PDA

View Full Version : Loan Player Playing against Parent Club

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Is there a rule that prevents this happening in the League cup or is it just naturally assumed that no club would be daft enough to allow the opposition to be at full strength with a player loaned from them?

Oscar T Grouch
31-01-2016, 02:18 PM
I think it's just a clause written into most loan deals. There is a conflict of interests so it maybe covered by a rule too but I've not heard of one.

hibby6270
31-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Is there a rule that prevents this happening in the League cup or is it just naturally assumed that no club would be daft enough to allow the opposition to be at full strength with a player loaned from them?

Don't think there's a one rule fits all. It will be down to what's written in the loan agreement - no?:confused:

Majority of the time it does seem to work against the team the player is on loan to. That would mean Henderson and Stokes unavailable for final - if it's Celtic.

Would be good if the club can confirm after today's game, so we all know.

ChrissyG1875
31-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Definitely not a rule, I remember Callum Booth playing against us for Raith Rovers because we hadn't put a clause in the contract. iirc he played really well and we got beat

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2016, 02:24 PM
So the details of the loan agreement are not actually known to us yet? Pretty much guarantee they won't be allowed to play but you never know, maybe overlooked by Celtic due to us being in the Championship :-)

MWHIBBIES
31-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Courtois played against Chelsea in the champions league. Story goes there was a clause that Atletico would have to pay Chelsea 4m per game but Uefa just laughed at that clause and said he can play for free.

I'm fairly sure the rule that they cannot play is in the league only, cups would have to be a clause in the loan deal.

Billy Whizz
31-01-2016, 02:30 PM
So the details of the loan agreement are not actually known to us yet? Pretty much guarantee they won't be allowed to play but you never know, maybe overlooked by Celtic due to us being in the Championship :-)

Could be difficult for the players though. If Henderson was to score against Celtic in the final, if they get through, and celebrated. Might be difficult for him if he goes back there next season

hibby6270
31-01-2016, 02:32 PM

That is defo a rule that has benefitted us. Because we're in Championship, we can have 2 loan players from the same club. If we're in Premiership, Stokes wouldn't be on loan.

Big_Franck
31-01-2016, 02:32 PM
So the details of the loan agreement are not actually known to us yet? Pretty much guarantee they won't be allowed to play but you never know.............

I also remember Booth playing against us in the Scottish so unless there has been a recent change there is no rule against it. With the Stokes deal seeming to drag on and on I had thought that the inclusion of such a clause (and arguing against it) might have been the reason for the delay. Or at least I hope it was and that celtic eventually caved in :greengrin

Suppose we'll find out one way or another soon enough.

JimBHibees
31-01-2016, 02:33 PM
Could be difficult for the players though. If Henderson was to score against Celtic in the final, if they get through, and celebrated. Might be difficult for him if he goes back there next season

Agree though I could settle with him scoring then walking away in a non-celebratory sort of way. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2016, 02:33 PM

Yep if that happened Celtic would just have to release him to us on a free:-)

Ozyhibby
31-01-2016, 02:34 PM
Stubbs confirmed yesterday that neither would play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2016, 02:35 PM
Stubbs confirmed yesterday that neither would play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When was this, aftermatch interview?

hibby6270
31-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Not an issue now - is it ?

Famous Fiver
31-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Henderson and Stokes now available for the final.

I am sure Henderson will play (unless he gets a retrospective for yesterday's 'dive') and Stokes gives Stubbs an interesting selection dilemma.

hibbysam
31-01-2016, 08:29 PM
The rule definitely exists in the league, due to the 'conflict of interests' loan players are not allowed to play, but it is different in cups as far as I'm aware it's a decision between the two clubs

Greenworld
31-01-2016, 08:31 PM
Henderson and Stokes now available for the final.

I am sure Henderson will play (unless he gets a retrospective for yesterday's 'dive') and Stokes gives Stubbs an interesting selection dilemma.
A retro your having a laugh ...Henderson if fit will play a huge player and stokes will need to fight his way in I'm happy with the front line but I also know own stokes and Thomson could add something

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

SunshineOnLeith
Just as well we don't have any Ross County players on loan then, eh? :greengrin

Real Emerald
Every rugby club for miles around will have a bus booked. The Scottish football bodies are clueless. Bunch of total fannies.

Scott Allan Key
31-01-2016, 08:32 PM
The rule definitely exists in the league, due to the 'conflict of interests' loan players are not allowed to play, but it is different in cups as far as I'm aware it's a decision between the two clubs

Perhaps we can ask Celtic if they may play in the final? The more experience Henderson and Stokes get against highly competitive Premiership teams the better, naw?

Michael
31-01-2016, 08:36 PM
Perhaps we can ask Celtic if they may play in the final? The more experience Henderson and Stokes get against highly competitive Premiership teams the better, naw?

Not seen today's result then?