hibby rae
29-01-2016, 02:22 PM
What a guy! This is quite enjoyable.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/freeview

Q. 'What's your favourite strip?'

A. 'Eh...I quite like the green ones.'

bigwheel
29-01-2016, 02:37 PM
Top class Hibs man - humble and great pro!

Hiber-nation
29-01-2016, 02:46 PM
Great stuff from Lewy!

anon1875
29-01-2016, 02:54 PM
he's my favorite hibs player of my generation

bigwheel
29-01-2016, 03:10 PM
he's my favorite hibs player of my generation

Im a lot older, but he is my favourite current Hibs player too...great interview..

one thing though, don't let any young kids watch the extended interview...He talks a little bit too loosely about Santa ! :wink:

hibby rae
29-01-2016, 03:17 PM
Im a lot older, but he is my favourite current Hibs player too...great interview..

one thing though, don't let any young kids watch the extended interview...He talks a little bit too loosely about Santa ! :wink:

What's this about Santa like? He's ok isn't he?

kenny.ff
29-01-2016, 03:41 PM
Great servant over the years, wonder who the next player to do 10 years+ in the 1st team will be. Hes no amzing footballer but the effort he puts in more than makes up for it, consistant and profesional. Seems a genuine lad aswell

hibby rae
29-01-2016, 03:43 PM
Great servant over the years, wonder who the next player to do 10 years+ in the 1st team will be. Hes no amzing footballer but the effort he puts in more than makes up for it, consistant and profesional. Seems a genuine lad aswell

Hanlon can't be far off ten.

hibby rae
29-01-2016, 03:45 PM
One of the things I like most about him is his determination. No matter how hard he is hit he gets back up as quickly as possible. No rolling about, no looking for a foul. He wants to keep playing.

wookie70
29-01-2016, 03:46 PM
Great interview. Very honest to admit his performances may have got better as his diet improved and he worked harder at training. I hope he sees out his footballing days with Hibs. He has been amazingly professional in the face of some shocking abuse and having the misfortune of being in a few very poor teams. Very good to hear he feels he is in the best shape he has been in, credit to Lewis and Hibs for that.

Bayern Bru
29-01-2016, 03:55 PM
I've got a lot of love for Lewis. :love ya!:

Feel he's a really genuine guy, no bulls*** and always gives 100%.

bigwheel
29-01-2016, 04:07 PM
What's this about Santa like? He's ok isn't he?

Don't worry , he is fine ! Having a well earned rest [emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibbyAndy
29-01-2016, 04:09 PM
" Whats that hing called again"...'Oh aye Chambers street' :hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

Brilliant as ever Lewis :thumbsup::thumbsup:

monktonharp
29-01-2016, 04:13 PM
One of the things I like most about him is his determination. No matter how hard he is hit he gets back up as quickly as possible. No rolling about, no looking for a foul. He wants to keep playing.spot on. was a player that I once thought...time to move on.. not anymore, ...must stay! and likewise Hanlon who is having his best season yet.

CallumLaidlaw
29-01-2016, 04:19 PM
spot on. was a player that I once thought...time to move on.. not anymore, ...must stay! and likewise Hanlon who is having his best season yet.

:agree: I was maybe after a game while Calderwood was in charge, I remember texting my sister after a match (who absolutely loves him) saying that he simply wasn't good enough. Now he's one of the first names on the team sheet for me. consumate professional, very determined & very consistent.

Stantons Angel
29-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Great interview. Very honest to admit his performances may have got better as his diet improved and he worked harder at training. I hope he sees out his footballing days with Hibs. He has been amazingly professional in the face of some shocking abuse and having the misfortune of being in a few very poor teams. Very good to hear he feels he is in the best shape he has been in, credit to Lewis and Hibs for that.

You are so right there about the abuse he took online and during the games. i just love the lad and have always stuck up for him. He was played in so many positions by so many different managers and always gave 100% despite the abuse being hurled at him.
It was a good interview and the honesty was refreshing in respect of his diet and training regimes when he was much younger. He also realises that time has went fast so quickly for him at Hibs too.
It says a lot about his strength of character to have come through all he has and still has the enthusiasm and determination to want more of the good times.

I just hope the next few games go our way and that he does get to experience more of those special days he has before him.
Good Luck Lewis.

hibby rae
29-01-2016, 06:07 PM
Don't worry , he is fine ! Having a well earned rest [emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phew!

