PDA

View Full Version : Leanne Dempster - A Massive Thank You So Much

hfc rd
31-01-2016, 12:26 PM
When she came to the club, I remember a post on Hibees Bounce stating "Good Luck Leanne, you're definitely going to need it". As we all know, we were in such a dire strait and knocked out on the floor lacking leadership, communication and trust. On the pitch, it was just a nightmare what I was seeing. No passion or pride when pulling on the jersey. I personally had lost all faith with Hibs and really worried for our future. The club was a shambles on and off the park.

Roll on almost 18 months since her arrival, I need to say but the job Leann has done is simply fantastic! She knew she was coming into a workplace where it was on it's knees and fans, like myself, losing or had already lost faith with the club. She's taken the bull by the horns and stamped her authority on the place. Off the pitch, the communication from Hibs is top notch and initiatives that have been brought in like HSL that have helped the management team bring in the players that they want and I'm sure will continue to grow and grow. It's been a big success and it's showing when you are buying quality over quantity. She's brought in two fan representatives onto the board in Frank Dougan and Amit Moudgil, who to me look like they are two well respected and good Hibbies to have on the board.

On the pitch, she's done the business as well. The best brand of football we've been playing for a very long time! The appointment of Alan Stubbs had me very tight-lipped at the start but personally in my eyes, he's the best manager we've have in over a decade! Him along with his coaching team, Andy, John and Alan. They seem to be getting the best out of the players here and most importantly the players look like they love playing under them. I've never felt this assured about a coaching team at Hibs since the Mowbray era. They've done very well in the transfer market and the strength in depth for a team in the 2nd tier of Scottish Football is absolutely frightening. Some of the players that never started yesterday would be good enough for teams in the prem. The togetherness that's been built amongst the team is fantastic. They look as if they are a very tight nit bunch and I thought yesterday's huddle together at FT showed that. They work their socks off, not only for themselves but for each other as well. If I was a footballer I'd love to play in this team (but I ain't good enough, so we will leave it at that!) 😜

As we all know, the main aim for this season is promotion back to the premiership, where this great club should be. I believe (youse can shoot me down later, if I'm proved wrong) that we will get promoted back to the prem this season. Whether it being as champions or through the play-offs, I've got the upmost faith that this team will be playing premiership football next season and under Leann and Alan's guidance will be competing at the right end of the table. We are in a cup final in one domestic cup competition and still in another. Anything can happen in football and this could be the most successful season in our club's history in a long time! I'll keep my feet firmly on the ground but their is no harm in me believing that we can do it!

Thank you for what you've done Leann. You've brought the feel good factor back to this club. Your appointment of Alan Stubbs and his coaching team has proved to be a major success not only for the fans but also the players. One day Stubbs shall move on and he's got a very bright future as a manager in the game. I believe we have a structure in place with you at the helm that the next man that is brought in will be just as big a success as Alan. Once again Leann, keep the good work that you've done since arriving up and the future is definitely green and white!

GGTTH

jacomo
31-01-2016, 12:29 PM
hfc rd and LD sitting in a tree...

If you really want to impress her, try spelling her name right. :wink:

In all seriousness, though, she's been the right appointment and has done a great job.

greenlex
31-01-2016, 12:30 PM
Petrie Out.

hfc rd
31-01-2016, 12:33 PM
hfc rd and LD sitting in a tree...

If you really want to impress her, try spelling her name right. :wink:

In all seriousness, though, she's been the right appointment and has done a great job.

Oh jeez. Me bad!

Ozyhibby
31-01-2016, 12:36 PM
She needs our help as well folks.
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html
It's time to get behind this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2016, 12:46 PM
She's done a difficult job very well hitherto, IMO. We're making progress in the boardroom as well as on the pitch.

31-01-2016, 12:51 PM
Leann and her team deserve the upmost credit. She came to hibs at one of the lowest points in our history, everyone at the club was down and she had an absolute mountain of a task ahead of her. She has made the club far more connected with the fans and IMO has brought back trust from the fans. The club has come on leaps and bounds and re-built many bridges with the fans.

Huge well done and thank you for everything you've done Leann. You've given us back our club!

lucky
31-01-2016, 01:03 PM

Oz I'm a supporter of HSL but your continued posting a link to HSL is getting a little tedious. Can you not give it a rest for a while ?

Since90+2
31-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Does LD have a contract similar to the players in that it's for a set amount of years or is she on a rolling contract most of us have in normal jobs?

Famous Fiver
31-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Someone asked when she was appointed
'Aye, but can she score goals?'
Not scored any yet, but plenty of 'assists'.

31-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Oz I'm a supporter of HSL but your continued posting a link to HSL is getting a little tedious. Can you not give it a rest for a while ?

Don't see the problem with him trying to encourage more people to join, the more we can get to sign up the better. People are not being pressured in any way but the more the HSL can be promoted the better IMO.

LithgaeHibby
31-01-2016, 02:03 PM
I wrote to thank her some time back and said I hoped she would stay with Hibs for a long time to come. I don't know what the "transfer market" is like for Chief Execs but anyone who knows anything about running a football club would see the job she's done with us. Is it any surprise that Birmingham City have gone tits up (maybe the wrong phrase to use) since Karren Brady left?

Onion
31-01-2016, 02:17 PM
LD must look back on the last 18 months with a huge sense of personal satisfaction. Extremely tough job done very well. Transformed the club.

NAE NOOKIE
31-01-2016, 02:26 PM
In spite of my bloody annoyance at the HSL loyalty points fiasco I cant see anything else to moan about ... LD has done a great job and has worked a near miracle given where she started from, long may it continue :aok:

Mr White
31-01-2016, 02:30 PM
We might not win the championship, we might not win the cup but having a team on the park to be proud of again feels absolutely brilliant. Well done Leeann, Stubbsy and everyone else at the club. This could be a season to remember :flag:

Thecat23
31-01-2016, 02:32 PM

Great cause but I'm now thinking you are getting commission for everyone who signs up 😂

Gettin' Auld
31-01-2016, 02:55 PM

Do you constantly look for an excuse to post that link? It's possible to overdo things and end up having the opposite effect to what you intend.

Loopz
31-01-2016, 03:36 PM
What a ridiculous post.
This is from the OP "and initiatives that have been brought in like HSL that have helped the management team bring in the players that they want and I'm sure will continue to grow and grow. It's been a big success and it's showing when you are buying quality over quantity"
The day after we watched that quality get us into a final, I find this criticism bizarre. Keep up the good work Ozy.

Ronniekirk
31-01-2016, 03:51 PM

If we go up I will increase my contribution

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-01-2016, 05:51 PM

Signed up and good cause but... Getting a bit boring seeing you post this now.

stoneyburn hibs
31-01-2016, 05:56 PM

Ignore the detractors, keep it up Ozy.
Doesn't cause any harm, so why not.

TomTheHibbyBev
31-01-2016, 07:01 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Scott Allan Key
31-01-2016, 07:32 PM
My wife sees Hibs as a second wife, but Leeann, Hibs are now better than that.