hearts anyone? :confused:

Just don't make him try and enter the ground via the turnstiles.

Steveey
01-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Ricardo Vaz Te has just been released from Charlton!

Anybody want him again? Hearts could be after him

Hibby Gav
01-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Hearts supporter in office says they are signing Zeefruk (?) who they had on loan last season.

Who Zeefruck is he?

badoom tst! :-)

ggtth

Scooter
01-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Michael Higdon has been released. Yes please!

Steveey
Higdons been released by sheffield united. I can see Hearts all over this one.

Could be worse

GreenArmy1875
He's been up in Edinburgh since Friday. 1 of the young lads in my work is his best mate.

Would be a good signing, hopefully you don't work in Greggs 😀

CallumLaidlaw
01-02-2016, 04:56 PM

Exactly the type of striker I expected us to bring in. That ship has definitely sailed now tho.

hibs0666
01-02-2016, 04:59 PM
Sounds like the yaks are in the same place as us when we sold O'Connor to Locomotiv. You don't go selling one of your more effective hammer throwers at the business end of the season if you were not skinto.

HibsNutter
01-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Rangers signed O'Halloran.

JJP
01-02-2016, 05:00 PM
O'Halloran to the Tribute Act confirmed.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Rangers signed O'Halloran.

St Johnston, the latest club to bend over for the mighty sevco

Saints fans won't be happy, they've had a rough couple of days

3pm
01-02-2016, 05:24 PM

He'll be on his way to the PBS.

Thecat23
01-02-2016, 05:26 PM
I'm hearing Hearts want Ciftci. No idea if this will happen but apparently asked about him this afternoon.

EH6 Hibby
01-02-2016, 05:27 PM

Do you work for Royal Mail?

CapitalGreen
01-02-2016, 05:29 PM
I'm hearing Hearts want Ciftci. No idea if this will happen but apparently asked about him this afternoon.

17:18

CIFTCI AGREES LOAN MOVE

Sky sources: Celtic striker Nadir Ciftci has agreed a loan move to Turkish Super Liga side Eskisehirspor until the end of the season.

Thecat23
01-02-2016, 05:30 PM
17:18

CIFTCI AGREES LOAN MOVE

Sky sources: Celtic striker Nadir Ciftci has agreed a loan move to Turkish Super Liga side Eskisehirspor until the end of the season.

😂 That'll be there move for him gone then.

silverhibee
01-02-2016, 05:31 PM

Thought he was on his way to Turkey.

Thecat23
If they don't get a striker in I don't think they will be happy.

Thecat23

Seems he is mate.

Brightside
01-02-2016, 05:32 PM

He's already signed for the Turkish club

Hermit Crab
01-02-2016, 05:33 PM

Kris Boyd to hearts? Posted this already. McGee to Killy. Paterson to Celtic? This has been rumoured for weeks now.

Thecat23
He's already signed for the Turkish club

Aye just seen that on here. I wonder if Hearts did try for him?

I'm_cabbaged
Anyone heard that ciftci is going to turkey? 😀

Brightside
01-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Aye just seen that on here. I wonder if Hearts did try for him?

Thought you were ITK!? :greengrin:greengrin:wink:

Thecat23
Kris Boyd to hearts? Posted this already. McGee to Killy. Paterson to Celtic? This has been rumoured for weeks now.

I'd love Boyd to go to Hearts HC. He's awful! I can't see Paterson going this window though.

Thecat23
Thought you were ITK!? :greengrin:greengrin:wink:

😂

Defo not me.

Brightside
01-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Cummings going to Turkey in the summer I'm told. Someone spotted him in Thomas Cook.

Smartie
01-02-2016, 05:37 PM
This could be quite funny.

Levein will be getting increasingly desperate as the evening goes on.

I can just see him frantically punching his 12 digits into the phone in his office, trying to find a sports club who will part with a lump of a shinty-player/ hammer thrower/ UFC competitor that he can get to lump balls at for the rest of this season.

Thecat23
01-02-2016, 05:38 PM
Cummings going to Turkey in the summer I'm told. Someone spotted him in Thomas Cook.

Is Thomas Cook the new Greggs?

Dashing Bob S
01-02-2016, 05:38 PM

Turkey 1, Turkey's 0.

