PDA

View Full Version : Chris Dagnall

Pete
30-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Really happy with this signing and deserves a lot of credit. Some nice touches and great at holding the ball up.

Saints were big and physical but nobody pushes Chris Dagnall about.

Flynn
30-01-2016, 06:32 PM
He played very well. Losing Malonga doesn't feel as bad after Dagnall's display today. He deserved a goal for his efforts and was unlucky not to score. Great effort.

Borderhibbie76
30-01-2016, 06:38 PM
Works his socks off and so unlucky not to score today...far better performance than Cummings today I have to say....apart from the pen Jase wasn't at his best today imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

aussie_hibee
30-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Unbelievable work rate, never gives the opposition a minutes peace. Great to see. A solid addition.

adhibs
30-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Thought he was very poor...

hibeemikey21
30-01-2016, 06:52 PM

Must've had one of the severely restricted view seats

Pretty Boy
30-01-2016, 06:53 PM
Tbh I didn't think he was great at all 1st half. However he came into it 2nd half and was unlucky not to score a couple of times.

His fitness must be superb because his work rate is frightening.

Vini1875
30-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Not sure we have worked out how to get the best from him, yet. Strong and does a lot of running but then so did James Collins.

hibsbollah
30-01-2016, 06:55 PM

:agree: First thing I noticed on his debut. Fast strong and seemed to get faster and stronger as the second half progressed. An athlete.

My_Wife_Camille
30-01-2016, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure yet. Looks very good at times and poor at others. Decent enough start to his Hibs career but can't help but think people are overdoing it a bit with the praise. Cant see him starting when Stokes is fit.

pedroorange1875
30-01-2016, 06:57 PM
Does loads off the ball for the team, constantly drags players away leaving space for the midfield to move up, is a menace for the man defending him. Also make runs constantly which will help break down the 11 men behind the ball teams, however isnt a massive goal threat so far so it just depends on what we want from him

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2016, 06:58 PM

There wasn't a single Hibs player that could be described as very poor today

leggeto
30-01-2016, 06:58 PM
Wasn't in the game but did cause a nuisance to their defence,should have at least hit the target with his chances

Danderhall Hibs
30-01-2016, 06:59 PM

:agree:

adhibs
Must've had one of the severely restricted view seats

Not at all. Thought he looked good when he came on at falkirk but offered notjing today

Speedy
I wasn't overly impressed today, although he did put a shift in.

Was praising him highly last week. Was impressed at his willingness to have a shot.

Alfred E Newman
30-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Does loads off the ball for the team, constantly drags players away leaving space for the midfield to move up, is a menace for the man defending him. Also make runs constantly which will help break down the 11 men behind the ball teams, however isnt a massive goal threat so far so it just depends on what we want from him

This. He worked the St Johnstone defenders all afternoon and was unlucky not to score late on.

Pete
30-01-2016, 07:02 PM

Players like that can be a real asset.

ancient hibee
30-01-2016, 07:05 PM
Thought it took him until the second half to really get into the game.Doubt he and Cummings will make a pair.Should have rolled the ball over to Cummings for a tap in instead of sticking it past the post.Doesn't hide and keeps going looks quite fit.

Ozyhibby
30-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Played well, worked hard but still to show any real quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfred E Newman
30-01-2016, 07:09 PM
It's amazing that even after a tremendous team performance like today we are still managing to single players out for criticism. It's a free country right enough and everyone has their own opinions but can we not just enjoy the occasion for a few hours.

Aldo
30-01-2016, 07:20 PM
Will need to up his game even more next week against the cloggers however will hopefully take a chance against the yams and become a hero

McD
30-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Tbh I didn't think he was great at all 1st half. However he came into it 2nd half and was unlucky not to score a couple of times.

Exactly how I saw it. Last 25 minutes he caused all sorts of problems for saints defence and was unlucky to not get at least one.

Weststandwanab
30-01-2016, 07:47 PM

At what ?

