PDA

View Full Version : How bad is the home of Edinburgh's "big team"??

LithgaeHibby
30-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Deathtrap main stand made of wood and asbestos with Calor gas heaters in the hospitality suites.
Gradients of stands on 3 sides so dangerously steep, all because their cramped site is boxed in on four sides.
Pitch so small that it doesn't even meet UEFA regulations.
Totally confusing seat numbers.
Gorgie Stand concourse that is cramped and open to the elements.
Capacity of only 16,900.
It's a cut-price operation they've got going there, for sure.

Facilities in our main stand, Famous Five stand and the community rooms in the South Stand put this to shame. Our East Stand has development potential as well, and the concourse is often used for Hibs kids events. It's night and day.

But wait, it's one of the best grounds in the country for atmosphere, we're always being told.

Hibeesmad
30-01-2016, 07:29 PM
I didn't realise it was that bad until I actually got into the stadium, sat in the wheatfield, hole in the toilet roof and things flying from the kiosk because of the wind, disgusting place

ancient hibee
30-01-2016, 07:29 PM
Old stand very narrow passageways and stairs that turn back on themselves.Impossible to exit quickly in an emergency.Absolutely ridiculous that it is allowed to be used as it is.Capacity should be cut immediately.

McD
30-01-2016, 07:31 PM
It's a hole.

cant see how health and safety let them get away with staircases 1 person wide to get out of the ancient pile of a main stand.

and there's zero leg room to sit in their crappy seats.

dump
:jamboak:

MWHIBBIES
30-01-2016, 07:32 PM
The seating plan is beyond a joke.

Canon Hannan
30-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Poorly built and small.

30-01-2016, 07:33 PM
Embarrassment of a stadium for a so called "big team" :faf:

*****hole of a ground

kenny.ff
30-01-2016, 07:34 PM
Dump of a place.also getting out at the end took forever.

hibee
30-01-2016, 07:34 PM
Several people fell down the stairs in the "lower tier" of the Wheatfield and the seat next to me spun right round and threw a child into the row in front. It's been many years since I've been there and hopefully many more before I return. Should not be given a safety certificate.

Hibernia&Alba
30-01-2016, 07:36 PM
It's very run down; dangerous in parts. The steep stands and enclosed feeling make for a good atmosphere, but the place is a tip - appropriate for those who usually patronise it. At least if/when they re-build the main stand they'll only have another three stands to go, before they have a decent stadium. Easter Road is incomparably superior.

Golden Bear
30-01-2016, 07:36 PM
I was in the back row of the main stand and let's say had a "restricted view." Lost sight of the ball everytime it was booted into the air and could only see the crowd that were seated towards the front of the other stands. Spent the entire 90 mins standing but it's got to be said, what a great atmosphere!

cabbageandribs1875
30-01-2016, 07:37 PM
does it not just make you appreciate what a crackin stadium our club have built for us :agree: never been in the west stand at ours but the first time i entered the new east stand i was gobsmacked at the concourse area

Scott Allan Key
30-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Two toilets, not urinals but bogs for whole sections of the main stand. And they looked like museum exhibits. Utterly laughable. I wanted to take a photo of the epitome of that s***hole of a stadium but thought of the queue outside.

Still, only got better from there, well done Hibs but poor show SPFL and Hearts to allow such a poor facility to be used for a major cup semi between two top clubs.

sambajustice
30-01-2016, 07:40 PM
You should see the changing rooms. The away one is on a par with something at the Jack Kane or Gyle pitches.

Passable for amateur teams, unbelievable that professional teams have to use them, diabolical but fit in with the rest of the shambolic stadium.

seanshow
30-01-2016, 07:40 PM
trying to get a pish at HT was comical and that was in the 'modern' stand. :rolleyes:

lord bunberry
30-01-2016, 07:41 PM
The turnstiles in the Wheatfield were like a throwback to the early 80s, the whole stadium is cheap and nasty.

hibee_girl
30-01-2016, 07:43 PM
We went for the Wheatfield stand today thinking it would be better than their main stand, we were wrong.

To have so few turnstiles for a stand that big just doesn't make sense!

SaulGoodman
30-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Glad I wasn't claustrophobic after trying to get out at FT from the main stand.

If there was a fire we'd all be ****ed.

Libby Hibby
30-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Someone, somewhere must've took photos of the death trap and upload them on here so we can all have a right laugh

mutley
30-01-2016, 07:47 PM
I thought about starting a similar thread. My thoughts: (I was in the Wheatfield)
Turnstiles- how narrow and ancient are they? I'm sure a few larger people must struggle.
Toilets- a total state.
Section/seat numbering- very confusing, then when in my seat it was very cramped.
(Although I will admit that the cushioning was quite comfy).
Catering- pie and coffee pretty standard (I didn't get them so can't comment on price or service).
Pitch- how small is it, no wonder we didn't use subs until late, our guys weren't tired out as they are used to running around a much larger area.
Atmosphere- the only reason it's so noisy is again due to how small the place is, it would be the same as taking the sound system from a cinema and playing it in your bathroom.
The announcer - got the times wrong!
Stadium scoreboard/clock- there wasn't one!

I could probably go on but that's my main observations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
30-01-2016, 07:50 PM
You should see the changing rooms. The away one is on a par with something at the Jack Kane or Gyle pitches. Passable for amateur teams, unbelievable that professional teams have to use them, diabolical but fit in with the rest of the shambolic stadium.

Indeed. Played there in the Charity Match a good few years ago (won 3-4) and it's fair to say they were poor then.

Won't be long before they build their new all singing all dancing new main stand.... Maybe not.

After all the millions they cheated out of folk they could of at least built something that isn't an embarrassment.

Junior teams have better facilities

SkintHibby
30-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Loving this thread. :-D

LithgaeHibby
30-01-2016, 07:52 PM
I was in the main stand for the league cup semi final in 2007, and I remember wondering at the time how on earth that shack manages to get a safety certificate. As we know, nothing has changed.

tomhorn
30-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Some stadium like. Like something from war torn Soviet Bloc. Like a map on C.O.D 4.

Famous Fiver
30-01-2016, 07:53 PM
People are made bigger since the days of the old turnstiles.

Chap in front of me got stuck. Hilarious.

Didn't hang about to see how they got him out, I did a quick swerve into the next one.

Embarrassment of a ground.

adhibs
30-01-2016, 07:54 PM
The demolition site underneath the wheatfield was unreal. Absolute **** hole

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2016, 07:55 PM
Its a hovel.....

Embarrassing......

30-01-2016, 07:56 PM
But guys remember this is how all the "big teams" have their stadiums. Not that we would know, being such a "wee team" n all that :rolleyes:

Ricky Bobby
30-01-2016, 07:58 PM
In the Gorgie stand today.
The toilets were a state and that was 20 mins before kick off.
Cramped seating, my knees were hitting the back of the person in front, and i am 5' 6". I dont know how taller folk cope.

Still looking over to the Main stand i was glad i was not in that, an accident waiting to happen.

emerald green
30-01-2016, 08:00 PM
As others have mentioned, it took far too long to get out of the Wheatfield stand. Health & Safety issue? Presumably the appropriate authorities are satisfied there isn't an issue there?

Even before Tynecastle became the PBS it was a s***hole, and it still is.

Real Emerald
30-01-2016, 08:01 PM
I actually had a great day. Catering and pies were great, padded seat waa fantastic and looking out at that old stand where my dad took me as kid brought the memories back. It's a really good old fashioned stadium and I like it, sorry!

Waxy
30-01-2016, 08:06 PM
My seat was in row 2 Gorgie end. I was surprised to find this was actually the bottom row.( where did row 1 go?).And the place kinda seems well.............small.That main stand is antique.Oh well not our problem.

Bishop Hibee
30-01-2016, 08:07 PM
We've got a stadium, they've got a Gorgie slum.

Hibrandenburg
30-01-2016, 08:12 PM
My seat was in row 2 Gorgie end. I was surprised to find this was actually the bottom row.( where did row 1 go?).And the place kinda seems well.............small.That main stand is antique.Oh well not our problem.

Row 1 is the subs bench.

we are hibs
30-01-2016, 08:14 PM
its shocking how cramped it is and how close the seats are to each other.

