PDA

View Full Version : Morton game

Del Boy
30-01-2016, 09:24 PM
do we rest players for next Sunday or full team again?

GreenCastle
30-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Think Dylan will be rested :agree:

Pretty Boy
30-01-2016, 09:26 PM
Full team no question.

I suspect Stubbs might freshen it up with 1 or 2 changes but we need to keep focussed on the league and that means treating every game as a must win.

mutley
30-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Stubbs summed it up I his post match interview, that the Morton game is the biggest we face. I take that to mean that , yes good cup runs are welcome, but the priority is gaining maximum points in league games.
I whole heartedly agree. Yes I was there today and have a ticket for the derby, and yes I'll be going to hampden for the LC final (and other SC games should we progress). But I still see the cup runs as a financial bonus with promotion an absolute must .

.................. Id be happy with all 3 mind you , but trying to be realistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LithgaeHibby
30-01-2016, 09:35 PM
Stubbs let the mask slip in a post-match interview when he looked ahead to the derby as apparently our next game, and then quickly remembered that we have Morton. I hope the players don't make the same mistake. 3 points is an absolute must - promotion is vital. I trust Stubbs though and he will be getting the players ready for that game. Full strength team needed and all players have to be on their game.

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2016, 09:37 PM
Stubbs let the mask slip in a post-match interview when he looked ahead to the derby as apparently our next game, and then quickly remembered that we have Morton. I hope the players don't make the same mistake. 3 points is an absolute must - promotion is vital. I trust Stubbs though and he will be getting the players ready for that game. Full strength team needed and all players have to be on their game.

Cliff Pike said we have yams next, AS said no, we have Morton on Tuesday

Del Boy
30-01-2016, 09:44 PM
Get what's being said but if it was a choice of winning only one it would be the Hearts game for me!

Very confident we will win both though

LithgaeHibby
30-01-2016, 09:53 PM

It was the BBC Scotland interview I was thinking about http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35452106 - approx 2:05 - just a split-second lapse

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2016, 09:54 PM
It was the BBC Scotland interview I was thinking about http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35452106 - approx 2:05 - just a split-second lapse

I never heard that one until now.....:aok:

Ronniekirk
30-01-2016, 10:00 PM
If we want to stay in touch with Rangers we need to win every league game and beat them at Easter road Falkirk not taking something off them before we play them is a blow , but it a.so gives us a chance to keep the momentum going on Tuesday night and put more pressure on Falkirk who have signed five players this window to try and get second place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DH1875
30-01-2016, 10:08 PM

Full team, no question.

Ozyhibby
30-01-2016, 10:22 PM
Full team.
I doubt Dylan will play though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IberianHibernian
30-01-2016, 10:28 PM
Full team definitely even though that`ll still mean a couple of changes from today . Morton`ll be a hard match but if we can win it will set us up well for a run of relatively easier league matches beore we play Rangers . Would hope we`re not even thinking about Hearts match till Wednesday .

H18 SFR
30-01-2016, 10:37 PM
Can we expect a big crowd through?

Captain Trips
30-01-2016, 10:39 PM
The cup for one season well 2 now is to me only a bonus we need 3pts every week. However now we have made the final we have to accept we need to give it the focus it deserves, but I so badly want to silence, Sevco, The Rangers etc etc.

Hibernia&Alba
30-01-2016, 10:44 PM
I'm sure it will be the strongest team available which starts. It's always tempting to rest a few ahead of a big cup tie, but we really need the three points, in order to keep the pressure on Rangers. It won't be a cakewalk at Morton, so best team and get the job done.

hfc rd
31-01-2016, 01:03 AM
Full team definitely even though that`ll still mean a couple of changes from today . Morton`ll be a hard match but if we can win it will set us up well for a run of relatively easier league matches beore we play Rangers . Would hope we`re not even thinking about Hearts match till Wednesday .

This. We do have great options off the bench to come in and it will still be a strong team. Stokes might be given a full match maybe if he's fit?

dp00
31-01-2016, 06:10 AM
We have a strong enough squad to swap it about a little and still win

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lucky
31-01-2016, 06:45 AM
Tuesday is a bigger game for us as a club than Sunday. But if we were guaranteed promotion through the play offs and knock hearts out then I'd take that. But I think we will win on Tuesday & draw at the PBSvand beat them in a reply.

ALF TUPPER
31-01-2016, 06:55 AM

Yeah. Stubbs corrected him. Cliff forgot about our huge game midweek.
As someone else said - cup runs are great but we can't take our eye off the league. That's our prize this year. Anything else is a Brucie Bonus.

GGTTH

southern hibby
31-01-2016, 08:09 AM
I never heard that one until now.....:aok:

I heard that as we have a tough game next week in the cup as he was talking about cup games then he mentions Morton game nothing to see here. Move along please lol.

All games for us are important and I'm sure AS and the team will understand and appreciate that.

Biggest thing for me in that interview was one defeat in 23 games, I actually felt proud as F..k as it was said.

GGTTH

SeanWilson
31-01-2016, 08:13 AM
We have that much depth in squad now, I expect us to make some changes but still have a very strong team out. Cannot afford to drop points at all.

aussie_hibee
31-01-2016, 09:44 AM
Hypothetically, if we did rest some players, how strong a team could we put out.

Oxley
Gunnarsson mcgregor Fontaine Stevenson
Boyle Thomson Bartley mcginn
Keatings stokes

Only 4 from yesterday and still a very strong team. Great that we've got this much depth and could be key going in to what could be a very busy period.

bigwheel
31-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Hypothetically, if we did rest some players, how strong a team could we put out.

Oxley
Gunnarsson mcgregor Fontaine Stevenson
Boyle Thomson Bartley mcginn
Keatings stokes

Only 4 from yesterday and still a very strong team. Great that we've got this much depth and could be key going in to what could be a very busy period.

Interesting fun topic - but this is our biggest game of the week - it should be our first 11 - no holding back

aussie_hibee
31-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Absolutely but very refreshing to know that we have options and one or two little tweaks and rests for some if Stubbs feels we need it.

Brightside
31-01-2016, 09:54 AM

Promotion is all that matters. We must win every single league game now.