Libby Hibby
30-01-2016, 07:50 PM
At what ?

I'm guessing by kicks and corners

truehibernian
30-01-2016, 07:52 PM
Thought he came into it more second half, tough wee player and actually won a few headers he wasn't entitled to win - liked that.

Like Jason, seemed to want an extra touch at times - hands over eyes moment when he gave away the ball in injury time edge of the box.

What he does is pester defenders and force errors - we need that up front.

Borderhibbie76
30-01-2016, 07:54 PM
Can't believe some of the comments on here about Daggers...thought he was great today and no coincidence Mcginn has started scoring again as Daggers runs create space for our midfielders to move into...great movement and intelligent player...great addition and I think his goals will come

Mikey09
30-01-2016, 07:54 PM
Not at all. Thought he looked good when he came on at falkirk but offered notjing today

My laddie just back from the game and he said Dagnall worked his bawes off. So he offered work rate for a start.

mutley
30-01-2016, 07:56 PM
I'm gutted his 2 shots that just ran wide didn't go in, he deserves to get goals, and won't do confidence any harm either

greenlex
30-01-2016, 07:58 PM
His first goal is gonna be the winner at The Wongadome next week.

Ricky Bobby
30-01-2016, 08:02 PM
I thought he did well today, great energy and pretty physical. Should have had himself a goal though.

Libby Hibby
30-01-2016, 08:06 PM
His first goal is gonna be the winner at The Wongadome next week.

Absolutely, 100%

LaMotta
30-01-2016, 08:31 PM
I wasn't overly impressed today, although he did put a shift in.

Was praising him highly last week. Was impressed at his willingness to have a shot.

Game looked a bit too quick for him, lacked composure several times, and so far he reminds me of James Collins ie a lot of work rate but no evidence of real quality or end product. Whilst i like his work rate, I'm hoping he improves.

We need Stokes fit for next week.

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2016, 08:34 PM
Think he will prove an astute signing, love the way he plays off opponents shoulder, and has bundles of energy.....

lord bunberry
30-01-2016, 08:39 PM
He looks decent, but doesn't look like he's going to be a prolific goalscorer. I assume he's going to either be on the bench when Stokes is fit or drop deeper.

Dinkydoo
30-01-2016, 08:40 PM
I thought he was mostly terrible, as were everyone bar Ox, Hanlon, Gray and Henderson. Delighted to be through to another final, but we were definitely not at our best

Ronniekirk
30-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Not sure we have worked out how to get the best from him, yet. Strong and does a lot of running but then so did James Collins.

He is a better all round player than Collins Vini. But he needs to start scoring as we dominated most of this game and IMO deserved to win by more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

McD
30-01-2016, 08:46 PM
I thought he was mostly terrible, as were everyone bar Ox, Hanlon, Gray and Henderson. Delighted to be through to another final, but we were definitely not at our best

Not mcginn? Mcgeouch?

i thought we dominated the match tbh, all entitled to our own opinions though :agree:

bigwheel
30-01-2016, 08:49 PM

Cant quite believe this actually...our Midfield performance , including Fyvie was as good as I've seen since Mowbray team was in its pomp...against a decent Scottish side our tempo was superb..Good team performance - more of this will see us alright..

Jonnyboy
30-01-2016, 08:51 PM

Which pillar were you sitting behind?

His movement off the ball is superb and it's only a matter of time before he starts banging in the goals. Was very unlucky on two occasions today

3pm
30-01-2016, 08:52 PM
Which pillar were you sitting behind?

His movement off the ball is superb and it's only a matter of time before he starts banging in the goals. Was very unlucky on two occasions today

The voice of reason strikes again.

Greenblood70
30-01-2016, 08:52 PM
I don't see anything special in Dagnall so far. Works hard but looks average imo.

flash
30-01-2016, 08:53 PM

Are your eyes painted on?

