31-01-2016, 04:13 PM
I'll take that.

JennaFletcher
31-01-2016, 04:14 PM
I'll take that.

Come on Hibs lets do this! 💚

hibby6270
31-01-2016, 04:16 PM
Next round of the League Cup - when's the draw?
:thumbsup::wink::wink:

Deansy
31-01-2016, 04:23 PM
I just hope our players watched the after-match interviews as the Ross County players gave a strong impression that they think they've won it already - nothing specifically said but just smug wee smiles when asked about their thoughts on playing us in the final. Would suit us if they think beating Septic means the cup is theirs !!

lucky
31-01-2016, 04:25 PM
Big week in March as we play Rangers at ER on the 05/03/16

hibee_girl
31-01-2016, 04:27 PM

That game might be moved if ourselves or Rangers progress to the next round of the Scottish Cup

Greencore
Hibs, hibs, hibs for the cup 💚💚💚💚💚🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🍀🍀

Pete
County are a great wee club and if there's one team I want to see win a major trophy apart from ourselves it's them.

A great day out, a boost for the coffers and I'm sure the winners will deserve it. :thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2016, 04:28 PM
Very happy. We have an excellent chance. It won't be easy, but it's the best type of opposition we could hope for in a major final.

Lancs Harp
31-01-2016, 04:31 PM

I would expect the Rangers game to be shifted. Its cup quarter final weekend, we of course will dispose of Hearts to take our place in the last 8 and I honestly cant see Dumbarton dumping Rangers out.

iwasthere1972
31-01-2016, 04:33 PM
When was the last time we did the cup double? :greengrin

Islington Hibs
31-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Very happy. We have an excellent chance. It won't be easy, but it's the best type of opposition we could hope for in a major final.

Agree- But we must keep our feet on the ground. Ross are 4th in the SPL and let them believe they are favorites- which they are.

We have done brilliantly. Yesterday's performance was superb. We have also beaten Aberdeen and Dundee Utd so have got to the final the hard way. However just because we have many more supporters than them does not mean we will win.

Play like yesterday and I think we will win, go in with a positive, confident frame of mind but we must not be cocky. This will not be an easy game.

HibsNutter
31-01-2016, 04:40 PM
They done well to see that out today, but let's be serious. Celtic would have walked it if not for Ambrose's moment of madness. I'm feeling very confident about the final, what a great chance.

rcarter1
31-01-2016, 04:41 PM
I just hope our players watched the after-match interviews as the Ross County players gave a strong impression that they think they've won it already - nothing specifically said but just smug wee smiles when asked about their thoughts on playing us in the final. Would suit us if they think beating Septic means the cup is theirs !!

We'd put out Huns and Celtic prior to Livi final. If it makes them think they are entitled, great. Doubt it though, they know we are strong side having beaten 3 SPL sides already. Really looking forward to this. Sick of getting hammered by Celtic in national finals.

31-01-2016, 04:42 PM
Absolutely delighted we have avoided playing celtic but Ross County are no mugs, the final will be a very tough game and everyone will have to put in a top performance if we are going to win this cup. We have a big chance though! Lets just learn lessons from the past (Livingston final being the one that most springs to mind!) and not think for one minute that this will be easy.

Massive boost for us that Hendo and Stokes are available to play!

31-01-2016, 04:45 PM

I personally would be delighted if their players think the cup final is a done deal and all they have to do is show up on the day. Look at us in the livingston cup final and look at hearts a few years ago against st mirren. Both thought the final was going to be easy, both expected to just turn up and win no problem and the end result was that we were both beat.

pontius pilate
31-01-2016, 04:45 PM
I reckon we stand a tremendous chance of bringing home some silverware. I'm hope full out main players can stay injury free from now until then. We have son many important games in the horizon starting with Tuesday against Morton. But with a full strength team we will win that cup and brin it back to E.R

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Agree- But we must keep our feet on the ground. Ross are 4th in the SPL and let them believe they are favorites- which they are.

We have done brilliantly. Yesterday's performance was superb. We have also beaten Aberdeen and Dundee Utd so have got to the final the hard way. However just because we have many more supporters than them does not mean we will win.

Play like yesterday and I think we will win, go in with a positive, confident frame of mind but we must not be cocky. This will not be an easy game.

Yes, County have proved they're a decent side, and we will need to play very well on the day. Also, you just never know what may happen: the early red card today changed everything. Focus and courage to play required, just like yesterday.

Jonnyboy
31-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Anyone know if any of the 5 County players booked today will miss the final? Can't remember what round they joined the draw in

BoomtownHibees
31-01-2016, 04:57 PM
I honestly cant see Dumbarton dumping Rangers out.

Neither can I but Kilmarnock might

ekhibee
31-01-2016, 04:57 PM
We'd put out Huns and Celtic prior to Livi final. If it makes them think they are entitled, great. Doubt it though, they know we are strong side having beaten 3 SPL sides already. Really looking forward to this. Sick of getting hammered by Celtic in national finals.
Yep, and we also beat RC in one of the cups last season too.

lyonhibs
31-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Going to have my Sunday roast then get flights booked. Would have flown across regardless of who we faced, but now that the chance of getting a ticket have increased everything is just peachy

Dashing Bob S
31-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Will be a tough one. We need to remember that Ross County are a division above us. We played Livingston, who were a stronger team than our young side, but our big club arrogance gave us a sense of entitlement that we just needed to show up.