Aldo
01-02-2016, 05:40 PM

I'll be happy. Can see Higdon moving there!

Yes please he's rank! As for Rolf jnr moving on. It's fair to say the yams would be up in arms chasing the money!! Would be funny tho!

CapitalGreen
01-02-2016, 05:42 PM

Can we stop just making stuff up.

:wink:

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2016, 05:43 PM
😂😂😂Had me for a min there

Thecat23
01-02-2016, 05:43 PM
This feels a strange day. For years we have panicked and brought in gash. This time it's been done the right way. Stokes though was a fantastic deal really was.

So for me I'm happy as we are, and no rushing to get someone for the sake of it.

Hibby Gav
01-02-2016, 05:45 PM
This feels a strange day. For years we have panicked and brought in gash. This time it's been done the right way. Stokes though was a fantastic deal really was.

So for me I'm happy as we are, and no rushing to get someone for the sake of it.

can't argue with any of this !
But I can add that it's far better this way, especially with a game tomorrow !

ggtth

TRC
01-02-2016, 05:46 PM
Anybody reading into Stubbs left field comment as a clue in his hibstv interview, or am I just playing Colombo because it's a quiet one at work?

ancient hibee
01-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Is Thomas Cook the new Greggs?

Do they deliver fish?

Hermit Crab
01-02-2016, 05:48 PM
I'll be happy. Can see Higdon moving there!

Yes please he's rank! As for Rolf jnr moving on. It's fair to say the yams would be up in arms chasing the money!! Would be funny tho!

Given thier finacial status a relatively low bid might secure patersons services this window. Not us though.

Thecat23
01-02-2016, 05:54 PM
What about Scougall? Anyone heard anything else about that deal?

Col2
01-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Has Sow transfer been confirmed?

hfc rd
01-02-2016, 05:56 PM

Only STV reporting on that. Ourselves & St J interested in him.

Deansy
01-02-2016, 06:02 PM

If that info's from Hearts bet it's the same guy that gives out their attendances !!

portycabbage
01-02-2016, 06:02 PM

I heard this rumour last week from a journalistic source, but they weren't sure they could "stand it up" so it didn't go in the paper.

JJP
01-02-2016, 06:05 PM
Daily Record reporting that Ross County are after David Goodwillie on loan. Wonder if he is cup tied? Maybe Hearts are trying to replace Sow with Liam Boyce?

bingo70
01-02-2016, 06:06 PM
Anybody reading into Stubbs left field comment as a clue in his hibstv interview, or am I just playing Colombo because it's a quiet one at work?

What did he say?

TRC
01-02-2016, 06:08 PM
What did he say?

Just that if something comes out of left field then we'd look at it. Just got me thinking we need more cover on the left 2+2=5 most probably

Hermit Crab
01-02-2016, 06:09 PM
Daily Record reporting that Ross County are after David Goodwillie on loan. Wonder if he is cup tied? Maybe Hearts are trying to replace Sow with Liam Boyce?

Both Are cup tied are they not? Maybe not Boyce actually he's been out injured with a broken hand.

brog
What did he say?

Basically didn't expect any more activity but never say never if something came up unexpectedly.:flag:

Diclonius

Played against us in the League Cup for Aberdeen.

Hermit Crab
Paterson to either Derby or Birmingham now is a new rumour emerging.

hfc rd
01-02-2016, 06:16 PM

PBS exit door seems to be very busy tonight. Yams must be seething if they don't bring a striker in

Pete
01-02-2016, 06:18 PM
Straight into Budge's purse.

Diclonius
01-02-2016, 06:24 PM

Good. Get 'em all out before they play us.

Hermit Crab
01-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Good. Get 'em all out before they play us.

And if we still don't win what excuse do we have left?

Hermit Crab
01-02-2016, 06:27 PM
PBS exit door seems to be very busy tonight. Yams must be seething if they don't bring a striker in

I think they're signing Boyd.

CallumLaidlaw
01-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Journo for west Lothian courier - It's my understanding that Livingston have approached Rangers regarding a loan deal for striker Nicky Clark.

Dashing Bob S
01-02-2016, 06:29 PM

Kris Boyd's unerring ability to get a wage out of mugs over the last three years is actually one of the most uplifting stories of Scottish football.

