PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibernian 2 - 1 St Johnstone (Cummings pen., McGinn) FT

Pages : 1 [2]

Newry Hibs
30-01-2016, 04:23 PM
15980 15981

Nice of Stubbsy to take the pics!

Bristolhibby
30-01-2016, 04:25 PM
Sunday March 13

I have a dilemma. It's my youngest lads 5th birthday. Not sure how to break this to the missus.

Will be pushing hard for a Saturday birthday party.

J

Borderhibbie76
30-01-2016, 04:25 PM
Great performance, sets us up nicely to face the Gunts.
Got a huge game on Tuesday to win 1st pal

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Newry Hibs
30-01-2016, 04:27 PM
I have a dilemma. It's my youngest lads 5th birthday. Not sure how to break this to the missus.

Will be pushing hard for a Saturday birthday party.

J

Start phoning all the 'jungle jim party places' now booking up the Sunday.

jabis
30-01-2016, 04:29 PM
when are the highlights on?

The_Sauz
30-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Who was the last team outside the premiership to get to a major cup final?

Bristolhibby
30-01-2016, 04:42 PM
Who was the last team outside the premiership to get to a major cup final?

Falkirk last season no?

Beat us 1-0 in the semi. Mugs, as ICT did the business v Celtic in the other semi.

J

Ozyhibby
30-01-2016, 04:45 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160130/516a3990b8b6032202cb3cbedd433306.jpg

Yasssss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

high bee
30-01-2016, 04:50 PM
Bit of tension at Haymarket with some young St Hohnstone fans trying to instigate trouble. Sad really.

NYHibby
30-01-2016, 04:52 PM
15980 15981

Those sandwiches don't look too good.

The ceiling tiles are gross as well. Is that the home dressing room?

Heisenberg
30-01-2016, 04:52 PM
We are easily a good enough team for the top six in the Scottish premiership, probably higher. Our midfield is simply magnificent and McGinn the best signing we've made for a very long time.

David Wotherspoon is still pish as well by the way.

Bishop Hibee
30-01-2016, 04:53 PM
Warming up in the Cask and Barrel. Great performance and result. Glory glory 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

YehButNoBut
30-01-2016, 04:56 PM
Goals from BBC not great copy but hopefully ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ozt16iup-Q&feature=youtu.be

high bee
30-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Whatever happens in the league, that's us convincingly beaten 3 Premiership teams, 2 of which are in the top 6. That experience and confidence will be crucial if we end up in the playoffs.

Aldo
30-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Those sandwiches don't look too good. The ceiling tiles are gross as well. Is that the home dressing room?

Sure is and the away dressing room is less than half the size. Absolute ***** hole of a stand/stadium

shamo9
30-01-2016, 05:03 PM
15980 15981

Class pictures. It was great marching through Gorgie as part of the green and white army:flag:

Bring on Morton :thumbsup:

Northernhibee
30-01-2016, 05:03 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160130/516a3990b8b6032202cb3cbedd433306.jpg

Yasssss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wee Lewie at the back, show off :greengrin

high bee
30-01-2016, 05:10 PM
I would hate that to be our stadium, it's a dingy hole of a place. They bang on about the lack of atmosphere at ER which is BS if you ask me. A few weeks ago when Dom scored late on against QOS the atmosphere was tremendous and just as good as today IMO.

I was in the Wheatfield and was expecting a bit more, there was barely room for me to stand or sit and the stairs were like a cliff edge. As for the food, it was some of the worst I've had at a ground.

So glad I'm a Hibee!

vincipernoi
30-01-2016, 05:13 PM
good to see Tam McCourt in pride of place practising for the final celebrations.....

and why is levein in the photo (front right)

Bristolhibby
30-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Those sandwiches don't look too good.

The ceiling tiles are gross as well. Is that the home dressing room?

Was thinking that when I saw it. Look like those cheap Morissons finger rolls that you buy for a kids party.

J

Onion
30-01-2016, 05:28 PM
Just back and got to say one of the best and most enjoyable performances by a Hibs midfield in ages, controlled and dominated the game. 2-1 flattered St J, who were a lot poorer than expected and looked low on confidence. Great support, horrible ground, and first class attitude by the players taking the game to St J from the off. Full credit to Stubs for preparing them and getting the up for the game. We've seen so many Hibs teams start off poorly in matches like this, so all the more remarkable.

McGinn was outstanding today, looked every inch the top class player on the big occasion. But my MOTM goes to Paul Hanlon. I've not been his biggest fan, but he was sensational today from start to finish.

Would love to get RC in the final so Stokes and Henderson can play. Would be a cracking final.

Well done Hibs.

Onion
30-01-2016, 05:39 PM
We are easily a good enough team for the top six in the Scottish premiership, probably higher. Our midfield is simply magnificent and McGinn the best signing we've made for a very long time.

David Wotherspoon is still pish as well by the way.

Under Stubbs, Hibs have moved on from the doldrums and fans' acceptance of bog average as decent. The standard Stubbs has set with the players he has brought in is a lot higher than some of the the dross we've seen at Hibs in the last few years, and it is sooooo ****ing refreshing.

At last, we have manager who set standards in keeping with the status of the club and we're all going to reboot our expectations. Need to enjoy Stubbs while we have him.

cabbageandribs1875
30-01-2016, 05:52 PM
what a game, what a day out :thumbsup: the best team on the day won...FACT, anyone not there can watch a cracking goal from McGinn whenever the highlights are on, my bro inlaw went on and on about it all the way along dalry road to platform 5 :greengrin well done to the saintees fans for their 3 songs :agree: they beat their smoke bombs by 3-2, p.s. what a step back in time the wonga dome main stand truly is, wooden floorboards and all

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-01-2016, 06:14 PM
Yeeeeeessss!!!

