PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon

cameronw-hfc
30-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Different class, yet again he has strolled the game. Was against a wee nippy striker and a bit crappy target man and handled both with incredible ease. Can't remember the last time I seen him 'bullied' in a game now since Stubbs' came in, really is an outstanding defender and footballer :top marks

Onion
30-01-2016, 07:40 PM
Outstanding performance by Hanlon today. Was a rock at the back, read the game superbly well and dominated their forwards.

cameronw-hfc
30-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Can't remember the last time he played poorly, class.

MartinfaePorty
30-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Totally agree with that. Also thought Fontaine was excellent and I've not been his biggest fan.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

aussie_hibee
30-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Hanlon strolled it again. Fontaine was also quality. Definitely my favourite pairing

30-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Fantastic from him today again :thumbsup:

hibee_girl
30-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Outstanding once again :agree:

pedroorange1875
30-01-2016, 08:08 PM
Where was he positioned for their goal that came from the centre of the box?

cameronw-hfc
30-01-2016, 08:11 PM

Edge of box, followed his man out, correctly so, was Gray that was beaten in the air.

Aldo
30-01-2016, 08:12 PM

Always one. There was nothing wrong with his position from what I have seen on telly. Superb cross TBH but would of been cleared had Fontaine not slipped.

Why does every goal we concede have to be Paul Hanlons fault??

hibbysam
30-01-2016, 08:17 PM
Strolled it yet again, still struggling to see why he was penalised for the goal, just brute strength to shield the ball out of play! Again, puts to bed the myth he can't do it in big games or against decent sides, yet another 'big name' put to the sword by Paul today!

lucky
30-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Hanlon played very well but I would not be surprised if McGregor replaces Fontaine in the next couple of games

Onion
30-01-2016, 08:28 PM
For years, at 2-1 with 10 mins to go we'd be crapping ourselves about the inevitable equaliser. Hibs and the opposition just know it's coming.

Not any more.

This lot are made of sterner stuff. That's what makes Wotherspoon and Craig's comments in the press about Hibs not handling big occasions and pressure of playing fro Hibs , so laughable and out of touch. Stubbs has built a team with more than a little character and backbone, and one which the Hibs supporters can be proud of. Hanlon is a key part of that.

LithgaeHibby
30-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Hanlon said in an interview a few weeks ago that he would be happy to finish his career at Hibs. Not often you get one-club players like Hanlon and Stevenson these days. A class act - he's come on leaps and bounds! I think Stubbs knows how to get the best out of players. Stubbsy's the man! Best we've had since Mogga.

truehibernian
30-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Hanlon played very well but I would not be surprised if McGregor replaces Fontaine in the next couple of games

Really ? I thought Fontaine was back to his best today - threw himself at two shots last 10 in our box which saved possible equaliser - do you think he played badly today ? Or you rate Darren more ? I loved Liam chasing what looked like a wasted pass and keeping it in play when everyone else stopped -that desire was all over the pitch today.

Paul Hanlon played well today but has been better.

scoopyboy
30-01-2016, 08:34 PM
Hanlon said in an interview a few weeks ago that he would be happy to finish his career at Hibs. Not often you get one-club players like Hanlon and Stevenson these days. A class act - he's come on leaps and bounds! I think Stubbs knows how to get the best out of players. Stubbsy's the man! Best we've had since Mogga.

Best we've had since Turnbull.

Stubbs has had to build a team from virtually nothing whereas Mowbray was left with decent players who were always going to get better.

matty_f
30-01-2016, 08:35 PM
Hanlon is 'just' a very classy player.

E10 Rifle
30-01-2016, 08:39 PM
Good thread. Totally agree with it. If it wasn't for McGinn, Hanlon would have been MOM today.

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2016, 08:40 PM
One of the first I would pick every week, solid performer, but getting better as each week passes.....

SkintHibby
30-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Best we've had since Turnbull.

Stubbs has had to build a team from virtually nothing whereas Mowbray was left with decent players who were always going to get better.

Better than McLeish? Hibs had an absolutely brilliant team under McLeish.