Ronniekirk
30-01-2016, 08:53 PM

I must of been high on adrenalin as thought we mostly dominated a team sitting comfortable in the league above us We lacked composure in final third or we would of had three or four .
We limited them to a handful of attempts on goal .
Finishing apart I thought that's the best we have played in weeks given the conditions and the fact semi finals are renowned for turning into dour affairs as too much at stake .
Your entitled to your opinion, but to say he was mostly terrible and only a handful of players were good I find astonishing ,but hey maybe it's just me that was watching the game through green tinted glasses

Aldo
30-01-2016, 08:54 PM
We beat our 3rd PL team en route to the Ginal yet folk on here are still not happy saying players weren't great etc.

It's a team game.... Didnt make game but bro did and he said one of the best bits of play was when McGinn went on the run and just at the right time Dagnall made a run taking a player totally out of the game leaving space for McGinn.

He also said that the Midfield quartet played very very well together and they all worked very hard for the team.

RyeSloan
30-01-2016, 08:57 PM
Which pillar were you sitting behind? His movement off the ball is superb and it's only a matter of time before he starts banging in the goals. Was very unlucky on two occasions today

He was unlucky with his first which clipped the post I think but the second should have been buried or squared.

Certainly add work rate to our front line and as a previous poster mentioned that alone creates space for the midfield.

Can see him being a good signing but he'll have to score to stay in the side with stokesy about..

CraigHibee
30-01-2016, 08:58 PM
I've been impressed from what I've seen so far from Chris, looks to be a worthy addition to the team, good work rate and not feared to get in about it

hibby6270
30-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Still hasn't convinced me yet.

Had a couple of decent chances today, so I suppose he showed he can be in the right positions. Just as well they didn't matter. Bang in a few goals though and I could have a change of mind. Much rather have Keatings up front with JC if we're looking for work rate and skill.

Onion
30-01-2016, 09:00 PM

You're either on the wind up, a Yam or this has to be the most glass-half-empty post of the year so far. Unbelievable.

We've just beaten a top six Prem side in the semi-final of the League Cup and you think we achieved this with 4 decent players. :crazy:

Kaiserclem
30-01-2016, 09:03 PM
I thought Dagnall was terrific today, and was good last week as well. Strong, works extremely hard and his holding up of the ball ,iced with his deft touches are quality. I honestly believe he will help bring Cummings and Keatings on when playing with them as his experience will only help them.

is this the rabbit??

Pretty Boy
30-01-2016, 09:05 PM

This is an utterly baffling post.

Greenworld
30-01-2016, 09:13 PM
This is an utterly baffling post.
Yup his name best describes his dinky do

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
30-01-2016, 09:20 PM

Seriously??😮😮

Peevemor
30-01-2016, 09:22 PM
From what I've seen I reckon he'll be a real asset, however he gave the ball away cheaply on the edge of our box 2-3 times today when back defending - though I'm sure that will be addressed in training.

Waxy
30-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Wow Katie Hopkins is a hibby.

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2016, 09:38 PM

Hahahahahahahahaha

Borderhibbie76
30-01-2016, 09:40 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha
Think our pink chum is suffering a bit this evening 😂✋

Alfred E Newman
30-01-2016, 09:48 PM

Clown.

Dinkydoo
30-01-2016, 09:49 PM
Evidently I was watching another game from most on here. We were in control of the game, but we weren't great, I'd rather not kid myself on about it

kaimendhibs
30-01-2016, 09:51 PM
Evidently I was watching another game from most on here. We were in control of the game, but we weren't great, I'd rather not kid myself on about it

Really aye? Seen some funny posts on here but this tops them all

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2016, 09:52 PM

Okay what was your opinion of McGinn today? You seem to have put him in the mostly terrible bracket with the rest.

Dinkydoo
30-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Okay what was your opinion of McGinn today?
He's been better. He scored and put himself about

trev the hat
Clever player, with a good engine in him, I like him & he was unlucky not to score today.
Saying that I'd still have Stokes starting next week though.