Super_JMcGinn
29-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Phew!
Has totally excelled in this division, still don't think he is good enough for the top flight though, too one footed and his height is a huge disadvantage in his playing position.
That said, I would love to see him get a well deserved testimonial and I for one would be there.

HoboHarry
29-01-2016, 06:21 PM
If we put him up for sale there would be half a dozen top flight teams looking to buy him but don't let that stand in the way of your nonsensical statements.

stanton_4
29-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Grounded, humble, dedicated and clearly understands just how lucky he is to be in a job most of us would sell our Granny to be in :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
29-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Has totally excelled in this division, still don't think he is good enough for the top flight though, too one footed and his height is a huge disadvantage in his playing position.
That said, I would love to see him get a well deserved testimonial and I for one would be there.

The height part is a myth. When Hibs gave some fans a presentation at east mains, Stevenson won a higher amount of headers than a lot of team mates and certainly won more than he lost.

hibby rae
29-01-2016, 06:52 PM
If we put him up for sale there would be half a dozen top flight teams looking to buy him but don't let that stand in the way of your nonsensical statements.

Did McCall not say he wanted him at Motherwell?

Onceinawhile
29-01-2016, 06:59 PM

Indeed. I mean look at David Murphy, small, one footed and absolutely rank because of it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-01-2016, 07:09 PM
Testimonial soon me thinks. Well deserved as well.

superfurryhibby
29-01-2016, 07:10 PM
Indeed. I mean look at David Murphy, small, one footed and absolutely rank because of it.

Murphy had the advantage in that he was a much better footballer:cb:

No matter your views on the merits of Lewis, he's been a very good servant to Hibs. By all accounts a model professional and every club needs that kind of player in the dressing room. I sincerely hope that he marks his decade in the first team at ER by excelling in the top flight.

Billy
29-01-2016, 07:14 PM
The height part is a myth. When Hibs gave some fans a presentation at east mains, Stevenson won a higher amount of headers than a lot of team mates and certainly won more than he lost.

That is true, I gave the presentation 😉

Smartie
29-01-2016, 07:14 PM

Yup. Same with that Messi chap at Barcelona.

I thought only Levein would want a big galoot instead of Lewis but no, we seem to have some amongst our support too. Since when did you need to be big to play left-back? Stamina to get up and down, strong in the tackle, good strongest foot for the side you're playing on, decent passing ability……you can get by without being big at LB

People who hound Lewis Stevenson deserve to watch Ryan McGivern and Rowan Vine every week.

And we need to put this "honest trier" business to bed once and for all as well, there is so much more to him than determination. He is maturing onto a fine football player, his first touch has improved beyond belief - it doesn't matter what league you're playing in or how one-footed you are, if you can improve your game to that extent then you deserve immense credit.

His final ball is improving as well - where is he in the assist charts?

Superb player and like Hanlon we are lucky to have him.

The Sundance Kid
29-01-2016, 07:20 PM
Yup. Same with that Messi chap at Barcelona.

I thought only Levein would want a big galoot instead of Lewis but no, we seem to have some amongst our support too. Since when did you need to be big to play left-back? Stamina to get up and down, strong in the tackle, good strongest foot for the side you're playing on, decent passing ability……you can get by without being big at LB

People who hound Lewis Stevenson deserve to watch Ryan McGivern and Rowan Vine every week.

And we need to put this "honest trier" business to bed once and for all as well, there is so much more to him than determination. He is maturing onto a fine football player, his first touch has improved beyond belief - it doesn't matter what league you're playing in or how one-footed you are, if you can improve your game to that extent then you deserve immense credit.

His final ball is improving as well - where is he in the assist charts?

Superb player and like Hanlon we are lucky to have him.

He's top of the assist chart for this season with 7, was second with only Scott Allan above him last year as well

Jonnyboy
29-01-2016, 07:38 PM

After reading your views on Jason Cummings, you'll forgive me for saying this post about Lewis is just as nonsensical.

I have to say I am delighted for Lewis that he's won over the vast majority of fans. He's had his critics over the years, the most vicious of those hardly ever having seen him play, but he's done what he always does - knuckled down, got on with it and proved those doubters wrong.

First touch is excellent, reading of the game also. Workrate, superb. Dedication to his job, faultless.

Oh and by the way, the fact that I'm in the background in his pic at the CIS Cup celebration on the pitch at ER, has not coloured my judgement :greengrin I spoke to him that night and he was blown away by the reception in the steets and in the stadium.

StevieBoyKdy
29-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Me and my Hibs mate bumped into him a few times when he was coming through to the first team, certainly matured now. I got into an argument with him in a night club haha. Told him I'm paying your wages!

