PDA

View Full Version : Giving The Club The Finger

Ged
30-01-2016, 08:58 PM
That's what S43/Singing Section/Whatever they're called nowadays did this afternoon. Someone at the club obviously put in the time to group their tickets together and they repay that effort with a flare and that banner.

Sort yourselves out.

Hibs Class
30-01-2016, 09:01 PM
I take it the banner was the one saying the pride of edinburgh? If so, what's wrong with that?

RoscoHibby
30-01-2016, 09:01 PM
What did the banner say?

Bishop Hibee
30-01-2016, 09:02 PM
While this will probably be the end of the singing section, I personally have no problem with the banner. Freedom of speech surely. I have no problems with smoke bombs. Adds to the atmosphere.

Understand most on here will disagree!

Pretty Boy
30-01-2016, 09:04 PM
I take it the banner was the one saying the pride of edinburgh? If so, what's wrong with that?

There was another mid way through the 2nd half that was unfurled that said 'recognise this' and had another banner below it with a hand giving the middle finger on it.

No idea what it was all about tbh.

kaimendhibs
30-01-2016, 09:05 PM
Are you sure? I thought it was to officialdom???

greenlex
30-01-2016, 09:06 PM
I'm guessing some sort of protest at facial recognition cameras looking to be introduced. Very strange.

hibee_girl
There was another mid way through the 2nd half that was unfurled that said 'recognise this' and had another banner below it with a hand giving the middle finger on it.

Yeah I saw it but didn't have a clue who it was aimed at, not sure who was meant to be recognising what!

lucky

I thought it was a dig about the £4m that SPLF want to spend on facial recognition

brianmc
30-01-2016, 09:07 PM
Surely it was a dig at the proposed implementation of facial recognition cameras at games?

*beat me to it!

LordBamba
30-01-2016, 09:07 PM

The recognise this and middle finger was to do with hearts brining in facial recognition

Peevemor
30-01-2016, 09:10 PM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1024991667546999&substory_index=0&id=625056280873875

Ozyhibby
30-01-2016, 09:21 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160130/4755f0ff13f5f248181c63ccf730a30b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
30-01-2016, 09:23 PM
I liked the big banner before the game - Pride of Edinburgh ! Looked good.

Think it was a finger up to the Scottish authorities and flares- not a fingers up to the club.

Was amazed by lack of searches etc today on entrance.

Pete
30-01-2016, 09:25 PM
:agree: good on them. Not only is this a total waste of money, it's a total cop out regarding a clamp down on bigotry.

Lago
30-01-2016, 09:31 PM
:agree: good on them. Not only is this a total waste of money, it's a total cop out regarding a clamp down on bigotry.
Might be handy catching the dummy throwing hot tea at Ref & players.

Pete
30-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Might be handy catching the dummy throwing hot tea at Ref & players.

That's what these people sitting in that brick tower should be doing. Looked like a watchtower at alcatraz.

silverhibee
30-01-2016, 09:49 PM
That's what S43/Singing Section/Whatever they're called nowadays did this afternoon. Someone at the club obviously put in the time to group their tickets together and they repay that effort with a flare and that banner.

Sort yourselves out.

What's wrong with the banner, it was obviously directed at the authorities regards camera (kop out waste of money) recognition that the SFA/SPFL want to implement, think it may cost £4m to put in place, what a waste of money.

How did the Ultras let the club down with that banner.

SlickShoes
30-01-2016, 09:53 PM
They were fine, atmosphere was good, banner was good, second banner is fine and is protesting something ridiculous we don't need.

Smoke bombs I can take or leave but they cause no disruption to the game at all, saints fans set them off as well, its a fad, it will pass.

FranckSuzy
30-01-2016, 09:57 PM
I liked the big banner before the game - Pride of Edinburgh ! Looked good.

Think it was a finger up to the Scottish authorities and flares- not a fingers up to the club.

:agree: Yet I had my bag searched... I mean, I am an upstanding member of society, FFS :greengrin Seriously though, it does make a mockery of the whole thing.

wearethehibs
30-01-2016, 09:57 PM
Excellent banner.

hibee
30-01-2016, 09:59 PM

My 2 kids (9&10) were both searched but I wasn't, they checked their sweets and gloves in their pockets!