Hibernia&Alba
30-01-2016, 08:16 PM
its shocking how cramped it is and how close the seats are to each other.

Think of the poor yams, many of whom are super morbidly obese and must squeeze their blubber into that tiny space every fortnight. :lolyam:

lord bunberry
30-01-2016, 08:17 PM
There wasn't any row numbers, I had to count from the front back, God knows how these illiterate Neanderthals manage it each week.

loanheadhibby
30-01-2016, 08:18 PM
Two toilets, not urinals but bogs for whole sections of the main stand. And they looked like museum exhibits. Utterly laughable. I wanted to take a photo of the epitome of that s***hole of a stadium but thought of the queue outside.

Still, only got better from there, well done Hibs but poor show SPFL and Hearts to allow such a poor facility to be used for a major cup semi between two top clubs.

i was in main stand as well. Laughable having a semi final in that dump. Anyone above 5ft 2 had their knees up to their chin. The toilets were laughable as well. How do they get away with it?

Never should a neutral game be held at that venue.

SuperAllyMcleod
I noticed the posters for the new Hearts Museum opening in summer 2016. I thought to myself at the time that they have the biggest museum exhibit in the world - the whole stadium.

It's such a throwback - and not in a good way! They really are in trouble when they start spending money on 'improving' it.

Still, construction of the new stand must be due to start in 4 months - I wonder if you can get odds on that?

Hibernia&Alba
There wasn't any row numbers, I had to count from the front back, God knows how these illiterate Neanderthals manage it each week.

Their carers sort it. :greengrin

pedroorange1875
30-01-2016, 08:20 PM
my seat was broken before i sat down, completely pointing to the ground when unfolded and that is a named season ticket seat. I can only assume the guy doesn't go or never sits down. the ground is a proper hole

Pretty Boy
30-01-2016, 08:20 PM
Absolute dump.

The walkways and staircases are totally unfit for purpose, ridiculously overcrowded.

It was done on the cheap and it shows. *****hole.

Thecat23
30-01-2016, 08:21 PM
Ok let's be honest, it's a good stadium that keeps noise in but...steps are horrible, the exits are terrible to try get out, pitch is actually tiny and I've played on bigger public parks. The main stand looks worse than I thought to be honest.

Over all they don't need a new main stand they 4 new stands are very dated and it's all tin.

CraigHibee
30-01-2016, 08:23 PM
complete toilet, thats what it is :aok:

matty_f
30-01-2016, 08:23 PM
*****hole. An utter dump.

Hiber-nation
30-01-2016, 08:25 PM
How does that main stand get a safety certificate? The stand that time forgot. An absolute hovel.

iwasthere1972
30-01-2016, 08:27 PM
The urinals were that bad that I witnessed someone having a pee in the sink.

E10 Rifle
30-01-2016, 08:31 PM
The proximity of the stands to the pitch makes it really 'in your face', which I like. But the main stand is the worst I have ever been in, death trap, passed only by Hearts-daft city councillors (influencing others) probably.

As someone else has said. Makes you appreciate ER. Plus the local pubs shut their doors too to us post match. They might claim to the big team, but they have a wee mentality.

Glad to be a Hibee today - whatever comes our way - we support the better team in EH.

Jonnyboy
30-01-2016, 09:12 PM
You know it's pretty bad when it makes Central Park, Cowdenbeath look appealing :greengrin

Onion
30-01-2016, 09:17 PM
Enjoyed the view, padded seat and result, but the rest was a total disgrace. They really need to flatten the whole thing and start again.

Adding a new stand to that cesspit would be like putting lipstick on a pig.

GreenCastle
30-01-2016, 09:19 PM
It's a dump and they know it.

The Q down the street to get into the Wheatfield before kick off. Easily 200-300 deep.

They have about 7 turnstiles for a whole stand.

Exiting the stadium - one walk way it seemed leaving the wheatfield with a barrier in the way - people would easily get crushed if there was an emergency.

The away dressing room is the smallest I've seen in Scotland along with Forfar and Ayr United.

The pitch is so small and you can see why a hoof ball team with big physical players does well there. You also know those will be the tactics next week. Crosses and more crosses.

Can't wait to see this new stand..when's the so called announcement anyway..all gone a little quiet.

broondog
30-01-2016, 09:20 PM
It's an absolute ****hole. But knew that well in advance of going to the game today

Golden Bear
30-01-2016, 09:21 PM
The proximity of the stands to the pitch makes it really 'in your face', which I like. But the main stand is the worst I have ever been in, death trap, passed only by Hearts-daft city councillors (influencing others) probably.

As someone else has said. Makes you appreciate ER. Plus the local pubs shut their doors too to us post match. They might claim to the big team, but they have a wee mentality.

Glad to be a Hibee today - whatever comes our way - we support the better team in EH.

The Tynecastle Arms was "St Johnstone supporters'. only pre match. Victimisation I tell Ye!

hibby6270
30-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Enjoyed the view, padded seat and result, but the rest was a total disgrace. They really need to flatten the whole thing and start again.

Adding a new stand to that cesspit would be like putting lipstick on a pig.

:agree::greengrin

GreenCastle
30-01-2016, 09:25 PM
This big team pish also..

Biggest bunch of bell ends !

alnewhaven
30-01-2016, 09:26 PM
Hassle finding seats in main stand. Thought we'd found them but turned out to be wrong ones. The handrail on the main staircase was a bit disconcerting when it wobbled. And if there'd been an emergency we wouldn't have made it out

oconnors_strip
30-01-2016, 09:27 PM
The turnstiles to get in to the wheatfield are so small! My dad isn't the slimmest and has health problems, he got stuck trying to enter the stadium and had to get a security supervisor to come and help him!!

GreenCastle
30-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Hassle finding seats in main stand. Thought we'd found them but turned out to be wrong ones. The handrail on the main staircase was a bit disconcerting when it wobbled. And if there'd been an emergency we wouldn't have made it out

Sat in the stand for a non hearts event and that main stand is very confusing with the seating plan.

The concourse is a maze and the views are terrible with the pillars. Sooner it gets flattened the better.

I also remember the non existent leg room and a sore back for a week after.

Pete
30-01-2016, 09:50 PM
The steep gradient and closeness of the stands does make for a good atmosphere. From the main stand it looked good because you had three others towering above you and you felt really closed in due to there being no gaps between them. It was a blast from the past sitting/standing on an old terracing and I really enjoyed it. The view was ok yet you were really close to the action.
As much as I liked the enclosure, the main stand isn't fit for purpose any more. The facilities are laughable and I'm sure the average human was a different shape when it was built.
While the other three stands might be more modern and have gradient issues (even though they are the same as our top tiers and the east) the real problem is that they are shells built on the cheap. Even though our Dunbar and east are sparse they are in a better knick than their roseburn and wheat field. Our FF puts their gorgie to shame and they will have to build a main stand with 21st century facilities.

KingFranck
30-01-2016, 09:54 PM
I was in the main stand and my daughter said on the way in its like the entrance to a haunted house...
I thought we'd rented the Tardis and gone back to 1920 what a disgrace this stand is still allowed to open complete death trap,if a fire started it would kill loads as said before exit stairs one person wide shocking should pull it down before there's a disaster

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2016, 09:57 PM
How tight are those turnstiles, I had to do a massive inner suction action to get through:-)

Pete
30-01-2016, 10:02 PM
I was in the main stand and my daughter said on the way in its like the entrance to a haunted house...

lol that's the description I was looking for.

As for the turnstiles, it's clear that the 1910's diet wasn't high in sugars or empty calories.

HappyAsHellas
30-01-2016, 10:06 PM
Got sent these pictures of the thoroughly modern toilet facilities in what is laughingly called the main stand:1598515986

California-Hibs
30-01-2016, 10:14 PM
The funny thing is they seriously make fun of our stadium and think they have a superior one.......seriously!!

kennyh
30-01-2016, 10:22 PM
In the Gorgie end nearest the main stand row 7 seat 7 (lucky # for some yam fud each week) and couldn't see parts of the pitch.

There were 3 single sets in the lower block beside us that we're right behind a brick column, obscuring the view of a good % of the pitch.

What a ****hole.