Iggy Pope
29-01-2016, 08:32 PM
Me and my Hibs mate bumped into him a few times when he was coming through to the first team, certainly matured now. I got into an argument with him in a night club haha. Told him I'm paying your wages!

I sat at his table when he got the YPOTY at Easter Road. Understated to say the least. Were you and your Hibs mate maybe a wee bit pished?

bingo70
29-01-2016, 08:32 PM
After reading your views on Jason Cummings, you'll forgive me for saying this post about Lewis is just as nonsensical.

I have to say I am delighted for Lewis that he's won over the vast majority of fans. He's had his critics over the years, the most vicious of those hardly ever having seen him play, but he's done what he always does - knuckled down, got on with it and proved those doubters wrong.

First touch is excellent, reading of the game also. Workrate, superb. Dedication to his job, faultless.

Oh and by the way, the fact that I'm in the background in his pic at the CIS Cup celebration on the pitch at ER, has not coloured my judgement :greengrin I spoke to him that night and he was blown away by the reception in the steets and in the stadium.

Sign of the times you don't even get an argument from me on the subject.

For me the big thing for Lewis was finding a position that suits him, I still don't think he was a particularly good midfielder or left winger but he's been excellent in the role Stubbs has played him in and long may it continue.

Jonnyboy
29-01-2016, 08:48 PM
Sign of the times you don't even get an argument from me on the subject.

For me the big thing for Lewis was finding a position that suits him, I still don't think he was a particularly good midfielder or left winger but he's been excellent in the role Stubbs has played him in and long may it continue.

:aok:

For clarification, you're not the one who was vicious, bingo :greengrin

Craig_HFC
30-01-2016, 12:51 AM
I love the wee man. Total hero.

StevieBoyKdy
30-01-2016, 12:56 AM
I sat at his table when he got the YPOTY at Easter Road. Understated to say the least. Were you and your Hibs mate maybe a wee bit pished?

I'll save his bacon since he's turned out to be a loyal servant to the club but it was more than deserved, when I say argument, I mean light hearted banter shall we say.

hibeesboii
30-01-2016, 01:05 AM
On the train tonight to Glasgow, and I met a Falkirk fan. He thinks we have the best attacking player in the league in Cummings. But the weakest defender in stevenson? But then he thought Houston was a roaster so he was okay!! 😂

Borderhibbie76
30-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Total and absolute rubbish...no offence

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hibby rae
30-01-2016, 10:01 AM
Just out of interest, cause obviously he'll be a staunch Hibby now, does anyone know what his boyhood team was?

We should consider appropriating the Tartan Army's Christian Dailly song for Lewie.

hibee_girl
30-01-2016, 10:02 AM
Just out of interest, cause obviously he'll be a staunch Hibby now, does anyone know what his boyhood team was?

Raith rovers

hibby rae
30-01-2016, 10:03 AM
Raith rovers

That's acceptable ;)

EdinMike
30-01-2016, 10:05 AM
I'll be at the wee mans testimonial with whistles and bells on (which will no doubt be confiscated by the stewards before entering...)

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2016, 10:13 PM
I'll be at the wee mans testimonial with whistles and bells on (which will no doubt be confiscated by the stewards before entering...)

Me too. As will all of my group I reckon. Not one of us were interested in Ian murrays b

Shrekko
30-01-2016, 10:15 PM
Raith rovers

Wrong I'm afraid-Rangers.

Big Hibee now though which is all that matters.

FranckSuzy
30-01-2016, 10:19 PM

:top marks

LaMotta
30-01-2016, 10:38 PM

:agree: His performances against Aberdeen, Dun United and St Johnstone confirm that the post is nonsensical.

overdrive
30-01-2016, 11:22 PM

He has said a few times in the press he grew up a Raith fan

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/5430423/Lewis-I-used-to-be-Raith-fan-but-theyre-going-to--knocked-out.html

Some idiot a few rows behind me today was frothing at the mouth whenever anyone passed to him today.

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2016, 11:38 PM

Nah you're wrong. Was a raith fan.

Shrekko
30-01-2016, 11:46 PM
Nah you're wrong. Was a raith fan.

He actually supported both but Rangers were his big team. He's an intelligent guy though - if he's asked he's going to say
Raith.

It's irrelevant anyway- he's a Hibs man now and not just a Hibs player.

hfc rd
31-01-2016, 02:05 AM
Will definitely attend a testimonial for Lewis Stevenson. This young man deserves it!