Aldo
30-01-2016, 08:41 PM
For years, at 2-1 with 10 mins to go we'd be crapping ourselves about the inevitable equaliser. Hibs and the opposition just know it's coming. Not any more. This lot are made of sterner stuff. That's what makes Wotherspoon and Craig's comments in the press about Hibs not handling big occasions and pressure of playing fro Hibs , so laughable and out of touch. Stubbs has built a team with more than a little character and backbone, and one which the Hibs supporters can be proud of. Hanlon is a key part of that.

Reading between the lines it was them that couldn't handle playing for the club. As a player you should aspire to play at the highest level possible. Both were. 'Not good enough' and unable to handle the pressure. Simple as that.

We've now signed the likes of McGinn and McGeouch who seem to thrive at the so called pressure a bigger club brings (well for McGinn anyway)

Poor comments TBH

IWasThere2016
30-01-2016, 08:44 PM
Was superb today - as were McGeouch and McGinn.

Jonnyboy
30-01-2016, 08:48 PM
No failures today IMO but for me, Hanlon shaded MotM

3pm

#shutup

scoopyboy

McLeish is a funny one, a brilliant team he built no doubt but he had money thrown at him, money we didn't have.

However the team he left us with was poor and it was down to him.

lucky
30-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Really ? I thought Fontaine was back to his best today - threw himself at two shots last 10 in our box which saved possible equaliser - do you think he played badly today ? Or you rate Darren more ? I loved Liam chasing what looked like a wasted pass and keeping it in play when everyone else stopped -that desire was all over the pitch today.

Paul Hanlon played well today but has been better.

I prefer Mcgregor, he gives the centre of defence a better balance. I thought LF was sloppy with his passing and should have done better at their goal

Pretty Boy
30-01-2016, 09:19 PM
He's developed into a superb player.

It's been said before but if he had stayed fit a couple of seasons back we wouldn't be in the league we are now.

TAHibby
30-01-2016, 09:20 PM
One moment of what looked like real danger when O'Halloran was in, didn't panic cleanly won the ball without going to ground

MagicSwirlingShip
30-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Paul has came into his own the last 18 months. Him getting injured was one of the main reasons in our relagation.

Fonts and him look very solid together, and the only downside in them playing together is we're having to leave Mcgregor out the team, who has been arguably the signing of the season (despite his display at Ibrox)

We have as strong a squad at the moment as I can remember. Bring on the Jambos!:thumbsup:

The Harp Awakes
30-01-2016, 09:32 PM
A class act. Get him signed up please.

Onion
30-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Reading between the lines it was them that couldn't handle playing for the club. As a player you should aspire to play at the highest level possible. Both were. 'Not good enough' and unable to handle the pressure. Simple as that.

We've now signed the likes of McGinn and McGeouch who seem to thrive at the so called pressure a bigger club brings (well for McGinn anyway)

Poor comments TBH

Agreed. How good does it feel to have players who don't implode when the pressure is on ? I almost forgot what that felt like !

IMO this is the best squad of players we've had at the club since that great 2007 side, by a distance.

Super_JMcGinn
30-01-2016, 09:35 PM
No failures today IMO but for me, Hanlon shaded MotM

Deary me Johnny, if you think Hanlon was anywhere near as good as Dylan or Mcginn today you nee a loan of my specs

Greenblood70
30-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Paul has been outstanding this season. Almost flawless.

JohnM1875
30-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Different class, yet again he has strolled the game. Was against a wee nippy striker and a bit crappy target man and handled both with incredible ease. Can't remember the last time I seen him 'bullied' in a game now since Stubbs' came in, really is an outstanding defender and footballer :top marks

Was saying exactly the same to my mate after the game. A few years ago a big criticism would have been Hanlon being bossed too easily off strikers. But cannot remember the last time that happened. He has been outstanding this season and his reading of the game is fantastic.

Borderhibbie76
30-01-2016, 09:56 PM
Fontaine was also outstanding today. ..baffled at this tbh??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jones28
30-01-2016, 10:05 PM

A team built with money we didn't have?

Peevemor
30-01-2016, 10:12 PM
A team built with money we didn't have?