LithgaeHibby
30-01-2016, 10:29 PM
The funny thing is they seriously make fun of our stadium and think they have a superior one.......seriously!!

Their arguments seem to be based on the fact that they apparently (if their "official" attendances are to be believed) fill that crapheap every week. As Scott Wilson liked to point out in unsubtle fashion this afternoon. Meanwhile they aim comments like "echodome" etc. at us. Their attendances this season and last are largely based on the uptake of season tickets which propped up their financial basket case of a club. Even those deluded morons knew that unless they stepped up to the plate their club would be extinct. We on the other hand were relegated because we were utterly pish on the park, and it's proved more difficult to convince people to come back to the bread and butter games in the Championship. Compare that to the 98-99 season when our attendances were better than most seasons in the Premier. Our fans will come back in numbers when we get promoted. We have proved time and time again that the support is there.

Ricky Bobby
30-01-2016, 10:29 PM
but...but...but..it's the best stadium in the whole world for atmosphere. :blah:

HappyAsHellas
30-01-2016, 10:31 PM
but...but...but..it's the best stadium in the whole world for atmosphere. :blah:

Yeah, but only when we're there:flag:

Oscar T Grouch
30-01-2016, 10:42 PM
I was in the main stand, built when us Scots were a way smaller race of people. I have put weight on in the last few years but I had to be pushed through the turnstile by my mate, had to apologise the the old guy sitting next to me as the seats were that tight (I'm 6'3" not exactly a giant) I just couldn't fit when sat down.
Add to that the fact the steward didn't know where to direct people, the stairs so narrow no one who went the wrong way could get back down them and the terrible views of the pitch from the upper level.
I don't know how yams do it every 2nd week, and they have to go watch a levein side too.
I makes me really appreciate Easter Road.

proud_and_green
30-01-2016, 10:57 PM
Numbering in the wheatfield is bizarre.

Sections are lettered A, B, C etc from the Gorgie Rd end whilst seats are numbered 1, 2, 3...etc from the Roseburn end but only within sections.

Seemed to lead to considerable confusion and not only amongst the fans but also among the stewards who also seemed defeated at times by the whole thing.

I also noticed it is filthy, the dirt accumulating on the stairs and seating areas is incredible - makes you appreciate the good job that is done at ER in maintaining the place.

Criswell
30-01-2016, 10:58 PM
I was in the Wheatfield and I thought it was fine. Mind you, I am from an era when standing on open terraces in winter was the norm.

Lucky_Jim
30-01-2016, 11:10 PM
Sorry to break with the consensus here but I actually quite enjoyed the ground today. As it happens I was chatting to jambo mate (yeah, I know!) from work on Friday over a few beers about the respective merits of our two grounds and I was telling him just how much I missed the old east stand and how since its demise I think ER is soulless and lacking in atmosphere. Today just reinforced that view for me. So what if they have tight turnstiles and rickety seats? The atmosphere today was cracking and I actually much prefer crappy old stands like today's than our shiny new and totally soulless stands.

Give me the old ER terracing over what we have now any day of the week.

overdrive
30-01-2016, 11:11 PM
Numbering in the wheatfield is bizarre.

Sections are lettered A, B, C etc from the Gorgie Rd end whilst seats are numbered 1, 2, 3...etc from the Roseburn end but only within sections.

Seemed to lead to considerable confusion and not only amongst the fans but also among the stewards who also seemed defeated at times by the whole thing.

I also noticed it is filthy, the dirt accumulating on the stairs and seating areas is incredible - makes you appreciate the good job that is done at ER in maintaining the place.

The signage is baffling. The sign in the 'concourse' directed us through a particular entrance which brought us out at the stairs at the opposite end of the row to where our seats were where the next entrance would have been better.

LithgaeHibby
30-01-2016, 11:16 PM
Sorry to break with the consensus here but I actually quite enjoyed the ground today. As it happens I was chatting to jambo mate (yeah, I know!) from work on Friday over a few beers about the respective merits of our two grounds and I was telling him just how much I missed the old east stand and how since its demise I think ER is soulless and lacking in atmosphere. Today just reinforced that view for me. So what if they have tight turnstiles and rickety seats? The atmosphere today was cracking and I actually much prefer crappy old stands like today's than our shiny new and totally soulless stands.

The fans were well up for it today. If that game had been played at home, the whole of ER would have been jumping. If the Scottish Cup game goes to a replay then that is going to be one hell of a night under the floodlights.

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2016, 11:18 PM
The signage is baffling. The sign in the 'concourse' directed us through a particular entrance which brought us out at the stairs at the opposite end of the row to where our seats were where the next entrance would have been better.

Exactly the same with us,bizarre way to number seats in blocks and direct you to the wrong end from the concourse.Why have seats numbered the same in the same row and separate them in blocks? Surely consecutively numbering the whole row is much easier.

Ricky Bobby
30-01-2016, 11:21 PM
The fans were well up for it today. If that game had been played at home, the whole of ER would have been jumping. If the Scottish Cup game goes to a replay then that is going to be one hell of a night under the floodlights.

Exactly this. Anytime ER has been busy, the atmosphere matches tynie

Radium
30-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Turnstiles - Good to show the laddie what they looked like when dads carried you in.

Catering - prices seemed much better but didn't have anything

Seating - as stated the numbering in the Wheatfield is bizarre. Tight but enjoyed the padding.

Atmosphere - was good, but that was down to the fans.

Main Stand - c##p. View of the castle isn't even that good

overdrive
30-01-2016, 11:26 PM
Exactly the same with us,bizarre way to number seats in blocks and direct you to the wrong end from the concourse.Why have seats numbered the same in the same row and separate them in blocks? Surely consecutively numbering the whole row is much easier.

Yep I think we had 3 sets of people in the seats in front of us because they were in the wrong section.

GreenCastle
30-01-2016, 11:30 PM
While the newer ER hasn't been full as much as it should be (mainly due to poor results etc and a larger capacity - 20,421) there have been some very good atmospheres.

Few examples include the sold out new year derby win, Aberdeen cup win, Sevco win etc.

Easter Road has a bigger more international class feel to it. Tynie is smaller more compact and village like.

I found it odd they had a rope stopping fans move from section F to G also - I assume this was to allow the people in disabled spaces to see but really odd design as we were looking for our seats.

tetley
31-01-2016, 12:02 AM
The lack of scoreboard and clock was annoying especially when things where getting announced wrong......felt like I have a time travel experience going from 82 mins to added time in less than a few minutes

Pete
31-01-2016, 12:10 AM
The lack of scoreboard and clock was annoying especially when things where getting announced wrong......felt like I have a time travel experience going from 82 mins to added time in less than a few minutes

I thought there was something wrong when he announced the goal as 67 minutes or something. I was chuffed to bits though when he announced added time as I was dying for the whistle.

Best MC in the land (apparently) can't even read his own watch.

ruthven_raiders
31-01-2016, 12:10 AM
Yep I think we had 3 sets of people in the seats in front of us because they were in the wrong section.

My son and I went into the wrong section because of the way it was worded, felt so stupid though when someone said you are in my seat, was adamant that I wasn't till I showed them my ticket 😂😂

Golden Bear
31-01-2016, 12:14 AM
Sections R&S were causing mega confusion in the Main Stand and I can understand why. Having said that, too many fans had left it too late so missed kick off time.

truehibernian
31-01-2016, 12:15 AM
Their main stand is a disgrace in this day and age.

Baader
31-01-2016, 12:47 AM
How tight are those turnstiles, I had to do a massive inner suction action to get through:-)

Strange indeed considering almost every Jambo I've met over about 30 is fat. More often than not with a very questionable moustache.

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2016, 12:52 AM
Strange indeed considering almost every Jambo I've met over about 30 is fat. More often than not with a very questionable moustache.

And an even more questionable computer hard drive :sofa:

matty_f
31-01-2016, 12:53 AM

The atmosphere at ER was better when El Alagui scored the winner in the last derby there. Not in the away end, right enough - that was ****ing gantin'.

iwasthere1972
31-01-2016, 12:59 AM

It was a disgrace a hundred years ago.

