PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Pies

worcesterhibby
27-01-2016, 08:27 PM
I know the catering at ER has been discussed at some length on here recently, so it was with this in mind that I set about making tea for the family from Sundays left over chicken, the other night. At the risk of sounding like some sad old granny from Great british Bake off, I was quite proud of the result..I reckon if we sold these at ER they would end up as famous as Killi pies !

erin go bragh
27-01-2016, 08:38 PM
Looks a bit burnt mate :)
Joking aside , looks lovely bud .

GGTTH

Sergey
27-01-2016, 08:39 PM
Good effort. Pastry looks cooked to perfection and I could wolf one down now.

Maybe sharpen up on the photography before the product launch :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Judging by the last sentence in the OP I assume you used self praising flour for the pastry. :-)

worcesterhibby
27-01-2016, 09:15 PM
Judging by the last sentence in the OP I assume you used self praising flour for the pastry. :-)

They are posh pies....amongst the upper crust of pastry snacks !

Tinribs
27-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Pastry looks lush mate, nice and flaky at the edges and good colour :top marks Now, if you could do that with a mince and gravy filling, sign me up :agree:

iwasthere1972
27-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Just finished making a mug of tea. Sorry didn't take a photo but I reckon it could be a best seller. Only cost about five pence to make. Add another couple of pence for a plastic cup and lid and sell it £2.20. Money to be made.

I'm going to see Leanne tomorrow with a product sample.

Updates to follow.

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2016, 09:33 PM
I know the catering at ER has been discussed at some length on here recently, so it was with this in mind that I set about making tea for the family from Sundays left over chicken, the other night. At the risk of sounding like some sad old granny from Great british Bake off, I was quite proud of the result..I reckon if we sold these at ER they would end up as famous as Killi pies !

How much did it cost to make?

leggeto
27-01-2016, 10:07 PM
How much did it cost to make?

The celebration pie for winning the lottery maybe

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2016, 10:08 PM
The celebration pie for winning the lottery maybe

Just wanted to see if it was viable :-)

HiBremian
27-01-2016, 10:13 PM
Ditch the caterers and have a "guest cook" each game from the vast pool of Hibby chefs. You first, WH, only 5,699 more pies needed :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lucius Apuleius
27-01-2016, 10:15 PM
Prefer them heavier glazed but not bad, not bad at all.

worcesterhibby
27-01-2016, 10:27 PM
Ditch the caterers and have a "guest cook" each game from the vast pool of Hibby chefs. You first, WH, only 5,699 more pies needed :-)

Your right making more than one at a time would be more effort than I could bother with...my plan is unravelling fast

HiBremian
27-01-2016, 10:32 PM
Your right making more than one at a time would be more effort than I could bother with...my plan is unravelling fast

Cracking looking pastry all the same. And you know what they say. One Hibby Pie, there's only one Hibby Pie.

I'll get my coat..................