PDA

View Full Version : NHC Carling Cup Final prices

iwasthere1972
27-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Cheapest seats £40. Most expensive £100.

They really are ripping the supporters off. I wouldn't pay that much for a diddy cup final.

Albanian Hibs
27-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Disgusting

jgl07
27-01-2016, 04:53 PM

They really are ripping the supporters off. I wouldn't pay that much for a diddy cup final.

Well don't ****ing pay it you sad individual.

Whatever the Carling Cup is non-one actually knows.

.Sean.
27-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Will our version of the League Cup be a diddy cup if we get to the final? Was it a diddy cup any time we've won it?

I highly doubt any supporter of any English club holds that view, out with gloryhunters who follow the bigger teams from their armchair or the boozer considering the amount of and calibre of sides who are in it.

As for 40 quid, I'd pay ten times that to watch Hibs in a Cup Final.

Smartie
27-01-2016, 04:55 PM

I'd love it if people did just that and they had to play it in front of sponsors/freeloaders and about 500 morons.

They do it because they can get away with it sadly.

Iceman1875
27-01-2016, 05:02 PM

Harsh response mate.

IMO, the tickets are reasonably priced and will be cheaper than most EPL games too.

At Easter Road we play...

jgl07
27-01-2016, 05:10 PM
I also think that the prices for this year's Dryborough Cup and Watneys's Cup are also too high.

GreenArmyyy!
27-01-2016, 05:10 PM

Ridiculous response.

Pretty Boy
27-01-2016, 05:29 PM
You always know someone doesn't have a very good argument when they point out a minor error in a post as opposed to producing a sensible counter argument.

Anyway as for the OP £40 for a cup final is, in relative terms, not too bad. £100 is taking the piss but if it was Hibs then I'd gladly pay it and that's why football authorities keep getting away with it.

davidw
27-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Harsh response mate.

IMO, the tickets are reasonably priced and will be cheaper than most EPL games too.

You must be on different financial planet than most then. This is precisely why people on lower incomes have become excluded from what was supposed to be a working-class game. English prices are ludicrous - this is just another example of why so many people, especially those with kids, can't afford to go.

emerald green
27-01-2016, 05:32 PM
There will be a full house.

SeanWilson
27-01-2016, 05:34 PM

**** me - who's shat in your kettle?

sleeping giant
27-01-2016, 05:35 PM
**** me - who's shat in your kettle?

:tee hee:

iwasthere1972
27-01-2016, 05:35 PM

I have no intention of going. Only support one team and that's obviously the Hibees.

Merely just stating that I think the fans are being fleeced.

I take it someone **** in your bath. :wink:

Iceman1875
27-01-2016, 05:37 PM
You must be on different financial planet than most then. This is precisely why people on lower incomes have become excluded from what was supposed to be a working-class game. English prices are ludicrous - this is just another example of why so many people, especially those with kids, can't afford to go.

I wish I was!

It's a cup final, potentially a Derby. I feel £40-£100 is reasonable considering the venue and magnitude of the game.

The average premiership ticket in England is £40 so for a cup final, the prices IMO are probably about right.

iwasthere1972
27-01-2016, 05:39 PM
I wish I was!

It's a cup final, potentially a Derby. I feel £40-£100 is reasonable considering the venue and magnitude of the game.

The average premiership ticket in England is £40 so for a cup final, the prices IMO are probably about right.

£40 isn't too bad, maybe even £50. But £100. Still think it's mental.

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2016, 05:46 PM
I guess if it turns into an Everton v Liverpool final the tickets will be going for a hell of a lot more than forty quid on the black market. On that note, good luck to the Toffees tonight :greengrin

In general though, when you consider the eye watering TV deal the EPL is about to start the amount some clubs charge the fans is an utter disgrace. I paid £44 to get into Goodison Park at the start of the season and that was for a bog standard stand seat for a bog standard league game against Watford.

3pm
27-01-2016, 05:46 PM
I'd pay a ton for a cup final ticket.

Michael
27-01-2016, 05:48 PM
Surprised at that...seems pretty ridiculous.

Aren't Hampden prices usually slightly cheaper than league games?

Torto7062
27-01-2016, 05:54 PM
If I could get a ticket for the Liverpool end I'd pay £100 easily...just hope we get Everton

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

greenlex
27-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Glory hunters will pay whatever it takes.

DH1875
27-01-2016, 06:02 PM
Surprised at that...seems pretty ridiculous.

Aren't Hampden prices usually slightly cheaper than league games?

Sure I paid £35 for our last cup final so werent cheaper than league games.

Haymaker
27-01-2016, 06:10 PM
£40 isn't too bad, maybe even £50. But £100. Still think it's mental.

The posh seats at Wembley are worth £100.