Hibs debt was up to £18m when McLeish left. Things went downhill for him at Hibs when he could no longer bring in a new player every few weeks to freshen things up.

Jonnyboy
30-01-2016, 10:37 PM
Deary me Johnny, if you think Hanlon was anywhere near as good as Dylan or Mcginn today you nee a loan of my specs

Hanlon played well enough for me, thanks :aok:

Northernhibee
30-01-2016, 11:49 PM
Hanlon would do well in the Championship down south. Positioning is great, distribution also, doesn't get bullied, a really classy defender who is the right age.

truehibernian
30-01-2016, 11:54 PM
Hanlon played well enough for me, thanks :aok:

I thought Paul's passing was off today JB - I thought Fontaine was excellent.

What pleased me about Hanlon / Fontaine last 10 was how they dealt with the hoofball Saints adopted.

Jonnyboy
30-01-2016, 11:55 PM
I thought Paul's passing was off today JB - I thought Fontaine was excellent.

What pleased me about Hanlon / Fontaine last 10 was how they dealt with the hoofball Saints adopted.

Aye, one or two went astray :agree:

wookie70
31-01-2016, 12:00 AM

I would have agreed with that a couple of games ago but we was decent last week and excellent today.

Baader
31-01-2016, 12:23 AM
Always been a classy defender who can read the game rather than the throw your body on the line type desperation you see with some other centre halves usually because theyve been caught out of position.

Been said before but we wouldn't have been relegated if he had been fit during the Butcher debacle. Paul just needed proper coaching to up his game to the next level - something he (and everyone else) is clearly receiving now at last.

Brightside
31-01-2016, 12:23 AM

I will happily get banned for this...but you my dear fellow are a complete and utter fudd. Zero understanding of our team and what Paul Hanlon brings to it. He continues to play out of position and continues to be a total rock. 100% motm today. Every ball they pumped in he swallowed and sent forward. Go find a team you support.

pedroorange1875
31-01-2016, 12:28 AM
I will happily get banned for this...but you my dear fellow are a complete and utter fudd. Zero understanding of our team and what Paul Hanlon brings to it. He continues to play out of position and continues to be a total rock. 100% motm today. Every ball they pumped in he swallowed and sent forward. Go find a team you support.

Except the ball pumped in for the goal, where he was hopelessly out of position doing this "play out of position" you mention.....clueless

Brightside
31-01-2016, 12:30 AM
Except the ball pumped in for the goal, where he was hopelessly out of position doing this "play out of position" you mention.....clueless

you are also miles wrong. seriously go watch some football.

truehibernian
31-01-2016, 12:33 AM

Fontaine lost footing and cleared with his head on all fours - think you'll find it was David Gray being out jumped - it was a well placed and directed header simple as that.

pedroorange1875
31-01-2016, 12:34 AM
you are also miles wrong. seriously go watch some football.

our manager even mentioned being disappointed on second phase ball...second phase ball you dont go hairing out of position...you consolidated the danger, he is a central defender who on the second phase was nowhere near the centre. I watch enough football

you are right though he does a lot for the team and is improving well

truehibernian
31-01-2016, 12:37 AM
our manager even mentioned being disappointed on second phase ball...second phase ball you dont go hairing out of position...you consolidated the danger, he is a central defender who on the second phase was nowhere near the centre. I watch enough football

you are right though he does a lot for the team and is improving well

Who 'hared out of position' ? Real time it was dinked in by Spoony immediately after a quick attempt to clear ?? You make it sound like we had plenty time to set up a bank of four - Paul Hanlon wasn't at fault whatsoever - it was a well taken goal simple as that.

pedroorange1875
31-01-2016, 12:42 AM
Who 'hared out of position' ? Real time it was dinked in by Spoony immediately after a quick attempt to clear ?? You make it sound like we had plenty time to set up a bank of four - Paul Hanlon wasn't at fault whatsoever - it was a well taken goal simple as that.

Im not saying he was at fault im pointing out, which is undeniable he was out of position, as he has been found out previously. Are you seriously arguing he is not out of position?