Pretty Boy

So we were in control of a game, a semi final no less, against a team from a league above us. A team earlier in the season went to the home of the team currently topping our league and tore them apart and we weren't great?

You must be hard to please.

stanton_4
30-01-2016, 09:55 PM

My nephew plays for Raith and this is pretty much how he described Dagnall after playing against him.

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2016, 09:59 PM
He's been better. He scored and put himself about

He was immense, probably one of the best performances I have witnessed in a Hibs shirt from anyone, if he's been better I'm gutted I missed it!

Ritchie
30-01-2016, 10:02 PM

Correct. Thread closed

Alfred E Newman
30-01-2016, 10:03 PM

Looks like you were or maybe they have just let you out for the day.:jamboclow

Dinkydoo
30-01-2016, 10:07 PM
Great, so i'm a jambo now....Drunk maybe, but I'll never frequent that ****ing prison of a stadium week after week. I'm not sure how they manage to navigate around to the appropriate seat to be honest. What a joke that was

tamig
30-01-2016, 10:09 PM
I'm not sure yet. Looks very good at times and poor at others. Decent enough start to his Hibs career but can't help but think people are overdoing it a bit with the praise. Cant see him starting when Stokes is fit.

You seem to be a self proclaimed all things to do with the Hibs starting line up type of guy. You spout nothing but pish imo. Respect to your opinions in a bread man kind of way naturally.

Mibbes Aye
30-01-2016, 10:23 PM
I think Dagnall's been a good signing, a tidy player who offers a lot up front. Most especially, his off-the-ball play makes openings which is critical given how we like to play through midfield.

Can't help thinking that if he had managed to put away one of his chances so far then he would be getting raved about by all and sundry, instead of just most of us. Goals will come but I'm very happy that we have him as one of our forward options.

Lancs Harp
30-01-2016, 10:25 PM
My take n Dagers today, I thought he worked his b******s off although he struggled to get in the game for the best part of an hour but he had a great last half hour. Good movement and with a bit of luck in that last half hour he could have bagged himself a couple of goals.

Jonnyboy
30-01-2016, 10:26 PM

Ironically, you seem to be the only one you're kidding

Jdawg
30-01-2016, 10:31 PM

Rubbish. James Collins was utter garage with absolutely no game knowledge.

Dagnall does all the correct harrying, getting into positions/intelligent movement and holding play up.

James Collins was simply utter gash with piss poor touch, vision, finishing or game intelligence.

Let's see Dagnall in the next 5 games, we saw Collins bounce from crap performance to another.

bigwheel
30-01-2016, 10:35 PM
Rubbish. James Collims was utter garage with absolutely no game knowledge.

Dagnall does all the correct harrying, getting into positions and holding play up.

James Collins was simply utter gash with piss poor touch, vision or game intelligence.

Not a Collins fan then? :wink:

Scottie
30-01-2016, 10:41 PM

You seem to be a self proclaimed all things to do with the Hibs starting line up type of guy. You spout nothing but pish imo. Respect to your opinions in a bread man kind of way naturally.
:tee hee:

Jdawg
30-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Not a Collins fan then? :wink:

Haha, was anyone?

Couldn't care what he scored before or after hibs, he was rotten. Never a football player.

2-1 at home against the yams, ball fell to him to go 3-1 and he sliced it wide, sums him up.

Absolute donkey.

Ronniekirk
30-01-2016, 11:03 PM

Dinky do Scotty McLuev away and take a happy pill Geez oh chill out

Aldo
30-01-2016, 11:06 PM
Dinky do Scotty McLuev away and take a happy pill Geez oh chill out Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This.

LaMotta
30-01-2016, 11:10 PM
Rubbish. James Collins was utter garage with absolutely no game knowledge.

Dagnall does all the correct harrying, getting into positions/intelligent movement and holding play up.

James Collins was simply utter gash with piss poor touch, vision, finishing or game intelligence.