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2016, 06:15 PM

O
Away with ya Diddy cup final pish you sound like a jambo :-)
I would pay £200 for a ticket if Everton get there too.

jgl07
27-01-2016, 06:16 PM
I'd love it if people did just that and they had to play it in front of sponsors/freeloaders and about 500 morons.

They do it because they can get away with it sadly.

No it's because people actually want to go. Unlike the Scottish game which has been brought to its knees by years of mismanagement and kowtowing to the old firm bigots.

iwasthere1972
27-01-2016, 06:25 PM
O
Away with ya Diddy cup final pish you sound like a jambo :-)
I would pay £200 for a ticket if Everton get there too.

How many loyalty points do you need. :duck:

Michael
27-01-2016, 06:31 PM
Sure I paid £35 for our last cup final so werent cheaper than league games.

Right you are...evidently I've been trying to forget: http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1957&newsCategoryID=7&newsID=11732

HH81
27-01-2016, 06:33 PM
I was in the most expensive seats for Arsenal v Birmingham a few years back and it was £86.00.

You can't put a price on a good time.

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2016, 06:35 PM
I think nothing of spending over £100 on a night out with the missus so the final sounds a bargain to me :-)

SquashedFrogg
27-01-2016, 06:41 PM
I wish I was!

I'm sure you would, as would many others... But can you honestly say that's 'reasonable' to watch a football match? On top of tickets prices consider travel, inflated accommodation, food, taking kids etc.

Maybe I'm in the minority? Scandalous in more ways than one.... Every player in that final will be a millionaire, the 1000's of dignitaries who will also attend on 'free' tickets will be extremely wealthy....

Nah, not for me.....

I love my team and love football but that makes me sick....

KWJ
27-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Suppose it also depends on how many 40 quid tickets there are available.

After seeing the thread I thought the cheapest was going to be a good bit more than that.

brianmc
27-01-2016, 06:49 PM
I go to watch Barcelona when I can afford it. For this weekend's game against Atlético prices range from 64€ for the cheapest seats away up behind the goals by the scoreboard to 995€ for the top priced prawn tapas seat.
Oh, and there are no concessions for kids etc

green&left
27-01-2016, 06:57 PM
Suppose it also depends on how many 40 quid tickets there are available.

After seeing the thread I thought the cheapest was going to be a good bit more than that.

Forty quid is for the top tier as the worst view then the price goes up the closer you get to the pitch. £40 isn't to bad. £100 for bottom tier side stand tickets is a joke.

Carheenlea
27-01-2016, 07:00 PM
When I saw the thread title, I opened it expecting to read of prices way exceeding the £40-£100 quoted. Those prices are pretty much what I would expect for such a game. Folk were paying around £100 to go and see U2 in Glasgow recently with most appearing to feel that represented value for what was on offer. Ticket for The Open is £80, Six Nations about £60-£70.

DH1875
27-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Forty quid is for the top tier as the worst view then the price goes up the closer you get to the pitch. £40 isn't to bad. £100 for bottom tier side stand tickets is a joke.

Been in the top tier at wembley a few times and never had a bad view of the pitch. £40 is well worth it. Esp if its Liverpool v Everton.

As others have said, I'd cladly pay £100 to watch us in a cup final if it was the only way of getting a ticket.

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Been in the top tier at wembley a few times and never had a bad view of the pitch. £40 is well worth it. Esp if its Liverpool v Everton.

As others have said, I'd cladly pay £100 to watch us in a cup final if it was the only way of getting a ticket.

Top tier is a great view.

SteveHFC
27-01-2016, 07:15 PM
Frankfurt-Bayern a few years ago cost me €32 euro's.

Bargain.

IWasThere2016
27-01-2016, 07:18 PM

It is acceptable IMHO - though I did pay £30/£15 for City v. Roma, Bayern Munich and £60/£30 for Barcelona for me and the lad in the Champions League last season.

IWasThere2016
27-01-2016, 07:21 PM
I'm going to Malaga-Real Madrid next month for 70Euro

Onceinawhile
27-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Frankfurt-Bayern a few years ago cost me €32 euro's.

Bargain.

Was that a cup final?

SteveHFC
27-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Was that a cup final?

League game.

hfc rd
27-01-2016, 07:56 PM
Going to the Borrussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich game on March 5th at Signal Iduna Park. Ticket cost €40. Seat is right next to the yellow wall. Can't wait! Should be some atmosphere!

SteveHFC
27-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Going to the Borrussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich game on March 5th at Signal Iduna Park. Ticket cost €40. Seat is right next to the yellow wall. Can't wait! Should be some atmosphere!

Bayern fans are a decent bunch.

Bundesliga is the best league in the world. Enjoy. :aok:

brianmc
27-01-2016, 08:04 PM
It is acceptable IMHO - though I did pay £30/£15 for City v. Roma, Bayern Munich and £60/£30 for Barcelona for me and the lad in the Champions League last season.

