PDA

View Full Version : Danny Handling

Unseen work
28-01-2016, 04:53 PM
I see Danny is expecting to make his comeback within the next couple of weeks.

looking forward to him coming back and pushing for a place in the team, he has been working very hard in the gym and seems eager to push on and impress.

Think he came on leaps and bounds last season and was impressing in pre season before his injury.

Iceman1875
28-01-2016, 04:58 PM

looking forward to him coming back and pushing for a place in the team, he has been working very hard in the gym and seems eager to push on and impress.

Think he came on leaps and bounds last season and was impressing in pre season before his injury.

As much as I wish the lad well in his recovery, can't see him having a long future at Hibs.

I can count on one hand how many times I've seen him play well and think 'yeah, he's good enough for us'

I believe, IMO, his level will be Dunfermline or such like.

At Easter Road we play...

California-Hibs
28-01-2016, 04:59 PM
As much as I wish the lad well in his recovery, can't see him having a long future at Hibs.

I can count on one hand how many times I've seen him play well and think 'yeah, he's good enough for us'

You're spot on.

Andy74
28-01-2016, 05:04 PM

If he hadn't been injured I think he would have been moved on by now.

hibee-boys
28-01-2016, 05:14 PM
I was very surprised he got the 4 year contract, I know that it was suggested to him that he get loaned out in the summer, before his injury. He'll need game time once the injury is cleared, can't see him getting that here at the moment.

Unseen work
28-01-2016, 05:23 PM
I don't want him leave as I rate him highly.

if he did leave he wouldn't be short of options, could see some spl teams signing him

Ozyhibby
28-01-2016, 05:24 PM
If he hadn't been injured I think he would have been moved on by now.

100% correct.
I don't expect him to play for us again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
28-01-2016, 05:31 PM
100% correct.
I don't expect him to play for us again.

I hope he does

B.H.F.C
28-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Won't play ahead of any of the other midfielders on our books.

superfurryhibby
28-01-2016, 05:42 PM

Good luck to Danny as he completes his recovery. I'll look forward to seeing him (at a distance due to my bowling commitments) getting fit and pushing for a place in the squad.

To the others posting on this thread. Any chance of offering one of our players who is coming back from serious injury a tiny wee bit encouragement instead of all pronouncing on how he isn't going to get a game etc. it's really not that supportive.

Prof. Shaggy
28-01-2016, 05:45 PM
Good luck to Danny as he completes his recovery. I'll look forward to seeing him (at a distance due to my bowling commitments) getting fit and pushing for a place in the squad.

To the others posting on this thread. Any chance of offering one of our players who is coming back from serious injury a tiny wee bit encouragement instead of all pronouncing on how he isn't going to get a game etc. it's really not that supportive.

Well said.

Lago
28-01-2016, 05:47 PM
I was very surprised he got the 4 year contract, I know that it was suggested to him that he get loaned out in the summer, before his injury. He'll need game time once the injury is cleared, can't see him getting that here at the moment.
Can you remind me who gave him the 4 year contract?

cabbageandribs1875
28-01-2016, 05:49 PM

the same man that gave eckersley a contract :dunno: :greengrin

Lago
28-01-2016, 05:52 PM
the same man that gave eckersley a contract :dunno: :greengrin
Well that does supprise me. Ta

The Leith Dutch
28-01-2016, 05:58 PM

Somewhat irrelevant to the point surely?
I like Stubbs and his transfer dealings have been impressive but he can still make bad decisions.
Good as Fergie was he also signed some stinkers.

Whether Handling's 4 year deal was a bad decision I'm not sure.....

Beefster
28-01-2016, 05:58 PM

Given, by your own admission, you won't be supporting him in person, it might be a bit rich to criticise folk who probably will be just because they have an opinion on his ability.

GreenArmyyy!
28-01-2016, 05:59 PM

That's Butcher for you....

I hope he makes a full recovery but he doesn't have what it takes to make it here IMO.

bingo70
28-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Hope he recovers well and gets back challenging for the first team.

I've never really been his bggest fan but it goes without saying it's everyone's hope that he does well.

I'm not really sure what his best position is, forward, on the right of an attacking 3 or an attacking midfielder? I'm sure he's a confident lad off the park but on it I think he's lacked the belief and cockiness on the park to really force his way in and make a position his own, plays it safe too often. I know the argument is that's ball retention but to make an impact he needs to offer more than that imo

erin go bragh
28-01-2016, 06:13 PM
That's Butcher for you....

