PDA

View Full Version : Coming back?

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2016, 12:49 PM
A guy behind us yesterday announced that he was attending his first game since the Hamilton play off, not withstanding the obvious statement about glory hunting, surely the crowds at ER must increase with the football we are playing? Even from now until the end of the season as I realise next season will depend on promotion.

tartanhibee
31-01-2016, 12:56 PM
That's good hopefully he will have enjoyed what he seen, and head to ER a couple of more times this season and I'm sure he won't of been the only one in that situation.

If results keep coming then slowly the supporters will come back. If people that haven't been for a while and remember the dross that served up then it will take time. The fans that are going at the moment know this team is worth watching we just have convince the others.

PatHead
31-01-2016, 12:57 PM
Think you are right and attendances will gradually increase as we get closer to win the league and 2 cups.

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2016, 01:01 PM
Hopefully we'll see crowds increase at ER, but we might need to gain promotion before we see a significant increase. Are we around 10K this season? That isn't half bad under the circumstances and shows the potential we have, as witnessed when we go to Hampden. We've lost quite a lot of matchgoers over the past decade or so; fans who just got worn down by poor leadership, and some will need more convincing. However, if we keep improving like this, we'll see crowds increase.

31-01-2016, 01:16 PM
The team deserve people coming back to watch them. We've come a very long way since the Butcher era and all the other ***** we had to put up with before it.

The crowds at ER will increase now as people will be looking to boost their loyalty point count for the final. Hopefully now people will realise how far the club has come and those who decided to stay away will want to come back.

I don't blame people for walking away, we had year upon year of misery and disappointment so its easy to see why some people become completely fed up and found better things to do with their saturday afternoons but like I say, the club has turned a massive corner. From the boardroom to the pitch, there have been many changes and Stubbs has built a good team playing some good stuff and more importantly getting results. I'm not saying everything absolutely perfect but its absolutely night and day from where we were a few seasons ago so I would strongly urge as many fans as possible to get back coming along to ER.

leither17
31-01-2016, 01:21 PM
The first game of the season was when I came back after going out the cup to Raith. I was sickened after that but we are playing some amazing stuff the now , the difference since that Raith game to now is frightening

QMU-1875
31-01-2016, 01:26 PM
I reckon there will be a good crowd for the upcoming games. People will want to go as often as they can to get the loyalty points to go to the final. This is hopefully where we see the value of the loyalty scheme from Hibs!

ACLeith
31-01-2016, 01:27 PM
A guy behind us yesterday announced that he was attending his first game since the Hamilton play off, not withstanding the obvious statement about glory hunting, surely the crowds at ER must increase with the football we are playing? Even from now until the end of the season as I realise next season will depend on promotion.

The guy beside me said the same thing! Wheatfield Row 23 Seat 17 I think. Were you immediately in front of us?

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2016, 01:28 PM
The guy beside me said the same thing! Wheatfield Row 23 Seat 17 I think. Were you immediately in front of us?

Yes we were!

wookie70
31-01-2016, 01:29 PM
I think we should sell a "till the end of the season" season ticket. Enough loyalty points to get a ticket for the final and advertised as such. Timing and product is everything in selling and we have a perfect storm now. Do it before the Hearts game and hopefully ramp it up thereafter

Greenworld
31-01-2016, 01:32 PM
I reckon there will be a good crowd for the upcoming games. People will want to go as often as they can to get the loyalty points to go to the final. This is hopefully where we see the value of the loyalty scheme from Hibs!
Don't think there will be any problems getting a ticket for the final...live on TV 20000 tickets or thereabouts enough to go round

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Deano Mourinho
31-01-2016, 01:33 PM
I have to say that over last 3 seasons I have only attended 7-10 games and was there yesterday. Being a follower of Hibs I can never say I'm a glory hunter etc however my reasons for not attending much over last 4 seasons really is due to the way I think Hibs have been run under a certain individual.
After the changes I have seen over last 18 months I am happy to say I can see a massive change and think Leanne and Alan have done a fantastic job so will certainly be going back more frequently.

Iggy Pope
31-01-2016, 01:34 PM
I think we should sell a "till the end of the season" season ticket. Enough loyalty points to get a ticket for the final and advertised as such. Timing and product is everything in selling and we have a perfect storm now. Do it before the Hearts game and hopefully ramp it up thereafter

Agreed and Hibs are bound to do something to generate more sales on the back of a National Cup Final appearance. Commercial opportunity that must not be ignored. Hopefully to be followed by lots of Ross County fans complaining about their Hampden allocation.

Iggy Pope
31-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Don't think there will be any problems getting a ticket for the final...live on TV 20000 tickets or thereabouts enough to go round

Our past two League Cup Final appearances definitely suggest otherwise.