Yes the good cross comes in and great header is scored and maybe even if he was there that doesnt stop it. The Hanlon love in is a little over the score, he's been found wanting big time in the past. Yes he is improving and having a good season i agree and he had a good game, but there were loads in front for MOTM. Lets hope his improvement continues and we continue the great form

hfc rd
31-01-2016, 02:28 AM
Hanlon strolled it again. Fontaine was also quality. Definitely my favourite pairing

This. Both McLean & O'Halloran were kept quiet.

Super_JMcGinn
31-01-2016, 02:52 AM

His first 2 headers were somewhat powder puff in the extreme, but let's not let that get in the way of things Paul :)

truehibernian
31-01-2016, 02:59 AM
His first 2 headers were somewhat powder puff in the extreme, but let's not let that get in the way of things Paul :)

Did you watch the last 10 (+4 minutes) ?

Paul Hanlon and Liam Fontaine mopped up everything launched at them !

Super_JMcGinn
31-01-2016, 03:12 AM
Did you watch the last 10 (+4 minutes) ?

Paul Hanlon and Liam Fontaine mopped up everything launched at them !

I did, and they did, I'm not saying otherwise. But to some on here Hanlon can do no wrong. I'm all for bigging up any Hibs player, but to me Paul is not good enough. I hope I am proved wrong and he goes on to represent his country with distinction.

Pete
31-01-2016, 03:13 AM
People arguing over who was better.:rolleyes:

Answer is that they were all great yesterday and played as a team. Lots of candidates for man of the match and they all have a case.

Let's just bask in the glory.

We're all going to Hampden, Hearts will be in Shandon:flag:

truehibernian
31-01-2016, 03:32 AM
I did, and they did, I'm not saying otherwise. But to some on here Hanlon can do no wrong. I'm all for bigging up any Hibs player, but to me Paul is not good enough. I hope I am proved wrong and he goes on to represent his country with distinction.

Sounds like you want Puyol at Hibs - we are where we are - I was a huge critic of Paul but tell you what he's first name on the team sheet last two seasons.

Super_JMcGinn
31-01-2016, 03:39 AM
Sounds like you want Puyol at Hibs - we are where we are - I was a huge critic of Paul but tell you what he's first name on the team sheet last two seasons.

I want the best at Hibs of course I do, I'm not saying otherwise, I just feel we could do a whole lot better. In this current Hibs team any half decent centre half shouldn't look out of place. He's there to win headers in the box and defend, nothing more nothing less.

ACLeith
31-01-2016, 08:08 AM
If I had to pick my POTY so far that I really couldn't separate John McGinn and Paul Hanlon. Totally different styles of course but again yesterday PH dominated good Premiership players. His reading of the game is excellent, one occasion when Dylan (I think) had the ball in our half but had no out ball due to Saints good covering, PH read it, stepped forward just a few yards, received the ball and set up play. Simple perhaps, but showed his quality and "fitba brain".

Aldo
31-01-2016, 08:59 AM

Yeah but he wasn't out of position...... He was marking his player?? What was he's opposed to do?? Double up on another player in the box and leave the man he was marking to run free in the box.

Paul didn't ball watch he did his job and marked his man.

Paul Hanlon was not a fault for their goal and if we are going to point fingers then Fontaine for his slip instead of clearing or Gray for not tucking in enough when the ball was played in or the Midfield for standing watching as the boy crossed it in.

I personally think your fishing for responses either that or you've not got much of a clue about how football should be played.

Go watch it again. PH is not at fault.

Aldo
31-01-2016, 09:02 AM
our manager even mentioned being disappointed on second phase ball...second phase ball you dont go hairing out of position...you consolidated the danger, he is a central defender who on the second phase was nowhere near the centre. I watch enough football you are right though he does a lot for the team and is improving well

Seconded phased ball should of been picked up by MF IMHO following a poor attempt at clearance from Fontaine.

Boy had time to pick his spot, was not closed down and they scored a goal.

Think you fail to grasp the concept that PH was marking his player and didn't just 'abandon' his duties.