I hope he makes a full recovery but he doesn't have what it takes to make it here IMO.

Sure it was Stubbs that gave Danny the 4 year deal .

GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
28-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Hope he has made a full recovery and gets himself a move to regular football as I can't really see him securing a regular place at Easter Road.

Smartie
28-01-2016, 06:21 PM
I always thought he was a decent enough player but way too lightweight.

His enforced absence might have allowed him to address this, maybe even better than had he been fit?

Once fit he needs to play every week, he's not a wee teenager any more and will only benefit from regular football. It's best he goes on loan to get that before coming back and trying again next year imo.

I've always found Danny a strange one tbh - there's clearly something there, a lot of what he does is tidy enough but it never quite seems enough to totally convince.

I do remember he had a decent run of games November/ December last year when McGeoch was injured. We looked much better when the team started to settle in and I think Danny's consistency through that spell really helped Scott Allan emerge.

hugo boss
28-01-2016, 06:29 PM
Not good enough for me ... Good luck to the lad , don't think he is SPL quality either !!

RedHibby
28-01-2016, 07:05 PM
Not good enough for me ... Good luck to the lad , don't think he is SPL quality either !!

He doesn't have to be SPL quality because we are in the Championship.

easty
28-01-2016, 07:09 PM
I've never been convinced he was quite good enough for us, I've never been able to work out quite what his role on the pitch is.

Hope his recovery goes well though, and I'd happily be proven wrong about him no being good enough.

MWHIBBIES
28-01-2016, 07:37 PM
Thought he was good when he played at the start of last season, a lot of clever off the ball movements to make space for others. Not sure if he'll make it but Stubbs gave him a 4 year deal, obviously sees something.

hugo boss
28-01-2016, 07:45 PM
He doesn't have to be SPL quality because we are in the Championship. he did when we got relegated . To slow not hard enough in a tackle and not good enough for us in the championship !!

GreenArmy1875
28-01-2016, 08:19 PM
If he was to bulk up and get a bit of grit about him he would be a cracking player. Maybe just not got those qualities. Hope he gets an opportunity out on loan

Brightside
28-01-2016, 08:24 PM
I hope he gets up to fitness. Gets a loan deal to build his confidence again then hopefully he can prove everyone wrong. Remember he was a constant pic for the U21s prior to injury. But he faces an uphill battle.

Spike Mandela
28-01-2016, 08:31 PM
Actually forgot about his very existence. Feels like a new signing if he can get up a level of fitness and shows a bit of form.

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-01-2016, 09:23 PM
Doesn't run or work hard enough. Seemed to care far too much about his appearance than actually grafting for the team.

Will be miles down the pecking order in our current set up.

Terrible injury nonetheless and i hope he comes back stronger and fitter and raring to go, doubt it will be Hibs though.

Lago
28-01-2016, 09:24 PM
Somewhat irrelevant to the point surely?
I like Stubbs and his transfer dealings have been impressive but he can still make bad decisions.
Good as Fergie was he also signed some stinkers.

Whether Handling's 4 year deal was a bad decision I'm not sure.....
Not sure what your point is, but my question was not implying anything, I could not remember who gave him the contract so maybe you need to chill a bit:confused:

iwasthere1972
28-01-2016, 09:27 PM
I hope he does well but I've never rated him. Even if he's improved 100% he'll still be on the bench at best.

southern hibby
Gents against Wigan ( preseason)he took the game to them. Was his best 45 minutes in a Hibs strip for me ( first half then subbed, if I remember correctly).
Make no mistake there's a player in there and I believe that we should persevere with him. I would say we should keep on developing him.

GGTTH

The Harp Awakes
I think Danny needs to be positive and go for it big time when he comes back, whether it be with Hibs or out on loan. I don't doubt his ability and Stubbs wouldn't have given him a 4 year deal if he didn't think so himself.

The doubt I do have about him is his application and work ethic. To make it to a decent level in the modern game you have to be totally committed and work hard whether you're on the ball or off it. Watching Danny playing for Hibs he was good on the ball but his work rate could have been better off the ball. He also seemed to go missing in games when something went against him. Having said that he is still young and there's time for improvement.

All the best Danny in your comeback:thumbsup:

jacomo
28-01-2016, 09:30 PM
I'm a bit dismayed so many are keen to write him off.