Pretty Boy
30-01-2016, 10:06 PM
:agree: Yet I had my bag searched... I mean, I am an upstanding member of society, FFS :greengrin Seriously though, it does make a mockery of the whole thing.

You must look a bit dodgy. I strolled in no questions asked.

silverhibee
30-01-2016, 10:11 PM
My 2 kids (9&10) were both searched but I wasn't, they checked their sweets and gloves in their pockets!

Was this by the Police or stewards, sorry but I wouldn't let a steward check my kids (at that age) by putting there hands in there pockets, no f***ing way if it was a steward.

Iceman1875
30-01-2016, 10:13 PM
I have no issue with this at all [emoji122]🏻

At Easter Road we play...

GreenCastle
30-01-2016, 10:19 PM
Anyone got a pic of the one from before the game ?

proud_and_green
30-01-2016, 10:20 PM
The searches never managed to find the cup of tea that was thrown at the linesman - which incidentally, and well done to the twat who threw it, mainly went over Hendo. I wondered if he was actually scalded by it because it certainly seemed to bother him. There are some real erses around!

Blaster
30-01-2016, 10:23 PM
They were fine, atmosphere was good, banner was good, second banner is fine and is protesting something ridiculous we don't need.

Smoke bombs I can take or leave but they cause no disruption to the game at all, saints fans set them off as well, its a fad, it will pass.

Smoke bombs are not allowed

Why can't people understand that? Whether you can take or leave them they are against the law in a football stadium

lord bunberry
30-01-2016, 10:26 PM

Sort yourselves out.
Whoooosh

HappyAsHellas
30-01-2016, 10:28 PM
Smoke bombs are not allowed

Why can't people understand that? Whether you can take or leave them they are against the law in a football stadium

The young teenagers who let off the smoke bombs are of an age when rules and regulations are generally ignored in the pursuit of what they see as having a good time and creating atmosphere. As someone else noted, it will pass, so it's no biggie - the saints fans let some off too.

SanFranHibs
30-01-2016, 10:28 PM
Excellent banner.

:agree:

Blaster
30-01-2016, 10:32 PM
The young teenagers who let off the smoke bombs are of an age when rules and regulations are generally ignored in the pursuit of what they see as having a good time and creating atmosphere. As someone else noted, it will pass, so it's no biggie - the saints fans let some off too.

Fair point mate but they are still not allowed. It's big deal if our club lose money for it

Golden Bear
Whoooosh

I was wondering but still not 100% convinced!

proud_and_green

So laws are just for us old farts then.....?

hibee
30-01-2016, 10:37 PM
Was this by the Police or stewards, sorry but I wouldn't let a steward check my kids (at that age) by putting there hands in there pockets, no f***ing way if it was a steward.

Female steward, she was actually ok with them and got them to take the stuff out their pockets rather than doing it herself. Still thought it was a bit odd though!

HappyAsHellas
30-01-2016, 10:41 PM
Fair point mate but they are still not allowed. It's big deal if our club lose money for it

Not happy if we get fined, but what can we do?

So laws are just for us old farts then.....?

Yes I'm an old fart too:greengrin

JE89
30-01-2016, 11:06 PM
Anyone got a pic of the one from before the game ?

Not the best but nobody else has posted one...

bigwheel
30-01-2016, 11:16 PM

Not the best but nobody else has posted one...

here is another...

GreenCastle
30-01-2016, 11:22 PM
here is another...

Thanks - I liked the banner :thumbsup::agree:

I actually quite liked having the fans directly behind the goals also - still think the Famous Five lower would be perfect for this - move the kids to the West Lower closet the FF and the East will continue to sing along with the West when required.

H18 SFR
30-01-2016, 11:30 PM

For a variety of reasons I am against anyone being searched unless there is reasonable grounds for suspecting that person may be involved in criminal behaviour. Today a G4S steward stopped my son who is 14 to search him. I refused to give him permission and asked for a police officer - I didn't reaslise that a cop was a few meters away.