HappyAsHellas
31-01-2016, 01:13 AM
Couldn't believe that they kept the turnstiles from the old days. I mean, seriously, you couldn't buy these turnstiles back in the heyday of B & Q when they done the dump up (and I use the term loosely). Pre season at Berwick and Dunfermline they have people (yes, people) manning the turnstiles, but a trip over to the dark side of town always conjures up memories of a bygone age. At half time I struggled to make my way down to the row nearest the pitch to try and buy a macaroon bar off the laddies walking round with the trays and the crappy uniforms. Fortunately my daughter was at hand to remind me it's 2016 and lead me back to my seat which I couldn't find at the outset due to a numbering system that would have Stephen Hawking scratching his head. Ah, the good old days........

hfc rd
31-01-2016, 02:44 AM
It definitely is a s*******. Even some of the grounds in the Championship are better than that dump.

givescotlandfreedom
31-01-2016, 04:15 AM
It's a piss poor excuse for a stadium. Even their better stand has dust/asbestos shopping trollies in the undercroft and a severe lack of bugs. I'd be embarrassed to go there every week but theb I don't touch kids or steal from charities either.

midfield_maestro
31-01-2016, 08:43 AM
I quite enjoyed the trip back in time in the main stand but am glad it was only a one off. The confusion between sections R and S went on until about the 20th minute. I couldn't believe how narrow the stairwells were, any kind of emergency and you'd be screwed. Bit disconcerting to feel the flooring move when it was bouncing. Hadn't realised beforehand what an issue there is with pillars obscuring the view.

bawheid
31-01-2016, 08:57 AM
I quite enjoyed the trip back in time in the main stand but am glad it was only a one off. The confusion between sections R and S went on until about the 20th minute. I couldn't believe how narrow the stairwells were, any kind of emergency and you'd be screwed. Bit disconcerting to feel the flooring move when it was bouncing. Hadn't realised beforehand what an issue there is with pillars obscuring the view.

Yep, felt it was a death trap the last time I was in it against St Johnstone in 06/07. Unbelievable to think we're almost ten years on from then and it still gets its certificate every year. It's an accident waiting to happen.

Oscar T Grouch
31-01-2016, 09:41 AM
The main stand was also filthy. Now you can't do much about a stands age, shape, views or seating but the least you can do is gie it a proper wash every now and again. The stour on the stair wells was thick and had clearly been there for years.

HibbyAndy
31-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Its a shight hole.

Cheap and nasty cringeworthy stadium that i have no idea how the hell it has passed its health and safety certificate.

Embarrassment of a stadium...Any yams looking in you're stadium is an utter disgrace and you should be well and truly ashamed of you're pathetic pink girly arena

Waxy
31-01-2016, 09:58 AM
It's a pink bus shelter.The PBS.Whoever came up with that got it spot on.

BoomtownHibees
31-01-2016, 10:10 AM
The seat numbering is bizarre. The numbers run from 1 to whatever, but right to left as you look at them rather than the normal way of reading. That makes no sense!! And then to start the next section at number 1 again is baffling.

O'Rourke3
31-01-2016, 10:16 AM
The seat numbering is bizarre. The numbers run from 1 to whatever, but right to left as you look at them rather than the normal way of reading. That makes no sense!! And then to start the next section at number 1 again is baffling.

Every section starting from 1 is easily explained, once they get past 12 and run out of fingers they are stuffed. I strongly suspect the numbering was put in by some contractor that couldn't follow a plan. I'm sure the regulars reckon it adds to that unique atmosphere. Never see such narrow stairways in my life...

H18S NX
31-01-2016, 10:17 AM
the john robertson lounge looks like a hamburger stall you see on the way to Hamdump

Sammy7nil
31-01-2016, 10:20 AM
I was in the hospitality behind the goals getting to your seat was a nightmare however I have nothing bad to say about the actual hospitality. The food was good the service was excellent and plenty drink. All in just a very good day. Bizarrely Queen Anne was there before and after the game.

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2016, 10:20 AM
the john robertson lounge looks like a hamburger stall you see on the way to Hamdump

I know - I didn't realise how bad it was until yesterday. Imagine him letting them put his name to that.

Keith_M
31-01-2016, 10:27 AM
Last time I went, the toliets in the Away End were all broken and there were 'temporary' Portaloos just inside the entrance.

The Portaloos were a disgrace and one of the Stewards told us they were only suppose to be in place for one game but had been there for months... and had never been cleaned.

The only time I've been in the Wheatfield (2007 Semi Final), I couldn't believe the entrance to the turnstyles. Not only was the entrance way overcrowded, the turnstyles were never built for anybody above average size. We queued along Wheatfield Street, then had to turn right at the last minute for the Turnstyles, causing a serious crush in that area.

-----

On the plus side, the padded seats were really comfortable and the view was fantastic. Also, the guys and girls at the Food Kiosks were friendly and provided fast service. It took a long time to get served but that wasn't their fault, more due to the low number of kiosks.

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2016, 10:50 AM
I like the idea of padded seats and ST holder name on seats as in the Wheatfield.

Hibby D
31-01-2016, 11:35 AM
"Ladies" loos :rolleyes:

capitals_finest
31-01-2016, 11:37 AM
Disgrace of a stadium. Edinburgh City Council should be ashamed of themselves to allow that main stand to be used. There should be an independent inquiry as to how it is awarded a safety certificate every year. A very poor advert for the city and a public health hazard.

Beefster
31-01-2016, 11:50 AM
I'm just hoping that the manky barstewards who pished in the sinks gave the taps a miss or the sweeties I had yesterday after washing my hands are going to take on a slightly nauseating edge.

LithgaeHibby
31-01-2016, 11:57 AM
"Big team" my a**e.

Everywhere you look you get the impression of a small-time operation with all expenses spared.

"The Famous" should be embarrassed to call that hovel "home".

lucky
31-01-2016, 12:04 PM
The turnstiles at the Wheatfield were tight and not enough of them. The stand does look like it needs some TLC. The view from padded seats in section E was very good. But it took a good 10 minutes to get out after the game. Overall they've made the best they can out of the very limited space they have to build a stadium but they need to spend money on its upkeep.

ancient hibee
31-01-2016, 12:14 PM

Glad to hear I wasn't the only nincompoop who didn't know his ess from his arrs.Spent a minute trying to convince two young lads they were in the wrong seats but they kindly put an old gentleman right in a mannerly way without suggesting I get my eyes checked.Joking apart if there was an emergency the only way out would be straight towards the pitch.I'm thinking of writing to the council as it seems to me that it should not be allowed to house the numbers it does.

HH81
31-01-2016, 12:22 PM
I thought it was not too bad. Used the toliet and it looked normal to me, baught a drink and it tasted fine, worked out my seat and stood next to it the whole game. Good view of the game too.

Still think it should have been played at Hampden though as pubs were annoying to get into. Great day though and a good Hibs win. Since all seater grounds everyone has gone soft. Ha

31-01-2016, 12:22 PM

I said the same thing yesterday, what an embarrassing wee thing that looks haha.

NorthHibees
31-01-2016, 12:25 PM
It is a absolutely terrible stadium I was in the main stand yesterday that stand actually does seem like it is going to fall down.

NAE NOOKIE
31-01-2016, 12:25 PM
Had seats in row 26 section 'W' of the Gorgie and asked a steward where to go "up there mate" he said after looking at my ticket, I dutifully followed his instructions only to find there was no row 26 ... we ended up miles from where we were supposed to be in the end. I had checked the schematic during the week and we were definitely supposed to be to the left of the goals as you look at the stand from the pitch, but ended up to the right of them ??? :confused:

I'm 5'6" and the lack of leg room was evident even to me ... the stand is no steeper than the East at ER, but the lack of room in front of you and the narrow seats makes it bloody dangerous .... I had to grab the guy in front of me when McGinn scored to keep from toppling into the row in front.

The bogs are a joke ... the female member of our group spent most of half time in a queue for one of three cubicles. The concourse under the stand being open at either end must be like a bloody wind tunnel at times and the messy looking garden bit at the back would get a council tenant a letter from the housing department.

I haven't been to the PBS since the last St Johnstone semi and the pitch is even smaller than I remember, its a bloomin' postage stamp ... no wonder the Yams high pressure hoofball works so well on it.