Brightside
31-01-2016, 09:21 AM
If I had to pick my POTY so far that I really couldn't separate John McGinn and Paul Hanlon. Totally different styles of course but again yesterday PH dominated good Premiership players. His reading of the game is excellent, one occasion when Dylan (I think) had the ball in our half but had no out ball due to Saints good covering, PH read it, stepped forward just a few yards, received the ball and set up play. Simple perhaps, but showed his quality and "fitba brain".

Pointed out exact same thing to others at the game. A proper footballing CH.

LaMotta
31-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Yeah but he wasn't out of position...... He was marking his player?? What was he's opposed to do?? Double up on another player in the box and leave the man he was marking to run free in the box.

Paul didn't ball watch he did his job and marked his man.

Paul Hanlon was not a fault for their goal and if we are going to point fingers then Fontaine for his slip instead of clearing or Gray for not tucking in enough when the ball was played in or the Midfield for standing watching as the boy crossed it in.

I personally think your fishing for responses either that or you've not got much of a clue about how football should be played.

Go watch it again. PH is not at fault.

Exactly.

All this out of position chat is drivel. His man leaves the box so Hanlon shouldnt follow him because he is a CH?? Rubbish.

H18S NX
31-01-2016, 09:32 AM
I will happily get banned for this...but you my dear fellow are a complete and utter fudd. Zero understanding of our team and what Paul Hanlon brings to it. He continues to play out of position and continues to be a total rock. 100% motm today. Every ball they pumped in he swallowed and sent forward. Go find a team you support....:aok:

Albanian Hibs
31-01-2016, 09:48 AM

Paul is not good enough?? 😂😂😂

bigwheel
31-01-2016, 09:50 AM

This comment above reads like a parody, as have some of your others..I'm guessing you're on the wind up...

Mr White
31-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Paolo Handini.

Borderhibbie76
31-01-2016, 10:25 AM

Your posts are extreme and thats saying something on here...something tells me you would have been right st home at PBS yesterday. If Im wrong then have a word as you seriously disrespect the team your supposedly love and support...dearie me

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2016, 11:03 AM

Yep we commented on this at the time too,stepped up and made an angle for Dylan to play a simple ball when it looked like he was covered everywhere.A simple act maybe but showed his reading of the game and awareness perfectly.

FranckSuzy
31-01-2016, 11:16 AM
This comment above reads like a parody, as have some of your others..I'm guessing you're on the wind up...

:agree:

ACLeith
31-01-2016, 02:15 PM
Every time we lose a goal, it seems that some on here have to find someone to blame. OK, there are times when it's down to an individual mistake, but that's what comes of recruiting human beings and not robots.

I decided to watch the goal very closely. I'll ignore the fact that it looks like 2 Saints players are marginally offside when the free kick was taken. Liam F slipped and headed the ball when lying on the ground. If he hadn't then an easy clearance. Then a bit of Ping-Pong in the box, laid back to Wotherspoon who measured a precise cross - maybe the best thing he did for them in the whole game - and an excellent header that was in from the moment it left his head. The time from LF's header to DW cross was 5 seconds, hardly any time for the defence to regroup and pick up men.

The goal was therefore a mixture of bad luck and good play by the opposition, but no, let's find someone to blame. Surprised nobody seems to be having a go at Oxley, he usually is in the front-line for this, if he had left the right hand side of his goal gaping then he could have got to the header :wink:

31-01-2016, 02:19 PM
Good thread. Totally agree with it. If it wasn't for McGinn, Hanlon would have been MOM today.

Agreed. Or McGeough, I thought he was brilliant yesterday as well.

Smartie
31-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Every time we lose a goal, it seems that some on here have to find someone to blame. OK, there are times when it's down to an individual mistake, but that's what comes of recruiting human beings and not robots.

I decided to watch the goal very closely. I'll ignore the fact that it looks like 2 Saints players are marginally offside when the free kick was taken. Liam F slipped and headed the ball when lying on the ground. If he hadn't then an easy clearance. Then a bit of Ping-Pong in the box, laid back to Wotherspoon who measured a precise cross - maybe the best thing he did for them in the whole game - and an excellent header that was in from the moment it left his head. The time from LF's header to DW cross was 5 seconds, hardly any time for the defence to regroup and pick up men.

