PDA

View Full Version : Booing Craig and Spoony

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Was a bit confused by this... Especially boo'ing Spoony...

SaulGoodman
30-01-2016, 07:13 PM
Well we're not going to support them during the game especially during a semi final.

hibee_girl
30-01-2016, 07:15 PM
I didn't understand the booing of Spoony either

Danderhall Hibs
30-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Neither of them have ever said anything bad since they left, however we should be trying to put the opposition off their game more often than we do.

Pete
30-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Spoony was getting applauded as well and he was smiling on occasions when he was getting it. Harmless stuff.

Spike Mandela
30-01-2016, 07:20 PM
Standard fare for ex players. Water off a duck's back to these guys.

Hibernia&Alba
30-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Standard fare for ex players. Water off a duck's back to these guys.

Absolutely. It wasn't vicious abuse or anything, more a "don't you dare score today" sentiment :agree:

Pretty Boy
30-01-2016, 07:25 PM
No idea why Wotherspoon got booed. Craig I couldn't give a flying one about.

Hibeesmad
30-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Wotherspoon was awful today

B.H.F.C
30-01-2016, 07:27 PM
F*** the pair of them. Imagine booing the opposition in a semi final eh.

PiemanP
30-01-2016, 07:30 PM
Probably the worst Hibs captain in my memory, terrible management team or not. Damn right he should be boo'ed.

Spoony is an honest and likeable lad, but showed his usual self at McGinn's goal with a half arsed weak tackle.

cabbageandribs1875
30-01-2016, 07:31 PM
i absolutely promise to clap them next season in the SPL

Onion
30-01-2016, 07:32 PM
If this was Sauzee or Latas, I'd be concerned but these two guys were (at best) bang average Hibs players who were well paid and did nothing during their time with Hibs. If this upset them and put them off their game today, then fair play - they'll get over it.

We need to shed ourselves of this nicey, nicey attitude as it's done us no favours on our way down to the bottom. High time we gave 100% to OUR own team and players we have at the moment. Maybe once we've started punching our weight, stopped our tendency to self-destruct and bottle big games, we can be more generous to ex-players like this.

Lucky pen for the first ? Tell it to someone who gives a jot. Been legged over far too often to care :gwa::flag:.

30-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Nothing wrong with trying to put their players off and make it as intimidating for the opposition as possible.

Nothing against the pair of them but if booing and making a racket when they get the ball puts them off then go for it.

DH1875
30-01-2016, 07:35 PM
Nowt wrong with it IMO.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Wotherspoon was awful today

He was garbage.

Exactly the same as he was at Hibs, scared to try anything that wasn't the safe option.

Beefster
30-01-2016, 07:44 PM
That'll be Wotherspoon's confidence gone for a month now. A right bunch of nasty ****ers, you all are.

30-01-2016, 07:45 PM
He was garbage.

Exactly the same as he was at Hibs, scared to try anything that wasn't the safe option.

A bottler when it comes to the bigger games. Unfortunately hibs teams in the past were full of guys like that.

Jones28
30-01-2016, 07:46 PM
I will remember them both for their goals against hearts 👍

MartinfaePorty
30-01-2016, 07:48 PM
2 guys who tried their best in very average Hibs teams. My problem with booing an ex-player who hasn't been a fanny is its potential to spur them on. Would rather just ignore them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thegreenside
30-01-2016, 07:52 PM
Booing two ex players that never done anything but try for the club. But a judas like Iain Murray gets a testamonial

Fergos
30-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Don't have any grudge with either but worth noting when Spoony came over in the first half to take a corner between the main & gorgie rd stands he got pelters from many around that area....and proceeded to take a crap corner so all fairs in my book if it gives us an edge.

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Better booing opposition as opposed to our own.....

Neither did much in their time with us, so not surprised by some of the reactions......

superfurryhibby
30-01-2016, 07:56 PM
A bottler when it comes to the bigger games. Unfortunately hibs teams in the past were full of guys like that.

Spoony will cry into his Scottish Cup winners medal for consolation after such insight.

lord bunberry
30-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Can we not just have one big thread titled Hibs fans are ****s. Every time we play a big game there's multiple threads slagging off our fans. Some people seem more concerned with this than congratulating the team on a superb performance and result :rolleyes:

Borderhibbie76
30-01-2016, 08:00 PM
Watching those 2 today just makes it clear how much we have improved...would not get near this Hibs team now. Spoony is just weak, half hearted in the tackle and delivers about 1 good cross in 12 attempts and Craig Waltzes round the pitch like he is Ronaldo doing pretty much the square root of f all...2 bang average players

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Col2
30-01-2016, 08:04 PM
Only one of that St Johnstone would get in our starting 11 and that might be O'Halloran. Spoony and Craig might get on the bench now and then but not often.