SteveHFC
30-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Absoutley brilliant getting back to another major final.

I'm away uptown now to get absoutley smashed and celebrate my birthday. :flag:

ancient hibee
30-01-2016, 06:33 PM
Makes a big difference to enjoyment when both teams are trying to win instead of one just trying not to lose heavily.

Jones28
30-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Absoutley brilliant getting another back to a major final.

Have a good one mate 👍🍻

emerald green
30-01-2016, 06:35 PM
Congratulations to everyone at Hibernian FC on the club reaching its 10th Scottish League Cup final.

Well deserved, and the far better team won today.

jacomo
30-01-2016, 06:47 PM
Absoutley brilliant getting back to another major final.

Happy birthday. Well done Hibs, again.

SteveHFC
30-01-2016, 06:53 PM
Happy birthday. Well done Hibs, again.

Birthday's not to Tuesday but thanks though :greengrin

truehibernian
30-01-2016, 07:00 PM
McGinn was excellent second half, top performance when needed. I thought Fontaine was a standout too - blocked shots, won his headers, composed on the ball.

Just a great win and perfect start to a difficult run of games.

Famous Fiver
30-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Ancient Hibee, you make a good point.

Saints tried to, but couldn't get out, while others at ER have parked the bus. When they did get out, we had, what we never usually have, space, and boy, did McGinn not use it.

Also fnny how their goalie suddenly had after burners in his boots at 2-1 after doing a great impression of a sleepwalker for 75 minutes.

lucky
30-01-2016, 07:32 PM
I thought they were as poor as St.Mirren were last week. Hibs midfield totally dominated the game. I don't think any of their players would get in the Hibs team. O'Halloran is never worth £600k, he looked clueless. I thought their support was pathetic, there were quiet a few empty seats and certainly none in the Hibs end. Their fans seemed a bit moany. Overall the best team won

matty_f
30-01-2016, 08:00 PM
All about the Hibs - totally deserved to go through, no failures in the team at all today.

Lucius Apuleius
30-01-2016, 08:25 PM
I thought the saintees were rubbish, negative, and parked the bus. How many shots did they have on target?

HH81
30-01-2016, 09:33 PM
St J's were never in the game and were lucky to get away with 2-1. I think we bossed it.

Glad I am home now though!

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2016, 09:35 PM
All about the Hibs - totally deserved to go through, no failures in the team at all today.

2-1 flattered them, could have been 4 or 5.........Dominated bar first ten minutes of second half...........

J-C
30-01-2016, 11:52 PM
Went out to work early, parked up taxi and went to the game, straight back to work and just in the door.

Very happy with the win and the way we played, dominant from start to finish, not going to say who was MOM as I felt it was a superb team performance from back to front, final here we come. :flag::thumbsup:

hfc rd
31-01-2016, 01:37 AM
Fantastic performance all round. We controlled the game and could have scored much more today than just 2. Fantastic result, fantastic performance, great to be a Hibby and Hampden here we come!

Super_JMcGinn
31-01-2016, 02:00 AM
Just back and got to say one of the best and most enjoyable performances by a Hibs midfield in ages, controlled and dominated the game. 2-1 flattered St J, who were a lot poorer than expected and looked low on confidence. Great support, horrible ground, and first class attitude by the players taking the game to St J from the off. Full credit to Stubs for preparing them and getting the up for the game. We've seen so many Hibs teams start off poorly in matches like this, so all the more remarkable.

McGinn was outstanding today, looked every inch the top class player on the big occasion. But my MOTM goes to Paul Hanlon. I've not been his biggest fan, but he was sensational today from start to finish.

Would love to get RC in the final so Stokes and Henderson can play. Would be a cracking final.

Well done Hibs.

Can I ask why you would give Hanlon MOTM over McGinn McGeouch or even Stevenson for that matter ? what did he do that was out of the ordinary ?

truehibernian
31-01-2016, 02:06 AM
Can I ask why you would give Hanlon MOTM over McGinn McGeouch or even Stevenson for that matter ? what did he do that was out of the ordinary ?

Fontaine was my MotM - whole 90 he was solid.

McGinn was indeed superb second half, but we were solid defensively thanks to Liam Fontaine for me.

Super_JMcGinn
31-01-2016, 02:14 AM

McGinn was indeed superb second half, but we were solid defensively thanks to Liam Fontaine for me.

I couldn't argue with any of that.

SeanWilson
31-01-2016, 07:16 AM

No danger! Great day for the team yesterday but Fontaine was a weak link at the back for me. Lost count of the amount of headers he missed/balls he let bounce awkwardly etc... Gray, Hanlon and Stevenson had much, much better games.

Peevemor
31-01-2016, 09:20 AM
No danger! Great day for the team yesterday but Fontaine was a weak link at the back for me. Lost count of the amount of headers he missed/balls he let bounce awkwardly etc... Gray, Hanlon and Stevenson had much, much better games.

Opinions eh...

Sammy7nil
31-01-2016, 10:19 AM

McGinn was motm by a mile. Stevenson was very average bordering on poor that is why he did not get motm :greengrin

snooky
31-01-2016, 05:25 PM
McGinn was motm by a mile. Stevenson was very average bordering on poor that is why he did not get motm :greengrin
Sometimes I think your position in the ground can affect your impression of the game and choice of motm e.g. the above difference of opinions.

Hibby Kay-Yay
31-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Our semi final thread - 10 pages.

Celtc semi final thread - 18 pages :rolleyes:

Bring on the county :agree:

BoomtownHibees
31-01-2016, 05:37 PM

Maybe cos most folk were at the game yesterday no??

hibee_girl
31-01-2016, 05:37 PM

Probably because most folk were at the game yesterday instead of posting on here.