PDA

View Full Version : Official 'Good Luck To The Staggies' Thread

Keith_M
30-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Come on Ross County, you know you can do it!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

Jim44
30-01-2016, 05:23 PM
Ironic that the Jambos and Huns will be rooting for a Celtic win.

hibsbollah
30-01-2016, 05:26 PM
I want Celtc. Bigger crowd, better atmosphere, more kudos when we win it. We have the individuals to beat anyone.

Keith_M
30-01-2016, 05:29 PM
I want Celtc. Bigger crowd, better atmosphere, more kudos when we win it. We have the individuals to beat anyone.

So you didn't enjoy beating Killie in 2007?

The atmosphere was poor?

Bristolhibby
30-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Ironic that the Jambos and Huns will be rooting for a Celtic win.

Jambos, I'll give you, but the Huns? No way!

They will be 100% behind Ross County.

J

Purehibee_MYB
30-01-2016, 05:33 PM

Potentially two of our best players wouldn't be able to play against their parent club though ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
30-01-2016, 05:33 PM
A final to look forward to, and be it Celtic or Ross County, at this moment I have no preference. Elated.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Not bothered who we play.

3 Premiership teams taken care of, what's another one?

Franck Stanton
30-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Potentially two of our best players wouldn't be able to play against their parent club though ..

Know what you are saying mate, however.....we won today without one of them anyway.

hibsbollah
30-01-2016, 05:38 PM

Stokes and Henderson would be in our first choice eleven, although Henderson might be on the bench if we aim for a more cautious formation.

Our spine of outstanding performers in Hanlon, McGinn and Cummings remains intact whoever we play in the final. No reason not to be confident.

Jim44
30-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Stokes and Henderson would be in our first choice eleven, although Henderson might be on the bench if we aim for a more cautious formation.

Our spine of outstanding performers in Hanlon, McGinn and Cummings remains intact whoever we play in the final. No reason not to be confident.

I wouldn't say we would be confident against Celtic, but we certainly won't be intimidated and feeling inferior.

--------
31-01-2016, 12:17 AM

Dagnall looks a useful performer (to say the least), and Keatings is another who can play a bit. Cummings is a class act, and by May I would imagine that KT would be fully fit and just the guy to stiffen the midfield. And there are other options available. We'd be the underdogs and no mistake, but we'll still be able to put out a more than decent side, I'd say.

truehibernian
31-01-2016, 12:22 AM
I genuinely don't think Celtic are that strong under Deila - absolutely we'd be big underdogs against them but we do actually perform well when we have space to play and not up against teams who park the bus.

Leigh bailed his manager out of late - he's the threat in that side.

Jack Hackett
31-01-2016, 12:23 AM
Dagnall looks a useful performer (to say the least), and Keatings is another who can play a bit. Cummings is a class act, and by May I would imagine that KT would be fully fit and just the guy to stiffen the midfield. And there are other options available. We'd be the underdogs and no mistake, but we'll still be able to put out a more than decent side, I'd say.

I hope he gets up to speed long before then, or he'll miss the final :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2016, 12:25 AM
Definitely hoping Ross County can spring a surprise. We'd have a good chance against them, IMO, but only a slim chance against Celtic. We deservedly won today, but it's a big step up from St Johnstone, when we have a big majority of the crowd, to Celtic at Hampden. I think we'd be favourites against Ross County, and that game would be a real opportunity to win the competition. A match against Celtic would be a very different proposition; we'd need everything to go plan on the day.

Perhaps County can do it, you never know, but again it's a long shot.

stoneyburn hibs
31-01-2016, 12:27 AM
Bring on the Celtic, scared ? Naw. Winnable ? Aye. Even without the two loanees this year is probably our best chance of turning them over. I'm confident in the ability of our team. They really are not unbeatable.
Some folk really need to get over the word Celtic before writing us off.