Yes, he looked a bit lightweight and searching for a role in the park, but both can be overcome through hard graft and good coaching. He certainly has ability.

He might not make it at Hibs but let's give him some backing eh? Some players just don't get it all together as a teenager.

Dashing Bob S
28-01-2016, 09:32 PM
The new Kevin Thomson, but without the ability.

No, I wish him all the best and hope he pushes for a place. Stubbs is no mug and must have seen something to give him a four year contract.

I have to admit that I've seen the square root of zero that will cause any of our current midfield choices sleepless nights.

DaveF
28-01-2016, 09:38 PM
I'm a bit dismayed so many are keen to write him off.

Yes, he looked a bit lightweight and searching for a role in the park, but both can be overcome through hard graft and good coaching. He certainly has ability.

He might not make it at Hibs but let's give him some backing eh? Some players just don't get it all together as a teenager.

Great Post :aok:

I'm another who hasn't been overly impressed so far, but he was largely playing in a team devoid of confidence. I'm not entirely sure he was played much in his best position either.

If he can come back fitter, stronger and with a determination to succeed then he has a chance to make it. Best of luck to him when he's back into the squad.

The Leith Dutch
28-01-2016, 09:45 PM
Not sure what your point is, but my question was not implying anything, I could not remember who gave him the contract so maybe you need to chill a bit:confused:

Sorry mate - not sure why but I read it as you not asking a genuine question.
Reading back I have no idea why. My bad.

Lago
28-01-2016, 09:50 PM
Sorry mate - not sure why but I read it as you not asking a genuine question.
Reading back I have no idea why. My bad.
No probs, no harm done.:agree:

The Leith Dutch
28-01-2016, 09:53 PM
No probs, no harm done.:agree:

:aok:

cameronw-hfc
28-01-2016, 09:56 PM
Remember someone posting that Danny looked like an above average player in the U20's as a forward but a class above as a holding mid. Maybe that's where Stubbs' plans on using him.

lord bunberry
28-01-2016, 09:57 PM
I like Danny, if he can consistently put in the sort of performance he showed at ibrox last season he could be a cracking player. He's still young enough to show us what he's got.

Centre Hawf
29-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Remember someone posting that Danny looked like an above average player in the U20's as a forward but a class above as a holding mid. Maybe that's where Stubbs' plans on using him.

Thats where Stubbs was using him pre season before his Injury. If Handling can work on that role when he's back then theres a good chance for him to come in and make an impact in the last few months. We sometimes go into games with no midfielder on the bench so he'll have opportunities.

Kick on Danny son.

Greenworld
29-01-2016, 09:08 AM
Danny is a terrific passer from that deep midfield role the laddie just needs a break injury wise...he is at a crucial time in his career but hibs need to give him every chance as I believe he can be a star player for hibs given time

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

J-C
29-01-2016, 09:44 AM
Danny is a terrific passer from that deep midfield role the laddie just needs a break injury wise...he is at a crucial time in his career but hibs need to give him every chance as I believe he can be a star player for hibs given time

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

People keep saying this but one of the best games I saw Danny was last years Challenge cup game at Rangers when he played in the hole and totally controlled the match until he was sent off, even the club have his picture in as a forward, so maybe that's why no one really knows his best position, is it deep, in the hole or as a forward?

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2016, 09:45 AM
The game he was sent off at Ibrox, he was superb. His problem was he did not reach those heights often enough, but he showed that night he has it in him.

eastmainsmsh
29-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Think he is a great prospect had few setbacks but hope he can get back involved

Big L
29-01-2016, 08:57 PM
I like Danny, if he can consistently put in the sort of performance he showed at ibrox last season he could be a cracking player. He's still young enough to show us what he's got.

I think that could be his best position, thats where he wants to play and I hope he has used his time out to realise he is going to have to work hard to get in the Hibs midfield.

Baw187
30-01-2016, 12:05 AM
He'd have to improve considerably both in terms of general performance level and consistency to break in to our current first team. I'd be happy if he could cause that would be another great option we'd have, but the reality despite our best wishes is that's unlikely to happen.

hfc rd
30-01-2016, 12:32 AM
He just seems very inconsistent. One minute playing really well, the next he just seems to be anonymous and game passes him by. I hope he can start performing on a consistent basis but even if he was fully fit just now, I just can't see him getting a starting berth in the final 3rd in this current team.