For me we have a squad that is better than all other teams baring Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and it's on a par with The Rangers.

emerald green
30-01-2016, 08:18 PM
I've nothing personal against Liam Craig or David Wotherspoon, but they are opposition players now.

What are Hibs fans supposed to do? Give them a nice polite round of applause? Cheer them onto the park, or what? Hibs fans should be giving all opposition teams players hell, and our own players our full vocal backing.

I thought the Hibs supporters were great today in the way they backed their team. If they boo a couple of opposition players, I couldn't give a toss.

I don't think Craig or Wotherspoon will give a toss either. Both would have gladly knocked Hibs out of the cup today, given the chance. That's how it is in football.

lucky
30-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Never booed either of them. Both scored winners against Hearts so deserve some respect

proud_and_green
30-01-2016, 10:30 PM
Booing two ex players that never done anything but try for the club. But a judas like Iain Murray gets a testamonial

I agree with this, neither player ever lacked in effort or determination to do their best for us - don't deserve to be booed in the same way as some dirty Jambo, which is what they both seemed to get today.

IberianHibernian
30-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Booing two ex players that never done anything but try for the club. But a judas like Iain Murray gets a testamonialFair comment . Never understood IM testimonial ( some contractual obligation I suppose and never understand why he`s sometimes mentioned as a future Hibs manager ) . Anyway , thankfully we have a good reason tonight to celebrate present successes and try to forget likes of Murray .

Jdawg
30-01-2016, 10:36 PM
Semi final of a national cup not an exibition for charity.

GreenCastle
30-01-2016, 10:38 PM
Didn't think it was much more that a bit of banter - wasn't malicious booing.

Both guys are decent honest pro's - Craig just happened to play in a terrible team under a disgrace of a manager in Butcher.

Last season he actually had a decent season.

Performance wise - Spoony was non existent (suits me) and Craig nearly scored with a volley and put in 2 dangerous crosses. We have better now though :agree:

LaMotta
30-01-2016, 10:44 PM
Despite everyone saying Spoony done nothing today - he got another assist for a goal.

Vini1875
30-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Wasn't happy about it, but it seemed like a very small number booing and very short lived. Neither would get into the present team so I thought we could go easy on them.

CapitalGreen
30-01-2016, 10:51 PM
Footballs a pantomime. Don't get worried about it. Booing opposition players is par for the course!

MagicSwirlingShip
30-01-2016, 10:52 PM
Wotherspoon set up their only clear cut chance and goal today.

To say he was garbage is wide of the mark.

hibee-boys
30-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Ffs, can't even be bothered to read the thread. Big bad hibs fans trying to put off opposition players, quite right, neither player good enough for us, end off.

hfc rd
31-01-2016, 01:52 AM
The both of them were utter murder. Glad we got them off the wage bill. Stevenson had Wotherspoon in his back pocket all day and that corner kick in the first half when he passed it straight to a Hibs player outside the box, summed him up. Craig came on in the last 10 mins and I virtually forgot he was even on the pitch until that volley that went narrowly wide. He was nowhere to be seen when he was on. Invisible.

truehibernian
31-01-2016, 02:08 AM
Wotherspoon set up their only clear cut chance and goal today.

To say he was garbage is wide of the mark.

Not garbage but like Alex Harris is a bit soft - won't ever make it despite having the technique to do so - literally doesn't have the heart or passion. A big softee and I said before the game, crunch him fairly and he's then ineffectual - proved right after JM did first minutes second half.

Super_JMcGinn
31-01-2016, 02:42 AM
Probably the worst Hibs captain in my memory, terrible management team or not. Damn right he should be boo'ed.

Spoony is an honest and likeable lad, but showed his usual self at McGinn's goal with a half arsed weak tackle.

Lol spot on.