Like a lot of folk I was confused by the added time being announced 10 minutes or so after McGinn's 67th? minute goal .... cant these bozos afford a clock?

The failure to play SOL at the end and the frankly pathetic jibe about the game being a sell out says it all about the Yams in the end. Though why their guy was allowed to be announcer / DJ at all is hard to fathom when this was supposed to be a neutral venue ... In the end who cares, it was a minor irritation ......... and we won :greengrin

The atmosphere is good there's no denying, but ER can be just as good and I don't mean when its full either ... the Dundee Utd and Aberdeen games this season are testament to that. To be honest I found the place to be a little bit depressing with all that gloomy Maroon paint everywhere. Its not a patch on ER and its clear that its going to take more than just a new main stand to change that. I'm glad I don't have to visit their gloom arena every week, give me ER any old day, half full or not :aok:

gramskiwood
31-01-2016, 12:26 PM
In the main stand yesterday and it's a total death trap. Toilets are a joke.

bigwheel
31-01-2016, 12:26 PM
I was in the wheatfield and other than the turnstiles, which were a bit basic, I thought the stand was a decent place to watch football...there is no doubt the stands being so near the pitch makes for a good atmosphere..didn't mind it tbh...wouldn't have fancied the old stand though!

hibbypostie
31-01-2016, 12:36 PM
the best of it is remember when they played a semi at ours and 1 of those roasters got their kid to hold a sign describing ER as a dump :lolyam:

Hermit Crab
31-01-2016, 12:42 PM
How does that main stand get a safety certificate? The stand that time forgot. An absolute hovel.

A classic stand that has plenty character. I thinks its good and I had a great view of the pitch.

Sat in the stand for a non hearts event and that main stand is very confusing with the seating plan.

The concourse is a maze and the views are terrible with the pillars. Sooner it gets flattened the better.

I also remember the non existent leg room and a sore back for a week after.

The concourse was easy to negotiate and it was easy to find my section and seat, all you do is follow the signs.

I thought we'd rented the Tardis and gone back to 1920 what a disgrace this stand is still allowed to open complete death trap,if a fire started it would kill loads as said before exit stairs one person wide shocking should pull it down before there's a disaster

How likely is it for a fire to start accidentally in that stand without any flames around? The stairs were not one person wide thats rubbish.

]Sorry to break with the consensus here but I actually quite enjoyed the ground today[/B]. As it happens I was chatting to jambo mate (yeah, I know!) from work on Friday over a few beers about the respective merits of our two grounds and I was telling him just how much I missed the old east stand and how since its demise I think ER is soulless and lacking in atmosphere. Today just reinforced that view for me. So what if they have tight turnstiles and rickety seats? The atmosphere today was cracking and I actually much prefer crappy old stands like today's than our shiny new and totally soulless stands.

:agree:100% agree, I think the stand is a classic piece of football history and I couldn't find much wrong with it other than the pillars in your way. Give me terraces at ER any day day too

Complete rubbish imo.

It is a absolutely terrible stadium I was in the main stand yesterday that stand actually does seem like it is going to fall down.

Sorry, imo that's utter nonsense.

In the main stand yesterday and it's a total death trap. Toilets are a joke.

Completely unjust comment, its not a death trap at all, it's just we are not used to being in a classic stand like that, we are used to big stands with plenty empty seats and even emptier concourses to move around in. Toilets we no smaller or worse than the west upper toilets in my opinion.

I like tynie and the main stand, guess it's just not to everybody's liking.

portycabbage
31-01-2016, 12:45 PM
I have to admit I liked the padded seats, and at least you can hear the tannoy (pity there was a twat on the other end of it though). Apart form that they can shove it up their arse.

hibbypostie
31-01-2016, 12:48 PM
A classic stand that has plenty character. I thinks its good and I had a great view of the pitch.

The concourse was easy to negotiate and it was easy to find my section and seat, all you do is follow the signs.

How likely is it for a fire to start accidentally in that stand without any flames around? The stairs were not one person wide thats rubbish.

:agree:100% agree, I think the stand is a classic piece of football history and I couldn't find much wrong with it other than the pillars in your way. Give me terraces at ER any day day too

Complete rubbish imo.

Completely unjust comment, its not a death trap at all, it's just we are not used to being in a classic stand like that, we are used to big stands with plenty empty seats and even emptier concourses to move around in. Toilets we no smaller or worse than the west upper toilets in my opinion.

is that you Anne lol

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2016, 12:50 PM

Complete rubbish imo.

The fact that so many people who are used to attending football matches were confused by signage and seat numbering etc yesterday is clear proof there is an issue with it.

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2016, 12:51 PM

Complete rubbish imo.

Sorry, HC, the place is a ******g disgrace; never fit for SPL football. It's more akin to lower league standard. They need to replace all four stands, just like we did at ER.

iwasthere1972
31-01-2016, 12:51 PM

Complete rubbish imo.

You must be trying to wind us up. You'll soon be wanting Easter Road repainted maroon.

SaulGoodman
31-01-2016, 12:54 PM

Complete rubbish imo.

I'm starting to think you just go against everyone else's opinions on every thread for attention now.

ancient hibee
31-01-2016, 12:57 PM

Complete rubbish imo.

Ever heard of fires starting through poor electrics?(never mind the smoking in the lavs.)

emerald green
31-01-2016, 12:59 PM

Your posts are a classic. :faf:

Tynecastle is a hovel mate. Open your eyes. One minute you say you had a great view of the pitch, the next you're saying the pillars are in your way.

RyeSloan
31-01-2016, 12:59 PM
I'm starting to think you just go against everyone else's opinions on every thread for attention now.

You just starting to think that? Where ya been? ;-)

Hermit Crab
31-01-2016, 01:06 PM
The fact that so many people who are used to attending football matches were confused by signage and seat numbering etc yesterday is clear proof there is an issue with it.

It eas easy to follow, people just need to read things properly.

Sorry, HC, the place is a ******g disgrace; never fit for SPL football. It's more akin to lower league standard. They need to replace all four stands, just like we did at ER.

C'mon that's just rubbish, there's nothing wrong with the ground.

You must be trying to wind us up. You'll soon be wanting Easter Road repainted maroon.

Behave, just my honest opinion of the stand.

No, I tell it how I see it, after all this site is all about opinions, I'm not asking everyone to agree with me.

Ever heard of fires starting through poor electrics?(never mind the smoking in the lavs.)

The lavs are not made of wood, only the upper decking. The way some people speak we will have another Bradford City on our hands. Rubbish.

Your posts are a classic. :faf:

Tynecastle is a hovel mate. Open your eyes. One minute you say you had a great view of the pitch, the next you're saying the pillars are in your way.

I had a great view of the pitch, could see both goals no problem, pillars are a minor inconvenience that's all. No different to our old East that wouldn't have been redeveloped had the planning permission not been running out.

Famous Fiver
31-01-2016, 01:08 PM
Seated in the front row of the Wheatfield. No rhone pipes so water just cascaded down on us when it rained/snowed. No roof would have been better than that excuse for a roof they have. Dump of a place.

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2016, 01:11 PM
It eas easy to follow, people just need to read things properly.

C'mon that's just rubbish, there's nothing wrong with the ground.

Behave, just my honest opinion of the stand.

No, I tell it how I see it, after all this site is all about opinions, I'm not asking everyone to agree with me.

The lavs are not made of wood, only the upper decking. The way some people speak we will have another Bradford City on our hands. Rubbish.

I had a great view of the pitch, could see both goals no problem, pillars are a minor inconvenience that's all. No different to our old East that wouldn't have been redeveloped had the planning permission not been running out.

Nice wind up, had me for a minute.

Ged
31-01-2016, 01:36 PM

Complete rubbish imo.

Is there anything you don't like about Hearts?

jgl07
31-01-2016, 01:44 PM
I was towards the top of the Wheatfield in Block B. The viewing angles were all wrong. If anyone stood up even five or more rows in front, it would block the view of the goal. This was despite the steep angle and may be down to the proximity to the pitch. The concourse was windswept.

I could hardly believe that the stand was only 20 years old. It had a 'cheap and nasty' look to it. The turnstiles were antiques and the entry provisions were very poor with too few (five?) turnstiles that had to deal with two stands.