Let's see Dagnall in the next 5 games, we saw Collins bounce from crap performance to another.

Agree with all that about Collins - but there were threads on here early after his arrival saying all the same positive things about Collins that you and others are saying about Dagnall.

hibee-boys
30-01-2016, 11:11 PM
My nephew plays for Raith and this is pretty much how he described Dagnall after playing against him.

This. Sitting in gorgie stand you saw the impact he had on the defence and the openings he made by pulling defenders wide. This gave midfielders openings for a large proportion of the game. He might not be an instinctive goal scorer but he is a smart footballer.

The_Horde
30-01-2016, 11:11 PM

Actually agree with this, we weren't great but still seen sway ab okay St Johnstone side. That'll do for me

Jdawg
30-01-2016, 11:14 PM
Agree with all that about Collins - but there were threads on here early after his arrival saying all the same positive things about Collins that you and others are saying about Dagnall.

Didn't see it at all with Collins, looked a huddy from the start. Looked lost the entire time.

I appreciate your viewpoint though.

LaMotta
30-01-2016, 11:18 PM
Didn't see it at all with Collins, looked a huddy from the start. Looked lost the entire time.

I appreciate your viewpoint though.

Hope you are right about Dagnall mate!

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2016, 11:21 PM

I haven't read to the end of the thread yet so I may end up with a huge egg on my face but this is SURELY a massive massive joke????

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2016, 11:22 PM
He was immense, probably one of the best performances I have witnessed in a Hibs shirt from anyone, if he's been better I'm gutted I missed it!

I walked away saying how brilliant mcginn was today [emoji106]

Mibbes Aye
30-01-2016, 11:23 PM

I didn't dislike Collins - he gave every effort. I appreciate he did that.

Dagnall, even at this stage, looks a far more sophisticated player.

When Collins arrived we praised his workrate. Most of the positive comments about Dagnall are in relation to his movement.

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2016, 11:25 PM

Absolute rubbish. We controlled the game and completely deserved the win.

LaMotta
30-01-2016, 11:28 PM
I didn't dislike Collins - he gave every effort. I appreciate he did that.

Dagnall, even at this stage, looks a far more sophisticated player.

When Collins arrived we praised his workrate. Most of the positive comments about Dagnall are in relation to his movement.

The thing is there were plenty of people who were praising Collins touch, link up play and movement early on in his Hibs career. I don't care enough to look up the old threads but i remember the puzzlement at the time about these comments when i'd also like you seen nothing but workrate from him!

My_Wife_Camille
30-01-2016, 11:32 PM
Can't say I've ever noticed any of your posts tbh but I have no respect for someone who calls someone else's post pish without even an attempt to debate the point.

Anyway, go on and tell me which bit was pish? The bit where I said he looks very good sometimes? Or the bit where I said he looks poor sometimes? Or the bit where I said I can't see him starting much when Stokes is available?

Dinkydoo
30-01-2016, 11:35 PM
Absolute rubbish. We controlled the game and completely deserved the win.
We did to deserve to win.

Maybe I expect too much from Scottish football.....but I still didn't think it was a display to cream ourselves over. St Js weren't great either - obviously.

Mibbes Aye
30-01-2016, 11:45 PM
The thing is there were plenty of people who were praising Collins touch, link up play and movement early on in his Hibs career. I don't care enough to look up the old threads but i remember the puzzlement at the time about these comments when i'd also like you seen nothing but workrate from him!

I know :greengrin

I guess many hope for the best with a new signing and that translates into the good points being over-egged. As time goes on, that can potentially turn into defending huddys :agree:

Have to declare form here, I defended Andy Dow for a long, long time :greengrin

From a footballing point of view though, i like Dagnall's style of play. He offers something and I desperately hope he starts to convert one of his many chances - I'm reassured that when he has taken a shot it's been a decent effort and hopefully he starts putting them away.

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2016, 11:49 PM
We did to deserve to win.