I basically politely stated what I've already said here and the officer said we were free to enter the stadium without a search. The steward looked unhappy but off we went, no drama just a very firm but polite refusal.

Bayern Bru
30-01-2016, 11:35 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160130/d8f50b998c46b82a4ada04c0b8200266.jpg

Alex Trager
30-01-2016, 11:50 PM
Firstly.

We are the pride of this city. We were excellent as a team and fan base today, despite the mental rumours we were stealing stuff from kiosks and what not.

Second. The banner about recognise this was 100% not aimed at the club.

Third:

"Cause we've got McGinn.
Super John McGinn.
I just don't think you understand.
He's Alan stubbsys man, he's better than zidanne.
He's super John McGinn

Cause we've got McGinn.
Super John McGinn.
I just don't think you understand.
He's Alan stubbsys man, he's better than zidanne.
He's super John McGinn"

BoomtownHibees
30-01-2016, 11:57 PM

Sort yourselves out.

In what way was it aimed at the club? Maybe find out your facts before posting a **** thread like this

LithgaeHibby
31-01-2016, 12:02 AM
Before the "recognise this" banner appeared, there seemed to be some aggro in front of the singing section caused by stewards trying to remove the Pride of Edinburgh banner. A couple of guys held on to it and in the end the labdicks were called in to bring the tug of war to an end. I assume Queen Budge objected.

Pete
31-01-2016, 12:05 AM
In what way was it aimed at the club? Maybe find out your facts before posting a **** thread like this

A thread title change is in order if nothing else.

As for the nonsense a post or two later about it almost certainly being the end of the section WTF :confused:

Alex Trager
31-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Before the "recognise this" banner appeared, there seemed to be some aggro in front of the singing section caused by stewards trying to remove the Pride of Edinburgh banner. A couple of guys held on to it and in the end the labdicks were called in to bring the tug of war to an end. I assume Queen Budge objected.

Absolute non sense mate.

It was a totally inoffensive banner and it was removed for no reason

stoneyburn hibs
31-01-2016, 12:16 AM
The searches never managed to find the cup of tea that was thrown at the linesman - which incidentally, and well done to the twat who threw it, mainly went over Hendo. I wondered if he was actually scalded by it because it certainly seemed to bother him. There are some real erses around!

Seen it, it hit Liam and he was scalded. Hibs cup games=walloper central.

Golden Bear
31-01-2016, 12:22 AM
THEM freely advertise themselves as "The Heart & Soul of the city " so I don't see how anyone could possibly interpret todays banner as being offensive.

Pete
31-01-2016, 12:24 AM
A cup was thrown and liquid was in it but he certainly wasn't scalded.

Saying that, it may take years for the victims to gain the courage to come forward before we learn of further atrocities. I'm hearing strong rumours that that there were voices raised towards police in the toilets.

stoneyburn hibs
31-01-2016, 12:32 AM

Saying that, it may take years for the victims to gain the courage to come forward before we learn of further atrocities. I'm hearing strong rumours that that there were voices raised towards police in the toilets.

He was scalded, would you vigorously rub your arm and shoulder if it was a cold liquid ?

CropleyWasGod
31-01-2016, 12:34 AM

Yeah, I know. What kind of moron tries to smuggle hot tea into a fitba match? Embarrassment to the club.

Especially when he could've bought some inside the ground and launched that.

:cb

Pete
31-01-2016, 12:39 AM
He was scalded, would you vigorously rub your arm and shoulder if it was a cold liquid ?

Probably...I'd also probably do that if it was hot liquid.

I would treat my burns if I was scalded.

HappyAsHellas
31-01-2016, 12:57 AM

The voices raised towards the fine officers of the law occurred in the Gorgie end at HT. The drummer and the followers all started jumping up and down having a sing song and the boys in blue objected. Cue the same singers coming up with the previously unheard lyrics that all polis are illegitimate. There was no big queue for refreshments as there was nothing left to eat = steak pies gone, mince pies gone, hot dogs gone. Chocolate bars, crisps, any form of sugar or sustenance all gone. From a premium quality stadium that has sell out crowds every other week I found this staggering. These plebs make Dunfermline look professional FFS. I shudder to think what my outlook on life would be if I had to frequent that crumbling, dilapidated, obnoxious, puerile stinking cesspit of a dump every other week.

steakbake
31-01-2016, 12:59 AM

If it was really really cold, then yes, perhaps I would.