Chris Robinson took a load of flack when he said that Tynecastle was not fit for purpose but he was right. I can't speak of the main stand as I haven't been in it since the season when Gordon Hunter scored 'that' goal. I did go to an East of Scotland Shield match there (it was the only stand open) since but would never enter it for a first team match.

On the plus side, the staff were very helpful.

BH Hibs
31-01-2016, 01:52 PM
Total *****hole ended up 2 rows down after the first goal went in

Hermit Crab
31-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Is there anything you don't like about Hearts?

We're talking about the stadium here, doesn't mean I want them to win......:rolleyes:

Iggy Pope
31-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Something I never knew before yesterday viewing from the Wheatfield. They are so short for space that the stanchions and support ropes for the goal nets are placed among the lower seats in the Roseburn and Gorgie stands.
They also seem to make sure everyone knows about their 'vociferous' policy on the smoking ban. That main stand has me wondering why...:hmmm:

Seveno
31-01-2016, 03:14 PM
Just think, if we had cut the amount we spent on rebuilding our stadium by half, reduced the size of the pitch and cut the capacity- we might have had the 'best' stadium in the UK.

hibby6270
31-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Loved the guys who turned up in the Wheatfield in full forensic suits and face mask, holding up "Hazard - Danger Zone" yellow signs.

Well done lads. :thumbsup::top marks

Sir David Gray
31-01-2016, 03:27 PM
My seat was in the Wheatfield stand but I had to go round to the Gorgie stand in order to get in as the lift at the Wheatfield stand was broken and, according to the steward who was showing me where to go, it's been out of action since the start of the season!

gramskiwood
31-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Loved the guys who turned up in the Wheatfield in full forensic suits and face mask, holding up "Hazard - Danger Zone" yellow signs.

Well done lads. :thumbsup::top marks

Aw I didnae see them :boo hoo:

Stantons Angel
31-01-2016, 03:38 PM
It's a hole.

cant see how health and safety let them get away with staircases 1 person wide to get out of the ancient pile of a main stand.

and there's zero leg room to sit in their crappy seats.

dump
:jamboak:

Its hard not to be critical of the place and if we are we are supposed to be "nit picking" but that stadium in my eyes is not fit for what it is being used for!
Ive often wondered how it passes the Health & Safety inspections in that old stand. It is a sheer death trap and an BIG accident waiting to happen.

My sister had an accident in that stand a few years ago when she fell and smashed her wrist to pieces! I doubt now it will have any big improvements made to it.
I sat in the Wheatfield Stand yesterday with my family and could not believe the state of the place. Even the plastic handles on the guide rails were falling off!
The auld turnstiles at the entry are a joke and should be condemned. A chap came in to sit on his seat in the row below me and it was split down the middle in two pieces!!
The seats are so steep that you think you are going to fall all the time. I just hate the place and it is never befitting a National Cup Semi Final.

MB62
31-01-2016, 03:50 PM
Ok, I expected a thread on this, so here's my tuppence worth.
We were in the Grogie Stand and as soon as you try to get through the turnstiles and in to the catering area, it is so obvious this is a stadium built on the cheep.
Right away, my mate went to the loo and had a battle to get back OUT as there is only one door to get in and out, said people were getting annoyed as he was trying to exit and he was squeezing past them as they queued to get in.
One major positive though, they apparently had HOT water to wash your hands, (Hibs take note, washing your hands in freezing cold water on a freezing cold day is NOT ON in this day and age).
Like others, I was totally confused by the seat numbering system and started off sitting in the wrong seats.
I went in to the section W that was on my ticket, went up to row 25, looked at the seat numbers and headed along to 11, 12, & 13. We were right behind the goal and it was a great view and whilst I thought the seating was basic, my mate pointed out they were padded (I genuinely didn't notice, nowhere near like the padded ones at Easter Road).
Just before kick-off, a smartly dressed young lad (well younger than me anyway) said we were in his seats. After pointing out we had tickets for those seats, he pointed out so did he. Absolutely no problem with the lad, he was pleasant as could be (a big thank you sir for taking it in such spirits) he went and spoke to a steward, came back and said these were indeed his seats as they were hospitality. I checked and he was right (I couldn't believe these were hospitality seats, whilst it was a good view and they were apparently padded, I would have expected much better).
I suppose, in hindsight, I should have sussed out that seats starting No.1 right behind the goals were numbered in sections but being used to going to Easter Road with seats numbered one through to 250 (ish) it was a bit confusing. This is a minor point though and something that could be easily fixed, or if you are going every week, then you already know the system.
Getting out after the game was dire. I believe under H&S rules, stands should be able to be evacuated in under 4 minutes? We must have been there a good 10 minutes after the game finished, fine if there is no hurry but in an emergency, that's a different ball game.

The atmosphere is good, but then any stadium with a full house will provide a good atmosphere, even Dumpden where we will be for the final.
There is no point in trying to compare Easter Road with Tynie, everyone knows which one is the better stadium and they are welcome to their meccano structure.
I have to agree that the ECC are burying their heads in the sand (or maybe there are a few brown envelopes getting passed around) when it comes to handing out H&S certificates, in particular for the old stand.

Most importantly, yesterday was a great team performance and a great and well deserved result and I was delighted to return to the East side of the city after the game.

GGTTH

Killiehibbie
31-01-2016, 03:54 PM
The Tynecastle Arms was "St Johnstone supporters'. only pre match. Victimisation I tell Ye!I was told the same thing only to see a guy in a Hibs top walk out.

Onceinawhile
31-01-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm amazed that people struggle with the seating so much. Find your section, find your row. Go to your seat. It's not difficult!!

Hermit Crab
31-01-2016, 04:28 PM
I'm amazed that people struggle with the seating so much. Find your section, find your row. Go to your seat. It's not difficult!!

:agree:

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Ok, I expected a thread on this, so here's my tuppence worth.
We were in the Grogie Stand and as soon as you try to get through the turnstiles and in to the catering area, it is so obvious this is a stadium built on the cheep.
Right away, my mate went to the loo and had a battle to get back OUT as there is only one door to get in and out, said people were getting annoyed as he was trying to exit and he was squeezing past them as they queued to get in.
One major positive though, they apparently had HOT water to wash your hands, (Hibs take note, washing your hands in freezing cold water on a freezing cold day is NOT ON in this day and age).
Like others, I was totally confused by the seat numbering system and started off sitting in the wrong seats.
I went in to the section W that was on my ticket, went up to row 25, looked at the seat numbers and headed along to 11, 12, & 13. We were right behind the goal and it was a great view and whilst I thought the seating was basic, my mate pointed out they were padded (I genuinely didn't notice, nowhere near like the padded ones at Easter Road).
Just before kick-off, a smartly dressed young lad (well younger than me anyway) said we were in his seats. After pointing out we had tickets for those seats, he pointed out so did he. Absolutely no problem with the lad, he was pleasant as could be (a big thank you sir for taking it in such spirits) he went and spoke to a steward, came back and said these were indeed his seats as they were hospitality. I checked and he was right (I couldn't believe these were hospitality seats, whilst it was a good view and they were apparently padded, I would have expected much better).
I suppose, in hindsight, I should have sussed out that seats starting No.1 right behind the goals were numbered in sections but being used to going to Easter Road with seats numbered one through to 250 (ish) it was a bit confusing. This is a minor point though and something that could be easily fixed, or if you are going every week, then you already know the system.
Getting out after the game was dire. I believe under H&S rules, stands should be able to be evacuated in under 4 minutes? We must have been there a good 10 minutes after the game finished, fine if there is no hurry but in an emergency, that's a different ball game.

The atmosphere is good, but then any stadium with a full house will provide a good atmosphere, even Dumpden where we will be for the final.
There is no point in trying to compare Easter Road with Tynie, everyone knows which one is the better stadium and they are welcome to their meccano structure.
I have to agree that the ECC are burying their heads in the sand (or maybe there are a few brown envelopes getting passed around) when it comes to handing out H&S certificates, in particular for the old stand.

Most importantly, yesterday was a great team performance and a great and well deserved result and I was delighted to return to the East side of the city after the game.

