PDA

View Full Version : Reguero away

Winston Ingram
29-01-2016, 07:04 AM
Antonio Reguero ‏@Antonio_Reguero 2m2 minutes ago
And also thanks to @ICTFC @OfficialKillie @TheStaggies @HibsOfficial ... Scotland will be in my heart for all of my life!

Brightside
29-01-2016, 07:05 AM

Who?

Off the bar
29-01-2016, 07:15 AM
Who?

Second choice keeper I think. Makes sense with the Finnish boy coming in recently

Cabbage East
29-01-2016, 07:17 AM
Antonio Reguero. There's a couple of clues above

Brightside
29-01-2016, 08:48 AM
*whoosh*

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-01-2016, 09:07 AM
Never conceded a first team goal.

Cabbage East
29-01-2016, 09:13 AM
*whoosh*

You really got me there like :rolleyes:

nellio
29-01-2016, 09:20 AM
Not a surprise with the young Finnish guy coming in. Anyone know how he got on with the development side the other night actually?

Tha Cabbage Kid
29-01-2016, 09:34 AM
cant say im too happy about that. if Ox gets injured all we have is Otso? we need experience if we are to take the title seriously.

GreenArmyyy!
29-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Never conceded a first team goal.

He did actually at East End Park, pre-season 😂

GreenArmyyy!
29-01-2016, 09:42 AM
cant say im too happy about that. if Ox gets injured all we have is Otso? we need experience if we are to take the title seriously.

Why? A hungry young keeper who wants to make a name for himself or an older keeper more than comfortable to sit on the bench and take a wage for 6 months, I know which I'd rather have.

MB62
29-01-2016, 09:58 AM

Why? A hungry young keeper who wants to make a name for himself or an older keeper more than comfortable to sit on the bench and take a wage for 6 months, I know which I'd rather have.

But who would be the back up keeper in that scenario? you always need a sub keeper on the bench.

ronaldo7
29-01-2016, 09:58 AM
The correct decision imo. He wasn't going to make it.

Looking forward to the young lad pushing the Ox in the coming seasons.

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-01-2016, 10:19 AM
But who would be the back up keeper in that scenario? you always need a sub keeper on the bench.

But we can't afford to have three keepers just incase one gets injured. Not many teams do. We've had two all season without any issues and we will have two for the rest of the season, just seems we've upgraded our current second choice. If there's injuries then we bring in a young lad or an emergency loan. I'm glad we're not wasting three wages on one position.

Not since the dizzy heights of Yogi's goalkeeping school have we been able to afford 3+ goalkeepers [emoji16]

ekhibee
29-01-2016, 10:20 AM
How do you know he was happy to sit on the bench?

MWHIBBIES
29-01-2016, 10:29 AM
cant say im too happy about that. if Ox gets injured all we have is Otso? we need experience if we are to take the title seriously.No we don't, we need good players. Our most regular (and best) midfield are aged 22, 21, 23 and 19, they seem to be doing just fine.

Tha Cabbage Kid
29-01-2016, 10:29 AM
How do you know he was happy to sit on the bench?

there was no reason to oust Ox from 1st choice. so i think Reguero was unlucky.
But Inexperience could cost us and i dont think we should be relying on a young kid in goals. young outfield players can make mistakes as the other more experiences players can help them along during a match. if young Otso makes a mistake even one wee one that costs us 3 points its a totally different story and most people on here including myself wouldnt be happy about it.

unkless of course this kids is really good.

MWHIBBIES
29-01-2016, 10:33 AM
But Inexperience could cost us and i dont think we should be relying on a young kid in goals. young outfield players can make mistakes as the other more experiences players can help them along during a match. if young Otso makes a mistake even one wee one that costs us 3 points its a totally different story and most people on here including myself wouldnt be happy about it.

Just off the top of my head AC Milan, Chelsea, Stoke, Atletico, FC Koln, Genoa, Real Sociedad and Bayer Leverkusen all have keepers 23 years or under. If you are good enough you are old enough.

CallumLaidlaw
29-01-2016, 10:35 AM
Just off the top of my head AC Milan, Chelsea, Stoke, Atletico, FC Koln, Genoa, Real Sociedad and Bayer Leverkusen all have keepers 23 years or under. If you are good enough you are old enough.

Aye and AC Milan's keeper is 16 is he not!

worcesterhibby
29-01-2016, 10:35 AM

Otto has a good deal of experience of playing in the top league in Finland.

