PDA

View Full Version : Strongest midfield since Mowbray?

Diclonius
30-01-2016, 09:19 PM
I certainly think so.

For years our midfield has been a liability that we usually bypassed entirely but now everything goes through them and they boss games. Henderson, McGinn and McGeouch are the best we've had in years, backed up by Fyvie and Bartley.

The only thing we have to worry about is replacing Henderson when he goes back to Celtic.

muzzhfc
30-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Can't say I'm concerned.....I trust Stubbs

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2016, 09:21 PM
I certainly think so.

For years our midfield has been a liability that we usually bypassed entirely but now everything goes through them and they boss games. Henderson, McGinn and McGeouch are the best we've had in years, backed up by Fyvie and Bartley.

The only thing we have to worry about is replacing Henderson when he goes back to Celtic.

Will he go back, though?

Tic supporter I know reckons he'd struggle to get in their team. Too slight.

So.. would he sign for us? Cue Ozy and his HSL advert.... :greengrin

LithgaeHibby
30-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Maybe we are seeing a new "golden generation". I'm happy to believe it anyway. Maybe I'm pished, but I believe in Stubbs

HappyAsHellas
30-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Will he go back, though?

Thought he signed a 5 year deal with them before coming into the light?

Iceman1875
30-01-2016, 09:45 PM
Henderson will be a Celtic first team player next year. I'd take Dylan or McGinn over Henderson but I still rate him highly.

At Easter Road we play...

Vini1875
30-01-2016, 09:53 PM
Henderson will grow into a very good player. Of our midfield I still think Fyvie is a weak link, for me he needs to strengthen - physically and mentally. Bartley is stronger but slower and gives very little going forward.

The rest I enjoy watching and I think Stubbs will bring players who are as good or better than what we have.

Arch Stanton
30-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Thought he signed a 5 year deal with them before coming into the light?

That maybe just means he won't come cheap if they do sell him.

They extended DMcG's contract when his loan spell with us ended and I don't think they really considered him as a first team prospect.

bigwheel
30-01-2016, 09:55 PM
Henderson will grow into a very good player. Of our midfield I still think Fyvie is a weak link, for me he needs to strengthen - physically and mentally. Bartley is stronger but slower and gives very little going forward.

The rest I enjoy watching and I think Stubbs will bring players who are as good or better than what we have.

really?? he was immense today...and still making forward runs after 90 mins...cant agree with that view

Ozyhibby
30-01-2016, 10:02 PM
Will he go back, though?

Was just thinking about an 'HSL for Hendo' campaign. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
30-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Was just thinking about an 'HSL for Hendo' campaign. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can mention that at the next meeting. Gets my backing.

Borderhibbie76
30-01-2016, 11:44 PM

Opinions ah??? I thought Fyvie was excellent today and drove the team physically and mentally

Baader
30-01-2016, 11:54 PM
Easily our best midfield since the Mowbray days. Really wasn't much to get excited about in between then and now though to be honest.

Stubbs really is doing a fantastic job. Still need to go up though.

Lee Marvin
31-01-2016, 12:04 AM
Henderson will be a Celtic first team player next year. I'd take Dylan or McGinn over Henderson but I still rate him highly.

At Easter Road we play...

He won't. I think we may get him again