PDA

View Full Version : Bad news guys

Diclonius
30-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Just been reported that if Hibs and Celtic win their semis then Celtic won't let us play Henderson or Stokes in the final.

Naw, really. This is news?

3pm
30-01-2016, 10:37 AM
No surprise and what I'd expect.

Hibernia&Alba
30-01-2016, 10:39 AM
Unless we can replace them with Messi and Ronaldo, we wouldn't beat Celtic in a final anyway.

jodjam
30-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Unless we can replace them with Messi and Ronaldo, we wouldn't beat Celtic in a final anyway.

That's the spirit

MWHIBBIES
30-01-2016, 10:42 AM
Unless we can replace them with Messi and Ronaldo, we wouldn't beat Celtic in a final anyway.If Killie can beat them in a final with Michael Nelson center back we can do it with this team.

Billy Whizz
Think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves

Hibernia&Alba
That's the spirit

Just a realistic assessment. If we played Celtic ten times, we might win one or perhaps two at a push, IMO. No better than a twenty per cent chance. It could be one of those days, but it's unlikely.

jodjam
30-01-2016, 10:45 AM
Just a realistic assessment. If we played Celtic ten times, we might win one or perhaps two at a push, IMO. No better than a twenty per cent chance. It could be one of those days, but it's unlikely.

I agree with above but original post said we wouldn't beat them. We have a chance against any team in Scotland

Since90+2
30-01-2016, 10:48 AM

Pretty sure we would have a chance with either Messi or Ronaldo , not sure we would need both just to be in with a chance :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
30-01-2016, 10:49 AM

Och, let's just give Saints the game as it's obviously a waste of time.

Ronniekirk
30-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves

To sleep per chance to dream

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
30-01-2016, 10:51 AM
Och, let's just give Saints the game as it's obviously a waste of time.

Au contraire, one step at a time. I've tipped us 2-1 today. Saints aren't Celtic.

WillowbraeHibby
30-01-2016, 10:54 AM
A wee bit disappointed with this news. If Celtic believe that they have a decent enough squad, and they farm out loan players, who cannot get game time with them, then why bother loaning them out?
Surely they cannot be afraid of the competition??

Yes, this not only applies to Celtic I know, but how will their loanees progress, if not playing against "Top opposition".. Which they believe they are!

My thoughts only...

bigwheel
30-01-2016, 10:57 AM
This reeks of a "should wait until tomorrow" thread - we have a huge game to win before this becomes a concern.

Keith_M
30-01-2016, 11:00 AM
A wee bit disappointed with this news. If Celtic believe that they have a decent enough squad, and they farm out loan players, who cannot get game time with them, then why bother loaning them out?

Yes, this not only applies to Celtic I know, but how will their loanees progress, if not playing against "Top opposition".. Which they believe they are!

My thoughts only...

TBF, if Hibs were in the same position, I'd want them to do the same.

No more Mr Nice Guy.

Anyway, it's irrelevant just now as St Johnstone are all we should be thinking about ATM

p.s. Come On The Staggies!!!!!!!!!

Beefster
30-01-2016, 11:01 AM

My thoughts only...

If we got to the final and beat Celtic 2-0 with Stokes and Henderson getting the goals, Celtic would look like proper tits for letting them play. It's entirely right that loanees can't play against and harm their parent club.

WillowbraeHibby
30-01-2016, 11:06 AM
TBF, if Hibs were in the same position, I'd want them to do the same.

No more Mr Nice Guy.

Anyway, it's irrelevant just now as St Johnstone are all we should be thinking about ATM

p.s. Come On The Staggies!!!!!!!!!

Fair comment....

Newry Hibs
30-01-2016, 11:07 AM
This reeks of a "should wait until tomorrow" thread - we have a huge game to win before this becomes a concern.

That's right. Wait until it is a problem. Remember last years SFA cup final when we all worried about Leigh playing against us. He wasn't very effective that day.

Lago
30-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Just been reported that if Hibs and Celtic win their semis then Celtic won't let us play Henderson or Stokes in the final.

Naw, really. This is news?
They must really fear us.

Bristolhibby
30-01-2016, 11:38 AM

My thoughts only...

TBH every club in the world would do the same thing. League or Cup. They pay the bulk of their wages in most cases and hold their contract, would be ludicrous to allow an employee to prevent them winning a cup.

J

Waxy
30-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Cmon Ross County.

lord bunberry
30-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Rubbish, they're the best team in the country, but hardly unbeatable.

Hibernia&Alba
30-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Rubbish, they're the best team in the country, but hardly unbeatable.

They aren't unbeatable, that's certainly true. This is an average Celtic team, as their European results demonstrate, but they're still by far the best team in Scotland and we'd need a near perfect performance to beat them. It would be a huge step up for us, being accustomed to Championship opposition for two seasons now. As I say, I think we'd be about 10/1 against - a long shot.

Pete
30-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Hibs v St Johnstone

Ross County v Brazil 1982

On reflection, we didn't half get a good draw!

BoomtownHibees
30-01-2016, 12:13 PM

**** sake. Why even bother turning up today?

Borderhibbie76
30-01-2016, 12:33 PM
Let's just concentrate on today and hopefully worry about this 2moro guys ah

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edson Arantes
30-01-2016, 12:56 PM

Your irrepressible confidence is positively oozing out of my iPad :confused:

:gwa:

--------
30-01-2016, 04:29 PM
If we got to the final and beat Celtic 2-0 with Stokes and Henderson getting the goals, Celtic would look like proper tits for letting them play. It's entirely right that loanees can't play against and harm their parent club.

Absolutely. IIRC there was a fair bit of complaint on here a couple of years ago when Callum Booth played for Raith against us in the Scottish when he was still a signed Hibs player - on loan.

We're in the Final. What happens, happens, but of everyone gives 100% on the day, who knows what the result might be?

Mr White
30-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Dagnall and cummings up top again, Bartley in for Henderson. If it's celtic we play i won't be surprised if we lose but i expect us to compete.

southern hibby
30-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Don't give a monkeys about Celtic will do this Celtic will do that. That's been our problem too long bothering about other teams. Since AS came I say let other teams bother about what we're going to do.

In Stubbs I trust.

GGTTH

AinsterHibs
30-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Dagnall and cummings up top again, Bartley in for Henderson. If it's celtic we play i won't be surprised if we lose but i expect us to compete.

This, or sneak it.

hfc rd
31-01-2016, 12:03 AM

Anything can happen in a cup final mate. The unfacied team is always capable of pulling off a result against the big favourite. Example being Wigan Athletic against Manchester City in the 2013 FA Cup final. We are capable of beating anyone on our day.

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2016, 12:08 AM
Anything can happen in a cup final mate. The unfacied team is always capable of pulling off a result against the big favourite. Example being Wigan Athletic against Manchester City in the 2013 FA Cup final. We are capable of beating anyone on our day.

True, we've seen countless upsets happen over the years - it can happen - that's the beauty of sport; it's just a big ask of a Championship team to beat the four in a row champions. A Ross County final is much my preference, but if it's to be Celtic, we can go to Hampden with no pressure, so, hopefully, play with freedom.

Pete
31-01-2016, 12:23 AM

:agree:

I remember the 1985 FA cup final. An unfancied, unfashionable mid-table team shocked one of the best sides in Europe.

:greengrin