PDA

View Full Version : Laws of the Game

southsider
28-01-2016, 12:31 PM
There are rules to be followed on pitch width and length, even how far away from the stands the pitch is.Nothing, however on how long or short the grass is to be cut. True footballing sides like the grass to be short, say 10mm, so the ball zips at speed and can be controlled easier. The more, say rubbust, teams like a longer cut so they can just hoof it up the park and fight for the second ball. On Saturday we have two teams that fall into the first category so I wonder how hertz will cut the pitch as we have the Derby the following weekend.

Kato
28-01-2016, 01:41 PM
There are rules to be followed on pitch width and length, even how far away from the stands the pitch is.Nothing, however on how long or short the grass is to be cut. True footballing sides like the grass to be short, say 10mm, so the ball zips at speed and can be controlled easier. The more, say rubbust, teams like a longer cut so they can just hoof it up the park and fight for the second ball. On Saturday we have two teams that fall into the first category so I wonder how hertz will cut the pitch as we have the Derby the following weekend.

Hearts have a wee pitch that rolls up and down and also usually has long grass.

They don't really like football that much, do they.

lapsedhibee
28-01-2016, 02:20 PM

Liking your neologism. A cross between robust and rubbish. Should be in the Yamasaurus, definition: Levein playing style.