We've beaten three SPL sides already, but this will be the biggest test of all.

I have faith in Stubbsy.

Franck Stanton
31-01-2016, 05:23 PM
Absolutely delighted we have avoided playing celtic but Ross County are no mugs, the final will be a very tough game and everyone will have to put in a top performance if we are going to win this cup. We have a big chance though! Lets just learn lessons from the past (Livingston final being the one that most springs to mind!) and not think for one minute that this will be easy.

Massive boost for us that Hendo and Stokes are available to play!

Watched the game today with a sellic supporting mate, prior to the game I told him I wanted Ross County to win. His reply, as expected, was that was because we have more chance of beating them than us [sellic]. Whilst that is true to a certain extent I replied , HONESTLY, that I would feel really sorry for Hendereson, if he couldn't play in a major cup final due to a technicality. Yes I know Stokesy is in the same boat, but he has been in and won major finals before whilst, Henderson, [ who has done so much to get us there], it is his first chance of cup final action. Not for one minute saying it will be easy, however, am quietly confident. C'mon the Hibs.

JimBHibees
31-01-2016, 05:29 PM
Anyone know if any of the 5 County players booked today will miss the final? Can't remember what round they joined the draw in

None they came in Round 2 which means 3 bookings required. Thought Woods was out but IMO not the case.

Jonnyboy
31-01-2016, 05:30 PM
None they came in Round 2 which means 3 bookings required. Thought Woods was out but IMO not the case.

👍

emerald green
31-01-2016, 05:38 PM
If Hibs were to win the League Cup as a Championship club, would they be the first club from outwith the top division to have done so?

I know East Fife won the League Cup 3 times after the war but I think they done so as a Division 1 club.

Onion
31-01-2016, 05:42 PM
Will be a tough one. We need to remember that Ross County are a division above us. We played Livingston, who were a stronger team than our young side, but our big club arrogance gave us a sense of entitlement that we just needed to show up.

We've beaten three SPL sides already, but this will be the biggest test of all.

I have faith in Stubbsy.

This.

To be honest, I thought St J would be too strong for us and Stubbs/Hibs proved me wrong by turning in a brilliant performance. It was the kind of occasion lots of previous Hibs teams would have almost certainly bottled. That as much as anything gives me hope for the Final. In Stubbs we Trust.

Alfred E Newman
31-01-2016, 06:01 PM
If Hibs were to win the League Cup as a Championship club, would they be the first club from outwith the top division to have done so?

I know East Fife won the League Cup 3 times after the war but I think they done so as a Division 1 club.

Raith Rovers

NAE NOOKIE
31-01-2016, 06:11 PM
I thought County did a good job of nullifying Celtic's goal threat after the sending off and their commitment was clear to see. It was only some poor decisions in the final 3rd that stopped them scoring more, they clearly carry a threat up front.

Obviously our chances of winning the cup are better than if we had to face Celtic and I'm sure County would have thought the same if they had been the ones watching us beat them today. Its gonna be a tough match but one things for sure, Premiership opposition holds no fear for us. I'm delighted for Liam Henderson too, it would have been a real shame if his considerable contribution to our cup run hadn't been rewarded.

As somebody said elsewhere we don't need any uberfan threads on this one, these games are made for folk to bring kids and casual supporters along to a fun day out with no chance of bother on either side win or lose. I just hope the day trippers remember that its ok to make a noise, unlike the Livvi final where a crowd made up of Trappist monks would have made more of a din :greengrin

WeeRussell
31-01-2016, 06:20 PM

No they're not*

Agree generally with what you're saying though :aok:

*source www.bet365.com

Speedy
31-01-2016, 08:48 PM

Monday at 2pm

fulshie
31-01-2016, 09:05 PM
We're all happy Ross County beat Celtic this afternoon but, on a more thoughtful reflection am not so sure we've got the easier opposition. The way I see it is, I,m looking at the RC management team of Jim MacIntyre and Billy Dodds and thinking, you know what they've got a great team spirit going on up there in Dingwall. Then I look at Ronnie Delia and John Collins and thinking, you know what there's definitely a problem in that dressing room. I just cant help thinking that a one off game against Celtic would suit us rather than a one off game againsr Ross County. Having said that its nice to see Liam Henderson and Anthony Stokes being able to play. And I also have to admit I was wanting Ross County to win as this is an after match reflection. Hindsight eh!

iwasthere1972
31-01-2016, 09:09 PM
We're all happy Ross County beat Celtic this afternoon but, on a more thoughtful reflection am not so sure we've got the easier opposition. The way I see it is, I,m looking at the RC management team of Jim MacIntyre and Billy Dodds and thinking, you know what they've got a great team spirit going on up there in Dingwall. Then I look at Ronnie Delia and John Collins and thinking, you know what there's definitely a problem in that dressing room. I just cant help thinking that a one off game against Celtic would suit us rather than a one off game againsr Ross County. Having said that its nice to see Liam Henderson and Anthony Stokes being able to play. And I also have to admit I was wanting Ross County to win as this is an after match reflection. Hindsight eh!