GreenArmyyy!
29-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Aye and AC Milan's keeper is 16 is he not!

Spot on.

MWHIBBIES
29-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Aye and AC Milan's keeper is 16 is he not!Yep, gonna be a cracking player.

Tha Cabbage Kid
29-01-2016, 10:43 AM

and all these keepers are potencially world class. there is a difference.

MWHIBBIES
29-01-2016, 10:55 AM
and all these keepers are potencially world class. there is a difference.Not really, quality is relative to the league/team they are in. A player doesn't need to be world class to be good enough for Hibs.

southern hibby
29-01-2016, 11:16 AM
He did actually at East End Park, pre-season 😂

Also 2 against Wigan preseason

GGTTH

BSEJVT
29-01-2016, 11:28 AM
I would much rather have a young guy with room to develop rather than having an old pro at the end of his career picking up a wage and maybe not that bothered whether he plays or not,

high bee
29-01-2016, 11:30 AM

When Oxley joined he was 23 going on 24 and had 43 appearances mainly for Oldham. His total appearances to date are 95.

Virtanen is 21 going on 22 and has 86 appearances mainly for IFK Mariehamm.

The Ox may have a couple of years over Virtanen but both have been playing 1st team football regularly in the last few years.

Borderhibbie76
29-01-2016, 02:04 PM

You mean like some posters on here who constantly criticise and blame the Ox??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bigwheel
29-01-2016, 02:08 PM
You mean like some posters on here who constantly criticise and blame the Ox??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't think Ox has had constant criticism this season. He's only had one or two games where he has perhaps been questioned..I was one of his biggest critics at the end of last season. This season though, he has been largely superb - much more consistent. I've no real complaints at all...been very impressed. If he keeps on playing and developing, he will rightly be hard to oust. He will value and benefit real completion too..as any good pro would.

SanFranHibs
29-01-2016, 02:27 PM
I would much rather have a young guy with room to develop rather than having an old pro at the end of his career picking up a wage and maybe not that bothered whether he plays or not,

The second posting claiming he was willing to warm the bench and take a wage.

I think most teams have backup players. The only difference with keepers and outfielders is that ' bench warmers' such as bartley, keatngs, etc get more chances.

I am sure if it happened the other aay around the old pro would be commended for being a solid, experienced backup, patient and waiting for his chance.

I am not saying who is better, just dont slag off backup players who are probably appreciate their role but are ready to step in when needed.

monktonharp
29-01-2016, 02:54 PM
Not really, quality is relative to the league/team they are in. A player doesn't need to be world class to be good enough for Hibs.:hmmm:we don't expect our club to quite have that, but most Hibernian fans want quality when it comes to that crucial position. I am not decrying either of our current 2, but they aint a Goram Leighton or Roughie are they. besides, do we not run with 3 goalies? Alan Combe is a registered player though as far as I know.?

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-01-2016, 03:19 PM
He did actually at East End Park, pre-season 

Well if that counts as a goal conceded every time he played, then I am glad he is away.....

AlbertK86
29-01-2016, 03:39 PM

I'm maybe being daft here but don't follow your logic

To me the situation is the same as it has been all season. Injury to goalie means Inexperienced Brennan on bench.

If Ox had got injured in the previous months the n ruguero in and an inexperienced goalie IE Brennan on bench

Situation is the same iInjury to Ox or the new goalie .... Inexperienced Brennan on the bench

BSEJVT
29-01-2016, 03:58 PM
The second posting claiming he was willing to warm the bench and take a wage.

I think most teams have backup players. The only difference with keepers and outfielders is that ' bench warmers' such as bartley, keatngs, etc get more chances.

I am sure if it happened the other aay around the old pro would be commended for being a solid, experienced backup, patient and waiting for his chance.

I am not saying who is better, just dont slag off backup players who are probably appreciate their role but are ready to step in when needed.

:confused:

You will note I carefully and deliberately didn't not mention any individuals names in my post or any of the positions they may occupy

For Hibs to prosper we need to be all about developing young talent

It is therefore my general view that the back up we clearly need should be young players making their way in the game

By and large one of the positives of Stubs reign is that that is exactly what he has done, older experienced guys who fall out the picture get moved on pretty quickly when replacements are in hand

Robertson & Craig to name but 2

This is better for the club and better for those individuals who still have something to offer, maybe just not to Hibs