Deansy
01-02-2016, 06:30 PM

Probably just saving up for big signings in the summer to ensure winning the champions league ..................

ancient hibee
01-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Kris Boyd's unerring ability to get a wage out of mugs over the last three years is actually one of the most uplifting stories of Scottish football.

I think he's been keeping the money in a money belt.

Radium
01-02-2016, 06:31 PM
BBC reporting Ciftci on loan to turkish team

matty_f
01-02-2016, 06:33 PM

I did not see that one coming.

Hermit Crab
01-02-2016, 06:34 PM

That's been confirmed I think. Really just proves that Celtic sign players because they're a threat to them and/or for the sake of it....... They then complain about the lack of competition in the league.

01-02-2016, 06:35 PM

God I hope so!

Smartie

As long as he doesn't go on loan to the turdish team I'm happy.

HUTCHYHIBBY

Mr R, are you not capable of seeing the cheery side of anything?

Hibee87
01-02-2016, 06:36 PM

So you would rather a strong hearts team so you have the comfort of an excuse if we don't win?. Very strange thought process.

Brightside
:wink:

I will demand an apology when he puts up pics of him in his speedos on Bodrum Beach! :greengrin

Exactly.

Aldo
01-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Losing Sow and Paterson would be a blow. Cashing in now before they get found out??

Bringing in Boyd who is as mobile as a bollard or Higdon wouldn't bother me in slightest. Has beens IMHO.

TBH I don't think they will sign anyone of note... Maybe John Daly has been signed to play!

Pete

Que?

Goodwillie on loan to Ross County would be a decent signing for them IMO. Thankfully he wouldn't be able to play in the final though as hes cup tied

Diclonius
01-02-2016, 06:38 PM

They are still have a strong team. This will make it easier.

high bee
01-02-2016, 06:39 PM
Anyone think we could get Rob Jones as cover for the rest of the season?

Aldo
01-02-2016, 06:40 PM
They are still have a strong team. This will make it easier.

Potentially stronger... Yes.... Better..... No

Brightside
01-02-2016, 06:40 PM

To cover who? We have 4 CHs....

Aldo
01-02-2016, 06:41 PM

Not required and waste of a wage. Past it IMHO

bigwheel
01-02-2016, 06:41 PM
To cover who? We have 4 CHs....

I'm guessing Tam McCourt

hfc rd
01-02-2016, 06:42 PM

I'm sure that just leaves them with Carlton Cole & Leigh Griffiths as their only recognised strikers? Unless they are going to be bringing someone in

bingo70
01-02-2016, 06:42 PM
Losing Sow and Paterson would be a blow. Cashing in now before they get found out??

Bringing in Boyd who is as mobile as a bollard or Higdon wouldn't bother me in slightest. Has beens IMHO.

TBH I don't think they will sign anyone of note... Maybe John Daly has been signed to play!

Jordan McGhee could be off to boro as well, not sure if he'd be a big loss for them or not?

Aldo
01-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Jordan McGhee could be off to boro as well, not sure if he'd be a big loss for them or not?

Gives them less options Bingo.

They will sell and bring in dross it has beens.

Hopefully Rolf jnr goes as well.

3pm
01-02-2016, 06:46 PM
I'm sure that just leaves them with Carlton Cole & Leigh Griffiths as their only recognised strikers? Unless they are going to be bringing someone in

Kazim-Richards.

Aldo
01-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Kazim-Richards.

His name was mentioned in the press at the end of last week.

Suspended by Feynoord following some bother with a journalist m!

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-02-2016, 06:51 PM

They've signed a laddie on loan from Man C.

Col2
01-02-2016, 06:52 PM
Potter determined to replace young talent with older players he used to manage. How does 32 years old Cowie get a 2.5 year deal? One of Potter's loyal Scotland players when everyone else around him lost any confidence in the no medals fud?

Dunbar Hibee
01-02-2016, 06:53 PM

He's a midfielder

iwasthere1972
01-02-2016, 06:54 PM
All those players being transferred today. Be lucky if I've heard of 5% of them.

hfc rd
01-02-2016, 06:55 PM

He's a winger. Patrick Roberts