Cabbage East
31-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Quality banner.

judas
31-01-2016, 11:21 AM

Can't believe you think a vessel thrown on to the pitch is fine and dandy.

What an idiot.

31-01-2016, 12:16 PM

He certainly did appear to have been hurt by it. Absolute moron, we don't need nor want folk like that in our support. The support was excellent yesterday, just a shame this dickhead made an arse of himself.

31-01-2016, 12:19 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160130/d8f50b998c46b82a4ada04c0b8200266.jpg

Absolutely ridiculous that this was removed. Nothing offensive about it whatsoever, simply showing support/pride in our club. Utterly pathetic!

Steve20
31-01-2016, 12:26 PM
No problem with the banner.

It's the smoke bomb that's a disgrace. If you think bringing a smoke bomb to the football adds to the occasion or is even funny, then you really need to have a word with yourself.

Holmesdale Hibs
31-01-2016, 12:26 PM
If the facial recognition software helps catch people throwing cups of tea and setting off smoke bombs then I'm all for it.

Don't have a problem with security searches at the gate either - it's annoying but if the police think it's necessary then I'm ok with it as well.

jacomo
31-01-2016, 01:40 PM

What an idiot.

:agree:

Pathetic behaviour.

31-01-2016, 01:45 PM
If the facial recognition software helps catch people throwing cups of tea and setting off smoke bombs then I'm all for it.

Don't have a problem with security searches at the gate either - it's annoying but if the police think it's necessary then I'm ok with it as well.

I don't see a problem with folk getting their bag searched, if you have nothing to hide then it shouldn't be a problem for you. problem is however, people who are trying to sneak in flares/missiles etc. are not going to be carrying them in in bags, they are going to be hiding them up jumpers etc.

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2016, 01:55 PM
How will facial recognition work at Tynecastle? DNA would struggle to separate them.

NAE NOOKIE
31-01-2016, 02:12 PM
To be honest I thought the 'recognise this' banner was quite funny :greengrin

If the stewards really did try to remove the 'pride of Edinburgh' banner the only reason has to be coz it was the Wongadome and if that's so then it shouldn't be used as a neutral venue if Hibs are involved.

IMO the game has become far to sanitised, give me drums and smokebombs any day of the week ... if I had my way they would be on sale in the club shop next to the fags.

:duck:

Pete
31-01-2016, 02:51 PM

What an idiot.

I'm sorry but where did I say I was fine and dandy with it? I was just saying that he wasn't scalded.

Arse.

wearethehibs
31-01-2016, 04:22 PM
If anyone is fine with the SFA spending 4 million pounds on facial recognition technology, then they need their head examined.

I can think of a lot of improvments that could be made to actually helping Scottish football, with an extra 4 million.

Hannah_hfc
31-01-2016, 05:29 PM
I was sat at the front of the Gorgie stand next to the singing section and the Pride of Edinburgh banner did get removed and left by the corner flag.

Also a couple of folk dragged out by stewards and police throughout the game.

I think the second banner was spot on. Think there was a few SFA topdogs at the game so hope they noticed!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
31-01-2016, 05:32 PM
I was sat at the front of the Gorgie stand next to the singing section and the Pride of Edinburgh banner did get removed and left by the corner flag.

Also a couple of folk dragged out by stewards and police throughout the game.

I think the second banner was spot on. Think there was a few SFA topdogs at the game so hope they noticed!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I hope the Pride of Edinburgh banner was rescued and is available for a forthcoming fixture?!

Jack Hackett
31-01-2016, 05:39 PM
If anyone is fine with the SFA spending 4 million pounds on facial recognition technology, then they need their head examined.

I can think of a lot of improvments that could be made to actually helping Scottish football, with an extra 4 million.