The goal was therefore a mixture of bad luck and good play by the opposition, but no, let's find someone to blame. Surprised nobody seems to be having a go at Oxley, he usually is in the front-line for this, if he had left the right hand side of his goal gaping then he could have got to the header :wink:

Way too much common sense in this post, exactly how I see it too.

It's important that we carry out a post-mortem when we lose goals but it is all pointless if it is purely a witch-hunt seeking to attach blame.

If somebody or something is wrong - fine, acknowledge it and seek to correct it.

Sometimes you have to accept that goals are lost through bad luck or excellent opposition play.

Looking to attach blame and correct a problem when that problem simply doesn't exist is counter-productive.

Seveno
31-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Paul took a really hard knock in the ribs yesterday. I hope he is fit for Wednesday and particularly Sunday.

Stantons Angel
31-01-2016, 03:22 PM
A class act. Get him signed up please.

Agree, Hibs will no doubt know how much he means to the team. I thought McGinn was superb yesterday but i have to say that Hanlon would have gotten my MOM vote, he was MAGNIFICENT!

I read recently that being a one club player at Hibs would appeal to him!

So go sign him up soon. I dont think he will be hard to deal with Stubb!

3pm
31-01-2016, 03:59 PM
Fontaine played really well yesterday.

Super_JMcGinn
01-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Pointed out exact same thing to others at the game. A proper footballing CH. Gave away
the free kick that led to the goal, posted missing in the centre of defence where his position is no ? But let's stop the name calling please, we are all entitled to our opinion.
FWIW I hope I end up with egg on my face and Paul turns out to be the bees knees :)

matty_f
01-02-2016, 08:35 PM
Gave away
the free kick that led to the goal, posted missing in the centre of defence where his position is no ? But let's stop the name calling please, we are all entitled to our opinion.
FWIW I hope I end up with egg on my face and Paul turns out to be the bees knees :)

Should never have been a free kick, and he already is the bee's knees. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
01-02-2016, 08:38 PM
Gave away

The free kick that was wrongly awarded you mean?

Aldo
01-02-2016, 08:43 PM
Gave away the free kick that led to the goal, posted missing in the centre of defence where his position is no ? But let's stop the name calling please, we are all entitled to our opinion. FWIW I hope I end up with egg on my face and Paul turns out to be the bees knees :)

You just don't get it do you with this positional thing. He was marking a specific player and was probably told to mark a specific player at set pieces before the game. If we had been playing zonal marking then yes but he's wasn't.

As for the free kick... If you think that was a free kick then your at it.

FWIW I think your just being totally awkward and fishing. Regardless of what folk out to you you will never get the marking theory.

You have egg on your face because Paul Hanlon is one of the best players at the club and I'll go as far to say probably in the top 5 CH's playing in Scottish football this very moment!

Hiber-nation
01-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Gave away

Paul is the "bees knees".

Jonnyboy
01-02-2016, 08:50 PM
You just don't get it do you with this positional thing. He was marking a specific player and was probably told to mark a specific player at set pieces before the game. If we had been playing zonal marking then yes but he's wasn't.

As for the free kick... If you think that was a free kick then your at it.

FWIW I think your just being totally awkward and fishing. Regardless of what folk out to you you will never get the marking theory.

You have egg on your face because Paul Hanlon is one of the best players at the club and I'll go as far to say probably in the top 5 CH's playing in Scottish football this very moment!

There Are None So Blind
As Those Who Will Not See

:wink:

Aldo
01-02-2016, 08:52 PM
There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See :wink:

;-)

patch1875
01-02-2016, 09:21 PM
Paul took a really hard knock in the ribs yesterday. I hope he is fit for Wednesday and particularly Sunday.

Would be better if it was Tuesday ;-)

Big L
01-02-2016, 09:35 PM
I never thought I'd hear me say it, but, I thimk Hanlon might be off. He would get a game and a lot more money from many an English championship club, and who would blame him!!

matty_f
01-02-2016, 09:41 PM
I never thought I'd hear me say it, but, I thimk Hanlon might be off. He would get a game and a lot more money from many an English championship club, and who would blame him!!