Thecat23
31-01-2016, 12:31 AM
Bring on the Celtic, scared ? Naw. Winnable ? Aye. Even without the two loanees this year is probably our best chance of turning them over. I'm confident in the ability of our team. They really are not unbeatable.
Some folk really need to get over the word Celtic before writing us off.

100% this! 👏🏼

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2016, 12:34 AM
Another advantage of a Ross County final: far more tickets for us, so again we'll have huge superiority in numbers, and, also, no contact with Old Firm fans - which is always good.

hfc rd
31-01-2016, 02:26 AM
I want Ross County to win as I can't stand those lesser green rats. Hope they do but if it is smeltic, then bring them on. On our day, we are capable of beating anyone in the country and shouldn't be under estimated or fear anyone.

greenlex
31-01-2016, 06:09 AM
Ross Countyare no mugs and right now are the iform team

Pete
31-01-2016, 06:27 AM
In the recent past I was in knots when it came to things like this. Celtic or United or Celtic or ICT in the final blah blah.

I couldn't care less right now to be honest. The much needed cash is in the bag, we are a second tier team and this is a great bonus if we win or not. I also have this faith that we're going in the right direction as a club which in turn gives me real hope that we can turn up and beat anyone, even Celtic.

I'll enjoy today's game with my feet up. :thumbsup:

dp00
31-01-2016, 06:54 AM
I don't care who we get... Just going to enjoy being there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lucky
31-01-2016, 07:42 AM
I'm not fussed, we don't control who we get. I'm just chuffed we are going to Hampden

kenny.ff
31-01-2016, 07:55 AM
Echo the above, not fussed who the winner of there game will be. If we take care of our game in the day then thats all that matters.

AL-Qaholik
31-01-2016, 08:09 AM
I took a double on Hibs to win with both teams to score & County to win - 500 sheets if it comes in - so aye, very good luck to the Staggies...!

Keith_M
31-01-2016, 08:22 AM
Another advantage of a Ross County final: far more tickets for us, so again we'll have huge superiority in numbers, and, also, no contact with Old Firm fans - which is always good.

:agree:

I've no idea why some people would prefer to share their day with 25,000 Celtc Fans.

I'd much rather see 75% of the ground full of Hibees and the rest occupied by other evolved life forms.

Onion
31-01-2016, 08:37 AM

:agree: Cannot believe any Hibs fan seriously wants Celtic. On their day, they're capable a thrashing teams. Griffiths is on fire and easily the most potent striker in Scotland, and I've wish to watch him bagging a hat-trick against Hibs. They'd have min 25k dirty fans at the match. Hibs would struggle to sell the 25k allocation which means lots of unwashed in the Hibs end (always happens). Henderson and Stokes are two of our best players and would miss out, greatly reducing our chances.

Stuff the glory of beating Celtic, we've already proven ourselves against good Prem sides in this competition and on that score probably deserve to win it.

3pm
31-01-2016, 08:53 AM
I will take whoever.

LancsHibs
31-01-2016, 09:00 AM
Ross County please. More chance of winning it & more chance of getting tickets together

Oscar T Grouch
31-01-2016, 09:25 AM
What will be will be. We're in the final that's all that matters. We can match any team in Scotland on our day, even without LH & AS. Celtic will be the harder match but finals aren't meant to be easy. Also I think it would give Dylan a chance to haunt his former team, which strangely, in football, happens quite often.

lord bunberry
31-01-2016, 09:32 AM
:agree: Cannot believe any Hibs fan seriously wants Celtic. On their day, they're capable a thrashing teams. Griffiths is on fire and easily the most potent striker in Scotland, and I've wish to watch him bagging a hat-trick against Hibs. They'd have min 25k dirty fans at the match. Hibs would struggle to sell the 25k allocation which means lots of unwashed in the Hibs end (always happens). Henderson and Stokes are two of our best players and would miss out, greatly reducing our chances.

Stuff the glory of beating Celtic, we've already proven ourselves against good Prem sides in this competition and on that score probably deserve to win it.
That's not true, when have we ever struggled to sell out for a cup final?