I was in the away end at the Ethiad for City v Barça. £60 for me and £60 for my bairn....
Anyhow, back to the original point from the OP - I don't think the cup final tickets are excessive.
As someone posted earlier (Scouse I think) a quiet night out with the wife (transport, meal, movie perhaps and a couple of drinks would be £100+). You either think it's value for money out not and vote with your wallet accordingly.
Would I be in favour of, or indeed able to afford Hibs charging these prices on a regular basis? Naw.
But it's no Hibs v some second tier team we're talking about - it's a cup final at Wembley FFS

johnbc70
27-01-2016, 08:08 PM
Been to two Champions League Finals and paid £300 each for a ticket (Cat 1) and worth every penny. I am watching football at arguably the highest level in the word and guys who are the best in the world (Messi, Neymar, Pirrlo etc.) and was a pleasure to see them live. Off to the Euro 2016 final in July and paid £250 for ticket, that was face value.

I know I am lucky that I can afford it but I don't mind paying that if I am seeing the world's best in the biggest games.

Lago
27-01-2016, 08:14 PM
And yet the place will be bursting at the seams

Haymaker
27-01-2016, 08:14 PM

:agree: been up in the rafters a few times at Wembley but never had a crap view. Sat on half line in the middle section and it was not cheap but cracking view and no queues for booze, food or toilets that upper and lower stands have. Very well built modern stadium.

Shame it is in such a ****hole and a ballache to get there!

H18 SFR
27-01-2016, 08:16 PM
I had a pair of tickets for the UEFA cup final in 2008 I think it was, the one held in Manchester...the one the manky mob got to!

I ended up giving them to two of my bigoted mates. They promptly sent me selfies with the guy sitting next to them...Frank Lampard lol.

HH81
27-01-2016, 08:18 PM
:agree: been up in the rafters a few times at Wembley but never had a crap view. Sat on half line in the middle section and it was not cheap but cracking view and no queues for booze, food or toilets that upper and lower stands have. Very well built modern stadium.

Shame it is in such a ****hole and a ballache to get there!

There is the underground right outside? Found it easy to be fair.

ScottB
27-01-2016, 08:19 PM
£40 for a ticket in one of the best stadiums in the world to watch your team play a Cup final? I'd pay that.

The amount we get charged to watch us play Alloa is more of a rip off than that, for me!

Haymaker
27-01-2016, 08:30 PM
There is the underground right outside? Found it easy to be fair.

There is yes... Remember we would approach it in different directions! Can be a pain in the arse from the south of London. Getting home is also a bugger. Still, think it is wonderful, the walk up the Wembley way is brilliant.

HH81
27-01-2016, 08:36 PM
There is yes... Remember we would approach it in different directions! Can be a pain in the arse from the south of London. Getting home is also a bugger. Still, think it is wonderful, the walk up the Wembley way is brilliant.

When i went mate I ended up at kings cross then underground. Found it easy.

We had a bit too much to drink and started singing to this guy about how much he looked like Robbie Savage. His Mrs was laughing so much.

Haymaker
27-01-2016, 08:40 PM
When i went mate I ended up at kings cross then underground. Found it easy.

We had a bit too much to drink and started singing to this guy about how much he looked like Robbie Savage. His Mrs was laughing so much.

I have to travel from Bridge, takes ages. So it feels anyway. Nightmare after though, so many people trying to cram on tubes!

HH81
27-01-2016, 08:42 PM
I have to travel from Bridge, takes ages. So it feels anyway. Nightmare after though, so many people trying to cram on tubes!

All I remember is running for the train at kings cross after game.

Some day out and I didn't support either team. Top seats too half way line first tier.

Haymaker
27-01-2016, 08:47 PM
All I remember is running for the train at kings cross after game.

Some day out and I didn't support either team. Top seats too half way line first tier.

Great modern stadium. Emirates and Allianz are also brilliant.

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2016, 08:50 PM
Tube organisation after England games is superb they just keep sending them empty.

hibbysam
27-01-2016, 08:51 PM
I'm sure you would, as would many others... But can you honestly say that's 'reasonable' to watch a football match? On top of tickets prices consider travel, inflated accommodation, food, taking kids etc.

Maybe I'm in the minority? Scandalous in more ways than one.... Every player in that final will be a millionaire, the 1000's of dignitaries who will also attend on 'free' tickets will be extremely wealthy....

Nah, not for me.....

I love my team and love football but that makes me sick....

As opposed to paying £150-£200 to watch the boxing next month in Manchester? I'd certainly rather pay £100 to watch a cup final which may last 2 hours plus, than £150-£200 to watch a fight that may last 10/20/30 seconds

Haymaker
27-01-2016, 08:55 PM
Tube organisation after England games is superb they just keep sending them empty.

:faf:

I have a load of friends who do England away but have to buy tickets to home games as well. They are guaranteed tickets for the duration of the euros.

They routinely offer me free tickets to Wembley... If I scan the other 18 tickets!