Henderson and Stokes able to be selected, 30,000 Hibs supporters there to get right behind the team and no smelly weegies (apologies in advance to any Hibs supporters who live in Glasgow :wink: ) to put up with.

Ross County for me. No brainer.

MWHIBBIES
31-01-2016, 09:12 PM
County weren't great today and would have got hammered if Celtic had 11.

seven nowt
31-01-2016, 09:12 PM

Aye the guy that made that thread probably wanted to see what bellsniffs would bite haha

Dashing Bob S
31-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Henderson and Stokes able to be selected, 30,000 Hibs supporters there to get right behind the team and no smelly weegies (apologies in advance to any Hibs supporters who live in Glasgow :wink: ) to put up with.

Ross County for me. No brainer.

Yep. It'll be a very tough game, but anybody who thinks Celtic, without us having Henderson and Stokes, would be easier opposition in a Hampden final than Ross County, is clearly not thinking straight.

Golden Bear
31-01-2016, 09:17 PM
As a player, Jim Mcintyre was a thorn in our flesh on far too many occasions so beating his team in a cup final would go some way to even things up.

HibernianJK
31-01-2016, 09:18 PM
Has the game been confirmed as 3pm on March 13th?

fulshie
31-01-2016, 09:18 PM

Ross County for me. No brainer.I take your points. I just think there's something about Celtic we could have a go at. And if I had to pick from those two teams who I'd rather beat it would be them. However its Ross County and that will be that.

CalgaryHibs
31-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Hibs, hibs, hibs for the cup 💚💚💚💚💚🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🍀🍀
Agree
But we have trouble with dinky tens n the past hope I'm wrong

B.H.F.C
31-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Yep. It'll be a very tough game, but anybody who thinks Celtic, without us having Henderson and Stokes, would be easier opposition in a Hampden final than Ross County, is clearly not thinking straight.

Absolutely this. What a chance to get some silverware this is.

Billy Whizz
31-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Absolutely this. What a chance to get some silverware this is.

And get us a new generation of fans. Big one this for Hibs, far bigger than the derby

B.H.F.C
31-01-2016, 10:11 PM
And get us a new generation of fans. Big one this for Hibs, far bigger than the derby

And hopefully gets lapsed fans back regularly. Exciting time to be a Hibby with every game being a big game.

ALF TUPPER
31-01-2016, 10:24 PM
Anyone know if any County players are suspended on disciplinary points ?

seanshow
31-01-2016, 10:27 PM
Anyone know if any County players are suspended on disciplinary points ?

None ,

Woods got two bookings 1 v Inverness, 1 v Celtic...you need three to be suspended for a game.

Onion
01-02-2016, 05:44 AM

Very happy to have RC for good and very obvious reasons. Celtic rarely fail to turn up for Finals. On their game, they're capable of putting 5 or 6 past any team in Scotland. Hibs record against Celtic in finals is awful. We'd instantly lose 2 of our best players, one of them being a £3M rated goal machine.

We could quite easily lose to Ross County who are a decent team. But anyone that worried about meeting Ross County in a national cup final should probably take up some other interest :greengrin

Johnny_Leith
01-02-2016, 05:54 AM
Much rather it was County as our chances of winning be cup is obviously much better. Having Henderson and Stokes available is a massive boost.

County are a good team and fair play to Jim McIntrye he has turned them around massively, but I fancy us to beat them based on our performances v premiership teams so far this season.

California-Hibs
01-02-2016, 05:55 AM
County weren't great today and would have got hammered if Celtic had 11.

This is it for me too. County didn't look great at all and no chance would they have won vrs 11. We keep the head and do nothing silly, and with the likes of McGeough, Henderson, McGinn, Stokes Cummings, oh heck I could name the whole team! - We'll win the cup.

Green Fish
01-02-2016, 08:33 AM
Tbf to RC they did very well yesterday but only a few weeks ago they were lucky to get a replay at East End Park v pars, who should have won , they scraped through.
Play like we have shown and I'm confident we'll come out on top.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Jones28
01-02-2016, 08:51 AM
I'm very confident about it, 3/4-0 Hibs

--------
01-02-2016, 10:53 AM

Wouldn't think so. This will be a tough game.

lyonhibs
01-02-2016, 11:49 AM

Out of interest, how long have you been a Hibs fan? Specifically, how many Hibs finals at Hampden have you attended?

Alternatively, kindly send me the contact details of your dealer :greengrin

Jones28
01-02-2016, 11:53 AM
Out of interest, how long have you been a Hibs fan? Specifically, how many Hibs finals at Hampden have you attended?

Alternatively, kindly send me the contact details of your dealer :greengrin

:greengrin