Pretty Boy
31-01-2016, 09:36 AM

Exactly. Was it 38K for Livi? 27K for Killie? We have sold out our 20 000ish allocation for every other final I remember.

I can't comment on pre 1990s but in my Hibs supporting lifetime we have always sold out cup finals comfortably.

mjhibby
31-01-2016, 09:38 AM
I genuinely don't think Celtic are that strong under Deila - absolutely we'd be big underdogs against them but we do actually perform well when we have space to play and not up against teams who park the bus.

He certainly is their main threat. Could do with him picking up a wee injury just so he misses the final. He'll not want to score against us.

lord bunberry
31-01-2016, 09:41 AM
Exactly. Was it 38K for Livi? 27K for Killie? We have sold out our 20 000ish allocation for every other final I remember.

I can't comment on pre 1990s but in my Hibs supporting lifetime we have always sold out cup finals comfortably.
:agree: The capacity for Hampden is 52k, both teams get around 22k with the rest going to sponsors etc. There will be a huge scramble for tickets and we'll sell out easily.

Onion
31-01-2016, 09:46 AM

Fair point, poor choice of words. Was thinking back to 2003, there were loads of Celtic fans in the Hibs section of the South Stand.

bigwheel
31-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Fair point, poor choice of words. Was thinking back to 2003, there were loads of Celtic fans in the Hibs section of the South Stand.

That was simply hospitality tickets sold to them...nothing to do with us not selling out...

Humo
31-01-2016, 10:23 AM
If Pat Fenlon can beat Lennon's celtic then Stubs can beat Delia's celtic

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

matty_f
31-01-2016, 10:47 AM
No point worrying about it - we'll be underdogs no matter who we're up against. Would rather go into the game able to call on Henderson and Stokes though, personally.

Keith_M
31-01-2016, 10:50 AM
No point worrying about it - we'll be underdogs no matter who we're up against. Would rather go into the game able to call on Henderson and Stokes though, personally.

:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2016, 10:51 AM

:agree: I'm not fussy either. Would prefer County for the same reasons but probably won't even watch the game later.

leggeto
31-01-2016, 11:07 AM
This time we've got to a final having a really good team,that wasn't the case when we got to the last two finals,I am confident we can cause an upset if Celtic get there

DH1875
31-01-2016, 11:11 AM
If RC can beat celtic then so can we. Would rarher play RC as I'd defo get a ticket but if its celtic, we'll beat them.

GreenArmyyy!
31-01-2016, 11:12 AM

No way, I will take County over Celtic, thanks for the offer though 👍

Hermit Crab
31-01-2016, 11:16 AM

LG is a booking away from missing the final isn't he?

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2016, 11:17 AM
LG is a booking away from missing the final isn't he?

Hope so - be great if he took one for the team today.

Bostonhibby
31-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Im a glory hunter so if its Ross County I have a chance of getting a ticket.:wink:

Seriously, want them, not because I disrespect them, they are having a good season and seem a decent club. We want to have Stokes who is a big game player available, and we want Henderson as well.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Hope so - be great if he took one for the team today.

Are there not 4 or 5 Celtic players a booking away ?

Was that the first time this season we went through a match without a Hibs player getting booked?

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Are there not 4 or 5 Celtic players a booking away ?

Hope so. Hope they take one for the team today. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
31-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Hope so. Hope they take one for the team today. :greengrin

:agree: Its only fair, if it wasn't for us their team wouldn't be around.

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2016, 12:36 PM

If County can pull off a surprise today, we'll get at least 30,000 for the final, and I reckon we'd sell them all.

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Does anyone know how many tickets County have for today?

NAE NOOKIE
31-01-2016, 01:08 PM
Why would anybody given the choice take a final v Celtic over one v Ross County.