ACLeith
31-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Yes we were!

So when Lappin hit the top of the bar with the free kick and the guy in seat 18 suggested that it was OK as Ox had it covered, you looked round to see who the lunatic was but then realised tongue was firmly planted in cheek? If so, nice to meet you SH :greengrin

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 01:41 PM
The more people we get back watching on a regular basis the better.

Wins on Tuesday and Sunday would help with that.

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2016, 01:43 PM
So when Lappin hit the top of the bar with the free kick and the guy in seat 18 suggested that it was OK as Ox had it covered, you looked round to see who the lunatic was but then realised tongue was firmly planted in cheek? If so, nice to meet you SH :greengrin

Haha indeed that was me, nice to meet you too mate :-)

DH1875
31-01-2016, 02:33 PM

So if I dont get a ticket, can I have yours?

Lancs Harp
31-01-2016, 02:39 PM
Just out of interest our current average is just under 9300.

With big games ahead of us and interest in the Club on the rise we should be able to get that average back above 10k.

Lago
31-01-2016, 03:00 PM
I still feel that for a lot of the fans the jury is still out, yes things are looking good so there probably will be an increase over the remainder of the season as long as it looks like Hibs will get promotion, it hangs on that promotion. If it fades away I think crowds will drop.

MB62
31-01-2016, 03:01 PM
Whilst I totally agree with everything that's been said, and this team and club totally deserve increased support, one thing about yesterday was pricing.
For any run of the mill league game at Easter Road, it's £22 where yesterday it was £20 for a semi-final against a Premiership side.
That aside, £22 is well worth paying to watch Hibs these days, especially when we Stokes on the park and start scoring a few more goals.

H18 SFR
31-01-2016, 03:07 PM
The price is important, vitally important in bringing fans back into the stadium - not just at ER but across the whole country.

We really enjoyed yesterday - totally buzzing. I had a quick look at the pricing for Tuesday. It is £17 for a father and son, that was the decision made. It you price it accordingly, more will attend - including the wee man and I on Tuesday.

Keith_M
31-01-2016, 03:30 PM
:agree:

Just about to book the flights

Kaiserclem
31-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Annoys me big time, never stopped attending home and away and never will. Either Hibs are your club or they aren't. If someone stops going due to finances that is fair enough but if it's simply walking away and turning your back on your club then it's disgraceful IMO.

SeanWilson
31-01-2016, 03:51 PM
Not a coming back story but managed to convert one of my mates yesterday. His family are from Dundee and he's an Arab - came to the game with us yesterday and was up singing the songs and dancing about. Loved it.

Lancs Harp
31-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Why not try a cheap entrance initiative for one of our less glamorous games? See how it goes, filling ER means lapsed fans returning, possible new and occasional fans attending all of whom may become regulars, more spending on food, drinks, programmes and merchandise etc. Im sure the vast majority of season tickets would rather see a fuller ER than have a moan about "whats the point of me buying a season ticket if walk up fans get discounted tickets".

Perhaps have a family day quid a kid type thing as an alternative.

Get the place full and rocking.

Use say the Sunday game against Alloa or the midweek game against Morton.

Eyrie
31-01-2016, 06:13 PM
Annoys me big time, never stopped attending home and away and never will. Either Hibs are your club or they aren't. If someone stops going due to finances that is fair enough but if it's simply walking away and turning your back on your club then it's disgraceful IMO.

So it's disgraceful to have a life that doesn't revolve around Hibs, and that has other demands and interests to be accommodated?

Alfred E Newman
31-01-2016, 06:17 PM
I wonder if anyone will be staying away from the final because of Petrie?

Diclonius
31-01-2016, 06:26 PM
I wonder if anyone will be staying away from the final because of Petrie?

:greengrin

"Ahm no comin back till Petrie's go- err when we get to a cup final."

AlbertK86
31-01-2016, 06:30 PM
Imagine the boost to the team if we could recreate yesterday's atmosphere at ER

Three sides of a stadium full of Hibees all singing their heads of is the least this team deserves

Hopefully those that aren't regulars might be tempted along more often as the buzz from the crowd was electric and definitely inspires this current squad

In the not to distant past a big expectant Hibs crowd seemed to inhibit and potentially intimidate the team.

I sense Stubbsy has built a squad that will react very positively to that expectation.

Every big game at ER the last season and a half IE against The Yams, the Sevconians and against premier opposition the team have been buoyed by a big game atmosphere and come out on top in the majority

Can't count the Petrofec ... Preseason friendly !!

Any doubters let's have you back to provide real vocal support and to see what is now a very good football team

GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2016, 06:44 PM
I liked Stubbsy's comment today about us having the mentality "that it always happens to us" when he arrived and how hard they have worked to change that constant feeling of "hard done to"