:top marks

This is the whole point. When you consider the pitiful amounts they actually generate, it's ludicrous. The Ladbrokes deal is for £4m, and they intend to splash that whole amount on what will, imo, prove a costly failure

Lancs Harp
31-01-2016, 05:42 PM
The Pride of Edinburgh banner was removed shortly after the smoke bomb incident. I think it was because the motley crew raised the banner up and "lit" the smoke bomb behind it so the stewards couldnt see who had done it.

Just as an observation the Saints had a anti SPFL banner at the top right of their stand and their "cheerleading section" also let off smoke bombs, a few infact.

Lets not beat ourselves up too much about it.

Enjoy the moment, its not every day we make it to a Cup final.

:flag:

Killiehibbie
31-01-2016, 05:42 PM
£4,000,000 is an awful lot of money to waste on cameras that are not needed. Existing cctv cameras, in and around the grounds, are enough. We also have police with handheld cameras filming lots of people.

McD
31-01-2016, 05:47 PM
I don't see a problem with folk getting their bag searched, if you have nothing to hide then it shouldn't be a problem for you. problem is however, people who are trying to sneak in flares/missiles etc. are not going to be carrying them in in bags, they are going to be hiding them up jumpers etc.

Saw a guy shoving glass bottles of carling down his trousers on gorgie road on the way to the ground

judas
31-01-2016, 07:28 PM
I'm sorry but where did I say I was fine and dandy with it? I was just saying that he wasn't scalded.

Arse.

If you say so.:crazy:

Pete
31-01-2016, 07:50 PM
If you say so.:crazy:

So are you going to point out where I said I was "fine and dandy" with it or are you just going to keep on trolling?

Edit: in fact don't bother. Ignored, no time for erses

:thumbsup:

ALF TUPPER
31-01-2016, 08:09 PM
Banner was partly covering advertising . My thoughts at the time. Couldn't see what it said as I was sitting behind the guys 😊

O'Rourke3
31-01-2016, 08:24 PM
:hijack: The Facial recognition system won't get near costing £4m. That's the amount the Govt would be prepared to put up.
Never saw the banner either. Must have been to busy watching the game...

Phil MaGlass
01-02-2016, 09:15 AM
There are facial recognition cameras at my club in The Hague, they recently caught and barred 22 supporters for racial chants, it works, and if it was to be used in Scotland for the bigot brothers it would soon stamp out the bigot singing in our stadiums, as for the flares, I wish I knew how to upload a video from my mobile anyhoos, organised between the fans and club, practically half the stadium, had released green flares and other pyrotechnics before one of our games( actually happens quite regularly), not one complaint about asthma, not being able to breath etc, etc...good atmosphere, even though we lost.

Facial recognition is expensive as it is also used when entering the stadium and is linked to your clubcard, so you cant get in on someone elses card. I think it cost around 750,000-1 mill. Just for our stadium alone.(I could be wrong)

Smartie
01-02-2016, 09:23 AM
£4,000,000 is an awful lot of money to waste on cameras that are not needed. Existing cctv cameras, in and around the grounds, are enough. We also have police with handheld cameras filming lots of people.

Letting off smoke bombs and throwing cups of hot tea at the referee/ our own player is not the way to make the point that facial recognition cameras are not needed.

I'm all for having a good time and I quite like an "edgy" atmosphere that is the right side of the line but having been at Ibrox at Christmas and having seen the clown throw the tea at the ref I'm struggling for reasons why facial recognition cameras shouldn't be brought in.

Football would be better for getting rid of the "unacceptable" stuff and the gruesome twosome from the West have a lot more to fear than us.

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 09:25 AM
The Pride of Edinburgh banner was removed shortly after the smoke bomb incident. I think it was because the motley crew raised the banner up and "lit" the smoke bomb behind it so the stewards couldnt see who had done it.

Just as an observation the Saints had a anti SPFL banner at the top right of their stand and their "cheerleading section" also let off smoke bombs, a few infact.

Lets not beat ourselves up too much about it.

Enjoy the moment, its not every day we make it to a Cup final.

:flag:

and also clearly there was a drink container thrown from the Roseburn stand at Cummings after he scored the pen.