We would obviously have a better chance of beating County, especially with Henderson & Stokes available. We would have over 30,000 tickets for a family friendly fun day out at Hampden ( see Hibs v Livvi and Hibs v Killie ) as opposed to 22,000 for a game with a much higher knuckle dragging quotient at the other end of the park. The Sellic fans were all nicey, nicey after the 2013 cup final, not to mention patronising ..... I wonder what it would have been like walking through them to our bus if Hibs had won?

Any suggestion that we couldn't shift over 30K tickets for a Ross County final is nonsense ... families will be happy to take their kids to such a low risk game and tickets will be cheap and easy to get. Nearly 40,000 were at Falkirk v ICT last May .... neither team has anything like Hibs fan base.

I fear its gonna be Sellik though.

emerald green
31-01-2016, 01:09 PM
I won't be wishing Ross County (or Celtic - they don't need it) "good luck" at all. It will be a very difficult game in the final whether it's Celtic or Ross County.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Even if county get through, there is no guarantee Hibs are a cert to win which is what I think some posters think on here. Whoever it is, it will be a very difficult match for us.

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2016, 01:19 PM
I won't be wishing Ross County (or Celtic - they don't need it) "good luck" at all. It will be a very difficult game in the final whether it's Celtic or Ross County.

Even if county get through, there is no guarantee Hibs are a cert to win which is what I think some posters think on here. Whoever it is, it will be a very difficult match for us.

A final against County would certainly be another big test, but there's no question our chances would be much better about Ross County than against Celtic. It goes without saying.

emerald green
31-01-2016, 01:27 PM
A final against County would certainly be another big test, but there's no question our chances would be much better about Ross County than against Celtic. It goes without saying.

I agree, but imagine wishing Ross County "good luck" for today, and they then turn up and beat Hibs in the final. So, no good luck messages from me.

31-01-2016, 01:31 PM

We've already beaten 3 premiership teams to get here, if we do end up winning it regardless of whether its celtic or county, nobody will be able to say we got it easy. We will fully deserve all the kudos.

Would love it to be County. Although it would still be a very tough game, we would have a better chance than if it was celtic. But if it is celtic then i think the squad have enough belief in themselves that we can cause a shock.

31-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Why would anybody given the choice take a final v Celtic over one v Ross County.

We would obviously have a better chance of beating County, especially with Henderson & Stokes available. We would have over 30,000 tickets for a family friendly fun day out at Hampden ( see Hibs v Livvi and Hibs v Killie ) as opposed to 22,000 for a game with a much higher knuckle dragging quotient at the other end of the park. The Sellic fans were all nicey, nicey after the 2013 cup final, not to mention patronising ..... I wonder what it would have been like walking through them to our bus if Hibs had won?

Any suggestion that we couldn't shift over 30K tickets for a Ross County final is nonsense ... families will be happy to take their kids to such a low risk game and tickets will be cheap and easy to get. Nearly 40,000 were at Falkirk v ICT last May .... neither team has anything like Hibs fan base.

I fear its gonna be Sellik though.

This. 30k for a game that doesn't involve the glasgow bigots is easily achievable. We took 40k to hampden for the livingston final in 2004.

iwasthere1972
31-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Does anyone know how many tickets County have for today?

TICKETS WILL BE ON SUNDAY FROM HAMPDEN PARK AS FOLLOWS:

ROSS COUNTY supporters should purchase tickets from the Ticket Outlet at the South West-side of the Stadium (off Letherby Drive) from 12 noon onwards

Celtic supporters should purchase tickets from the Ticket Outlet at the South-East side of the Stadium (off Aikenhead Road) from 10 am onwards

TO ASSIST IN THE STRICT POLICY OF SEGREGATION OF SUPPORTERS, THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS MUST BE STRICTLY ADHERED TO:

ROSS COUNTY SUPPORTERS WILL OCCUPY:
SOUTH STAND (SECTION P)

Ross County FC matchday ticket sales are South Stand only - Adults £20 & U16s £5

CELTIC SUPPORTERS WILL OCCUPY:
SOUTH STAND (SECTION P)
NORTH STAND (SECTIONS C & D)
EAST STAND (SECTIONS F & G)