Maybe I expect too much from Scottish football.....but I still didn't think it was a display to cream ourselves over. St Js weren't great either - obviously.

Maybe you do. I thought today was an entertaining cup tie that we dominated and showed that we could challenge the top 6. In fact, everyone I spoke to after the game thoroughly enjoyed the match and thought we deserved the win.

number9dream
30-01-2016, 11:50 PM
First half, I was thinking who is this duffer? Second half, much better - kept going like Duracell bunny but really should have stuck one of those two good chances away.

Golden Bear
30-01-2016, 11:53 PM
First half, I was thinking who is this duffer? Second half, much better - kept going like Duracell bunny but really should have stuck one of those two good chances away.

His time will come, he'll prove to be another worthwhile addition to the squad.

Hibee Mac
30-01-2016, 11:56 PM
I think his link up play is really good and he does well "defending from the front" by chasing down and forcing errors.

Has been unlucky not to score so far.

LaMotta
31-01-2016, 12:40 AM
I know :greengrin

I guess many hope for the best with a new signing and that translates into the good points being over-egged. As time goes on, that can potentially turn into defending huddys :agree:

Have to declare form here, I defended Andy Dow for a long, long time :greengrin

From a footballing point of view though, i like Dagnall's style of play. He offers something and I desperately hope he starts to convert one of his many chances - I'm reassured that when he has taken a shot it's been a decent effort and hopefully he starts putting them away.

Hope so too!!

Lee Marvin
31-01-2016, 01:21 AM
His intelligence and is miles ahead of most strikers we have had in years.he will score very soon. Very good player

matty_f
31-01-2016, 01:29 AM
Maybe you do. I thought today was an entertaining cup tie that we dominated and showed that we could challenge the top 6. In fact, everyone I spoke to after the game thoroughly enjoyed the match and thought we deserved the win.

I'm with you Callum. Like last week, I came away from the game havinh thoroughly enjoyed it. It was, imho, a good game that we deserved to win.

hfc rd
31-01-2016, 02:58 AM
I like him. He never gives up and always hussles and harries the defenders. His movement is very good and that's one aspect of his game that I've been really impressed with. His movement creates openings for our midfielders as he's dragging opposition CB's all over the place. All he needs is a goal and his confidence will go sky high. Deserved to stick one of those chances away.

Super_JMcGinn
31-01-2016, 03:22 AM
His time will come, he'll prove to be another worthwhile addition to the squad.

I believe it will be as early as Tuesday night. My £5 will be on him first goal scorer.

fatbloke
31-01-2016, 03:39 AM
He played very well. Losing Malonga doesn't feel as bad after Dagnall's display today. He deserved a goal for his efforts and was unlucky not to score. Great effort.

What he said
:agree::agree::agree:

bigwheel
31-01-2016, 07:57 AM
I agree with the comments about Dagnalls's movement and work rate. Looks a good experienced head for our team - think he'll get goals

This might have been a different thread had the boy scored when he lost possession trying to beat the boy at the edge of our box in the 92nd minute mind you !

mjhibby
31-01-2016, 08:01 AM

They were both from a tight angle. Made the first chance himself and peeled away for the second. He hit the post with the first chance and he has made a big difference in that we look more likely to score more goals than before. Cracking wee player.

ancient hibee
31-01-2016, 11:59 AM
They were both from a tight angle. Made the first chance himself and peeled away for the second. He hit the post with the first chance and he has made a big difference in that we look more likely to score more goals than before. Cracking wee player.

The second chance he should have given Cummings a tap in.Considering where he's been playing there could be more to come on the fitness side.I was very impressed by that.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2016, 12:08 PM
It wouldnt surprise me if we saw Stokes and Dagnall as a pairing quite a bit.

BoomtownHibees
31-01-2016, 12:08 PM

And dropping Cummings? Can't see it

ancient hibee
31-01-2016, 12:20 PM

I think that's more than likely.