GreenArmyyy!
31-01-2016, 02:46 AM
It worked, don't care. We won't tell our grandkids about booing a couple of largely non influential ex players but we will tell them about lifting the trophy..... So what if someone's feelings get hurt on the way.

truehibernian
31-01-2016, 02:51 AM
Sadly Pat Fenlon's idea of a marquee signing was Liam - Pat couldn't identify a decent midfielder in a field of decent midfielders.

One thing about Liam Craig you could never doubt or question was professionalism, his support of Hibs and even in adversity his positivity - a great guy, the booing was panto, but have to say he is still someone I like a lot especially with his diplomacy since leaving.

Boyle89
31-01-2016, 03:59 AM
Booing 2 FORMER hibs players in a cup semi final. What will us bad HIBS fans do next? Jesus wept. Did any of them win a trophy with us? Did any of them captian us to a prolonged period of dominance over hearts or any team for that matter?
So neither contributed a great deal in their time here yet we have people questioning fans who boo them in a semi final?! If it helps us get and edge in a game I'd boo my gran/mum/dad/Franck/Canon Hannan/Smith/Johnstone/Reilly/Turnbull/
Ormond...
We won so who gives a f@*k how spoony and Craig feel now?!

fatbloke
31-01-2016, 04:04 AM
Spoony was getting applauded as well and he was smiling on occasions when he was getting it. Harmless stuff.

I am with you on this it's fitba banter I would be more concerned if they were shouting other 5hit and using sweaty words.:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2016, 07:12 AM
The both of them were utter murder. Glad we got them off the wage bill. Stevenson had Wotherspoon in his back pocket all day and that corner kick in the first half when he passed it straight to a Hibs player outside the box, summed him up. Craig came on in the last 10 mins and I virtually forgot he was even on the pitch until that volley that went narrowly wide. He was nowhere to be seen when he was on. Invisible.

Apart from putting a good cross in for their goal Witherspoon done little.

Craig put 2 very good crosses in - doesn't surprise me you never saw them. Those that didn't like him never saw the good things he done.

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2016, 07:13 AM
Boy near me kept saying/calling Wotherspoon "tesco bag".

WTF does that mean?

SeanWilson
31-01-2016, 07:18 AM
Boy near me kept saying/calling Wotherspoon "tesco bag".

WTF does that mean?

😂😂😂 you do hear some nonsense at the football, eh?

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2016, 07:20 AM
😂😂😂 you do hear some nonsense at the football, eh?

He was well into double figures so clearly means something.

I was trying to work it out - maybe he got mixed up with tesco value (Wotherspoon) vs tesco finest (McGinn)?

cam75
31-01-2016, 08:01 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VBQvgKZL5QQ
Loved this from years ago.

midfield_maestro
31-01-2016, 09:02 AM
Fud in the main stand whose drivelling monologue I had to endure for 80mins [he was late, naturally] listed among the reasons that Craig shouldn't be booed: "he's somebody's husband".

HibernianJK
31-01-2016, 09:07 AM
Guys are professional footballers nothing wrong with it. Hibs are going to Hampden.

Beefster
31-01-2016, 11:41 AM
Fud in the main stand whose drivelling monologue I had to endure for 80mins [he was late, naturally] listed among the reasons that Craig shouldn't be booed: "he's somebody's husband".

That's magic. I'm going to use that any time someone says anything about me! "You can't say that, I'm someone's husband".

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2016, 11:48 AM
Footballs a pantomime. Don't get worried about it. Booing opposition players is par for the course!

:agree: Who cares?

Franck Stanton
31-01-2016, 12:17 PM
I will remember them both for their goals against hearts 

Really ? I will always remember Craig for missing that penalty against their 3rd choice keeper at the PBS.

Holmesdale Hibs
31-01-2016, 12:18 PM
It didn't work out for them at Easter Road but neither of them screwed the club in any way that I can remember. So maybe a bit harsh but if it puts them off their game then I'm all for it.

micksoo
31-01-2016, 12:31 PM
neither of them good enough for us but that is not their fault! Neither of them have said a bad word about the club either, just don't understand why they would be booed! :confused:

Heisenberg
31-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Who gives a **** if they got booed? They were playing for the opposition in a cup semi final. Get it up them. Respectfully.

portycabbage
31-01-2016, 12:42 PM
That's magic. I'm going to use that any time someone says anything about me! "You can't say that, I'm someone's husband".

I'm not technically anyone's husband, but I've been with the same woman for about 13 years, so it would still be morally wrong if someone shouted boo at me. I'm ****ed if I know why, but that's my position anyway.