GGTTH

The evacuation time in relation to the fire risk assesment is dependant on several things and can vary from 5 to 10 minutes with a venue classed as being part open air in relation to reaching a place of relative safety for instance the pitch.Passage rates can vary from 73 people per minute to 109 people per minute from a specific area. It might not seem it but the venue will have a well scrutinised FRA in place.

happiehibbie
31-01-2016, 05:00 PM
The main stand is an accident waiting to happen. I tried to use the toilet only 2. I think the SFA / SPFL all need to have a think as for Hearts Fc they need to improve facilities very quickly. Hibs and other teams have been held back by investment in this area. It will happen in gorgie and again they will fall backwards. I have contacted the bbc and the football powers but heard nothing back as yet

Hermit Crab
31-01-2016, 05:07 PM
The main stand is an accident waiting to happen. I tried to use the toilet only 2. I think the SFA / SPFL all need to have a think as for Hearts Fc they need to improve facilities very quickly. Hibs and other teams have been held back by investment in this area. It will happen in gorgie and again they will fall backwards. I have contacted the bbc and the football powers but heard nothing back as yet

How is it an accident waiting to happen? I take it you never followed the signs to the urinals down the stairs which were no bigger than the toilets in the West Upper...

Jack Hackett
31-01-2016, 05:19 PM
The place is a testament to mismanagement and the blinkered glory hunting of the support. Hardly a penny of the millions they stole from other people and squandered in the vain hope of becoming a 'BIG' club, was used to bring that hole into the 21st century. A scrutiny of their safety certificate is called for.

......but never mind. At least it's got 'atmosphere' :yw:

happiehibbie
31-01-2016, 05:25 PM
How is it an accident waiting to happen? I take it you never followed the signs to the urinals down the stairs which were no bigger than the toilets in the West Upper...

Stairways very narrow
Stairways Dark
Treads on stairs badly worn
Stairways very steep
All walkways narrow
Stand again steep
Holding areas for people small
lets not mention Disabled access

I am glad there was not a major incident yesterday I would not like to exit the main stand quickly

The toilets has 2 bowls only no urinals whatsoever won't kill anyone I agree.

wookie70
31-01-2016, 05:39 PM

Agreed. I was in section A of the Wheatfield and it seemed pretty obvious to me. Section, row then seat number. Not rocket science. It was interesting sitting in a stand that is at the side of the pitch where there are seats behind the goal. If the rule is 4 minutes to evacuate then I have no idea how it passed although I presume lots would evacuate onto the pitch and out the corners.

My take on it was the seating was OK although my one was broken, the view was decent and the turnstiles were quaint and reminded me I needed to go on a diet. The Wheatfield is very steep and it wouldn't have surprised me if a few fell into the row in front when a goal. Never went to the toilets and had the kids all go in Sainsburys before the game as I know there are hundreds who smoke in their at HT and piss in sinks etc.

Tynie is miles behind ER as a modern stadium and I reckon the atmosphere would be just as good at ER if we could fill it. That all being said it was so much better than Hampden where the pitch would have been miles away and the view terrible. At least my kids could see the pitch and I didn't need binoculars to see the far away goals.

Its just a pity that the final has to be held at such a sorry excuse for a football stadium as Hampden. At least all the Hibees will get a ticket and I just hope they are better behaved than yesterday. No point having an infrastructure high ground if you lose the moral one with chucking hot liquid, coming out of the stand and letting off smoke bombs.

kaimendhibs
31-01-2016, 05:40 PM

That is minging

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Midden

SquashedFrogg
31-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Having a smoke outside at the back of the Gorgie stand prior to kick off, my good chum pointed to the ground. There was a "dog sh*te"! I kid you not!

I have to say, it was a first for me inside a "modern" football stadium.

Oh, and well done to the girl in the pie stand for wearing a Hibs top under her t-shirt! That's the spirit... :agree:

Kato
31-01-2016, 06:25 PM
How likely is it for a fire to start accidentally in that stand without any flames around?

An electrical fault.

Going by the (lack of) maintenance of other aspects of that ****tole I hope they pay good attention to that side.

Fact is both ER and Tynecastle's old main stands were condemned 16 years ago. Hibs complied and built the new west. There's really nothing else to say about how Hearts and EC reacted to the order regarding the stand at Tynie.

Nice, top class masticking around The John Robertson Lounge though.

Gettin' Auld
31-01-2016, 06:38 PM

How do yam women manage to piss on the ceiling? :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
31-01-2016, 06:39 PM
How do yam women manage to piss on the ceiling? :greengrin

With their c**k

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2016, 06:40 PM
With their c**k

:rotflmao::LOL: :faf:

Jack Hackett
31-01-2016, 06:42 PM
With their c**k

:faf: :faf: :faf:

hibbymick
31-01-2016, 06:48 PM
Seated in the front row of the Wheatfield. No rhone pipes so water just cascaded down on us when it rained/snowed. No roof would have been better than that excuse for a roof they have. Dump of a place.

How bad was that :grr: and those steps down to the front were slippy as ****** :grr:

kaimendhibs
31-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Having a smoke outside at the back of the Gorgie stand prior to kick off, my good chum pointed to the ground. There was a "dog sh*te"! I kid you not!

I have to say, it was a first for me inside a "modern" football stadium.

Oh, and well done to the girl in the pie stand for wearing a Hibs top under her t-shirt! That's the spirit... :agree:

Just spat my beer out😂😂😂😂😂

Alfred E Newman
31-01-2016, 06:49 PM

You are right. We have a small 250 seater theatre in our town and you would be amazed how many people can't match their ticket with a seat. Row g seat 6 , my 4 year old granddaughter could work it out.

Aldo
31-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Does it really matter??? They have a stadium they are proud of because it has atmosphere.... At the end of the day they can have their atmosphere and we can have our completed Fifa grade 2 stadium that holds over 20k.... With its own excellent atmosphere.

jgl07
31-01-2016, 06:53 PM
An electrical fault.
They have thought of that one by not replacing light bulbs to reduce the electrical flow!

proud_and_green
31-01-2016, 06:55 PM
With their c**k

Has he not just quit (or been quitted) Killie...?

Joe's ice cream
31-01-2016, 07:00 PM
There are trees growing out the roof of the main stand!!

cabbageandribs1875
31-01-2016, 07:02 PM
There are trees growing out the roof of the main stand!!

can you blame them trying to get out ? imagine having to watch the cloggers every 2nd week, even trees have some self-respect

Future17
31-01-2016, 07:34 PM

How do you know it was from a dog?

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2016, 07:38 PM
How do you know it was from a dog?

She was still pulling her jambo crested knickers up.

midfield_maestro
31-01-2016, 08:35 PM
Glad to hear I wasn't the only nincompoop who didn't know his ess from his arrs.Spent a minute trying to convince two young lads they were in the wrong seats but they kindly put an old gentleman right in a mannerly way without suggesting I get my eyes checked.Joking apart if there was an emergency the only way out would be straight towards the pitch.I'm thinking of writing to the council as it seems to me that it should not be allowed to house the numbers it does.

I know, I was sitting beside you :wink:

tamig
31-01-2016, 09:04 PM
It's a very cheap hovel. However,I was surprised to see a cushion on my seat. A nice touch and probably about the only suggested improvement we could make at ER from there. I'm sure their stands had a shelf life of 20 years when they went up and I think the Roseburn and Wheatfield are now beyond that.

It must also be the only ground in the land where, due to space constraint, the stanchions holding up the nets are actually in the crowd! Mental 😂

ancient hibee
31-01-2016, 09:13 PM

Main stand -I followed the sign for section R-straight into section S.

HappyHanlon
31-01-2016, 09:13 PM
The whole stadium is a run down, had its day dump.

The old main stand should be bulldozed, smashed to bawbaggery with a demolition ball or just get Fatties Foulkes and Robertson to lean against it.

Broken toilets, dodgy turnstiles, a pishy hospitality portacabin and views that are either obscured by a post or you can't see the ball when it's hoofed up in the air.

The Wheatfield isn't much better - i'm sure if you ran a damp cloth against the interior and squeezed into a petri dish you'd be able to grow the next generation of their support. It also stank of pish.

Throw in a stadium announcer that was chucking in snide remarks where possible and the whole thing is just a big disgusting mess.