Celtic FC matchday ticket sales are East Stand only - Adults £20 & U16s £5

Squealing pig
31-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Id rather have celtic

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2016, 01:45 PM
TICKETS WILL BE ON SUNDAY FROM HAMPDEN PARK AS FOLLOWS:

ROSS COUNTY supporters should purchase tickets from the Ticket Outlet at the South West-side of the Stadium (off Letherby Drive) from 12 noon onwards

Celtic supporters should purchase tickets from the Ticket Outlet at the South-East side of the Stadium (off Aikenhead Road) from 10 am onwards

TO ASSIST IN THE STRICT POLICY OF SEGREGATION OF SUPPORTERS, THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS MUST BE STRICTLY ADHERED TO:

ROSS COUNTY SUPPORTERS WILL OCCUPY:
SOUTH STAND (SECTION P)

Ross County FC matchday ticket sales are South Stand only - Adults £20 & U16s £5

CELTIC SUPPORTERS WILL OCCUPY:
SOUTH STAND (SECTION P)
NORTH STAND (SECTIONS C & D)
EAST STAND (SECTIONS F & G)

Celtic FC matchday ticket sales are East Stand only - Adults £20 & U16s £5

So Ross County will have part of Section P, South Stand? Sounds like just a few hundred! :confused:

It's on telly, isn't it?

iwasthere1972
31-01-2016, 01:52 PM
So Ross County will have part of Section P, South Stand? Sounds like just a few hundred! :confused:

It's on telly, isn't it?

:agree: BBC1 at 2.35pm.

Onion
31-01-2016, 01:52 PM
That was simply hospitality tickets sold to them...nothing to do with us not selling out...

It wasn't. We had a lot of them around us and our tickets were general sale. Fights breaking out. There was also strong rumours of Celtic fans registering with Hibs and picking up Hibs tickets during the sale.

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2016, 01:53 PM
:agree: BBC1 at 2.35pm.
:aok:

iwasthere1972
31-01-2016, 01:57 PM

Me too. A better chance of winning silverware, plenty tickets available and no squabbles on here regarding loyalty points, Glasgow all to ourselves......well almost and we'll have the east stand where I'll be able to pop out at half time for a smoke.

Onion
31-01-2016, 02:02 PM
I agree, but imagine wishing Ross County "good luck" for today, and they then turn up and beat Hibs in the final. So, no good luck messages from me.

If RC can beat Celtic and then Hibs in the Final, then fair play to them. They'll deserve it.

Strangely, I'm interested in Hibs having the best possible chance of winning matches & trophies and with Henderson and Stokes in the side against RC, we've definitely got an improved chance. Anyone who thinks our chances would be better against Celtic is just plain weird.

GordonHFC
31-01-2016, 02:26 PM
I have a slight dilemma. My five way accumulator is relying on a Celtic win for £100, however if RC win Stokes and Henderson can play in the final. Mmmmmm

emerald green
31-01-2016, 02:27 PM
If RC can beat Celtic and then Hibs in the Final, then fair play to them. They'll deserve it.

Strangely, I'm interested in Hibs having the best possible chance of winning matches & trophies and with Henderson and Stokes in the side against RC, we've definitely got an improved chance. Anyone who thinks our chances would be better against Celtic is just plain weird.

Not strangely, I agree. Just to be clear, I've never suggested, or thought for a split second, that Hibs will have a better chance in the final vs Celtic than RC. Having seen Hibs lose in 5 cup finals to Celtic I know that only too well.

Just saying there will be no good luck messages from me to any potential opponents in the final. No matter who they are.

JimBHibees
31-01-2016, 02:41 PM
Lets remember Griffiths Bitton and Johanssen are a yellow away from missing the final. Thompson being the ref doesn't fill me with joy though.

DH1875
31-01-2016, 02:43 PM

What final were we in in 2003???

