PDA

View Full Version : Game against THEM!

Thecat23
30-01-2016, 11:25 PM
What's people's thoughts on the team for next week? Do you think he will rest a couple or play the team that started today?

I'd bring in Stokes for Dagnall but leave the rest as it is. Bartley though may feature. It's a tough one for Stubbs, it's a game we all want to win but will he be having the league games in mind and rest a couple?

Either way Hearts will be in a game next Sunday, if our midfield plays like that and we have a ref that actually protects the players who will no doubt get booted about then I fancy us to win 1-2 same as today!

truehibernian
30-01-2016, 11:30 PM
Stokes (if fit) is a must TC. He's added to his game at Celtic and can do Dagnall's job and add finishing.

We need to be more switched on than we were at times today - I know it's lost in the haze of victory but we were slack at the edge of our box second half a few times today - Hearts have players that can punish that.

I keep saying it but in every Hearts game v us they cannot seem to handle Martin Boyle - he's definitely someone I'd introduce to the game (at any stage)

erin go bragh
30-01-2016, 11:33 PM
Need to beat Morton first , then think about who to play against that lot .

GGTTH

HappyAsHellas
30-01-2016, 11:33 PM
I can see McGregor and Bartley starting next week to try and match up to the hammer throwers initially. We are a better footballing side though, and if we withstand their usual 200mph starts we'll beat them. As Mr Stubbs has noted previously, it's important we play the game and not the occasion. Still need a strong ref to stand up to the puddle drinkers though.

Thecat23
30-01-2016, 11:35 PM
Stokes (if fit) is a must TC. He's added to his game at Celtic and can do Dagnall's job and add finishing.

We need to be more switched on than we were at times today - I know it's lost in the haze of victory but we were slack at the edge of our box second half a few times today - Hearts have players that can punish that.

I keep saying it but in every Hearts game v us they cannot seem to handle Martin Boyle - he's definitely someone I'd introduce to the game (at any stage)

Yeah if fit Stokes should play, my worry is defending set pieces, we seem to struggle a bit when playing teams with guys over 6ft. I wouldn't say we are a small side but they have many players that could out jump out defenders.

Not a bad shout that with Boyle. I think Keatings will play a part and I have a feeling he may get a goal.

Thecat23
30-01-2016, 11:36 PM
I can see McGregor and Bartley starting next week to try and match up to the hammer throwers initially. We are a better footballing side though, and if we withstand their usual 200mph starts we'll beat them. As Mr Stubbs has noted previously, it's important we play the game and not the occasion. Still need a strong ref to stand up to the puddle drinkers though.

I rate McGregor so I would be happy with that. Like you say survive the frantic start we can win it because their fans will start to turn on them!

Thecat23
30-01-2016, 11:37 PM

GGTTH

I had actually forgot there we play them midweek. Defo need a win and I'm sure the boys will be fully focussed on that.

B.H.F.C
30-01-2016, 11:38 PM
We need to play and beat Morton first. And we will.

Win that and go to Tynecastle with a cup final already in the bag. Good to be a Hibby the now.

Hibeesmad
30-01-2016, 11:39 PM
3-5-2

Oxley

McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
McGeough
Fyvie
McGinn
Stevenson

Cummings
Stokes

Baader
30-01-2016, 11:41 PM

Can see Bartley maybe featuring as they'll be trying to kick us and break up play as much as they can. It's Pep Levein's way and it's what the deluded hordes think of as football around Gorgie. If the ref actually gets the book out first 20 minutes and shows them he means business, then we can win.

truehibernian
30-01-2016, 11:46 PM
Yeah if fit Stokes should play, my worry is defending set pieces, we seem to struggle a bit when playing teams with guys over 6ft. I wouldn't say we are a small side but they have many players that could out jump out defenders.

Not a bad shout that with Boyle. I think Keatings will play a part and I have a feeling he may get a goal.

I'm actually going to give credit to Hearts here TC - they don't play hoofball or make the most of height strangely enough - they use width and like hitting it wide as early as possible so our full backs will do a shift next week.

I think we'll get success through the middle early - later in the game out wide - I'd be tempted to go 4-5-1 with Boyle out right to assist Gray, with Stokes up top - that of course means dropping JC.

Ox
Gray Hanlon Fontaine Lewy
Boyle Dylan Fyvie McGinn Henderson
Stokes

Thats what I'd go with

Hibernia&Alba
30-01-2016, 11:47 PM

GGTTH

True. Hopefully get through the Morton game with the points and free of injuries, then Stubbs can judge who will be best placed to start at the PBS. One thing's for sure: Hearts know they'll be in a competitive game and that we'll be ready.

cameronw-hfc
30-01-2016, 11:53 PM
I expect Bartley to start in most big games and I'm not sure he has started in any? Surprised me but it works so I wouldn't change it besides MAYBE Stokes for Dagnall as I think Stokes can hold it up as well but will also create more. Not fussed who starts out of those two.

Pete
30-01-2016, 11:55 PM
Hearts will be a harder game than St. Johnstone as they will be even more physical and we'll probably have a lot less of the ball than we did today. They will also have the crowd right behind them.

Dagnall seemed to act as an outlet when they were on top today and I would start with him and Stokes or Cummings.

I'm not sure how Thommo is playing right now but we simply can't lose balls on the edge of our box as we will be punished. I'd maybe play him against Morton and make a decision regarding who is better playing defensive mid based on that.

We can't do nothing about the strength and height of our defence and they will have to be on top of their game to deal with hearts. Say what you want about Patterson etc...but I believe they are capable of giving us a torrid time as they are powerful and pacey. No switching off for a second.

There will be an element of the unknown when it comes to both sides preparations for this game and the most important factor could be the referee. They will rough-house us and its up to him to set the tone.

Liberal Hibby
31-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Will Stokes be fit to start? I can see him coming off the bench.

matty_f
31-01-2016, 12:08 AM
Hearts will be a much tougher proposition than St Johnstone. Probably not as tough as Aberdeen though, and we spanked them, so....

HappyAsHellas
31-01-2016, 12:23 AM
We know what their tactics will be: hit long balls to keep you on the back foot: push high up the park so you can't play it out and therefore have to kick it into the land of the giants. Midfield they will make a rough house making lots of petty fouls to break up play. These tactics are essentially simple, but effective. Maintain calm, play football through the middle and we can beat them. We are the better team, and we silenced their fans the last time there, so lets do it again.

hfc rd
31-01-2016, 01:47 AM
Let's focus on Tuesday night first. That game is very important to get the 3 points, if we have any hope of winning the league.