We might not be able to fill Easter Road as much as we'd like but give me it EVERY TIME over that ramshackle, infested pit.

GGTTH!

Bostonhibby
31-01-2016, 09:21 PM
It's a very cheap hovel. However,I was surprised to see a cushion on my seat. A nice touch and probably about the only suggested improvement we could make at ER from there. I'm sure their stands had a shelf life of 20 years when they went up and I think the Roseburn and Wheatfield are now beyond that.

It must also be the only ground in the land where, due to space constraint, the stanchions holding up the nets are actually in the crowd! Mental 

Care in the community in action, there's a lot of sore erses down there on match days and its not as if they have any soft furnishings at home.

et_hibby
31-01-2016, 11:06 PM
Deathtrap main stand made of wood and asbestos with Calor gas heaters in the hospitality suites.
Gradients of stands on 3 sides so dangerously steep, all because their cramped site is boxed in on four sides.
Pitch so small that it doesn't even meet UEFA regulations.
Totally confusing seat numbers.
Gorgie Stand concourse that is cramped and open to the elements.
Capacity of only 16,900.
It's a cut-price operation they've got going there, for sure.

Facilities in our main stand, Famous Five stand and the community rooms in the South Stand put this to shame. Our East Stand has development potential as well, and the concourse is often used for Hibs kids events. It's night and day.

But wait, it's one of the best grounds in the country for atmosphere, we're always being told.

Wall in main stand, note the irony...

http://s13.postimg.org/jjmg9knqv/image.jpg

Booked4Being-Ugly
31-01-2016, 11:28 PM
Wall in main stand, note the irony...

http://s13.postimg.org/jjmg9knqv/image.jpgThey only steal from themselves so they're not really loosing anything.

GreenCastle
31-01-2016, 11:35 PM
Some of these reviews should go on trip advisor !!

matty_f
31-01-2016, 11:43 PM
Some of these reviews should go on trip advisor !!

:faf: that's a great idea!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-02-2016, 12:28 AM
Kickback''s views about us complaining about their dump of a ground...

"Their main gripes appear to be -

1. The toilets are minging - well that probably had something to do with you hibs monkeys pissing all over the place, learn how to use a toilet, clowns.

2. The turnstiles are too small - may I suggest these are more than adequate for a healthy male to fit through. Perhaps you should have a look at your own diet before suggesting they're too small (fat *******s)

3. The layout is confusing - If you are struggling to find your seat I'm afraid it is you that has the problem and not the stadium. You're an idiot.

4. Lack of score board - okay you won the game 2-1, I personally don't think a score board is necessary to keep track of that score. Again this points at you being an idiot.

5.The seats are too small - see point 3.

6. No pizza in the stadium - I'm sorry our catering doesn't cater to your wonderful diet (which has caused the issues in point5 & 6) Hopefully the two hours without a pizza didn't do you too much harm.

7. Scott Wilson is crap - I'm not going to even dignify that with a response.

In conclusion - hibs appear to be a race of overweight, low intelligence trampy ****bags."

I must admit I can't stop laughing at point 1, tears streaming down my face reading that 😂😂😂

Hibeesmad
01-02-2016, 12:45 AM

1. The toilets are minging - well that probably had something to do with you hibs monkeys pissing all over the place, learn how to use a toilet, clowns.

2. The turnstiles are too small - may I suggest these are more than adequate for a healthy male to fit through. Perhaps you should have a look at your own diet before suggesting they're too small (fat *******s)

3. The layout is confusing - If you are struggling to find your seat I'm afraid it is you that has the problem and not the stadium. You're an idiot.

4. Lack of score board - okay you won the game 2-1, I personally don't think a score board is necessary to keep track of that score. Again this points at you being an idiot.

6. No pizza in the stadium - I'm sorry our catering doesn't cater to your wonderful diet (which has caused the issues in point5 & 6) Hopefully the two hours without a pizza didn't do you too much harm.

In conclusion - hibs appear to be a race of overweight, low intelligence trampy ****bags."

I must admit I can't stop laughing at point 1, tears streaming down my face reading that 😂😂😂

Mind that time a jambo wiped his **** on the wall at ER

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2016, 03:26 PM

I must admit I can't stop laughing at point 1, tears streaming down my face reading that 

Actually, in conclusion, Tynecastle is a derelict pink monstrosity. Nice try by the Yam to put a positive spin on a very bad situation, but the fact is the 'stadium' (we'll call it that for the sake of argument) is appalling: cramped, scruffy, unhygienic, dilapidated; and no amount of trying to tell visitors they are seeing things can change that. All four stands needs replacing - it's that bad. With today's high winds, pieces of it are probably all over Gorgie. Sort it out, you tramps.

SuperAllyMcleod
01-02-2016, 03:35 PM

I must admit I can't stop laughing at point 1, tears streaming down my face reading that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

This is your typical response from any Jambo when receiving criticism - blame it on the Hibees. They are truly obsessed with us.

Oh, and for what it's worth Jambos, if you have to tell people you are a big team, then you're NOT a big team! Just deluded.

Onion
01-02-2016, 03:37 PM
The whole stadium is a run down, had its day dump.

The old main stand should be bulldozed, smashed to bawbaggery with a demolition ball or just get Fatties Foulkes and Robertson to lean against it.

Broken toilets, dodgy turnstiles, a pishy hospitality portacabin and views that are either obscured by a post or you can't see the ball when it's hoofed up in the air.

The Wheatfield isn't much better - i'm sure if you ran a damp cloth against the interior and squeezed into a petri dish you'd be able to grow the next generation of their support. It also stank of pish.

Throw in a stadium announcer that was chucking in snide remarks where possible and the whole thing is just a big disgusting mess.

We might not be able to fill Easter Road as much as we'd like but give me it EVERY TIME over that ramshackle, infested pit.

GGTTH!

Lol. Funniest thing I've read on here in ages.

Phil MaGlass
01-02-2016, 03:41 PM
its a toilet of a stadium, was in the Gorgie end, whit a midden, go for a pie and be blown away through the open ends of the stadium, were those really toilets or just a converted janitors cupboard. Pies were not too bad. Stadium really is a death trap, imagine trying to escape in a hurry, just not happening, how they still manage to have that death trap of a main stand open just beggars belief. I´m all for nostalgia, but not when peoples lives are at stake, Bradford comes to mind.
TOILET OF A STADIUM.

Golden Bear
01-02-2016, 04:19 PM
At the risk of an imminent ban, dare I suggest that the tannoy system is better than the one we have at ER?

:offski:

Oscar T Grouch
01-02-2016, 04:27 PM
At the risk of an imminent ban, dare I suggest that the tannoy system is better than the one we have at ER?

Its 10 time better than the one at ER, its just the rest of teh place that need binned. We should buy the tannoy when they knock it down, give them £50 towards their new stand :wink:

Smartie
01-02-2016, 04:27 PM

I noticed that as well tbf.

Can't hear anything up the back in the East, could hear every word from a similar spot in the Wheatfield that that helmet Wilson screeched on Saturday.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-02-2016, 08:03 PM
Whilst potential endangerment of kids is no laughing matter it is interesting that some pupils were deemed to be safe in Tynecastle stadium during a bomb hoax...

http://www.scotsman.com/news/edinburgh-and-glasgow-schools-receive-hoax-bomb-threats-1-4017546

Sir David Gray
01-02-2016, 08:13 PM

It's night and day compared with the tannoy system that we have.

It's something Hibs should look at improving as I haven't a clue what's being said from my seat in the East stand.

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2016, 08:15 PM
Tannoy is perfect in the FF.

brianmc
01-02-2016, 08:20 PM
It's night and day compared with the tannoy system that we have.

It's something Hibs should look at improving as I haven't a clue what's being said from my seat in the East stand.

I sit in the back row of the East and I'm delighted to say I can't hear the inane drivel that is spouted throughout half time. It's bad enough listening to guff at away games, I wouldn't want to be deafened by it (a lá tinkcastle) at home games too

KingFranck
01-02-2016, 08:47 PM
how did this get throught the turnstiles with her mate Peter Beardsley?

Jonnyboy
01-02-2016, 08:52 PM

Never knew Susan Boyle was a Jambo

Bostonhibby
01-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Through the Christian Nade gate?