Me.

ACLeith
01-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Gave away

A few of us have given examples of why we hold Paul in high regard. Be good if you could respond to these examples to show why you think we are misguided. IMO his reading of the game is outstanding, it is not down to luck that he regularly happens to be where the ball arrives. Managers down the years - both good, not so good and bad - have had him as a first pick, they can't all have been wrong?

Brightside
01-02-2016, 09:58 PM
A few of us have given examples of why we hold Paul in high regard. Be good if you could respond to these examples to show why you think we are misguided. IMO his reading of the game is outstanding, it is not down to luck that he regularly happens to be where the ball arrives. Managers down the years - both good, not so good and bad - have had him as a first pick, they can't all have been wrong?

We can't have everyone liking me. :greengrin

Super_JMcGinn
01-02-2016, 10:33 PM
As I have said, it is my opinion he is not good enough. He cannot head a ball, he isn't strong enough in the challenge ,and those are but 2 of the reasons. If he were that good would we be where we are ? would Paul be here ? It is my opinion that is all. I have seen him weakly head a ball out of play, or to the opposition one too many times, I am sorry if that doesn't sit well on here.

The_Horde
01-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Gave away

A free kick that was never a free kick in a million years?

BoomtownHibees
01-02-2016, 10:36 PM
As I have said, it is my opinion he is not good enough. He cannot head a ball, he isn't strong enough in the challenge ,and those are but 2 of the reasons. If he were that good would we be where we are ? would Paul be here ? It is my opinion that is all. I have seen him weakly head a ball out of play, or to the opposition one too many times, I am sorry if that doesn't sit well on here.

Only doesn't sit well because it's bollocks

Brightside
01-02-2016, 10:37 PM

He can't head a ball and he's not strong in the challenge? Utter bollix. You really don't watch football..stop talking mince "gail"

bigwheel
01-02-2016, 10:39 PM
He can't head a ball and he's not strong in the challenge? Utter bollix. You really don't watch football..stop talking mince "gail"

No. Clearly doesn't watch games closely - Think it's Gail Tilsley from Corrie !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACLeith
01-02-2016, 10:41 PM

I disagree with everything you say but we're just not going to persuade each other so I'll leave it there. The difference between us is I know I'm right 🙄 😈

Jonnyboy
01-02-2016, 10:45 PM

Pointless trying to debate with someone so entrenched in their views.

Libby Hibby
01-02-2016, 10:48 PM
Ban this 'Gail' character, complete troll...granted, i have not been one of Hanlons biggest fans in the past but I genuinely can't fault him this season and I know things as I'm a fitbaw man, ye ken

FranckSuzy
01-02-2016, 11:40 PM
I think I know who 'Gail' is......

Aldo
02-02-2016, 06:48 AM

You've made your mind up and I've definitely made my mind up.....

Eaststand
02-02-2016, 07:23 AM
Ban this 'Gail' character, complete troll...granted, i have not been one of Hanlons biggest fans in the past but I genuinely can't fault him this season and I know things as I'm a fitbaw man, ye ken

I reckon this poster ''gail'' is really Gale - blowin a load o wind 🍃

GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
02-02-2016, 07:30 AM
Pointless trying to debate with someone so entrenched in their views.

Pointless trying to debate with someone who clearly has not seen Hanlon play this season,there's having an opinion and there's totally dismissing what he does week in,week out unless you haven't seen him. Of course my apologies to Gail if she has sight problems.

GreenOnions
02-02-2016, 07:32 AM
I think "Gail" is doing an excellent job of making his/her own point appear ridiculous. Maybe this is a cunning piece of reverse psychology?

Paul is our best defender and I'd love him to extend his contract with us.

Oscar T Grouch
02-02-2016, 08:00 AM
Is there not a poster called Gail on kickback? If you look at their posting history it's easy to draw a conclusion. Take a popular player and slate them without foundation or presentable evidence, defend that positive badly by repeating what you said originally without, again, presenting evidence to support your claim.