DH1875
31-01-2016, 02:45 PM
It wasn't. We had a lot of them around us and our tickets were general sale. Fights breaking out. There was also strong rumours of Celtic fans registering with Hibs and picking up Hibs tickets during the sale.

What final are you talking about???

JimBHibees
31-01-2016, 02:46 PM
What final are you talking about???

Assuming it was the 2001 scottish was certainly a number of Celtic fans in Hibs end?

AL-Qaholik
31-01-2016, 03:02 PM
That's that f***ed then...

Aldo
31-01-2016, 03:05 PM
Assuming it was the 2001 scottish was certainly a number of Celtic fans in Hibs end?

2004 LC final v Livi??

DH1875
31-01-2016, 03:09 PM

I'd like to know how all these celtic fans managed to get tickets.
Our tickets DID NOT go to a general sale for the game. It went to a ballot for fans who bought tickets for the semi final as we had more fans at the semi than we had tickets for the final. Plenty Hibs fans missed out. I should know as I was one of them

--------
01-02-2016, 11:34 AM
I hope he gets up to speed long before then, or he'll miss the final :wink:

Yup, JH. THIS Final's in March - I realised that almost as soon as I posted.

Gettin auld.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-02-2016, 11:54 AM
I took a double on Hibs to win with both teams to score & County to win - 500 sheets if it comes in - so aye, very good luck to the Staggies...!

Well done sir!

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 12:35 PM
That's that f***ed then...

Oh yeah of little faith. :greengrin Well done. :not worth

Thecat23
01-02-2016, 12:40 PM
Reading through this, I can't believe anyone would want Celtic rather than County!

Celtic are still Scotland's best team so for Hibs to beat them we would have to be beyond our best. Yes we've beat the Dons etc, but Celtic are better!

We would also get less tickets than a County final so surely you would want more Hibs fans? I really just don't get that thinking. By no means do I think Hibs will turn up and win, but I'm more confident of us beating a Ross County side with Stokes and Henderson than facing Celtic without Stokes and Henderson.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-02-2016, 12:52 PM
Reading through this, I can't believe anyone would want Celtic rather than County!

Celtic are still Scotland's best team so for Hibs to beat them we would have to be beyond our best. Yes we've beat the Dons etc, but Celtic are better!

We would also get less tickets than a County final so surely you would want more Hibs fans? I really just don't get that thinking. By no means do I think Hibs will turn up and win, but I'm more confident of us beating a Ross County side with Stokes and Henderson than facing Celtic without Stokes and Henderson.

100% correct.

JimBHibees
01-02-2016, 01:02 PM

Spot on we now have a better chance of winning and will get more tickets plus we are able to play 2 key players in the final. No brainer.

--------
01-02-2016, 11:26 PM
Question - they've signed Goodwillie. Is he Cup-tied or can they play him in March?

Apologies if this has been dealt with already but I can't plough through all the threads.

Nevi_SOL
01-02-2016, 11:29 PM
Question - they've signed Goodwillie. Is he Cup-tied or can they play him in March?

Apologies if this has been dealt with already but I can't plough through all the threads.

Cup tied started for Aberdeen against us

ACLeith
01-02-2016, 11:31 PM

Cup tied, played against us

--------
01-02-2016, 11:32 PM
Cup tied started for Aberdeen against us

Thank you, kind sirs. That was the answer I was hoping for. :thumbsup:

monktonharp
02-02-2016, 12:19 AM
Thank you, kind sir. That was the answer I was hoping for. :thumbsup:you probably knew that, ya auld goat
:wink:

--------
02-02-2016, 12:53 AM
Cup tied, played against us

you probably knew that, ya auld goat
:wink:

Actually, I had forgotten.

At my advanced age, anxiety and paranoia frequently override memory.

I'm a total wreck. man.

silverhibee
02-02-2016, 01:36 AM
F*** the Staggies.

:flag: :gwa: :flag:

iwasthere1972
02-02-2016, 01:39 AM
F*** the Staggies.

:flag: :gwa: :flag:

Well I wouldn't go that far.